Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home (26129 Views)

BREAKING: “anambra”yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home / Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria / Compendium Of Pmb's Ongoing & Completed Projects & Policy Successes In S/E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 1:30pm On Dec 09, 2023
3ple9iner:

Its because the Yorubas there don't claim right in illegality, the don't build on drainage nor on canal way, they respect there host and the culture of there hosts.

Oga stop the gaslighting, so Yorubas didn't build on drainage abi? The government said 80% of the demolished buildings are yoruba owned, now you want to lie on this right.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by LOVEALAIGBO: 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2023
Tjra:

I've always known not all Igbos are not tribalists. It is just sad the few bad folks amongst them are making the rest of the world see all of them as intolerant.

Polygamy is frowned at in my religion else would have taken an Igbo chick as a 2nd wife.

I learnt their yellow girls have hairy chest and bushy but very juicy sweetpot. That turns me on cry

Could you keep your sick sexual fantasies to yourself!?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 1:32pm On Dec 09, 2023
gigabyte13:
Yorubas, very very peaceful and loving people
Dem no dey follow anybody Papa drag land
Dem no dey follow anybody Papa drag power.
Dem no dey follow anybody Papa drag wertin no belong or concern Dem.
Dem no dey pass their boundary
Unlike some strange bird fellow
Who enter your city via night bus
Turn to owner the following morning.
Awon omo olori pelebe , irankiran oshi.

How did igvos drag land with you, or it is just your inferiority complex at play. Look at igbos no form of inferiority complex with the Yorubas because they know themselves very well. I wouldn't say the same about the bigots among you who feel igbos are dragging Lagos with you.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Ayo25: 1:34pm On Dec 09, 2023
No no one is paranoid. An average Igbo man hates a Yoruba man. Fact. You can pretend all you want.
Funkyswagzz:

No one hate u in anyway and no one is dragging any land with u. You are just paranoid

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Lonestar124: 1:34pm On Dec 09, 2023
Zeebuy:
Not actually a big deal. Leave the nonsense you hear from emptyheads on nairaland, there are a large number of Yorubas in igboland.

My former landlord is a Yoruba man from Osun State. I was his tenant at MCC road, Owerri. Last I heard, he's building another block of flats at Orji.

1 of my mechanic friends is a Yoruba man, married to an Igbo woman.

My licencing office plug is a Yoruba woman. She and her husband and kids live at ikenegbu

The electrician who did the wiring of my factory is a Yoruba man

An associate of mine who is the engineer who built that new hotel at Yar adua drive, just before that left turn, is a Yoruba man. Has been living in Owerri for more than 6 years.

The parcel of land next to where my factory is located was bought by a Yoruba man. They've started developing it, I heard it's a school.

The biggest provision store in my street is owned by a Yoruba woman. I won't forget last month when her hefty husband beat up 1 stupid boy on front of the boy's house. The boy is Igbo, but no one did anything or tried to attack the man, because the stupid boy deserved the beating

There are many many more, but some people here will make you think no Yorubas live in igboland. The average Igbo man doesn't care, as long as you don't threaten his family or his source of livelihood.

Some people say Igbos don't sell land to outsiders. Biggest lie. If you want land in Owerri, I have 2 plots at Orji to sell

Plenty of northerners too. A lot of my mom's customers are of northern extraction. It's from them I learnt that most of them don't like it when you say Buhari is their brother. They'll be quick to correct you that Buhari is Fulani while they're hausa
How much for one plot?
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2023
vannessa7:
They are allowed to live peacefully because they are themselves peaceful omoluabis, I'm very sure none of them will call Anambra a no man's land neither will they go against the political interest of Anambra people, they will not engage in all sorts of crimes, we can even see that these are responsible achievers not irresponsible nonentities who will come to your land for greater opportunities and after he has achieved a bit of success with your support he turns back and insult your entire generation.
There are more Yorubas than other Nigerian tribes in the UK and US anyway because Yorubas value traveling out than traveling within Nigeria.

Can you stop all this goal shifting and subtle gaslighting. The person who started calling Lagos a No Man's land was Lateef Jakande a Yoruba man. And again what do you mean by Political interest, so are you saying all Yorubas must vote APC in Lagos? Come I really don't get you guys, so it is a crime for igbos to vote for whom they want to vote. Who told you that All Yorubas in Lagos want to vote APC that you can say it is their political interest? Madam you are too big for this display of foolishness. Just hide your faces in shame at the level of bigotry you guys are showing. Igbos don't care who you are in the east

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by lawani: 1:39pm On Dec 09, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Abolition of state of origin isn't the issue here. It won't even work in a country like ours cos of our makeup as a people. But if we can nip tribalism in the bud, just as our forefathers had done, and had a progressive nation, we'd be fine. The present generation of politicians have destroyed a lot of things by toeing that path. No tribe is exempted, cos of their selfish interests.

It got so bad that, despite seeing the obvious, once they see you supporting a candidate other than someone from your tribe, they say you're from that tribe grin. They could go as far as destroying your property or threatening your life. What an act of desperation. I've seen siblings who belonged to different political parties in the past and no issues.

