Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria (47716 Views)

11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria / Why Everybody Must Japa / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by YourBestWriter: 10:38pm On Dec 10, 2023
SaintUlot:
Outlined below are the 11 reasons why you must make sure you Japa from Nigeria:

1. For a bright future for you and your family, Japa is the only option you have. Future in Nigeria is looking bleak and cloudy at the moment, Japa now when you can.

2. If you want to live a quality life, give sound education to your kids, have access to comprehensive health care and top-notch life security, Nigeria cannot offer you all these, you can only have access to all these when you Japa

3. I am yet to see anybody that Japa from Nigeria and still remain poor. Poverty is only in Nigeria, once you leave Nigeria, you have bid farewell to Poverty for life. Confirm from all the people that have Japa, all of them are living in prosperity as i type this.

4. Immediately you leave Nigeria, all life and spiritual problems are over, that's why you see that when many people japa from Nigeria, they don't go to church and mosque again, simply because they have no reason to. The Government in their new country of residence have provided everything they needed, so no need to disturb God again. Life problems and Spiritual problems are only in Nigeria, they can't be found elsewhere.

5. Prosperity in Nigeria is by luck, not by hardwork, but elsewhere apart from Nigeria, if you are hardworking, you will surely reap the fruit of your hard work.

6. To Japa from Nigeria can be likened to going to paradise, As a Nigerian, Japa to us is our own paradise on earth, wouldn't you like to go to paradise?

7. Japa is what is Trending now, wouldn't you want to be a part of the new trend? Or you prefer to die inside trenches?

8. All your mates have all Japa, if you don't Japa like your mates too, Automatically you will be labelled a failure. Look around, how many of your school mates and childhood friends are still in Nigeria? All of them have all left and they are all enjoying themselves in their new country of residence.

9. Living anywhere else apart from Nigeria is better. Yes, you heard me right, When you are ready to Japa, ignore all those people saying "do your due diligence" doing due diligence is asking for too much. Anywhere you land yourself, even with your N500,000 savings, is a better place to live than Nigeria.

10. I don't think we still have up to 5 million people left in Nigeria, everybody don japa, do you want to be the only person left in Nigeria when the remaining people Japa?

11. When you Japa from Nigeria, you have Automatically add 30 years to your lifespan, mortality rate is high in Nigeria for obvious reasons, but elsewhere apart from Nigeria, life expectancy is very high.

I love this write up. So inspiring. Op thank you.

Another reason to japa is that Nigerians are the most wicked on planet earth.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Offpointng: 10:39pm On Dec 10, 2023
jagaban002:
I have always want to know about Japa but now my wife and 2 kids stays aboard exactly Canada so I know the difference.

1) if u are migrating to any Europe country with visiting or work visa and u earn like 1m montly here you have failed yourself .
2) most people in abroad doing much better are base on salary by d government e.g immigrants and allysium .
3) my wife and 2 kids are there and I went to Canada twice last year but I always come back to my business here cus I make at least 1.5m to 2m monthly . But for the future of my kids I have to let them stay there so it's about decision making cus I make more money here with low bill's to pay .

This is just the plan
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:46pm On Dec 10, 2023
pansophist:
If you have a poverty mentality, leaving Nigeria will not make you wealthy or satisfied.

A lizard in Nigeria wont turn to a crocodile in America. Maybe it will become an obese lizard due to their junk foods, with a new accent, and maybe pink lips, but still a lizard nevertheless.

Lots of people who migrate to the west only enjoys the systematic provisions of their host country (such as good roads, security, electricity, safety etc), but in terms of personal achievement, it is zero.

Na their type dey go back house go import wife wey go finish am when she arrives. Because you may be her first choice in Naija, but for abroad, you are not even in her pickings.

Whats a poverty mindset and what are the things one does to show they have a poverty mindset.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by oyeb15: 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2023
Nigeria is hell
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by emmaodet: 10:50pm On Dec 10, 2023
Etosha:
I will travel the world when I have sufficient money. But to get tucked away in a corner somewhere in Europe, Asia or America where there's little or no opportunity to be known or achieve something remarkable ( apart from an easy life of eating good food and enjoying basic amenities) doesn't make sense to me.
Something within me cries for achievements and fame... These are easier to attain here than anywhere outside my Homeland.
Those who are making it here have not got two heads. We will slug it out together here in naija...

grin
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by femi4: 10:53pm On Dec 10, 2023
SaintUlot:

1. For a bright future for you and your family, Japa is the only option you have. Future in Nigeria is looking bleak and cloudy at the moment, Japa now when you can.

