Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria (47846 Views)

11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria / Why Everybody Must Japa / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by ImratiiGuy: 12:34am On Dec 11, 2023
Yusufemrys:
Please how much does international passport costs now in Nigeria
Na 45k.That for regular (3 months),70k for no delay (8-10 days),100k to 130k for emergency (1-2 days).
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Nchenches: 12:37am On Dec 11, 2023
When you escape from the south, nomads from the Sahel region of West Africa take over the space you left in the south of Nigeria.
Do you think that they are failing the youths in Nigeria for nothing?
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by pansophist(m): 12:43am On Dec 11, 2023
Softbreastt:
Sir what books can you recommend on stoicicsm. Thank you

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by warrifinest1985: 12:52am On Dec 11, 2023
I SWEAR TO GOD THE PERSON WHO DID THIS WRITE UP IS REALLY A CLOWN! THE PART WHERE HE SAID THERE ARE NOT UP TO 10 MILLION PEOPLE LEFT IN NIGERI BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALL JAPA REALLY GOT ME! LOL LOL LOL

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by DrAkpa(m): 12:56am On Dec 11, 2023
Benjosh123:
Your point 3, 4, 6 is not totally correct

Your head is not totally correct that is why you are seeing incorrect things in what Op is stated
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Discreet90: 1:09am On Dec 11, 2023
MT:

At the bolded:

1. There are mosquito, cockroaches and ants abroad. Yes, mosquitoes during summer, just not at the rate they are in tropical region.

2. You only tell us about the income, what about the expenditure? Why silent on that one?

3. Your life can end at anywhere . Knife in UK, gun in the US.

While i respect your decision to relocate, being abroad is not like being in a paradise, like you painted it. They have enormous challenges they face. If it is as golden as you think, you wont see any whites living in Africa. All their graduates are not employed, some are even under employed. Some are homeless. What you see is a bubble - a debt culture. When you stay in the system for a while, reality will hit you like a thunderbolt. Even the whites are looking for where to japa to.

Some embassy staffers and expatriates do not even want to leave Nigeria because they are living their dreams here.

The grass is not always greener at the other side.

Dey play....how much do u think is thier monthly salary..... a word is enough for the wise sha.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Maj196(m): 1:10am On Dec 11, 2023
SaintUlot:
Outlined below are the 11 reasons why you must make sure you Japa from Nigeria:

1. For a bright future for you and your family, Japa is the only option you have. Future in Nigeria is looking bleak and cloudy at the moment, Japa now when you can.

2. If you want to live a quality life, give sound education to your kids, have access to comprehensive health care and top-notch life security, Nigeria cannot offer you all these, you can only have access to all these when you Japa

3. I am yet to see anybody that Japa from Nigeria and still remain poor. Poverty is only in Nigeria, once you leave Nigeria, you have bid farewell to Poverty for life. Confirm from all the people that have Japa, all of them are living in prosperity as i type this.

4. Immediately you leave Nigeria, all life and spiritual problems are over, that's why you see that when many people japa from Nigeria, they don't go to church and mosque again, simply because they have no reason to. The Government in their new country of residence have provided everything they needed, so no need to disturb God again. Life problems and Spiritual problems are only in Nigeria, they can't be found elsewhere.

5. Prosperity in Nigeria is by luck, not by hardwork, but elsewhere apart from Nigeria, if you are hardworking, you will surely reap the fruit of your hard work.

6. To Japa from Nigeria can be likened to going to paradise, As a Nigerian, Japa to us is our own paradise on earth, wouldn't you like to go to paradise?

7. Japa is what is Trending now, wouldn't you want to be a part of the new trend? Or you prefer to die inside trenches?

8. All your mates have all Japa, if you don't Japa like your mates too, Automatically you will be labelled a failure. Look around, how many of your school mates and childhood friends are still in Nigeria? All of them have all left and they are all enjoying themselves in their new country of residence.

9. Living anywhere else apart from Nigeria is better. Yes, you heard me right, When you are ready to Japa, ignore all those people saying "do your due diligence" doing due diligence is asking for too much. Anywhere you land yourself, even with your N500,000 savings, is a better place to live than Nigeria.

