Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria (47850 Views)

11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria / Why Everybody Must Japa / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by damzy88: 10:53am On Dec 11, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
The majority of people worldwide lead what we call 'ordinary' lives.

They have jobs, raise families, save, invest, serve their communities, retire etc.

The problem is that somehow, we have devalued these solid, character building, community building activities and characteristics. We deride them as 'ordinary' or 'unremarkable'. Nothing could be further from the truth.

What we deride as 'ordinary' is solid. What we devalue as 'ordinary' is dependable. What we diminish as 'unremarkable' is reliable. But...what we need to realize is that 'ordinary' creates VALUE.

There are millions of people whose names the world will never get to hear. Some of them are well known - but only within their profession, trade or vocation. Others may not be so well known. But they have put in the years of hard work and built VALUE. They may not have fame (which often comes with its own costs)...and frankly, some people don't even want fame - but they have built value. And that, in and of itself is remarkable.

The end goal is to strive to be the best at what you do. That may or may not bring 'fame' but it doesn't matter. Creating value brings visible results and that is remarkable. That's what counts.
Deep.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by ariesbull: 11:01am On Dec 11, 2023
LagosG:

He doesn't know that working 2-3 jobs in those countries amounts to living in poverty 🤣🤣🤣
and buying basic things like boxers with credit card is just plain poverty-stricken

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by betshopagent(m): 11:02am On Dec 11, 2023
pansophist:

A crocodile in America will now be what in Nigeria? grin
An Elephant 🐘
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by ariesbull: 11:06am On Dec 11, 2023
olaniyilukman:
through fraud and illegitimate means, they can flourish,, bro, the op is saying the bitter truth, Nigeria is the worst place on Earth right now
not everyone is doing fraud here....

If you have this mindset trust me you can't make it here

Go ahead and do wage work and toip forever
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by ariesbull: 11:08am On Dec 11, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Whats a poverty mindset and what are the things one does to show they have a poverty mindset.
poverty mindset is using 10 million to Japan to USA or UK to be a taxi or Uber driver or Amazon warehouse worker or caregiver when you can use that 10 million to build a solid business here in Nigeria

Dey play

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by hkidola00(m): 11:13am On Dec 11, 2023
uzbekistan is a nice country
pansophist:
Depends on the destination though. If the country ends with STAN, such as Afganistan, Pakistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgistan, or Uzbekistan, please stay in Nigeria.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by hkidola00(m): 11:15am On Dec 11, 2023
did you get to niamey
abba190:
i never knew that Nigeria is developed until i visit niger republic
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Chetas81(m): 11:16am On Dec 11, 2023
MODERN DAY SLAVE LOADING

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by emmaodet: 11:19am On Dec 11, 2023
MT:

I wish I could like your post a million times over. You are apt and wise.

At the bolded:

1. You are correct regarding the family event thing. I have activated that since. Now everyone dey contribute. Some grumble and I would be like - I have been doing that for years, it is your turn to contribute too afterall you are earning in hard currency now.

2. They are simply ignorant. If naira devalues, it does not pay anyone. That money in their naira account automatically devalues and they will buy items , eg building materials, at exorbitant rate too

Exactly bro.
About your number 1. I like it when they grumble.
Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.
My immediate junior brother was always throwing jabs at me when I complain about family expenses then when he was not working.
He always ask what I am using my money for.
He went to UAE for 5 years working and when we cal him to contribute, he always explode at us that " do we think money is growing on trees in Dubai?"
Number 2 - it is the myopic view of an average black.
A bad economy in Nigeria favours no one. Even when they build in Nigeria, the house rent when converted back to dollar to repartraite back will be so useless, it will be better to use the initial cash to do something else abroad.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by hkidola00(m): 11:20am On Dec 11, 2023
did you know state of israel was to be created somewhere in uganda but was opposed..u go dey alright las las
humilitypays:
Thanks to Buhari, APC and the current confused criminal claiming to be the President of Nigeria that he never won.