2. If you want to live a quality life, give sound education to your kids, have access to comprehensive health care and top-notch life security, Nigeria cannot offer you all these, you can only have access to all these when you Japa

3. I am yet to see anybody that Japa from Nigeria and still remain poor. Poverty is only in Nigeria, once you leave Nigeria, you have bid farewell to Poverty for life. Confirm from all the people that have Japa, all of them are living in prosperity as i type this.

4. Immediately you leave Nigeria, all life and spiritual problems are over, that's why you see that when many people japa from Nigeria, they don't go to church and mosque again, simply because they have no reason to. The Government in their new country of residence have provided everything they needed, so no need to disturb God again. Life problems and Spiritual problems are only in Nigeria, they can't be found elsewhere.

5. Prosperity in Nigeria is by luck, not by hardwork, but elsewhere apart from Nigeria, if you are hardworking, you will surely reap the fruit of your hard work.

6. To Japa from Nigeria can be likened to going to paradise, As a Nigerian, Japa to us is our own paradise on earth, wouldn't you like to go to paradise?

7. Japa is what is Trending now, wouldn't you want to be a part of the new trend? Or you prefer to die inside trenches?

8. All your mates have all Japa, if you don't Japa like your mates too, Automatically you will be labelled a failure. Look around, how many of your school mates and childhood friends are still in Nigeria? All of them have all left and they are all enjoying themselves in their new country of residence.

9. Living anywhere else apart from Nigeria is better. Yes, you heard me right, When you are ready to Japa, ignore all those people saying "do your due diligence" doing due diligence is asking for too much. Anywhere you land yourself, even with your N500,000 savings, is a better place to live than Nigeria.

10. I don't think we still have up to 5 million people left in Nigeria, everybody don japa, do you want to be the only person left in Nigeria when the remaining people Japa?

11. When you Japa from Nigeria, you have Automatically add 30 years to your lifespan, mortality rate is high in Nigeria for obvious reasons, but elsewhere apart from Nigeria, life expectancy is very high.
No 3 is a big lie
Most of them are living in a shared apartment over there. Is that what you called prosperity

8 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 10:55pm On Dec 10, 2023
Etosha:
I will travel the world when I have sufficient money. But to get tucked away in a corner somewhere in Europe, Asia or America where there's little or no opportunity to be known or achieve something remarkable ( apart from an easy life of eating good food and enjoying basic amenities) doesn't make sense to me.
Something within me cries for achievements and fame... These are easier to attain here than anywhere outside my Homeland.
Those who are making it here have not got two heads. We will slug it out together here in naija...
many of your rulers and elite were once based abroad. They used their dollars to come buy connections in Nigeria or got posts. You are more likely to die unknown in Nigeria. Tinubu, Gbaja, Adenuga, Otedola, dapa abiodun, adeleke etc were once based abroad o. Number 3 is not true sha hahahhaha

6 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Anonimoux: 10:58pm On Dec 10, 2023
As A Pro-Japa Advocate I totally Concur with the above assertions with my full chest.

Japa is a must, let the Agbadorians and the Ronus do with naija as they please, it's their time.

But one day nemesis will surely catch up with them and their offspring for all the evil they have done to the people.

Life na turn by turn.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Splashme: 10:58pm On Dec 10, 2023
So true
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Hassanmaye(m): 11:07pm On Dec 10, 2023
malali:
Try to JAPA, maximum by 25 years, Relearning the whole system, is not as easy as you think. If not you will just be. a glorified slave paying taxes and watching people with means oppress you.

Schools have levels, if your child can go to the top tier universities in Naija and do very well, He/She is still better than attending a community college here and saddled with huge loans only to end up working a minimum wage job. There are Americans working minimum wage jobs talkless of a Japa like you.