10. I don't think we still have up to 5 million people left in Nigeria, everybody don japa, do you want to be the only person left in Nigeria when the remaining people Japa?

11. When you Japa from Nigeria, you have Automatically add 30 years to your lifespan, mortality rate is high in Nigeria for obvious reasons, but elsewhere apart from Nigeria, life expectancy is very high.
You dey craze with this your useless writeup.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Discreet90: 1:11am On Dec 11, 2023
[quote author=Discreet90 post=127420256]

Dey play....how much do u think is the monthly salary of embasy worker..... a word is enough for the wise sha. Keep living in fantasy world of those portraying living abroad as being unaffordable. The system is well designed that no matter your income. You will comfortably pay ur rent and feed very well. If u only know the vroke ppl abroad. U will always think everyone is broke.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by grandstar(m): 1:14am On Dec 11, 2023
SaintUlot:

1. For a bright future for you and your family, Japa is the only option you have. Future in Nigeria is looking bleak and cloudy at the moment, Japa now when you can.

2. If you want to live a quality life, give sound education to your kids, have access to comprehensive health care and top-notch life security, Nigeria cannot offer you all these, you can only have access to all these when you Japa

3. I am yet to see anybody that Japa from Nigeria and still remain poor. Poverty is only in Nigeria, once you leave Nigeria, you have bid farewell to Poverty for life. Confirm from all the people that have Japa, all of them are living in prosperity as i type this.

4. Immediately you leave Nigeria, all life and spiritual problems are over, that's why you see that when many people japa from Nigeria, they don't go to church and mosque again, simply because they have no reason to. The Government in their new country of residence have provided everything they needed, so no need to disturb God again. Life problems and Spiritual problems are only in Nigeria, they can't be found elsewhere.

5. Prosperity in Nigeria is by luck, not by hardwork, but elsewhere apart from Nigeria, if you are hardworking, you will surely reap the fruit of your hard work.

6. To Japa from Nigeria can be likened to going to paradise, As a Nigerian, Japa to us is our own paradise on earth, wouldn't you like to go to paradise?

7. Japa is what is Trending now, wouldn't you want to be a part of the new trend? Or you prefer to die inside trenches?

8. All your mates have all Japa, if you don't Japa like your mates too, Automatically you will be labelled a failure. Look around, how many of your school mates and childhood friends are still in Nigeria? All of them have all left and they are all enjoying themselves in their new country of residence.

9. Living anywhere else apart from Nigeria is better. Yes, you heard me right, When you are ready to Japa, ignore all those people saying "do your due diligence" doing due diligence is asking for too much. Anywhere you land yourself, even with your N500,000 savings, is a better place to live than Nigeria.

10. I don't think we still have up to 5 million people left in Nigeria, everybody don japa, do you want to be the only person left in Nigeria when the remaining people Japa?

11. When you Japa from Nigeria, you have Automatically add 30 years to your lifespan, mortality rate is high in Nigeria for obvious reasons, but elsewhere apart from Nigeria, life expectancy is very high.

There is kasala everywhere. Look before you leap

There was this cartoon my friend told me about Russian rats who were headed for America. As they were sailing, they were singing joyously "There are no cats in America. I will just end it there

6 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Discreet90: 1:16am On Dec 11, 2023
[quote author=Discreet90 post=127420256]

Dey play....how much do u think is the monthly salary of embasy worker..... a word is enough for the wise sha. Keep living in fantasy world of those portraying living abroad as being unaffordable. The system is well designed that no matter your income. You will comfortably pay ur rent and feed very well. If u only know the vroke ppl abroad. U will always think everyone is broke. 2 years hustle of people that have japa is equivalent to your 10years hustle in naija. Get over the broke and contented mentality.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by olaniyilukman(m): 2:08am On Dec 11, 2023
Blessed102:
But it's not everyone's destiny though, some are destined to make it here and flourish here. So help me God.
through fraud and illegitimate means, they can flourish,, bro, the op is saying the bitter truth, Nigeria is the worst place on Earth right now

