Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba (39433 Views)

CAF Congratulates Super Eagles Striker Victor Osimhen On Ballon D’or Nomination / Onuachu Replaces Osimhen In Nigeria’s Squad For Algeria, Tunisia Friendlies / I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Basic123: 9:40am On Dec 12, 2023
Onogiede:
Oshoala is from Auchi in Edo state, anyone can go an verify while Osimen is Ekpoma Edo central, anyway u hear the name ends "me" eg Aburime, Ojieme, Oyakhilome, Osareme e.t.c are from Edo central part of the state.....to shock you guys am Osimen by name,.... make every one rest CAF Bleep up big time,.in all congrats to them all..

Stop being proud of your IGNORANCE 😆
Something simple Google will help you with.mumu

Asisat Oshoala is from which state? The Nigerian football star comes from Ikorodu, Lagos State, Nigeria

https://www.legit.ng/1372857-asisat-oshoala-biography-parents-husband-salary-net-worth.html#:~:text=Asisat

2 Likes

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Evboesi: 9:40am On Dec 12, 2023
Tjra:
Too early to give those people Blood pressure na

Correct. Edo state has several provinces and tribes.

But Benin Kingdom is a territory under Yorubaland.
territory under Yoruba land bawo
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by xtervaganza(m): 9:42am On Dec 12, 2023
Ndi ipob right now

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Evboesi: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2023
obembet:

Edo is partially Yoruba, some % of them are Yorubas
there is no part of Edo that is Yoruba, they at best speak Yoruba as a second language, and those are Edos at village borders with yoruba. Just the way many of those groups in plateau state and kaduna south like Berom etc speak Hausa as a second language and does not make them Hausa

Where Osimhen is from in Edo central which is Esan land does not share a tiny bit of land with the Yorubas and the basis for comprehension for him will only be that he grew up in yorubaland. In other words there is no Esan man that has not left Edo state that will be able to speak Yoruba unless the mother is yoruba

3 Likes

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by dododawa1: 9:44am On Dec 12, 2023
I want to appreciate Emmanuel Amunike, without him, I will not be here.

Oshimen spoke.

2 Likes

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Jemex003: 9:44am On Dec 12, 2023
ceejay80s:
Edo is not yoruba

Edo is Igbo
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Jemex003: 9:47am On Dec 12, 2023
ceejay80s:

I didn't mention asisat....
So Igbo that are born and grew up in Lagos are what?

IPOB
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Evboesi: 9:48am On Dec 12, 2023
hotwax:

I don’t want to join the Benin vs Yoruba fight.

All Osho prefix is Ogun name.

I’m a yoruba man, but I believe benin colonized Lagos first during Portuguese slave trade.

But on this one, I need to correct you… Osho os the most popular name in ogun state.

Oshoade, Oshoyinka, Oshosanyi…you don’t need to argue this.

Or give us the meaning of Osho in Edo. You should also know that Edo bears Yoruba name…intact there are Yoruba Edo.
there is no Yoruba Edo in Edo state

2 Likes

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Evboesi: 9:49am On Dec 12, 2023
CLEVABOY:
Edo and Yoruba are one family. They don't war against each other.
we are not there is no linguistic similarity between us

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Evboesi: 9:50am On Dec 12, 2023
Oseone1:
Victor is a yoruba from Agege
Na Edo boy Jor from Ekpoma , can you interpret Osimhen, you guys will want to mischievously claim successful Edo youths

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Evboesi: 9:52am On Dec 12, 2023
omowolewa:
CAF spoke to him in the Language his spirit understands.
in the language his spirit understands when he is not from there
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Gamesmart: 9:53am On Dec 12, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

Travel more and stop hiding under your mom's bed in beere Ibadan

Hausa is the most spoken language
Second to Igbo
Igbo is spoken in both SE some parts of SS ( rivers, Delta North some parts of akwa ibom about 5 igbo communities are in Akwa ibom, NC about 3 communities Benue state were cut off from Ebonyi .

Yoruba is mostly spoken in SW kwara and few communities in kogi

Travel more

Let me guess.

