Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? (33528 Views)

About To JAPA - What Happens To Your Pension? / Anambra Airport Is Ready, Waiting For NCAA Approval For Commercial Flights / Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Waiting For Traffic Light To Turn Green In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Mcslize: 4:20pm On Dec 12, 2023
isArray:
This is why I laugh at Nigerians that say they don't want to japa they just want to make money in Nigeria and travel the world grin, even the elites have residency somewhere else should in case things turn upside down in Nigeria

Travel the world with Nigeria passport that has no value. Even with the money, they will still treat them like criminals at major airports of the world due to their green passport.

Who really wants to travel the world needs a better passport to do that. That's why I laugh at some of these anti-japa folks that won't let us that want to travel breathe with their usual lame point of make money in Nigeria. Nigeria is a good country.

Good country my foot!

As for me, I am after my future dual citizenship for me and my 2 to 3 unborn kids.

10 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by MT: 4:20pm On Dec 12, 2023
Beuberry:

Ok, suffering & balling man.
I refuse to subscribe to ya opinion if you can't give me the salary or wages of these two categories
1. How much will a street sweeper in Canada be earning? Name two things about the state of life in Canada that may hinder that street sweeper from progressing?

2. How much is a street sweeper in Nigeria earn? What are the things the person can enjoy in Nigerian economy with the bogus or paltry earning from sweeping?

Let's start with these two questions first.

I don't have discourse with unintelligible.

I guess the best achievement in your life was flying a plane with almost 3 lay overs.

There are levels abroad. How are you balling where you claim you are?

Hustling from one menial jobs to the other. I can't and won't dignify you with a response anymore.

Owning passports do not make anyone rich. It s just a travelling paper. The values you posses is the game changer, which obviously you do not have.

Owning Foreign Passport(s) is a MEANS to an END and not the END itself. It does NOT translate to being rich

I wish you tough luck in your miserable life.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Fearyourcreator: 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2023
Validated:
If you have a good certification, still in your thirties or below 40, or even early forties, you are able to save up to N10m and have a child or two children and not a political actor or a clergy of a big church, may I ask, "What are you still waiting for"?

You see, 7 months ago, your N10m was about $22K. Now, it is only about $8590. However bad, it could still take you to UK, atleast. Then you can begin sorting your life. Even if you have a business, it will be eroded soon.
What the likes of GSK, P&G, Unilever, Suntory, etc are saw or are seeing and moving should give you signal that this train is headed to a total anarchy.

Even if you do not love yourself, for the sake of your family, move. There is no hope in the foreseeable horizon. I am not a doomsday prophet, but if you understand the times, you know that things are going to get worse.

10 years ago, I called a friend and advised him to come over to Canada. He said he is not going to another man's country to "slave". He would rather come and visit and enjoy holidays. Funny enough his subordinate took the initiative. His (surbordinate) wife got a scholarship and in two years he relocated and he and his family now lives big in Ontario.

Fastforward to 2023, my friend is now in his early-50s, he has lost his job, his tottering business is now almost moribund. No thanks to Tinubu's economic janglova. Now, he is asking me to help him and his family relocate. 4 adults (Him, his wife and 2 children). How?

My reply may be brutal abd unfair, "Bro, you are 10 years late". He is now franticky looking towards the UK, looking for buyers of his inheritance, but the Tories are locking the gate on Dec 31, 2023. Not sure if he can still make it across.

My advice, if you can leave this sinking ship, please do ASAP. Today, it is armed robbery and kidnapping. In few years, a reminisce of the 1000000 boys will resurface.

Someone is going to come here to preach that it is not rosy out there. Yes, at first it will be rough. With time you will get along, learn the system, culture, then boom, you will just know you made a bold move. Nigeria is not getting better soon. Atleast, not with the huge debts and dwindling revenues that is over 50% channelled to debt servicing. Not with over 45% budget deficits to be financed on loans. Not with low purchasing power of the populace. Not with this "owambe" government. Not when our oil production is already swapped for loans for next 5 years and steeply declining productivity.