God and nature will definitely reward Tinubu and all his evil supporters who foisted him on Nigerians and made Nigerians so hopeless that even the MDs of big companies in Nigeria are planning to flee Nigeria cry

What is happening to Nigeria now is exactly what happened to Israel in the 17th century that Jews fled current Israel to all parts of the world but mostly Europe before they returned back in 1959 only to meet strangers from Arab countries now known as Palestinians occupying their ancestral land.

Shame on APC.

Shame on Tinubu

Shame on INEC

shame on all Yorubas that worked to foist Tinubu on us even when they knew he was a corrupt criminal without any reasonable plan to make Nigeria better.

Shame on all of you that supported this evil man to become Nigeria's President. May the evil you all supported out of tribalism catch up with you all wherever you people run to angry

Prof Osinbajo served under Bola Tinubu, he knows Tinubu is an unrepentant Kleptomaniac, have you seen Osinbajo commenting on Nigerian matter again? The man has seen that Nigerians are dafts, Osinbajo have realized his Yoruba tribesmen are mostly tribalist controlled by stolen wealth.

Check all reasonable Yoruba men, they are quiet because they know Yorubas made a big mistake fighting everybody just to ensure Tinubu becomes President at all cost.

But fools think there is hope under Tinubu a known criminal, a known treasury looter and unrepentant Kleptomaniac, time will teach you all some lesson
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by DrAkpa(m): 11:21am On Dec 11, 2023
ariesbull:
poverty mindset is using 10 million to Japan to USA or UK to be a taxi or Uber driver or Amazon warehouse worker or caregiver when you can use that 10 million to build a solid business here in Nigeria

Dey play

How many businesses have U built? All these nairaland resident demons, serious people should be weary of demons like you. Teacher teach me nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 11:21am On Dec 11, 2023
Dailymice:

They earn 10x more in 2 weeks than they earned in a year here

The most important thing is whether your salary in your new country of residence can meet your needs (and more) in your new country of residence.

Stop comparing apples with oranges. That's not a trait of an educated person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by fxexperts: 11:35am On Dec 11, 2023
Siberia01:
grin
The black race is a collosal failure...
Imagine leaving a blessed paradise like Nigeria
We have fresh water
Foods
Vegetables
Fruits
Weather
Crude oil
All types of solid minerals etc
Everything anybody can think of... Some Europeans and westerners even wish to be in our geographical location...
What did we choose?
Tribalism
Envy
Greed
Nepotism
Corruption...
Don't mention religion .. Because the one the white men brought is even far lenient than the rubbish practices of human sacrifices...
You guys all think Europe or Americas don't have their
Problems...
I just pity the smart ones here cry
The issue of Nigeria is not the leaders
But the people...it's in the genes
Build Canada and give it to Nigerians
Come back the next ten years if the place won't be messed up
You guys put your houses right...else you will keep roaming the earth..
You are spot on. but too bad there is something wrong with the black man.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Milito: 11:39am On Dec 11, 2023
steeltrust:
keep deceiving yourself

With all of this why not come back
A lot of your reply re gibberish apart from the last part

Yes make a plan before you japa
The goal is to japa
Get a second passport
Work any kinda work legally
Take the rest back home
Set up business and the retire

90% of Nigeria millionaires and billionaires are fraudulently gotten
Except those who came abroad
Work and went back home to invest

No de talk Watin you know no

Japa is the best

Invest with which money?
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by LagosG: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2023
yemmit90:

God bless you sir, this is bitter truth alot of people fail to know. Black man culture is never design to make him progress. The culture of greed and domineering can never make any society progress. A typical black man is evil, envious, self centered, and lack mental capacity to create a modern society.

Tell me why the people with functioning brains will intentionally destroyed their homes as a result of greed but takes their fortunes to another man's land to enjoy. Why will someone call himself a leader with all resources under his control but could not build a world class hospital in his country but prefer to use foreign hospitals for his medical checkup. Tell me why an experience Surgion, Doctor, lecturer and many financial experts in their fields will refuse to rescue their country but chose to be second hands values in another man's land. There is even one whose his son represents another country in a game of football, while he keep showing his fake love for his people and home land.

