Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? (33310 Views)

About To JAPA - What Happens To Your Pension? / Anambra Airport Is Ready, Waiting For NCAA Approval For Commercial Flights / Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Waiting For Traffic Light To Turn Green In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by BennyDGreat: 3:38pm On Dec 12, 2023
online4business:

Find someone who speak the language that's how to learn a language.

Duringo or an apps like that can help but nothing beat face to face teaching.

Uganda passport no be here ooo them dey only give to people who have money.

You can't buy it Uganda no be Nigeria you can try ooo but it's hard.

Here's the short story

I received hard currency in my Uganda account so they called me.

Uganda dey fear terrorist and any odd transfer from $1k dey attract people from government especially if na black man.

I knew about it because me self get target.

So we do meeting asking what I want to do with the money and source of the money.

I carry lapi open am for their front show them my freelancing account, blog and Payoneer account.

Give them numbers and email of clients wey dey pay steady.

Use th excuses send my client say I go delay work oo because Uganda people fit call me or them... Good Albi

Next month I send another one again na so the money dey there them dey call me to come invest.

Wetin I do... Make demand give condition.

The thing be say I nova reach 6 months here but my daughter has been hear for 13 years and she speak their language.

Once I reach six months it's a walk in the park.

Wow. Can I you send a mail?
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Tonnyray: 3:39pm On Dec 12, 2023
Japa if you want to, no one is stopping you but stop making it look like those of us who have never considered it are f00ls or suffer heads.
Japa has never been an option for me.
For all that have japaad to US, UK, Canada, Germany etc I'm happy for you.
I'll live, make it and die in naija; try and be happy for me too.
Life is that simple.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by phadul: 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nigeria is a blessed country and still cheaper than 99.9 % countries around the world. There is no such thing as paradise out there. But seeing is believing. Be careful most that japa leave frying pan to fire

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Sofistcatdmoron: 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2023
online4business:

Find someone who speak the language that's how to learn a language.

Duringo or an apps like that can help but nothing beat face to face teaching.

Uganda passport no be here ooo them dey only give to people who have money.

You can't buy it Uganda no be Nigeria you can try ooo but it's hard.

Here's the short story

I received hard currency in my Uganda account so they called me.

Uganda dey fear terrorist and any odd transfer from $1k dey attract people from government especially if na black man.

I knew about it because me self get target.

So we do meeting asking what I want to do with the money and source of the money.

I carry lapi open am for their front show them my freelancing account, blog and Payoneer account.

Give them numbers and email of clients wey dey pay steady.

Use th excuses send my client say I go delay work oo because Uganda people fit call me or them... Good Albi

Next month I send another one again na so the money dey there them dey call me to come invest.

Wetin I do... Make demand give condition.

The thing be say I nova reach 6 months here but my daughter has been hear for 13 years and she speak their language.

Once I reach six months it's a walk in the park.

wjich work u do online help us abeg

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by saintruky(m): 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2023
Something like?

online4business:
Why is everyone going to the US and UK it still boggle my mind.

Unhealthy foods plus big pharma push for drug for everyone should make anyone with means to stop going to the US or UK.

Why not country like Sweden or dermark...

Free country where sucralose potassium acesulfame and aspartame is banned.

If you're in the us do a small survey.

Call any of your friends and ask them of cancer rate... It's true the roof.

If friend Austin in Texas was complaining to me now that to shake people sef na wahala chemo treatment everywhere.

If you want to go abroad please find a country that big pharma is not indirectly controlling.

Here's how to know.

Check their election spending if big pharma is bankrolling the politicians like in US UK and new Zealand you're in for a shoker.

I dey Uganda dey live like the next messiah fresh food, clean unpolluted air and lots of sight seeing.

Citizenship sure for me next year... I wan use two stone kill one bed.

Get Uganda passport and Gambia passport.

Gambia has a program for investors willing to start business there.

Carpe Verde also has a money for citizenship deal but nothing dey there apart from their strong passport.

Ordinary to pass from Uganda to Rwanda (just like from Nigeria to Togo) dem go single you out once you flash your green passport.

If to say I no sabi the language of the military (Swahili) na so them go dey use me shine.

If you're coming to an African country make sure say you get something doing.

Here no be where them dey come hustle ooo.

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Itiskdg121(m): 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2023
Some people will not understand.
This government policies are not favourable.