You smoke Mpuru mmiri every morning.
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Evboesi: 9:54am On Dec 12, 2023
Felix6:
OK 0. Na you talk am now, when Osimhen pick up form tomorrow to become the Governor of Lagos state, no come dey cry, call am IPOB, or show us picture of e ground father grave in Edo state.
Thank you my brother, if he pick up form tomorrow for Lagos governorship position, them go cast am out say nor be yoruba

2 Likes

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Evboesi: 9:55am On Dec 12, 2023
olamike02:

Edo is what then?. That's how you said Edo no be Lagos see how it goes with you. Yoruba is too savvy to even contemplate acquiring regions that will be dragging it backwards.
Edo is Edo slowpoke, if he picks up Lagos governorship form tomorrow, you cast him out and tell him to go to Edo

3 Likes

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Corn247: 9:56am On Dec 12, 2023
He addressed the journalists in yoruba, that why they wrote in yoruba.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by ppogba: 9:57am On Dec 12, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Funnily, its you that need sensitization and more exposure outside Naija, hausa is the most spoken language in africa after Arabic

Hausa is not just a Nigeria language it is a lingua franca in some other countries like togo, cameroon, ghana, Niger, & more.

study more

Your advice should have been " start studying" to someone who is stupid enough to justify Igbo as the most spoken language based on the fact that Igbos are in SS and every other hamlet.

To imagine someone claiming Igbo is more widely spoke than Hausa is not only sickening but also a confirmation of the fact that people will boldly justify their ignorance on a public forum.
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Evboesi: 10:00am On Dec 12, 2023
Judolisco:
Edo akoko
Akoko Edo is not Yoruba, the Groups in Akoko Edo are all Edo and Ebira affiliated groups, there is no Yoruba solely speaking community there,

Go and google Uneme, Ososo, Akuku, Okpamheri, Igarra etc, all are Edo groups except Igarra they speak Edoid languages as their first language and only speak Yoruba as a second language, their history of migration is also geared towards Benin. These groups has been studied and their first language seen to be akin towards Bini and other Edoid languages. Go and read comparative Edoid by Ben Ohiomamhe Elugbe

2 Likes

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by obembet(f): 10:04am On Dec 12, 2023
Evboesi:
there is no part of Edo that is Yoruba, they at best speak Yoruba as a second language, and those are Edos at village borders with yoruba. Just the way many of those groups in plateau state and kaduna south like Berom etc speak Hausa as a second language and does not make them Hausa

Where Osimhen is from in Edo central which is Esan land does not share a tiny bit of land with the Yorubas and the basis for comprehension for him will only be that he grew up in yorubaland. In other words there is no Esan man that has not left Edo state that will be able to speak Yoruba unless the mother is yoruba

I don't need to argue with you... They won't pay money for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Evboesi: 10:07am On Dec 12, 2023
obembet:

I don't need to argue with you... They won't pay money for it.
Dont come and write something erroneous and say you don’t need to argue with me, this is my state, i will not allow it.

2 Likes

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by VULCAN(m): 10:10am On Dec 12, 2023
I find your post interesting.

Yoruba has always been Nigeria's most popular language (outside of Nigeria)

It's spoken all over West Africa, parts of the Caribbean speak a version of it.

But I wonder why you must mention it in the same breath as your last sentence of politicians and tribalists tearing us apart.

You are adding fuel to the tribalists fire with your statement especially if you are Yoruba.

Also, I chucked at your statement that Yoruba are gifted at accepting others.

If you had said that a while back I might have let it go but since the pre-election and the election itself it should be clear that that is untrue.

Calling Rhodes Vivour a Non Yoruba because of his mother has revealed the true heart of a major portion of the Yoruba

Tinubu's grandson will reap this harvest in due season as his mother is also Igbo.

He will also be denied seating at the Table when the time comes

santaclaws:
Yoruba language is fast becoming Nigeria's most popular language...

The Yoruba land is gifted not just for its own people, but for the acceptance of others. I hope politicians and die-hard tribalists won't tear us apart as Nigerians.