3. I am yet to see anybody that Japa from Nigeria and still remain poor. Poverty is only in Nigeria, once you leave Nigeria, you have bid farewell to Poverty for life. Confirm from all the people that have Japa, all of them are living in prosperity as i type this. Prosperity have levels, You buy a house on a loan, if you buy a $300k house now at 8% you will end up paying 1 million dollars by the time you finish paying. If you buy a $50k house in naija...you pay only $50k....So your prosperity abroad is actually paying the bank $700k in interests just to flex as a homeowner. Then when you are done paying after 30 years. You owe huge real estate taxes and home owners insurance. So much money you cant afford it in retirement. You will eventually be forced to sell the property.

There were no spiritual problems from the beginning, all problems in Naija are man made.

Not true, Prosperity is still harwork and being smart, you have to learn to solve a problem, everybody else is ignoring. Nigerians are ready to wash toilet, drive taxis and wipe nyash in USA, but will never do it in Nigeria. They are busy looking for white collared jobs and government contracts

This is not true, a lot of people suffer more abroad, dont let social media fool you. People work like slaves, they never enjoy the freedom back home.

Before they came in ship, to badagry to capture slaves, now the slavery has been given a new name called "japa"..They use social media to entice Nigerians and then force them to slavery with jobs that pay $3000/ month meanwhile a decent 2 bedroom is atleast $2500/ month, Bills, food, phone, insurance, car, petrol, and other basic amenities, which you have to pay cost another $2000 per month. So if you salary is $2500 and your basic cost of living is $4500. where is the paradise ?? Unless you sleep on a bunk bed with a total stranger and pay $500 dollars a month in rent. Dont fall under the Japa pressure....Nothing dey here !!!

Not true, If you dont have a plan, you will be worse when you get here. Make sure you come with a desired skill, Even Olosho doesnt sell here, because by the time you suffer to get your money, you will never give anyone for free.

Not true, dont be deceived, if you have traveled abroad, you know this is not true, the bills here can kill you....if you lose your job for 2 months, you will spend all your life savings and be back to square 1, this is very common in immigrants communties, some people live for 15 years and still dont have $5000 total savings.

There are Nigerians living as destitutes in America, dont be fooled.

Not true, Nigerians eat organic food, even the poor people, A lot of Americans eat processed GMO food, which is not good for your health, Alot of African americans have diabetes and high blood pressure. Lack of exercise and sedentary lifestyle in the winter 4 months every year leads to a lot of bad health

DO NOT JAPA BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE JAPA-ING.
JAPA ONLY IF YOU HAVE A PLAN.
PLANLESS JAPA CAN RESULT IN YOUR EARLY DEATH.
THE SAPA ABROAD IS MORE MENTAL THAN PHYSICAL.
HavE you ever traveled abroad [color=#990000][/color]
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by DrAkpa(m): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2023
jagaban002:
I have always want to know about Japa but now my wife and 2 kids stays aboard exactly Canada so I know the difference.

1) if u are migrating to any Europe country with visiting or work visa and u earn like 1m montly here you have failed yourself .
2) most people in abroad doing much better are base on salary by d government e.g immigrants and allysium .
3) my wife and 2 kids are there and I went to Canada twice last year but I always come back to my business here cus I make at least 1.5m to 2m monthly . But for the future of my kids I have to let them stay there so it's about decision making cus I make more money here with low bill's to pay .

Lies, a full time worker in USA, Canada and Australia makes that your monthly salary in one week. Oga, your story na uganda
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Afrobasic(m): 11:18pm On Dec 10, 2023
Etosha:

Be like say this one eye never open.

Just dey play.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by DrAkpa(m): 11:20pm On Dec 10, 2023
pansophist:
If you have a poverty mentality, leaving Nigeria will not make you wealthy or satisfied.

A lizard in Nigeria wont turn to a crocodile in America. Maybe it will become an obese lizard due to their junk foods, with a new accent, and maybe pink lips, but still a lizard nevertheless.

Lots of people who migrate to the west only enjoys the systematic provisions of their host country (such as good roads, security, electricity, safety etc), but in terms of personal achievement, it is zero.

Na their type dey go back house go import wife wey go finish am when she arrives. Because you may be her first choice in Naija, but for abroad, you are not even in her pickings.

And then she will remain single for life. You think foreigners care about Nigerian women in the western world? Honestly, you no get brain
See the ranking below :
1. White women
2. Asian women
3. Caribbean women
4. South African women
5. Dogs
6. Cats
7. West African women (Nigeria )

3 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Howmon: 11:22pm On Dec 10, 2023
This is obviously sarcasm!!!
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Princewell2012(m): 11:23pm On Dec 10, 2023
damola1:
All the reasons given by the OP is valid. But purely for economic reasons.