Forget about modern equipments or technology being sold to us, black man is cursed, and primitive in his way of thinking. He will never make progress, until he make a U-turn to love his fellow men and country.

It is crab mentality. This Tinubu they're cursing today, they will praise tomorrow. I was telling someone that white people are at the top of the human race and he said white supremacist ideas have flooded my brain. I told him if an average black man has three times Elon Musk's money, he will never look to ensure the continuity of the human race by exploring outside this planet. He said I must have been white trash in my past life
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by LagosG: 12:08pm On Dec 11, 2023
humilitypays:

What is happening to Nigeria now is exactly what happened to Israel in the 17th century that Jews fled current Israel to all parts of the world but mostly Europe before they returned back in 1959 only to meet strangers from Arab countries now known as Palestinians occupying their ancestral land.

This your warped history, where did you learn it? That institution needs to be burned to the ground
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by ogbonti: 12:32pm On Dec 11, 2023
MuslimIgbo:

Yes, and probably the men.
SECRETLY.

that i do not know but people do not prioritize sex in the USA like mostly done in Nigeria- maybe it is the bills stress or what i cant place it - people care much about their careers, financial life (retirement plan), physical health, kids, mortgage, car, pets and food in that order b4 sex

so they (most likely) will not ruin the most for the least!!!

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Milito: 12:42pm On Dec 11, 2023
Acidosis:

The most important thing is whether your salary in your new country of residence can meet your needs (and more) in your new country of residence.

Stop comparing apples with oranges. That's not a trait of an educated person.

Thank you for this. I wanted to reply the person but didn't have the energy.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by ariesbull: 12:47pm On Dec 11, 2023
DrAkpa:

How many businesses have U built? All these nairaland resident demons, serious people should be weary of demons like you. Teacher teach me nonsense.
I have two businesses

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by DrAkpa(m): 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2023
ariesbull:
I have two businesses

Ok, POS and selling popcorn businesses? It's all good, boy
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Love800(m): 12:57pm On Dec 11, 2023
So if i apply to be a lecturer, i wont get the job?
rofesobi:
I was unemployed for 5 years after I resigned from my job as in an Insurance company as IT Support staff in Nigeria. I searched for jobs but none, I end up being Okada cyclists and cement seller to care for myself, wife and children. For good 5 years, it was a toughest journey and worst experience of my life. I cried and prayed, but glory be to God I was out of the country in 2016, my wife and children joined me year after. 5 years in abroad is not easy but better than Nigeria 100 times, year 6 in abroad, I got offer in government agency to occupy a big role in IT. It is just sadden that Nigeria has dashed hopes of many and stepping foot out of that country is just a breakthrough for me. Same government jobs I applied many times in my country and I was deprived and rejected because I have no God father in ministry, government or money to bribe for the job. Bigger IT offer I got base on merit and working system in a foreign country. Nigeria is a failure country and like one guy recently said that what those leaders in politics need is just mass burial.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by Entusky(m): 1:07pm On Dec 11, 2023
Abeg where 20 million fit carry pesin go?
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by ariesbull: 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2023
DrAkpa:

Ok, POS and selling popcorn businesses? It's all good, boy
though they are still business

But that's not what I have ....I have two solid consultancy firms ...maybe you can throw in your CV

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by aycorporat(m): 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2023
Dailymice:
grin grin

God bless you bro
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by vickydevoka(m): 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2023
Xwizard:

Big wahala for who dey scam chai
Lol
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by olaniyilukman(m): 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2023
ariesbull:
not everyone is doing fraud here....

If you have this mindset trust me you can't make it here

Go ahead and do wage work and toip forever
My dear, I am already ok and I am happy with what God has done but I am saying this 100% reality on ground
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by caye(m): 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2023
ebenholer2:
Untill Nigerians know that their problem is never government but poor orientation then this nation will then experience true prosperity.
Government is only having 20% stake in the present problem facing the nation while individuals are holding 80% larger share. This is reality

So untrue.
I believ it may be 50-50 citizen-rulers respectively.