God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Judolisco(m): 10:13am On Dec 12, 2023
Evboesi:
Akoko Edo is not Yoruba, the Groups in Akoko Edo are all Edo and Ebira affiliated groups, there is no Yoruba solely speaking community there,

Go and google Uneme, Ososo, Akuku, Okpamheri, Igarra etc, all are Edo groups except Igarra they speak Edoid languages as their first language and only speak Yoruba as a second language, their history of migration is also geared towards Benin
you're d one dat should do d googling here... Start with akoko first
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Slurity(m): 10:19am On Dec 12, 2023
HeadNigga:
Hmmm...this is what gets oba of Benin angry. If he speaks now one Lagos oba will retaliate. CAF, osimhen is an Edo boy... typing that thing in Yoruba suggests he is yoruba but he is not.

Type am for pidgin instead...
I want to hear from real Edo man that understand true history to tell me that he is not Yoruba. just in case you don't know, the blood of Oduduwa is the king in Benin till today. Also to forget that all Akoko-Edo speak pure Yoruba till date. Lastly, kindly ask the King in Benin the meaning of Oba in Edo language.
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Evboesi: 10:20am On Dec 12, 2023
Judolisco:
you're d one dat should do d googling here... Start with akoko first
There is no Yoruba group in Akoko Edo. Akoko Edo is not a group. It is a tag that signifies Edos living close to the Akoko area of the Yorubas. And this becomes obvious when you begin to study each of these groups in the Akoko Edo. From Uneme to Ososo to Akuku to Okpe, to Okpamheri, these are all Edo groups speaking Edo as a first language of which their history is also geared towards Benin. They only acquired Yoruba as a second language because of trade from their Ondo neighbors. Go and read comparative Edoid, by Elugbe. all these languages were studied and none were found to be remotely close to Yoruba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Putinofrussia: 10:23am On Dec 12, 2023
HeadNigga:
Hmmm...this is what gets oba of Benin angry. If he speaks now one Lagos oba will retaliate. CAF, osimhen is an Edo boy... typing that thing in Yoruba suggests he is yoruba but he is not.

Type am for pidgin instead...
Benin belongs to Yoruba.
The first Ogiso,Obagodo came from Ile Ife.
The first Oba,Oba Oranmiyan followed by his son,Oba Eweka1 all came from Ile Ife.
All of them are Yoruba by blood including Osimhen. cheesy
CAF knows this grin
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by santaclaws: 10:23am On Dec 12, 2023
VULCAN:
I find your post interesting.

Yoruba has always been Nigeria's most popular language (outside of Nigeria)

It's spoken all over West Africa, parts of the Caribbean speak a version of it.

But I wonder why you must mention it in the same breath as your last sentence of politicians and tribalists tearing us apart.

You are adding fuel to the tribalists fire with your statement especially if you are Yoruba.

Also, I chucked at your statement that Yoruba are gifted at accepting others.

If you had said that a while back I might have let it go but since the pre-election and the election itself it should be clear that that is untrue.

Calling Rhodes Vivour a Non Yoruba because of his mother has revealed the true heart of a major portion of the Yoruba

Tinubu's grandson will reap this harvest in due season as his mother is also Igbo.

He will also be denied seating at the Table when the time comes

If this is what you do whenever you see a pro-Yoruba post, then you really need to work on your emotional/psychological well-being.

You know Tinubu's social media handle, I suggest you go there on Twitter and IG and vent out your post-election feelings and trauma to him, not me.

Please I won't be dragged into a political/tribalistic discourse when I'm just all about good vibes... Thanks!

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Evboesi: 10:27am On Dec 12, 2023
Slurity:
I want to hear from real Edo man that understand true history to tell me that he is not Yoruba. just in case you don't know, the blood of Oduduwa is the king in Benin till today. Also to forget that all Akoko-Edo speak pure Yoruba till date. Lastly, kindly ask the King in Benin the meaning of Oba in Edo language.
Ogbeni shut up, don’t be a stark illiterate, there is no Edo that is Yoruba, our languages are not similar at all, it will take a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a Yoruba man to understand 5% of Edo. Why the pretense, we are not the same people.