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by planetx: 2:16am On Dec 11, 2023
Whoever wrote this nonsense is truly delusional and should locked up in a mental asylum.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by planetx: 2:25am On Dec 11, 2023
Only if this clown knows the alarming number of Americans that die from cancer and heart disease every year, you wouldn't be posting this nonsense about long life abroad, especially number 11.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by vickydevoka(m): 3:04am On Dec 11, 2023
Taniteni:
Please dear Daddy and Mommy, forgive me for bringing this here. am doing this because av run out of options and I don't have any other choice. My name is Kelly, I give birth to my boy Ayomi 2 years ago and since then it has been a rollercoaster of one event to another. My fiance abandoned us and I move in back with my parents taking care of my son all alone without any assistance even though he was always falling very sick all the time. I notice that he always feels discomfort when his trying to breath so I looked for money to take my son to the hospital. He was diagnosed with congenital heart defect, a hole in his heart, as the cause of his breathing problems. I've cried my eyes out but if only crying can solve problem. I can't stand to see my child in pain.

I've gone almost everywhere I can possibly go but no hope except for hospital. Doctors say that he will need to undergo surgery at UCH for N4.5million and my family with the help of some very kind hearted people have been able to raise part of N3 million. We have sold off almost everything valuable to us but it's not yet enough, that why I am appealing to well meaning Nigerians, if you're touched to save my son's life, please find it in your kind heart to extend a hand of help to him. Nothing is too small in the sight of God. Please am also calling upon any NGO that can accept my sons condition please. May God almighty bless you immensely and wipe away sorrow from your eye. Amen.

Video Prove:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvV7U_dDIzA?si=C56l54jPem_vHYmk

Access Bank
Kelly Monday
Cai I give 2 million in the hospital account

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:28am On Dec 11, 2023
PDPdestroyer:
See reasons abeg grin
How did this make frontpage?
... nairaland keeps setting the bar low grin
toor besides Japa isn't peculiar to Nigeria... Pple de Japa from Canada Germany them to other climes besides it cost a lot to Japa properly except na backyard

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by hammed71(m): 3:31am On Dec 11, 2023
planetx:
Only if this clown knows the alarming number of Americans that die from cancer and heart disease every year, you wouldn't be posting this nonsense about long life abroad, especially number 11.
bro you forgot to also add gun and police violence too
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Xwizard: 3:38am On Dec 11, 2023
vickydevoka:

Cai I give 2 million in the hospital account
Big wahala for who dey scam chai

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:47am On Dec 11, 2023
SaintUlot:

On point 100 percent.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by ronyboy: 3:57am On Dec 11, 2023
We need to get the used Volkswagen dealership Hasbrouck heights NJ in this year

pansophist:
But on a good note, travel if you can.

Lots of times when I visit Nigeria, I just feel like beating people for no reason. The severe insularism that affect almost all Nigerians is a result of spending most of their life in one place.

You will see a grown up man with white hair shouting, like mr man, respect yourself na? why are you shouting? grin

But again, most Nigerians are economic migrants. The right procedure for migration is to explore a place first, see if you like it, then strategise for the main move.

But Nigerians will just sell land, sell car, quit job, break relationships, carry wife and pikin then zoom, them don japa. Then when the host country is dealing with them woto woto, there is no place to fall back on.

Nigerians, una strong I swear grin
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Fujiyama: 4:29am On Dec 11, 2023
Etosha:
I will travel the world when I have sufficient money. But to get tucked away in a corner somewhere in Europe, Asia or America where there's little or no opportunity to be known or achieve something remarkable ( apart from an easy life of eating good food and enjoying basic amenities) doesn't make sense to me.
Something within me cries for achievements and fame... These are easier to attain here than anywhere outside my Homeland.
Those who are making it here have not got two heads. We will slug it out together here in naija...

^^^
The majority of people worldwide lead what we call 'ordinary' lives.

They have jobs, raise families, save, invest, serve their communities, retire etc.

