Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,704 members, 7,831,206 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard - Business (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (99973 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by guyANDROID1: 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2012
pls house,i use my gt mastercard to buy domain name from godday.com n they accept without activating any token...i heard ppl mentioning token ..pls put me tru...is it neccessary i activate d token..
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by arbitrage: 8:09pm On Nov 30, 2012
guy ANDROID: pls house,i use my gt mastercard to buy domain name from godday.com n they accept without activating any token...i heard ppl mentioning token ..pls put me tru...is it neccessary i activate d token..

Read the post immediately before yours if moderators will allow it to stay, that's just a part of the enlightenment they allowed to stay non-hidden.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 11:16pm On Nov 30, 2012
arbitrage: This is the continuation of my postings that FOD and Naijacutee have been hiding in both UBA Africard threads. The earlier portion has been repeatedly hid...

I said earlier that you do not have to fear the merchant having access to use your card later. This is because if you use your card on the right website, the payment page where you enter your card details should be starting with a Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of https (denoting secured website) instead of just http. So depending on the level of security and encryption (64-bit, 128-bit or 256-bit), entering your card details will only be looking coded in binary forms to the back-end of the merchant support (just like your asterisked password) and not readable to them. So they do not have your card details. In fact, redirecting you to GTB site for entering token (if possibly required) does not guarantee that they cannot see or use the card.

More so, some merchants in the West only need your card number to debit your card for orders you place by telephone banking and not necessarily your 3-digit security code at the back. But GTB told me they do not release your fund to any merchant that do not present your 3-digit security code when claiming their money from an order you placed and authorized on their website. Other banks may have different style over there as per not being strict with what they need before releasing your fund from your card to the merchant's banker. While GTB holds the amount you authorize on a site from your available balance until the merchant's banker claims it successfully, it may take about 30 days to automatically refund it to your card if the merchant does not claim it due to any problem. For example for not supplying your 3-digit code at the back of card in its claim, GTB will not release the fund.

You are right but one will get his/her money back into main account within 24hrs if GTB is being contacted via email
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 11:38pm On Nov 30, 2012
guy ANDROID: pls house,i use my gt mastercard to buy domain name from godday.com n they accept without activating any token...i heard ppl mentioning token ..pls put me tru...is it neccessary i activate d token..

You don't really need token but you will need it on some sites that you see "Secure Mastercode" as you will be prompted for a code which you can only get with token from your Internet Banking panel.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nordi(m): 5:02pm On Dec 01, 2012
@normaljey, go here verify paypal for you, they verified my paypal in 24hrs
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by afolabisegun(m): 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2012
Uba afri card is having problem and the bank has recently stopped issuing the card
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 8:44pm On Dec 01, 2012
afolabisegun: Uba afri card is having problem and the bank has recently stopped issuing the card

What problem is that?
They are still issuing it here in Osun State.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by guyANDROID1: 9:05pm On Dec 01, 2012
dont mind dat guy....he want to redirect ppl to his site to sell one stupid ebook...d ebook dat someone gave me free n i ve reward him cuz i love a str8 person...God love a cheerful giver...shebi el matteo na person like him offering d tutorial here on nairaland....mtcheeeeeew
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by NAIRA25(m): 10:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
Can someone help me with OTP,,am using uba naira debit master card and am trying to make some transactions on quickteller,, pls any one to help on how to get this one time password...??
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by woolatex: 10:58pm On Dec 02, 2012
pls i m new in dis thread and i have lost my africard password for online, how do i get it back because it is saying see d issuing bank when i tried to login 2 my acct
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by woolatex: 11:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
woolatex: pls i m new in dis thread and i have lost my africard password for online, how do i get it back because it is saying see d issuing bank when i tried to login 2 my acct

pls i am waiting for reply or would it be compulsory going 2 d bank
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 11:40pm On Dec 02, 2012
NAIRA25: Can someone help me with OTP,,am using uba naira debit master card and am trying to make some transactions on quickteller,, pls any one to help on how to get this one time password...??

not clear with your request.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2012
woolatex: pls i m new in dis thread and i have lost my africard password for online, how do i get it back because it is saying see d issuing bank when i tried to login 2 my acct

Call customer care on 07002255822 or betterstill,go back to the branch of UBA that you got the card from but make sure that you have at least N150 in your account as you will be charged for it.Thanks
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by woolatex: 12:12am On Dec 03, 2012
legalwealth:

Call customer care on 07002255822 or betterstill,go back to the branch of UBA that you got the card from but make sure that you have at least N150 in your account as you will be charged for it.Thanks

thank's my oga i will do dat 2maro
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by NAIRA25(m): 5:26am On Dec 03, 2012
legalwealth:

not clear with your request.
am using Uba debit master card,so i was trying to make payment online on quickteller platfrm,but my trasactn could not be completed cos they were demanding for OTP(one time password) from my bank,so hw do i go abt this legal d boss
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by bulksms12(m): 6:55am On Dec 03, 2012
Do you have an urgent nid of liberty reserve for a
business,perfect money?Supply me with your
credible info and get a loan interest rate %30
duration 15 days colateral rate 20% all in
ecurrency.fast funding same day granteed!loan
range from $50 to $300 contact me name:mr peter
phone:08058795770  pin: 2211481B
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Ozonna(m): 7:56am On Dec 03, 2012
it seems like its now far more easier for a Carmel to pass thru the eye of a needle than for UBA to issue me an Africard. I'm in Enugu @ the moment and almost thruout last week have literally been begging this Bank to give me the card but my plea fell on deaf ears. Their excuse I really don't understand.