It's not the citizens that sold us to the iron chains of the IMF and world slavery bank.
It's not citizens that destroyed the oil industry and made Ajaokuta commatose. It has always been the ruling class.

But for the citizens: envy, pull-him-down, hatred and lack of forgiveness, has destroyed the black community of Africans.

But we can repent, and seek godly and courageous ways. God will help us, Amin.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by steeltrust: 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2023
ariesbull:
Japa is the worst

I have seen lots of Nigeria abroad in a messy situation
those re the ones who didn’t plan their travel and even at that, as time goes on they found their fit and made us of it

If not that Africans don’t unite you won’t see us suffer like that

Have you ever seen the Indians, Mexicans, Asians etc suffer like we black do. The answer is no cause they unite and even at that when you blend and find your way you know it worth it
Like the op said. Their is job security
No matter what you study their a market already waiting for you. Ask your self those when don japa even with the suffer for here them still no wan go house
It not because of shame but the suffer get level
They prefer to suffer here get some few dollars and send the money back home. Don’t be deceived life here is 1000% better than back home. Come and experience it your self no let social media deceive you. I had this mindset when I was in Nigeria but I notice Nigeria no go ever better I started making plans to live and God so kind I’m in the US. Bro I’m telling you from my heart. Japa is worth
I’m a CDL truck A driver and still learning
I make 200$ a day

Even with all the tax and bills I still get to keep at least 300-400$ which is free money weekly
We stay in a 1room and 1palor apartment, in Chicago. My rent monthly is 850$ monthly
Although my wife works and make contributes little to Lessing the Borden on me and as time goes on me and my wife will save enough to buy a better house. Plan your life and everything will be fine
Here you can be a better king than being a suffer head king back home
I’m not into tech oh or a white collar job but see how much I earn as CDL apprentice truck driving. Once I’m fully on my own and work with a company with my own truck, ny be say na blood money I wan do legally.
Ask your self in Nigeria can you earn such
Even house girl work for here
If you plan your self well
You can still save and still send money to save or invest back home
How much is minimum wage back home and here. You don’t cut corners here like you do in Nigeria. Abegie I no fit talk plenty

Think twice my guy

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by millionboi2: 3:04pm On Dec 11, 2023
Discreet90:

You guys won't understand what op is saying till you japa. For the Nigerian die hard fans that believes every one that japa is suffering... please accept my condolence on your bleak future. I never even fall sick since I got here. Everything just smooth. U feel healthy. It's when u get here that u actually start living... most ppl just dey exist for naija. Un interrupted power supply is underrated. No mosquito, no cockroach or ants. U wakeup to a beautiful environment with civilized ppl everyday. Your one week work here is more than you 2months hardworking in naija. For your info guys. Not everyone here is doing bad jobs. We have engineering, IT and medical professionals doing very well here. REMAIN IN NAIJA AT YOUR PERIL. All your life savings in naija can be cleared by one sickness or a single kidnapper. U guys won't understand sha.
civilized ppl weh fit use gun blow off your head.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria by steeltrust: 3:13pm On Dec 11, 2023
Milito:

Invest with which money?

oga no de deceive your self
I’ve been here for few weeks
I know how much I don send back home
Don’t play

Travel and see no de follow all this ones when never comot for room deceive you

Japa is worth it 1000%

Example of those who came abroad
Work legally and took it to Nigeria to invest is mike adenuga
Go and read his biography on wiki

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ejiro Onobrakpor: "My Mother, A Foodseller In Ajegunle Now Lives In America" / Nigerian Navy Rescues Ghanaian Fishermen In The Ocean Near Dangote Port, Lekki / Nigerian Lady Sold As A Sex Slave/housemaid In Oman Cries Out For Help! Video!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.