No, not with a Tinubu that does not understand productivity.
With all your mouth you still no fit help your friend... Oga you never dey okay ni... All this na story ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Fearyourcreator: 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2023
ednut1:
There are 200m Nigerians with about half being youth. It is not realistic for everyone to japa. I have colleagues who also said they cant japa but of recent they are changing mouth. One in Chevron reached out to me, he wants to learn french for Canada express entry. The last time i came to Nigeria and visited him he was still anti japa. E go better
You dey lie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by ednut1(m): 4:23pm On Dec 12, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

You dey lie
which part do you think is a lie The chevron part You wan see the chat Lol
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by steeltrust: 4:26pm On Dec 12, 2023
MT:

Why do americans turn against Biden ?.

Inflation and worst economy.

Few weeks are not enough to know how the trajectory of your life will be in a new land.

The grass is not always greener at the other side.

that a system that works, if you're voted for and the reason you're voted for isn't what they are seeing after criticising you, they'll vote you out of power and bring in a better person. That's why it's called democracy over here. So tell me, with the nonsense the APC has done since 2015 to date, can the Nigerian voters unseat them? make you get sense guy. You no be small pikin. better think of the future and if you think this present Nigeria will give you then i sorry for you. Don't be deceived the grass is always greener here if you're ready to scale up your life. except na fraud you wan do when you come here, then i sorry for you. for my future, I have already seen it because it can only get better while I am here and as for you in Nigeria, then it blink

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Fearyourcreator: 4:29pm On Dec 12, 2023
ednut1:
Una too dey lie...

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Sofistcatdmoron: 4:29pm On Dec 12, 2023
phadul:
Nigeria is a blessed country and still cheaper than 99.9 % countries around the world. There is no such thing as paradise out there. But seeing is believing. Be careful most that japa leave frying pan to fire
that is ur claim,u shall receive, not for others
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by DEBJOCH1(m): 4:29pm On Dec 12, 2023
online4business:

Find someone who speak the language that's how to learn a language.

Duringo or an apps like that can help but nothing beat face to face teaching.

Uganda passport no be here ooo them dey only give to people who have money.

You can't buy it Uganda no be Nigeria you can try ooo but it's hard.

Here's the short story

I received hard currency in my Uganda account so they called me.

Uganda dey fear terrorist and any odd transfer from $1k dey attract people from government especially if na black man.

I knew about it because me self get target.

So we do meeting asking what I want to do with the money and source of the money.

I carry lapi open am for their front show them my freelancing account, blog and Payoneer account.

Give them numbers and email of clients wey dey pay steady.

Use th excuses send my client say I go delay work oo because Uganda people fit call me or them... Good Albi

Next month I send another one again na so the money dey there them dey call me to come invest.

Wetin I do... Make demand give condition.

The thing be say I nova reach 6 months here but my daughter has been hear for 13 years and she speak their language.

Once I reach six months it's a walk in the park.

. I INTEND COMING TO VISIT VALUE FARM IN UGANDA, I AM MENT TO UNDERSTAND UGANDANS ET LOTS OF PORK MEAT, BOSS I DON MIND HAVING YOUR CONTACT.
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by JagabanB: 4:29pm On Dec 12, 2023
bonnyhope:

Put any number there and take 80% of it, is it clear?
Clearly shows ur statistics is faIse and another statistics from the trenches.
90% of Nigerian youths want to live large in this country, give them money and means and they will make it big.

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by MT: 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2023
steeltrust:
that a system that works, if you're voted for and the reason you're voted for isn't what they are seeing after criticising you, they'll vote you out of power and bring in a better person. That's why it's called democracy over here. So tell me, with the nonsense the APC has done since 2015 to date, can the Nigerian voters unseat them? make you get sense guy. You no be small pikin. better think of the future and if you think this present Nigeria will give you then i sorry for you

As bad as it is for Africa, have you had a president who instigated citizens to undermine and attack democracy ?

US created democracy and Trump, a former President brazenly and openly attacked the Capitol Hill.

Is that how democracy works?

And he still has the audacity to desire to contest again despite multitude of criminal and civil charges?

Is that a sign of a system that works?