Please have anyone used Zenithbanks card to do any transaction online?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by afolabisegun(m): 8:20am On Dec 03, 2012
whoever want to start importation of cheap products from china should read this to get started www.proinfomarketing.com/importation.htm
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 10:37am On Dec 03, 2012
NAIRA25: am using Uba debit master card,so i was trying to make payment online on quickteller platfrm,but my trasactn could not be completed cos they were demanding for OTP(one time password) from my bank,so hw do i go abt this legal d boss

Now I get you but I only know how to get that with UBA Africard which is VISA card as you will only need to go UBA VERIFIED by VISA webpage but you are talking about mastercard this time around and the only way that I know how to get done is using TOKEN which I don't think UBA have but I normally use that with my GTB token hardware through my Internet Banking portal.

Call UBA customer care line about that or visit their nearest office but UBA Africard will solve this for you amicably.

Best of luck...
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 03, 2012
NAIRA25: Can someone help me with OTP,,am using uba naira debit master card and am trying to make some transactions on quickteller,, pls any one to help on how to get this one time password...??

call me onso i can put u through.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 03, 2012
Ozonna: it seems like its now far more easier for a Carmel to pass thru the eye of a needle than for UBA to issue me an Africard. I'm in Enugu @ the moment and almost thruout last week have literally been begging this Bank to give me the card but my plea fell on deaf ears. Their excuse I really don't understand.

Please have anyone used Zenithbanks card to do any transaction online?

yes i have used both but UBA cards are better,you can call me on.9.9.8.9 let me tell u were u can get it in enugu.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by soloqy: 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2012
awatefe:

yes i have used both but UBA cards are better,you can call me on 0.8.1.8.2.7.3.9.9.8.9 let me tell u were u can get it in enugu.

So why the secrecy? Why does he have to call you personally? Is it not an address of the branch? Post it for him here.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 04, 2012
soloqy:

So why the secrecy? Why does he have to call you personally? Is it not an address of the branch? Post it for him here.

since you have prempted me and knw its an address YOU post it for him here na.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by soloqy: 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
awatefe:

since you have prempted me and knw its an address YOU post it for him here na.

The issue is that everyone is sharing info here but you are asking him to call you personally to get it. What does that say?

If its not an address of a bank branch, so what is it?

smh
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by obysolid(m): 11:07pm On Dec 05, 2012
Can one still but online wit virtual credit card
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by bancy011: 11:50pm On Dec 05, 2012
pls my account was blocked while trying to make payment on aliexpress,cos i tried entering my card no and security code they said is invalide nd now my card is blocked.pls how do iknow the security code of my card cos i hv put the last 3 numbers behind the card still no way.pls what else do i do.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Herdeoye(m): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2012
Pls guys am trying to activate verified by visa on my Africard but it is telling me try again. And pls wat is signature panel code?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by arbitrage: 8:31pm On Dec 14, 2012
NAIRA25: am using Uba debit master card,so i was trying to make payment online on quickteller platfrm,but my trasactn could not be completed cos they were demanding for OTP(one time password) from my bank,so hw do i go abt this legal d boss

the one time password, otp is required when you are using quickteller services other than postpaid airtime and eko zone phcn prepaid recharge card, dstv recharge. e.g when using quickteller money transfer service, you will be asked to register for otp first at the top of the page. the otp registration is usually not complete until the request is approved by ur bank to interswitch, the owner of quickteller. my such otp request on quickteller to gtbank is still awaiting approval for about 3 weeks now. just forget their otp service and use other available services that require no otp.

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 16, 2012
danielng:

UBA Africa card is not an account with the bank. The bank is an agent to GTP (card issuer) and so the card can not transfer funds into other UBA (and other banks) accounts.
The card it programmed to absorb only 750,000 quarterly (1million annually). So it has it limits too.

Personalized and non - personalized can performs same function.
Hope you are cleared.
so that means that the maximum amount that can be paid into my uba afri card is one million naira annually?if the answer is yes,so how will be able to receive a withdrawal of like 10000 dollars from ladbrokes?please explain.thanks
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by danielng: 9:59am On Dec 17, 2012
Its 750,000 X 4 = 3 million annually.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2012
danielng: Its 750,000 X 4 = 3 million annually.
so that means that if i want to withdraw from my ladbrokes account to my afri-card and the amount exceed the limit for my card will they allow me to withdraw by any other means?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (31) (Reply)

What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? / Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.