The problem is that somehow, we have devalued these solid, character building, community building activities and characteristics. We deride them as 'ordinary' or 'unremarkable'. Nothing could be further from the truth.

What we deride as 'ordinary' is solid. What we devalue as 'ordinary' is dependable. What we diminish as 'unremarkable' is reliable. We need to realize and affirm more often that 'ordinary' creates VALUE.

There are millions of people whose names the world will never get to hear. Some of them are well known - but only within their profession, trade or vocation. Others may not be so well known. But they have put in the years of hard work and built VALUE. They may not have fame (which often comes with its own costs)...and frankly, some people don't even want fame - but they have built value. And that, in and of itself is remarkable.

The end goal is to strive to be the best at what you do. That may or may not bring 'fame' but it doesn't matter. Creating value brings visible results and that is remarkable. That's what counts.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 4:52am On Dec 11, 2023
SaintUlot:

Not entirely true. Nigerians still attend churches and mosques in the abroad. Not attending religious centres could be said for second generation Nigerians, but the first and the ones who emigrated recently? They attend churches fervently. Have you not seen crusades in the UK recently? More Nigerian churches have opened newer and bigger branches. In fact, there was a report that the increase in church attendance in the UK and Canada was attributed to immigrants from Africa. Before the current wave, church attendance was very low and predominantly elderly white people.

I agree with this.

Other than these, the rest of your points are comical. grin

4 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by gabbytabby: 4:59am On Dec 11, 2023
Okoro it is well even your yam leg babe and your unsmiling child. God go do am 😂😂😂

SensualMan:
More reasons to Japaa!

1. Tinubu promised to continue from where Buhari stopped. True to his promise he has surpassed Buhari's 8 years in just 7 months.

2. Tinubu promised Agbado buffoons 4 years education 4 years employment grin

3. Tinubu has killed many fathers(bread winners) of many house hold in yoruba land. The Hardship Tinubu brought to yoruba land has made many fathers resort to jumping into the lagoon for rest.

4. Agbado is now N700 a piece.

5. Northerners on the streets are living better than any yoruba man in ekiti, Osun, Ibadan and Ondo.

6. Ronu team were sidelined after all the hype job.

It is in the best interest of every yoruba man to Japa now because Tinubu is out for the yoruba nation.

#YorubaRonu
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Kachidubem: 4:59am On Dec 11, 2023
Savedday2:
No matter how stubborn you are that you don't want to leave Nigeria, our politicians will keep giving you evidence and reasons to Japa!
Shebi Lagos to London cost #20 naira that they are so stubborn to leave Nigeria bah ?

Una Sabi talk nonsense.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by joyousever(f): 5:12am On Dec 11, 2023
Never knew someone else had the same ideology as mine.

Japa isn't my cup of tea. There's no place like home!

MuslimIgbo:
Make I japa so that all these poliTHIEFcian will continue to steal our common wealth grin
Mba nuuu!

We die here!
We continue to dey drag am. It's the survival of the fittest and NO PEACE FOR THE WICKED.

Not everyone is interested.

Me personally is not interested.

I'LL RATHER REMAIN A KING IN THIS ZOO THAN TO BE A STRAY DOG FOR THIS OYINBO WEREY PEOPLE.

I'LL NEVER SUFFER THE SAME FATE AS SOME OF MY ANCESTORS.
On top of that, the abroad society is too corrupt.
It's not a sane clime for marriage and to raise children....

EVERYTHING IS RIGGED AGAINST MEN!