Akoko Edo is not Yoruba. All Groups under this local government that makes up five percent of Edo state population are Edo groups as well as Igarra which is akin to Ebira. If any of these groups speak their first language for you and you hear as much as five percent , let me die. The Yoruba language they speak alongside their first language is their second language and was acquired from their neighbors in Ondo state.

Let’s agree for the sake of argument that The Oba line is Yoruba by ancestry, is that a reflection of the entire tribe, for the fact that the emir of ilorin is Fulani by ancestry, does that mean that everybody in ilorin or even the majority is Fulani?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Evboesi: 10:29am On Dec 12, 2023
Putinofrussia:
Benin belongs to Yoruba.
The first Ogiso,Obagodo came from Ile Ife.
The first Oba,Oba Oranmiyan followed by his son,Oba Eweka1 all came from Ile Ife.
All of them are Yoruba by blood including Osimhen. cheesy
CAF knows this grin
there is nothing like Obagodo, we in Edo know him as Igodo not Obagodo, the Oba was added by mischievous Yoruba historians to claim the Benin heritage. Ogisos have nothing to do with Yoruba, not one of them. The Oba stool is the one in contention which he has also debunked that his stool founded ife

3 Likes

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by saintrow1: 10:32am On Dec 12, 2023
NapoleonHill:
Some people's blood go rush now.

Hypertension go increase for that 5plots of land region grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by jrusky(m): 10:42am On Dec 12, 2023
Some people will develop high BP on this definitely.
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by ThierryJay: 10:51am On Dec 12, 2023
Evboesi:
Dont come and write something erroneous and say you don’t need to argue with me, this is my state, i will not allow it.

It's not about whether it's your state and what you allow or shouting aggressively. What is important is what is observable and factual.

And what is obvious is that there is some sort of close relationship between some parts of Edo State like Benin, Akoko-Edo etc and the Yoruba. I have come across so many Edo persons bearing Yoruba names and these are not only from the fringes with Ondo State. Surely this didn't just happen by coincidence and clearly lends some credence to the close relationship between Edo State and the Yoruba.

My mum is from Edo State by the way. Benin to be precise. All my mum's family side living in Benin are able to speak Yoruba fluently.

So explain.
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by donkach: 10:51am On Dec 12, 2023
Caseless:
Regardless of which language this tweet is made, it should not matter. The most important thing is, it's a Nigerian language.

Are you saw we as youths are ready to get this country working? Why should anyone be angry that Yoruba is used when the same Osimhen was born and brought up in Lagos and speaks Yoruba himself?

You all tribal jingoists should go for a psychiatric evaluation.
Who is angry?
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Evboesi: 10:59am On Dec 12, 2023
ThierryJay:

It's not about whether it's your state and what you allow or shouting aggressively. What is important is what is observable and factual.

And what is obvious is that there is some sort of close relationship between some parts of Edo State like Benin, Akoko-Edo etc and the Yoruba. I have come across so many Edo persons bearing Yoruba names and these are not only from the fringes with Ondo State. Surely this didn't just happen by coincidence and clearly lends some credence to the close relationship between Edo State and the Yoruba.

My mum is from Edo State by the way. Benin to be precise. All my mum's family side living in Benin are able to speak Yoruba fluently.

So explain.
It might be that your mum’s family have base in Lagos up to the third generation, or other parts of yorubaland.

And also the extreme western parts of Bini also share borders with Ondo state. Ask your mum if she is from Usen or any other extreme western Bini villages, these are the only parts that have these Yoruba ability. 95% of Binis don’t know speak Yoruba and don’t have any need for it.

It is also believed to be that the Oba family and a few family migrated from Yoruba land, if this is true or not is not the position here, but i can tell you that none of these families except the ones that settled on the fringes can speak Yoruba today. The Oba’s family cannot if he indeed migrated from Yoruba land .

That of Akoko Edo is sincerely dependent on trade and association to survive and nothing more, Akoko Edo is on the fringes, they speak Yoruba alongside their Edo first languages for trade, interaction, to survive

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fifa Women Under-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Mexico, FULLTIME (1:1) / Real Madrid Squad 2000 And 2017 Compared Following Their Loss Yesterday / I’m Not Iwobi, I’ll Insult Your Parent If You Insult Me –sadiq Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.