My own painful part is the workers' pension fund. Some of us have saved enough for pension only for the buying power to depreciate.
N 10,000,000 in 2021 could complete a 2 bedroom flat, but can we say the same today?

Most people would say, they do menial jobs in UK, US, Canada and so on. Will you remain on that spot for years?

Someone like me have left the country since, although the 1st year was rough, but its abundance right now.

The country is failing, but decision is personal anyway

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by BigDawsNet: 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
Validated:
If you have a good certification, still in your thirties or below 40, or even early forties, you are able to save up to N10m and have a child or two children and not a political actor or a clergy of a big church, may I ask, "What are you still waiting for"?

You see, 7 months ago, your N10m was about $22K. Now, it is only about $8590. However bad, it could still take you to UK, atleast. Then you can begin sorting your life. Even if you have a business, it will be eroded soon.
What the likes of GSK, P&G, Unilever, Suntory, etc are saw or are seeing and moving should give you signal that this train is headed to a total anarchy.

Even if you do not love yourself, for the sake of your family, move. There is no hope in the foreseeable horizon. I am not a doomsday prophet, but if you understand the times, you know that things are going to get worse.

10 years ago, I called a friend and advised him to come over to Canada. He said he is not going to another man's country to "slave". He would rather come and visit and enjoy holidays. Funny enough his subordinate took the initiative. His (surbordinate) wife got a scholarship and in two years he relocated and he and his family now lives big in Ontario.

Fastforward to 2023, my friend is now in his early-50s, he has lost his job, his tottering business is now almost moribund. No thanks to Tinubu's economic janglova. Now, he is asking me to help him and his family relocate. 4 adults (Him, his wife and 2 children). How?

My reply may be brutal abd unfair, "Bro, you are 10 years late". He is now franticky looking towards the UK, looking for buyers of his inheritance, but the Tories are locking the gate on Dec 31, 2023. Not sure if he can still make it across.

My advice, if you can leave this sinking ship, please do ASAP. Today, it is armed robbery and kidnapping. In few years, a reminisce of the 1000000 boys will resurface.

Someone is going to come here to preach that it is not rosy out there. Yes, at first it will be rough. With time you will get along, learn the system, culture, then boom, you will just know you made a bold move. Nigeria is not getting better soon. Atleast, not with the huge debts and dwindling revenues that is over 50% channelled to debt servicing. Not with over 45% budget deficits to be financed on loans. Not with low purchasing power of the populace. Not with this "owambe" government. Not when our oil production is already swapped for loans for next 5 years and steeply declining productivity.

No, not with a Tinubu that does not understand productivity.

Thanks for rhe advice...

I'm not sure people will hav second thoughts abt japa dis period... it's pretty obvious...

It's not nice in Nigeria
Doesn't even look like it's gonna get better anytime..

People should focus on getting enough cash and move asap

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by lakefist(m): 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
Validated:
One thing I advise though. If you have a house in Lagos, Abuja or PH, do not sell it. Atleast when you come back, you have a place to lay your head. That is if push goes to shove out there.

Here will always be a place to lay your head and there will always be another better property to bid and acquire.

Properly especially house for rent is not an worth an investment to leave behind.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by bonnyhope: 3:49pm On Dec 12, 2023
JagabanB:

What is the total number of Nigerian youths before u got the 80%?
Put any number there and take 80% of it, is it clear?
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Beuberry(f): 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
so everyone in Nigeria is suffering?

The fact u are suffering doesn’t mean others are suffering too
Alright chief suffer head

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Beuberry(f): 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2023
kokoA:
I'm not you biko. Not everyone in Naija is broke, if you see japa as the only means to make it then feel free, some of us are still making an honest living and having a comfortable life here in Nigeria.
Ok captain of suffering people

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Beuberry(f): 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2023
creativehubb:

How much is your net worth?
Ya ancestors can't afford it!
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by casualobserver: 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2023
Validated:
If you have a good certification, still in your thirties or below 40, or even early forties, you are able to save up to N10m and have a child or two children and not a political actor or a clergy of a big church, may I ask, "What are you still waiting for"?

You see, 7 months ago, your N10m was about $22K. Now, it is only about $8590. However bad, it could still take you to UK, atleast. Then you can begin sorting your life. Even if you have a business, it will be eroded soon.
What the likes of GSK, P&G, Unilever, Suntory, etc are saw or are seeing and moving should give you signal that this train is headed to a total anarchy.