An average African will criticise his own country and turn a blind eye to the evils and shortcoming in the western world. Perfect definition of someone suffering from Inferiority complex. The westerners can never go wrong before such individuals.

These westerners who you are beholden to, do not give a shit about you.

Spits and shames!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by DEBJOCH1(m): 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2023
creativehubb:
The more you discredit Nigeria, the more you are discredited abroad.

Now Canada, UK increasing BTA, restricting Nigerians because of the way you people act like abroad is heaven...this is bad and it's only Nigerians that does this. Stay in your abroad, carry your families there. This is our country, everyone can not leave it and migrate, some prefer staying here. Stop acting like there is a serious crises in Nigeria, abroad is same as here, no free money.
AN AGBODORIAN SPOTED.

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by steeltrust: 4:32pm On Dec 12, 2023
ednut1:
Bro, one thing with all these people is that they think that once you have money or a job that pays 1m to 1.5million, that's life. Nothing else matters. They don't understand what it means to be in a proper working environment. Bro, don't waste your time trying to convince anybody. for those who have ears to hear let them hear and those with eyes to see let them see

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by ImoleNaija: 4:32pm On Dec 12, 2023
creativehubb:
The more you discredit Nigeria, the more you are discredited abroad.

Now Canada, UK increasing BTA, restricting Nigerians because of the way you people act like abroad is heaven...this is bad and it's only Nigerians that does this. Stay in your abroad, carry your families there. This is our country, everyone can not leave it and migrate, some prefer staying here. Stop acting like there is a serious crises in Nigeria, abroad is same as here, no free money.

Thank you for this o.
The post is just hateful.

Funnily, even with their PR & multiple citizenships, they would still tag them 'Nigerians' whenever they are found guilty of any crime/offence.

7 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by isArray: 4:34pm On Dec 12, 2023
creativehubb:

Stop this nonsense, enjoy your abroad in peace...the wealthiest Nigerians are here. You went there for greener pastures, stop shaming others. Poor people exist everywhere...some just like abroad because it looks finer, going abroad won't make you one of the top richest Nigerians if you don't have what it takes...so many abroad are managing, they can't even help their own family, always online abusing their country. You are the image of Nigeria abroad. Get sense.
What image? Is it the federal government that's settling bills here? grin Or you think we will be here discussing japa if the state of the nation was okay? People are trying to survive in -1, -2 degrees here grin, I curse the government anytime I have to step in the cold weather, they should give us stable economy and better living conditions, many will return back, but since 1960 we are still telling the same story. Living in a sane environment is important for one's mindset, and Nigeria today can't offer that.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Zeel007: 4:34pm On Dec 12, 2023
ednut1:
There are 200m Nigerians with about half being youth. It is not realistic for everyone to japa. I have colleagues who also said they cant japa but of recent they are changing mouth. One in Chevron reached out to me, he wants to learn french for Canada express entry. The last time i came to Nigeria and visited him he was still anti japa. E go better

I know say you be tunde ednut. Bro help me make I japa too o...am very serious bro, God fit use you for me. Am a graduate though

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by emmaodet: 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2023
MT:

I guess the best achievement in your life was flying a plane with almost 3 lay overs.

Hustling from one menial jobs to the other. I can't and won't dignify you with a response anymore.

Owning passports do not make anyone rich. It s just a travelling paper. The values you posses is the game changer, which obviously you do not have.

Owning Foreign Passport(s) is a MEANS to an END and not the END itself. It does NOT translate to being rich

So true

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by 1TrippleCee: 4:39pm On Dec 12, 2023
KillingJoke:
Women that haven't japa yet don't know what they're missing

European men are much better than Nigerian redpillers cheesy

Werey grin
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by 1TrippleCee: 4:39pm On Dec 12, 2023
wasuka14:
The same hardwork you people are running for to your various Japa destinations is what you will still meet there if you want to survive.
Instead, stay back, work hard and leave good life. Parking toilet wastes, or drainage or garbage around parks and taxi, security guards or lorry driver are the only sure work in many japa destinations

We keep telling them but they are blind to logic
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by emmaodet: 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
MT:

You are just plain silly.