This thing you people are calling tribalism is nationalism. You have to love yourself before loving other people. Any other way is invalid. Ijesa on its own is a nation. It is as populated as some European nations. Why should that identity be abolished?. Is there a benefit in mixing everything without boundaries?. Even between husband and wife there must be boundary

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 1:39pm On Dec 09, 2023
yommen:

Is it that you don't learn? Yorubas do not have to make noise about what they do. If Yorubas do not travel out of their region, how come this headline? If Yorubas don't move out of their regions, how come Yoruba language is the most spoken West African Language in the US and UK? Why is it that you only believe in what pleases you?

Let us do stats how many of them travel and live within Nigeria compared to igbos, let us start there? You guys are so childish when it comes to this tribalism that it makes people who ordinarily should have sense to be so foolish.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by lawani: 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

Can you stop all this goal shifting and subtle gaslighting. The person who started calling Lagos a No Man's land was Lateef Jakande a Yoruba man. And again what do you mean by Political interest, so are you saying all Yorubas must vote APC in Lagos? Come I really don't get you guys, so it is a crime for igbos to vote for whom they want to vote. Who told you that All Yorubas in Lagos want to vote APC that you can say it is their political interest? Madam you are too big for this display of foolishness. Just hide your faces in shame at the level of bigotry you guys are showing. Igbos don't care who you are in the east

It would be wrong for all Yorubas in Anambra to gang up in one party against Igbos. That would be war by other means. Yorubas in Anambra are serving Igbo people
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2023
lawani:

It would be wrong for all Yorubas in Anambra to gang up in one party against Igbos. That would be war by other means. Yorubas in Anambra are serving Igbo people

Chai you people are born liars. So there were no igbos supporting APC? Or they were no Yorubas supporting LP? You people should admit that you have messed up with this bigotry, it doesn't remove anything from you, have shame for once.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:44pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ayo25:
No no one is paranoid. An average Igbo man hates a Yoruba man. Fact. You can pretend all you want.

See problem oo I said no one hates u. I'm not pretending it was actually this election that brought out mixed reactions and tribal wars. Before the election everybody was cool. U have to blame the politians who used people
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by georgeakins: 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin

There is even an Oba grin

God bless my Igbo neigbours. Nobody is telling them to go back to their villages. Nobody is destroying their Establishment or demolishing their Houses under the pretence that they did not abide by the building plans.

Our Igbo brothers are the true Definition of one Nigeria when such does not exist in the minds of those who hate & jealous them.

God bless all Igbos anywhere they are & give my SS people the wisdom to know who their real brothers & enemies are

Fake story!

Only Ibos live in Ibo land.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by georgeakins: 1:49pm On Dec 09, 2023
Beremx:
Igbos accommodate other ethnic group without making noise about it.
We are the real accommodators. We don't threaten our hosts because we love everyone

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by bhella10: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2023
Zeebuy:
Not actually a big deal. Leave the nonsense you hear from emptyheads on nairaland, there are a large number of Yorubas in igboland.

My former landlord is a Yoruba man from Osun State. I was his tenant at MCC road, Owerri. Last I heard, he's building another block of flats at Orji.

1 of my mechanic friends is a Yoruba man, married to an Igbo woman.

My licencing office plug is a Yoruba woman. She and her husband and kids live at ikenegbu

The electrician who did the wiring of my factory is a Yoruba man

An associate of mine who is the engineer who built that new hotel at Yar adua drive, just before that left turn, is a Yoruba man. Has been living in Owerri for more than 6 years.

The parcel of land next to where my factory is located was bought by a Yoruba man. They've started developing it, I heard it's a school.

The biggest provision store in my street is owned by a Yoruba woman. I won't forget last month when her hefty husband beat up 1 stupid boy on front of the boy's house. The boy is Igbo, but no one did anything or tried to attack the man, because the stupid boy deserved the beating

There are many many more, but some people here will make you think no Yorubas live in igboland. The average Igbo man doesn't care, as long as you don't threaten his family or his source of livelihood.

Some people say Igbos don't sell land to outsiders. Biggest lie. If you want land in Owerri, I have 2 plots at Orji to sell

Plenty of northerners too. A lot of my mom's customers are of northern extraction. It's from them I learnt that most of them don't like it when you say Buhari is their brother. They'll be quick to correct you that Buhari is Fulani while they're hausa
True. Yorubas don't hate Igbos. Before now we live and cohabit we still do. We've intermarried. They are our junior brothers. But there are few bad eggs among them stoking hatred online.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Ayo25: 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2023
Lies kee you there. Leave politicians out of these oga. An average Igbo man hates and those not rate a Yoruba man. The elections did not bring out anything, the hatred have always been there.
Funkyswagzz:

See problem oo I said no one hates u. I'm not pretending it was actually this election that brought out mixed reactions and tribal wars. Before the election everybody was cool. U have to blame the politians who used people
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ayo25:
Lies kee you there. Leave politicians out of these oga. An average Igbo man hates and those not rate a Yoruba man. The elections did not bring out anything, the hatred have always been there.