Even if you do not love yourself, for the sake of your family, move. There is no hope in the foreseeable horizon. I am not a doomsday prophet, but if you understand the times, you know that things are going to get worse.

10 years ago, I called a friend and advised him to come over to Canada. He said he is not going to another man's country to "slave". He would rather come and visit and enjoy holidays. Funny enough his subordinate took the initiative. His (surbordinate) wife got a scholarship and in two years he relocated and he and his family now lives big in Ontario.

Fastforward to 2023, my friend is now in his early-50s, he has lost his job, his tottering business is now almost moribund. No thanks to Tinubu's economic janglova. Now, he is asking me to help him and his family relocate. 4 adults (Him, his wife and 2 children). How?

My reply may be brutal abd unfair, "Bro, you are 10 years late". He is now franticky looking towards the UK, looking for buyers of his inheritance, but the Tories are locking the gate on Dec 31, 2023. Not sure if he can still make it across.

My advice, if you can leave this sinking ship, please do ASAP. Today, it is armed robbery and kidnapping. In few years, a reminisce of the 1000000 boys will resurface.

Someone is going to come here to preach that it is not rosy out there. Yes, at first it will be rough. With time you will get along, learn the system, culture, then boom, you will just know you made a bold move. Nigeria is not getting better soon. Atleast, not with the huge debts and dwindling revenues that is over 50% channelled to debt servicing. Not with over 45% budget deficits to be financed on loans. Not with low purchasing power of the populace. Not with this "owambe" government. Not when our oil production is already swapped for loans for next 5 years and steeply declining productivity.

If you have 10m, are you not better off finding a business in Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by JohnRich146: 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2023
Validated:

I sincerely believe Japa isn't for everyone to leave Nigeria, if you have hard work and you have a business you're running that can fetxh you huge money, I don't see any reason for you and your so called family should Japa to others country

Nigerians has a whole should be ashamed at all to time for leave their own country to another country

I believe you should ask yourself this question, how many foreigner left their to Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by steeltrust: 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2023
Validated:

Bro, live them; make them de waste their lives thinking they're more patriotic than us who left. I have been in Chicago for a few weeks, and I know how my life has changed in just the few weeks I have been here. Just be like, say na now my life start. by the time the 2 million naira salary be like 2thousand naira time coming, na that time dem go know say khaki no be leather

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by MT: 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2023
Beuberry:

Alright chief suffer head

Why are you calling everyone "suffer head" once they do not agree with your position.

Our definition of "success" in life is different.

Someone that could not get visitor's visa on a norm and is now in UK or Canada doing menial job will rightly feel it is a step up.

Some are balling in Nigeria , and you expect them to be chasing goose up and down, attempting to japa-ing.

I only feel sorry for individuals that will be fooled by all these posts. Each individual case is unique and different.

Whatever works for you, just do it, and do not shove your opinion down people's throats

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by appini: 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2023
For old continent wey I dey here, na (hefty middle class) people dey arrive from Naija recently. If you don't have better money you can't japa now.
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by MT: 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2023
steeltrust:
Bro, live them; make them de waste their lives thinking they're more patriotic than us who left. I have been in Chicago for a few weeks, and I know how my life has changed in just the few weeks I have been here. Just be like, say na now my life start. by the time the 2 million naira salary be like 2thousand naira time coming, na that time dem go know say khaki no be leather

Why do americans turn against Biden ?.

Inflation and worst economy.

Few weeks are not enough to know how the trajectory of your life will be in a new land.

The grass is not always greener at the other side.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Mcslize: 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2023
Validated:

Let those who have ear 👂 hear.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Beuberry(f): 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
MT:

Why are you calling everyone "suffer head" once they do not agree with your position.

Our definition of "success" in life is different.

Someone that could not get visitor's visa on a norm and is now in UK or Canada doing menial job will rightly feel it is a step up.

Some are balling in Nigeria , and you expect them to be chasing goose up and down, attempting to japa-ing.

I only feel sorry for individuals that will be fooled by all these posts. Each individual case is unique and different.

Whatever works for you, just do it, and do not shove your opinion down people's throats
Ok, suffering & balling man.
I refuse to subscribe to ya opinion if you can't give me the salary or wages of these two categories
1. How much will a street sweeper in Canada be earning? Name two things about the state of life in Canada that may hinder that street sweeper from progressing?