That citizenship you are chasing, I have 3 in countries you will want to kill yourself for, and I will not sound condescending to the people in Nigeria.

The question you asked shows you dont have a sound IQ.

Each country pays according to how expensive the country is.

In your uneducated mind, you are converting the cost of sweepers in Canada to that of Nigeria using exchange rate. That is what people of unsound mind do.

While you are informing me of the income in Canada, tell me the expenditure in Canada. Is it Naira you will spend in Canada ?.

People like you either remain perpetually in poverty over there or get deported because you cant process thing efficiently.

You are living below the poverty line in the country that you are, and you are not adding any empirical values to the country. Get it right.

grin grin
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by isArray: 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
Mcslize:

Travel the world with Nigeria passport that has no value. Even with the money, they will still treat them like criminals at major airports of the world due to their green passport.

Who really wants to travel the world needs a better passport to do that. That's why I laugh at some of these anti-japa folks that won't let us that want to travel breathe with their usual lame point of make money in Nigeria. Nigeria is a good country.

Good country my foot!

As for me, I am after my future dual citizenship for me and my 2 to 3 unborn kids.
Yeah, my USA visa was rejected when I was in Nigeria, I got it in a week when I relocated, I got my UK visa in a week too, I am also doing this for family, I don't want to raise kids in a dysfunctional environment.

In terms of weather, food and nightlife Nigeria is a good country grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Beuberry(f): 4:44pm On Dec 12, 2023
MT:

Thank you as you enjoy ya pains and misery from my deep words. Suffer head boy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by DEBJOCH1(m): 4:46pm On Dec 12, 2023
casualobserver:

If you have 10m, are you not better off finding a business in Nigeria?
INVESTING THAT N10M INTO TODAY'S NIGERIA, IS INVESTING INTO DOOMS DAY DESASTER. IMAGINE A WHOLE POULTRY FARM WORTH OVER N40M CLOSING DOWN BECAUSE THEY CAN NO LONGER CATHER FOR THE BIRDS FEED, GO TO FARM SETTLEMENT AREA AND SEE HOW POTENTIAL BUSINESSES ARE ON A DAILY BASE CLOSING DOWN.

EVEN THOSE STILL IN BUSINESS ARE FINDING IT, REAL HARD TO SURVIVE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Beuberry(f): 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2023
MT:

That citizenship you are chasing, I have 3 in countries you will want to kill yourself for, and I will not sound condescending to the people in Nigeria.

In your uneducated mind, you are converting the cost of sweepers in Canada to that of Nigeria using exchange rate. That is what people of unsound mind do.

While you are informing me of the income in Canada, tell me the expenditure in Canada. Is it Naira you will spend in Canada ?.

People like you either remain perpetually in poverty over there or get deported because you cant process thing efficiently.

You are living below the poverty line in the country that you are, and you are not adding any empirical values to the country. Get it right.
Mr Poverty, I asked you a simple question and you are replying me with questions I already asked you.
If you claim to v passport in 3 different countries, do you know how many that I v?
Oya come back home, good poverty enjoying servant. Come worowo and expire in ya suffering penury!
I know ya type, you are in Nigeria suffering. You never enter plane before, no lie!😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by achimendy(m): 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
Validated:
One thing I advise though. If you have a house in Lagos, Abuja or PH, do not sell it. Atleast when you come back, you have a place to lay your head. That is if push goes to shove out there.

God knows by next year I'll find my way.

Just gathering the money first.

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Mcslize: 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
dododawa1:
We believed in

NIGERIA

It will great soon.

Insha Allah.

Nex12:
Idiot.

I'm sure you have not eaten today.

Lol 🤣. People dey para o.
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by emmaodet: 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2023
MT:

Why are you calling everyone "suffer head" once they do not agree with your position.

Our definition of "success" in life is different.

Someone that could not get visitor's visa on a norm and is now in UK or Canada doing menial job will rightly feel it is a step up.

Some are balling in Nigeria , and you expect them to be chasing goose up and down, attempting to japa-ing.