Financial isn’t the only tangible reason to consider staying or leaving 9ja. Cos after you solve basic financial issues. You will need to now deal with being human

I recently watched blue zones on Netflix. And found out. At the top of reasons to be in Nigeria is if you can take care of your finances.

1. Community. To deal with mental stresss.

Healthy living. And at the root of humans is our need to eat products from the ground.
Those products from the ground is very expensive to purchase now.
Mind u there is also no security in Nigeria
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Basicend: 11:23pm On Dec 10, 2023
Etosha:

Ok o. . May God be with you o. Hmm.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by osothermal(m): 11:24pm On Dec 10, 2023
SaintUlot:

Only number 5 make sense and true
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by MT: 11:25pm On Dec 10, 2023
Dailymice:
My mum who is 50+ years japa from Nigeria to the USA in 2022 as a nurse after she got a job with my dad who is in his late 50s and my siblings below 21 (as per USA immigration laws)....
About to leave soon myself...
They earn 10x more in 2 weeks than they earned in a year here

You better start making plans for the sake of your kids.
Rich APC urchins have second passports o

The bolded shows us the revenue. You never wrote about the EXPENDITURE

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by kkins25(m): 11:25pm On Dec 10, 2023
pansophist:

You need deliverance grin

And during the deliverance session, make them dey pour you hot water and pepper, followed with unlimited strokes of koboko

Haha.. Na Fire of Mountain you dey attend before 😂😂

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Benjosh123(m): 11:32pm On Dec 10, 2023
Your point 3, 4, 6 is not totally correct
SaintUlot:

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by pansophist(m): 11:36pm On Dec 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Whats a poverty mindset and what are the things one does to show they have a poverty mindset.

Poverty mindset is a mindset that is detrimental to an individual in issues sorrounding wealth and growth. It is a sickness of the mind. It is a combination of short-sightedness, ignorance, and a weak mind arrested by ideologies.

One with a poverty mindset will rather save money than save time. operating on past templates instead of to onboard with current fads. Think he can save his way into wealth instead of take risks and investing.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Warmaterial(m): 11:39pm On Dec 10, 2023
Sultty:
I have all it takes to japa but the problem is who will bankroll the process cry cry cry cry
It still means you don't have what it takes to japa.

4 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by MT: 11:45pm On Dec 10, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
I am yet to see anybody that Japa from Nigeria and still remain poor.

You are a JJC

Facebook and Instagram pictures have corrupted your minds.

Exactly.
Facebook and fake life abroad have corrupted the op mind grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Xtraterestial: 11:46pm On Dec 10, 2023
Japa this japa that.... How can 200 million japa? Do you think all countries will accommodate you all? You think developed countries will keep allowing you all in? ..instead to stand up to these.. narcissistic ppl enslaving you.when developed countries drastically reduce visa where will you japa to?

4 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Discreet90: 11:47pm On Dec 10, 2023
SaintUlot:

You guys won't understand what op is saying till you japa. For the Nigerian die hard fans that believes every one that japa is suffering... please accept my condolence on your bleak future. I never even fall sick since I got here. Everything just smooth. U feel healthy. It's when u get here that u actually start living... most ppl just dey exist for naija. Un interrupted power supply is underrated. No mosquito, no cockroach or ants. U wakeup to a beautiful environment with civilized ppl everyday. Your one week work here is more than you 2months hardworking in naija. For your info guys. Not everyone here is doing bad jobs. We have engineering, IT and medical professionals doing very well here. REMAIN IN NAIJA AT YOUR PERIL. All your life savings in naija can be cleared by one sickness or a single kidnapper. U guys won't understand sha.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by MT: 11:47pm On Dec 10, 2023
Benjosh123:
Your point 3, 4, 6 is not totally correct

Even point 1 is NOT correct.

Op has not seen how families have lost their children into the system. How families are torn apart.

OP has never seen anything

5 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Softbreastt: 11:53pm On Dec 10, 2023
[quote author=pansophist post=127418934]

I understand the pain bro.

