Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,893 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For (16797 Views)

Which Expenses Should The “Upkeep” Money/Allowance Cater For? / Please Help Me Am An Orphan I Need A Job To Cater For My Child And Siblings / I Have A Baby On The Way That I Can't Cater For. I Want To Give Him/her For Adop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Gerrard59(m): 9:44pm On Dec 14, 2023
galantjoe:
The OP post is not fair to those people that have business challenges or job termination the moment they get married.

While that is true. People should know the country they are citizens of and reside in. Na Nigeria we dey talk about, not South Korea or Singapore where the government can assist where necessary. In Singapore, there is financial assistance from the government to cover the cost. In South Korea, there are bountiful of such programs. Yet, the birth rates in those places are so low. So, why are Nigerians, who are poorer than those Asians, having plenty of children? When did the Nigerian government become more responsive than the Korean and Singaporean governments?

Secondly, getting married is a divine mandate upon man to multiply and subdue the earth.

It costs money to raise children. This is economics, not religion.

Thirdly, getting married and having kids are good omen that will bring to biological equilibrium.

I understand biological equilibrium, but what is good omen because one has children? If children bring good omen, Nigerians should be the luckiest set of people in the world.

Fourthly the main characteristics of living organisms is reproduction. So it is not out of place to marry and to have kids. those kids would bring continuity of life, fortunes and wealth to society in general and their parents in particular.

While the bold is true, we are not in the animal kingdom where animals kill with wanton abandon, and nothing is done. Try that in real life and there are repercussions. Also, that is biology, this is economics. Even a mad or mentally impaired person can have children, but can s/he raise them properly?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Gerrard59(m): 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2023
africandollar:
Nothing wrong in getting married while you’re still struggling as long as you choose not to start having kids until you’ve been able to set yourself up to an extent.

How many families in Nigeria would be comfortable with their children not having children immediately after marriage? It is like you people don't know the essence of marriage in Nigeria. To marry is to have children. Nigerians marry for childbearing purposes, not companionship.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Gerrard59(m): 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2023
kunle75:

Most get married to escape promiscuity, thats one reason but there several others too

The same people wey dey preach that men are polygamous by nature? Those ones? grin

Besides, I doubt sexually active married men get sex more than single counterparts who are sexually active.
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Niyi4321: 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2023
We could all be here talking this and that till tomorrow still nothing will change.
I'm religious and I'm close to being a fanatic but seriously I think we need to start putting more emphasis on real education than everything else.
A country where more than 90% of its school age population couldn't even pass their O level themselves but through cheating; Grade finish Centers, result buying and all. Businesses and marriages, rigging could only get you started but later on you'd still your sixth sense ( Common sense) to sustain it.

The real educated folks with wisdom and common sense don't make this kind of
mistakes.
Technology is the reason we still don't realize the extent of rots in our academic system.
Personally I don't require brain from anyone I see as illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Gerrard59(m): 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2023
Charly68:
Good point but not always correct as some peoples breakthrough are rooted in their marriage. I have advised a friend to get marry to his fiance after he was in labour market for 9 years without a job until he started a small business. He got a woman who was a primary school teacher and I just felt his breakthrough may come when he gets married. I even sponsored their wedding and 3 years after they got America lottery visa and relocated abroad. Fortunate enough he got a good job over there even with the certificate that he could not get employment with in Nigeria . The day he bought a new car over there he called to thank me for encouraging him to take the right decision.

A major issue in Nigeria is using anecdotal evidence to make a definitive statement. There is no data to support the claim that marriage brings financial breakthroughs except one marries into a richer family. In fact, the prevailing data says marriage brings penury as Nigeria is poorer than countries that don't have the same mentality of marriage bringing financial blessings.

The theory to support your belief is that he doubled his hard work because he knew had a family to take care of. That is the reason it seems married people out-earn their single counterparts. But ambitious bachelors can out-earn their equally ambitious married men.

As we noticed in your post, the issue was the man being in Nigeria not his certificate. Single people also got selected for American lottery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Gerrard59(m): 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2023
yemmit90:

Just pray you don't find yourself in such situation. It is very easy for us to judge from distance. There are some that works all their lives but can't make it, so at 40 or 45, you don't tell them to remain single for life just because they are yet to make it.

I know someone who was afraid of getting married but now 43yrs old withiout a wife. I also know a guy who married with an average income but now doing very well in UK. Sometimes, being married bring out the best from you because you have bills to pay. It make you focus on your goals and works harder.

Yes, that is the major reason married men out-earn their single counterparts in places with more economic opportunities. The issue isn't marriage itself, but having plenty of children they cannot take care of. In Nigeria, to marry is to born. Nigerians don't marry for companionship, but to have children.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Boldideas: 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Leave them to continue Deceiving themselves. undecided undecided

In the Bible, Jacob, Isaac and Joseph were Financially Bouyant before thinking of Marrying. sad smiley

Can a man that hasn't eating have concubines? 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Kingrshd3: 10:15pm On Dec 14, 2023
Gerrard59:

How many families in Nigeria would be comfortable with their children not having children immediately after marriage? It is like you people don't know the essence of marriage in Nigeria. To marry is to have children. Nigerians marry for childbearing purposes, not companionship.

😂 Bad boy I guess is d primary aim of marriage truly from a biological perspective
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Kingrshd3: 10:22pm On Dec 14, 2023
Niyi4321:
We could all be here talking this and that till tomorrow still nothing will change.
I'm religious and I'm close to being a fanatic but seriously I think we need to start putting more emphasis on real education than everything else.
A country where more than 90% of its school age population couldn't even pass their O level themselves but through cheating; Grade finish Centers, result buying and all. Businesses and marriages, rigging could only get you started but later on you'd still your sixth sense ( Common sense) to sustain it.