I only feel sorry for individuals that will be fooled by all these posts. Each individual case is unique and different.

Whatever works for you, just do it, and do not shove your opinion down people's throats

Bros, am even tired of arguing about japa no japa again because they will just see you as hater.
Many people are doing fine here in Nigeria and won't think about japaing yet the noise about japa on nairaland is way above the roof.
Some of them say that you can't get a visitor's visa to Europe or Canada with nija passport and when I enter the plane while coming back home last month, 90% of the people are using Nigerian passport because most of us queued and cleared through the Nigerians Only route while like 10% in the foreign passport route.
So who are these Nigerians getting visas everyday?
Who are these Nigerians filling up Ethiopia airlines like 8 a day to Nigeria with other airlines?
Most of these flights are virtually filled up either while traveling out or coming back.
People are traveling out en mass everyday and coming in and most use the Nigerians only immigration route.
So who are these Nigerians getting visas? Every God damn days.
Where are they all getting visas for different countries when the japa crew nairaland version claim Nigeria passport is useless and can't go anywhere?
By now, I expect planes to just be 15 or 20% partially filled since Nigerian passport holders have been shadow-banned as they usually say it

6 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by DEBJOCH1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2023
MT:

DONT MIND THE GUY, HE IS A SLOWPOKE, I WAS TELLING SOME ONE I RATHER BE A JANITOR IN US, CANADA OR UK THAN EARN N100K IN NIGERIA, THE GUY CALLED ME A FOOL FOR CHOOSING A LOW LIFE, I TOLD MY MY EARNING PER HOUR OVER THERE AND YOU WHO EARN N100K HERE IN A MONTH WILL NEVER BE THE SAME, IN THREE DAYS OF HARD WORK OVER THERE I WOULD HAVE MADE MORETHAN YOUR ONE MONTH SALARY, WITH GOOD LIFE, SECURITY AND REST OF MIND. THEN HE KEPT QUITE.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by casualobserver: 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2023
DEBJOCH1:
INVESTING THAT N10M INTO TODAY'S NIGERIA, IS INVESTING INTO DOOMS DAY DESASTER. IMAGINE A WHOLE POULTRY FARM WORTH OVER N40M CLOSING DOWN BECAUSE THEY CAN NO LONGER CATHER FOR THE BIRDS FEED, GO TO FARM SETTLEMENT AREA AND SEE HOW POTENTIAL BUSINESSES ARE ON A DAILY BASE CLOSING DOWN.

EVEN THOSE STILL IN BUSINESS ARE FINDING IT, REAL HARD TO SURVIVE.

My parents always told me. “ a lazy workman complains about his tools”

People are making money in Nigeria. People are selling things in the markets and streets and maki g money with the small capital they have. You have 10m in capital and want to upend your life to a life of uncertainty and mediocrity abroad?

The struggles you will encounter abroad as a non citizen starting out abroad are more than the struggles you will encounter if you are careful and find a business in Nigeria. The upside abroad is limited, the upside in Nigeria is unlimited.

It all boils down to your mindset.

7 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Mcslize: 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2023
JagabanB:

Everybody is not interested in ur japa f00Iishness, this is what u all should understand.

Pepper body. Body must pepper una.

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by NwekereNdokl: 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2023
Japan
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Treadway: 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2023
ednut1:
lol. Ok let me add more credence to this your post. Remember how I mentioned here my wife was singing UK into my ear and I handled that situation? Well, when Emilokan entered let's just say I became more amenable. So I have told her to run the show. She will write TEF in January, while as a testament to my own involvement and support for the cause, I don write IELTS in June and got the CLB10. I reckon if/when it all pans out, I go come siddon face the reality of what next when that time comes. I just leave am make she dey run the whole tin, while I supply the needs. Still don't see myself living outside Nigeria, but that second citizenship has become a goal. Lol

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Passengers Killed In Kaduna Cars Fire Accident (Graphic Photos) / The Adekunle Fajuyi Memorial Park In Ado Ekiti / Church Member Crashes Pastor’s Car While Teaching His Girlfriend Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.