Even me sef, I feel like that sometimes. I go see some people wey just enter few months ago, come fresh pass us wey don dey here for decades, and even be citizens.

But the formula is to mute, not unfriend, to avoid passing the wrong message to them. Mute for your own mental sanity. But what you should do is to undergo an intense self developmental journey, that will kill any envy in you.

Stoicism helps, start with that. As I de so, believe it or not, I do not have a single envy or jealousy in me. If you like, burn one million dollars for my front, if you cross my boundaries, you go collect.

Sir what books can you recommend on stoicicsm. Thank you
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by MT: 11:53pm On Dec 10, 2023
Discreet90:

You guys won't understand what op is saying till you japa. For the Nigerian die hard fans that believes every one that japa is suffering... please accept my condolence on your bleak future. I never even fall sick since I got here. Everything just smooth. U feel healthy. It's when u get here that u actually start living... most ppl just dey exist for naija. Un interrupted power supply is underrated. No mosquito, no cockroach or ants. U wakeup to a beautiful environment with civilized ppl everyday. Your one week work here is more than you 2months hardworking in naija. For your info guys. Not everyone here is doing bad jobs. We have engineering, IT and medical professionals doing very well here. REMAIN IN NAIJA AT YOUR PERIL. All your life savings in naija can be cleared by one sickness or a single kidnapper. U guys won't understand sha.

At the bolded:

1. There are mosquito, cockroaches and ants abroad. Yes, mosquitoes during summer, just not at the rate they are in tropical region.

2. You only tell us about the income, what about the expenditure? Why silent on that one?

3. Your life can end at anywhere . Knife in UK, gun in the US.

While i respect your decision to relocate, being abroad is not like being in a paradise, like you painted it. They have enormous challenges they face. If it is as golden as you think, you wont see any whites living in Africa. All their graduates are not employed, some are even under employed. Some are homeless. What you see is a bubble - a debt culture. When you stay in the system for a while, reality will hit you like a thunderbolt. Even the whites are looking for where to japa to.

Some embassy staffers and expatriates do not even want to leave Nigeria because they are living their dreams here.

The grass is not always greener at the other side.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Ade1177: 11:56pm On Dec 10, 2023
MT:

Exactly.
Facebook and fake life abroad have corrupted the op mind grin grin grin

No mind the op

Reading through I just know it's a novice that wrote the whole thing

Imagine calling UK paradise

Because of Instagram pictures

They always talk as you will make dollars and pounds abroad then convert it to naira and spend it

You hear $1000 in a month is 1.2million naira
Lol

So na that 1.2million naira you will spend in the abroad

Will you starve yourself and not touch the dollars
Rent nko taking almost half of the money already
Bills
Buy clothes
Enjoy your life small

You will be left with 1/4 of the money

Only Skilled workers doing Professional Jobs are enjoying

But majority are people that just japa for japa sake to go and pack shit

All these people packing shit abroad saying they earn more than a bank manager in Nigeria

If that's your paradise Goodluck

10 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by bluefilm: 11:56pm On Dec 10, 2023
After supporting emilokan, now you want to Japa?

God punish you.

Your Japa no go work.

You will be rejected at the visa office.

You will encounter scammers who will waste your Japa funds

You will cry and cry but no tears will come out niether will any help come your way.

5 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Yankee101: 12:01am On Dec 11, 2023
Anywhere you land yourself, even with your N500,000 savings, is a better place to live than Nigeria.[i][/i]

This is absolutely false. Not everywhere is better than Nigeria. Nigeria is still better than most African countries

I wouldn’t advise anyone to travel just for the sake of traveling. Research the country, find out the part ways to permanent residency, check levels of racism and how it affects advancement. Money is not everything, you won’t understand it until you make it.

There are a few countries I’ll recommend. US, Canada and Australia. In Europe maybe only Norway and Switzerland. Forget the rest including the United Kingdom
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by finallybusy: 12:07am On Dec 11, 2023
Anywhere wey favour you, relocate there. Some people destiny dey here. Others dey outside. Live your life, do not compete with the next man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

London-bound Nigerian Passenger Dies Aboard Egypt Air, Corpse ‘dumped In Cairo' / Woman On Attacked Kaduna-Abuja Train Returns To Same Seat (See Photo) / UK-Based Man Excited With His Nigerian Passport - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.