3 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Kachidubem: 5:12am On Dec 11, 2023
Discreet90:

You guys won't understand what op is saying till you japa. For the Nigerian die hard fans that believes every one that japa is suffering... please accept my condolence on your bleak future. I never even fall sick since I got here. Everything just smooth. U feel healthy. It's when u get here that u actually start living... most ppl just dey exist for naija. Un interrupted power supply is underrated. No mosquito, no cockroach or ants. U wakeup to a beautiful environment with civilized ppl everyday. Your one week work here is more than you 2months hardworking in naija. For your info guys. Not everyone here is doing bad jobs. We have engineering, IT and medical professionals doing very well here. REMAIN IN NAIJA AT YOUR PERIL. All your life savings in naija can be cleared by one sickness or a single kidnapper. U guys won't understand sha.
Pray you don't fall sick abroad ... coz the medical bills ehn fit build a small bungalow for Lagos ...lmao grin

4 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by ogbonti: 5:18am On Dec 11, 2023
MuslimIgbo:
Make I japa so that all these poliTHIEFcian will continue to steal our common wealth grin
Mba nuuu!

We die here!
We continue to dey drag am. It's the survival of the fittest and NO PEACE FOR THE WICKED.

I'LL RATHER REMAIN A KING IN THIS ZOO THAN TO BE A STRAY DOG FOR THIS OYINBO WEREY PEOPLE.

God bless you, your ancestors - may wisdom will never depart from you!!!!

The grass is always greener on the other side- 3 of my naija friends - 2 married to American women and 1 to naija - all 3 told they have not had sex for an average of 1 year - in fact the last one have not had sex in 3 years - they are in a sexless marriage and their wives are very ok with that - sexless marriage happens when a couple do not have sex more than 10 times a year - ALL 3 are scared stiff of engaging in extra marital affairs because that could lead to divorce meaning they will have to part with more than 70% of their assets and even up to retirement entitlements because they have been married more than 10 years - AND YOU CANT MARRY MORE THAN 1 WIFE in western world

Just think about what you just read!!!! - for you trying to japa, you have sex like rabbit in naija - when and wherever you want it- even if you are married, your wife most likely wont leave you for that and their are no financial consequences - No Child support wahala - family absolves everyone and the child is raised somehow - no be so for abroad oooo - you can go to prison if you fail to pay child support - even if you lost your job for 3 months - when you get that job back - they will heap it back on you, it is called BACK CHILD SUPPORT

3 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by mysticwarrior(m): 5:19am On Dec 11, 2023
"I am yet to see anybody that Japa from Nigeria and still remain poor".
You are very wrong on this, them plenty o, go to Canada and see poor homeless Nigerians living in makeshift structures.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by steeltrust: 5:23am On Dec 11, 2023
MuslimIgbo:
Mba nuuu!

We die here!

de play

Where you never enter you don conclude base on Watin you see or hear for media

Your eye go clear soon but I hope it not too late

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by ogbonti: 5:24am On Dec 11, 2023
Dailymice:
My mum who is 50+ years japa from Nigeria to the USA in 2022 as a nurse after she got a job with my dad who is in his late 50s and my siblings below 21 (as per USA immigration laws)....
About to leave soon myself...
They earn 10x more in 2 weeks than they earned in a year here

You better start making plans for the sake of your kids.
Rich APC urchins have second passports o

The same AMERICA FEMI GBAJABIAMILA ran away from as a LAWYER stealing his client $25,000 to come play politics in Nigeria?

IF Gbaja - a lawyer in AMERICA could run away to naija with a client's $25k and became a felon for it, why do you think its all roses in the USA?

no worry make ona dey play when bills chop all the money u labor for and nothing to show for 30 years in America ona eyes go clear

4 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by DrAkpa(m): 5:25am On Dec 11, 2023
MuslimIgbo:
Mba nuuu!

We die here!

Mugu, has your staying in Nigeria stopped the politicians from stealing? You should have just said you can't afford the finance required to leave Nigeria instead of typing garbage and wasting space on nairaland. Ozuoo
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by planetx: 5:31am On Dec 11, 2023
Can you imagine someone saying there are no mosquitoes, cockroaches and ants abroad, in 2023 a Nigerian youth believe such fallacy and proudly came to a public forum to repeat it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ejiro Onobrakpor: "My Mother, A Foodseller In Ajegunle Now Lives In America" / Nigerian Navy Rescues Ghanaian Fishermen In The Ocean Near Dangote Port, Lekki / Nigerian Lady Sold As A Sex Slave/housemaid In Oman Cries Out For Help! Video!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.