The real educated folks with wisdom and common sense don't make this kind of
mistakes.
Technology is the reason we still don't realize the extent of rots in our academic system.
Personally I don't require brain from anyone I see as illiterate.

You end up not saying anything related to the OP statement ..

Mtheew

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Kingrshd3: 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2023
I gat u ...
Experience is d best teacher because I think the OP is still a kid kind of

Tommydare:
You are still naive. You think na everybody dey like that. Sometimes some people are capable but once they got married, things went south. And if things went south are they supposed to divorce their wives and disown their children?
Sometimes we can plan that this is how it's going to be but at the end, it might not be like how it was planned. Na who him cocoa grow, sabi plant. Na spectators sabi play ball pass. Until you marry sha.
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Kingrshd3: 10:30pm On Dec 14, 2023
This is Nigeria even if government should do more than that people will still blame the government..

We are both in Nigeria for more than 20years alone is ok for understanding our country better

Saviola86:
All blames still boils down to the govt because it is their duty to make use of our taxes and natural resources to provide the necessary amenities and enabling environment for the masses to have sustainable income to progress and procreate

Procreation is a natural survival instincts of every living being be it humans, animals, insects or invertebrates. We’ve seen in some animal kingdoms they fight to death for mating rights just to pass on the lineage

You cannot absorb govt from the blames. Why are you a govt collecting taxes, stopping people from owning natural resources they find on their lands when you cannot make good use of the things you collect from them to better their lives?

In many countries, taxes are put in good use, in UAE the moment a citizen takes in, the govt is responsible for that child until the child becomes an adult even at that they still cater for the adults

You can blame citizens when govt has done their parts but citizens refuse to take advantage of it and stay poor.

In USA there are more rich people than poor people

The poor ones many atimes food, clothes etc isn’t their problem because an average American doesn’t go hungry. Their problem is drug abuse, inability to take advantage of govt provided stimulus etc

But in Nigeria nothing is provided, everything from taxes to natural resources are looted and the people left with nothing

If everyone decides to wait until things are better before they start procreation believe in next 100yrs Nigeria population will reduce drastically and we will face extinction because things will never improve
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by kunle75(m): 12:13am On Dec 15, 2023
Gerrard59:

The same people wey dey preach that men are polygamous by nature? Those ones? grin

Besides, I doubt sexually active married men get sex more than single counterparts who are sexually active.

Technically you are right sha
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by forexprophet(m): 1:45am On Dec 15, 2023
Don't transfer your aggression on your parents. You must exist that was why you were born. God ordained your birth. Rather blame yourself for voting disasters into office and still supporting them them with hungry stomach.
Those who vote bad leaders are not victims but accomplices.

Sirchiboy:
We keep blaming the government but our parents is the cause of 90% of the problems we face today.
As a man, you know you can't even feed three square a meal or pay your rents yet you still go ahead and get married.
Start giving birth to kids you can't cater for yet you keep blaming the government.
You are worse than the devil himself.
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by emmabest2000(m): 3:04am On Dec 15, 2023
Sirchiboy:
We keep blaming the government but our parents is the cause of 90% of the problems we face today.
As a man, you know you can't even feed three square a meal or pay your rents yet you still go ahead and get married.
Start giving birth to kids you can't cater for yet you keep blaming the government.

Don't say you get luck until you got married
E get why

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Acidosis(m): 6:40am On Dec 15, 2023
Many children today are simply products of Konji. Their parents' lack of self control and education about birth control brought them into this mess.

The last time I called a man "wicked" for birthing three SS kids back to back, many people came for my head. People are more concerned about showing respect to the "parent" status, than the innocence and pains of the kids brought into the world to suffer.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Acidosis(m): 6:48am On Dec 15, 2023
forexprophet:
Don't transfer your aggression on your parents. You must exist that was why you were born. God ordained your birth. Rather blame yourself for voting disasters into office and still supporting them them with hungry stomach.
Those who vote bad leaders are not victims but accomplices.

Is there any country in the world where an under 18 is allowed to vote? Parenting is a process. Nothing an under 18 can do about bad governance.

Please stop bringing God into people's mess. You exist because your parents decided to marry and get intimate. Everything about marriage, children, or family is a choice.

Apostle Paul practiced a better Christianity than you and I or anyone else in our generation and he was never married. He made the choice. You too can make the choice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Richyfj(m): 9:04am On Dec 15, 2023
The bible has said who so ever finet a wife fines a good thing and obtained favour from God...

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Nahunger(m): 9:42am On Dec 15, 2023
Sirchiboy:

What of as a woman who can't support her husband, don't suffocate men please, allow men to breathe.
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Kindness218: 10:00am On Dec 15, 2023
Proverbs 18:22.
He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Tommydare(m): 10:23am On Dec 15, 2023
U are right. But I think two is ok. Because of old age. We might be able to do and go to wherever we like nw, but time dey come wey we go need children to take care of us. And if na one pikin person get, e go choke the pikin but if na two dem go dey share the responsibilities.
Gerrard59:

Things wouldn't be so bad if it was just a child. But we have people birthing three or more children even when thing are rough. That is the problem. It is easier to take care of a child when the economy is rough than three.
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Bearfruit(f): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2023
with God all things are possible,yes God is good .
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Evolutionism: 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2023
ednut1:
Some people believe marriage brings financial breakthrough. Poor people that have more than 2 kids need to be sterilized and the children taken away from them. Bunch of irresponsible idiots. Even if you have money you can still go broke one day so have a reasonable amount of children. You are not into farming like our ancestors but you don born 4 to 5. Haba

Nice one tunde.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Discipline A Child Without Flogging Him Or Her? / Why Are Women Outliving Men? / =N=5,000 Weekly Charitable Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.