2. How much is a street sweeper in Nigeria earn? What are the things the person can enjoy in Nigerian economy with the bogus or paltry earning from sweeping?

Let's start with these two questions first.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Smartguyboy(m): 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
Japa is not for the poor
How many people can afford to save up to 6-10m in they life time ?

Wish I have friends I can link up with abroad. I don’t want to leave and be struggling where to live or stay .

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Mcslize: 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2023
AfahaAbia:

Japa na!! What's all this thread lately about Since 2015 the country has been sinking, is it now that you're seeing it? Japa of u want to Japa and stop rubbing it on people's face all the time

Which one is japa na? Let him run it on our face in peace. I know you didn't read the whole post. Someone that is already enjoying himself with his family abroad that you want to japa.

Why be say body dey pepper una when someone mentions japa? We want all of you to stay back and make Nigeria great again. All the killings here and there and high crime rate, you guys will enjoy it till the end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by liver123(m): 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2023
As a civil engineering graduate can my certificate and experience pave way for me over there if I japa
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by BigDawsNet: 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2023
If you sha won japa... abeg go legally

Study
Work
PR
Marriage K1 Visa
Globa talent visa

If you don't value the japa... pls do it for your kids and generations...

I love Nigeria too.. but to be honest . Our leaders are very greedy... and it doesn't look like anything will change soon... as every powerful people are behind the wrong people now in Nigeria...

Nobody is forcing you to leave...
But Nigera was not great few decades ago...
It's not nice even presently
It may get worse in the future....

Remebwr your effort as a nigeria...Don't let ur kids struggle in life...

God will be with you all

12 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by 1TrippleCee: 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2023
creativehubb:
The more you discredit Nigeria, the more you are discredited abroad.

Now Canada, UK increasing BTA, restricting Nigerians because of the way you people act like abroad is heaven...this is bad and it's only Nigerians that does this. Stay in your abroad, carry your families there. This is our country, everyone can not leave it and migrate, some prefer staying here. Stop acting like there is a serious crises in Nigeria, abroad is same as here, no free money.

Preach
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by MT: 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2023
Beuberry:

Ok, suffering & balling man.
I refuse to subscribe to ya opinion if you can't give me the salary or wages of these two categories
1. How much will a street sweeper in Canada be earning? Name two things about the state of life in Canada that may hinder that street sweeper from progressing?

2. How much is a street sweeper in Nigeria earn? What are the things the person can enjoy in Nigerian economy with the bogus or paltry earning from sweeping?

Let's start with these two questions first.

You are just plain silly.

That citizenship you are chasing, I have 3 in countries you will want to kill yourself for, and I will not sound condescending to the people in Nigeria.

The question you asked shows you dont have a sound IQ.

Each country pays according to how expensive the country is.

In your uneducated mind, you are converting the cost of sweepers in Canada to that of Nigeria using exchange rate. That is what people of unsound mind do.

While you are informing me of the income in Canada, tell me the expenditure in Canada. Is it Naira you will spend in Canada ?.

People like you either remain perpetually in poverty over there or get deported because you cant process thing efficiently.

You are living below the poverty line in the country that you are, and you are not adding any empirical values to the country. Get it right.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Chetas81(m): 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2023
ZOMBIE ROAMING AROUND THE GLOBE, FAILED TO BUILD THEIR HEAVEN ON EARTH 🌎

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Mamadf: 4:16pm On Dec 12, 2023
US Dollar just hit 1240 right now,naija dey play, Japaring going harder.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Ekeneegwu(m): 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2023
The best decision yet … leave this country for the slaves and fools who voted a known druggie into power … a known Agbero who can’t provide his certificate… well am out , working and making enough … Pray 🙏 my country bounces back but for now enjoy Agbadorians .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Dididrumz(m): 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2023
clearcrystal:
80% of Nigerian youth will japa if they have the means.
Nigeria is like a sinking ship with a confused captain.

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by firearcher: 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2023
If someone is not looking for validation, I doubt he or she will be posting unsolicited advice for everyone to japa, and then getting pissed when they are not receptive to the advice.

Japa could be absolutely right for some but absolutely wrong for others. Let everyone enjoy their own space. Life is all about choices and trade-offs. No one has everything.

Making a general and blanket call for everyone to japa without any consideration for their individual circumstances is just lack of wisdom

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Update On The Lagos Metro Railway - Photos / Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados / Man Directs Traffic In Abuja After A Hectic Day At The Office (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.