We hate you and we leave in your land. Make that make sense to me
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by MrColdsweat: 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ayo25:
At least they concede it is their second home and are grateful for whatever success they have acheive over there, not like those who after being allowed to feed fat of the good of the land and prosper, would begin to claim 'no mansland'.
But you claim SE is a barren land, that no business thrives there. You have now been shamed, then you shift the goalpost. Tell your parents and family to contribute shame and give to you.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Tochj(m): 1:56pm On Dec 09, 2023
Where is that serial manipulator called omockery?
No matter the Hate
Truth will continue to come out.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by cremedelacreme: 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
bhella10:
True. Yorubas don't hate Igbos. Before now we live and cohabit we still do. We've intermarried. They are our junior brothers. But there are few bad eggs among them stoking hatred online.

Is it Igbos that hate Yorubas? So there are no few bad eggs amongst the Yorubas? The way some of you reason baffles me at times.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by georgeakins: 1:59pm On Dec 09, 2023
AustineE1:
Some local champions thinks the world starts and end in Lagos. There are communities from all of parts of Nigeria and as far as China,cameroun,Ghana,Togo,Gabon etc having huge presence in Onitsha,carrying out their businesses successfully. The Igbo man is capitalist by nature and welcomes competition very well,non Igbos doing businesses in the East enjoys wonderful hospitality,as thats cultural with Igbos. Outsiders living in South East can attest to the wonderful hospitality they get. little wonder why so many industries are coming up in Onitsha,Aba,Nnewi,Enugu and other South Eastern states.

Ibo land is a jungle inhabited by cannibals
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by johnjose68: 2:00pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:
Splendid.
I learnt that SW has quite an investment in the East.
The biggest mall in the SE,Polo Park was built by Tayo Amusan with the cooperation of the govt.
There are Chicken Republic,Tantalizers and other SW and Nigeria top eateries in the SE.
Gtb aka Gtco.
Fcmb bank.
First bank etc.
There was a time I went to the SE and had cause to go to Asaba Which is very close to Onitsha,I stayed there for a couple of days.
Just on the Benin-Onitsha express road,I saw about 3 to 4 Swesterners coys.
I saw on the right side going to the Niger bridge en route to Onitsha,A huge industry called Animal Feeds,I saw Elizade coy,a petrol station owned by a Yoruba man on the left then a block making establishment by a Westerner.
I thought that seeing about 4 coys of Western origin in a distance not too far means there are still others strewn all over the SE and SS.
Through my research,I believe that Yorubas are very good at making wealth and very industrious indeed.

Yorubas are very good at making wealth and very industrious indeed BUT NOT MAKING NOISE ABOUT IT

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by gigabyte13: 2:00pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

How did igvos drag land with you, or it is just your inferiority complex at play. Look at igbos no form of inferiority complex with the Yorubas because they know themselves very well. I wouldn't say the same about the bigots among you who feel igbos are dragging Lagos with you.

Abeg brother,
Na where l take mention IGBOS for my post.....
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by sweetjohn(m): 2:03pm On Dec 09, 2023
Igbos are Israel Yorubas are Hamas! This is our trial times just like Israel we will come out stronger and deal with all our enemies.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by tyinfinity: 2:05pm On Dec 09, 2023
Fake news .Anambra that sent other Igbo non Anambra packing from its civil service
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by paramakina202: 2:05pm On Dec 09, 2023
Somebody should tag Reno Omokri.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by ObabiOlorunosi(m): 2:07pm On Dec 09, 2023
ecolime:
Yorubas living in Igboland? shocked

This is cool and a beauty to watch.

Would love to visit Anambra and other SE states in my lifetime.

I once lived in a village in Ayamelum local government in Anambra State. They are good people.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by ShangTsung000: 2:07pm On Dec 09, 2023
Justiceleague1:
Nice one.

Their disgusting y.m.m. coneheaded structured banzas preaching hatred and disunity will be so ashamed.
See how them fine...dem they chop better food for there nah...these ones nor they chop grass hydraulic oil here,water there,beaten with one Kain broom grin grin grin grin

And them geh toilet for house too. Also sleeping under a non brown roofed house.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2023
gigabyte13:

Abeg brother,
Na where l take mention IGBOS for my post.....

Bros we know the people you are referring to, so let us cut the chase and say it with your full chest.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Suncheks(m): 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2023
Igbo's are very accommodating in nature and doesn't even have the time to make noise about other ethnic nationality that live among them.
One example is my local government, Igbo Eze South LGA of enugu state where a ward in the center of the town was named after the Yorubas and Hausa's that lives in the town. (Amebo/Hausa/Yoruba ward is the name) go and verify. I know some tribal warriors will threaten to burn down hevean should this this happen in their region.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Zeebuy: 2:11pm On Dec 09, 2023
bhella10:

The Igbos don't hate the Yorubas too. We take them as our brothers. There are also bad eggs amongst the Yoruba stoking hatred

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Zeebuy: 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2023
Lonestar124:
How much for one plot?

5M. Behind Orji Town Primary School

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries / 2019: Inside Pdp’s Plans To Topple APC / Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.