Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For (16804 Views)

Which Expenses Should The “Upkeep” Money/Allowance Cater For? / Please Help Me Am An Orphan I Need A Job To Cater For My Child And Siblings / I Have A Baby On The Way That I Can't Cater For. I Want To Give Him/her For Adop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by loswhite(m): 5:24pm On Dec 14, 2023
Evolutionism:

How e take concern yougrin
No mind the idiot. Kids always think they have all the answers to life problems.
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Stanislause94: 5:24pm On Dec 14, 2023
blowjohn:
Why did u go to school knowing fully well that ur degree won't earn u a job?

I hope that answers ur question
you be mumu o
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by todugo(m): 5:24pm On Dec 14, 2023
olaztek:
Societal pressure.
The kind of pressure society put on single guys sometimes is unbearable.

People will look down on you, deny you opportunities, call you gay/impotent/irresponsible, constantly frustrate you, question you in every family gathering, sideline you, cut half the benefits apportioned for you just because you are not a family man.
Na society dey put food for their table?😂
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by nedekid: 5:37pm On Dec 14, 2023
Because as a man, life must go on. If you wait for everything to me perfect before marraige, you will marry at old age.
For this naija, na to rough am.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by olaztek(m): 5:39pm On Dec 14, 2023
todugo:
Na society dey put food for their table?😂
Never Under-estimate the power of societal pressure.
How far you go in life can be determined by the society you live in. If your mentality doesn't align with people that surrounds you, your life will be less peaceful.

You can only emigrate to stay in a society that share same views as you so you can live a progressive life

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Omoapena(m): 5:39pm On Dec 14, 2023
They scam them by saying things will get better for them when they marry and start giving birth...

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by WorldRichest: 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2023
Sirchiboy:
We keep blaming the government but our parents is the cause of 90% of the problems we face today.
As a man, you know you can't even feed three square a meal or pay your rents yet you still go ahead and get married.
Start giving birth to kids you can't cater for yet you keep blaming the government.
You are worse than the devil himself.

Buhari, Atikulation Abubakar, Yusuf Datti (Obi's VP), El-Rufai, Kwankwaso, e.t.c. Ogun go kill all of una. Your people give birth to numerous children and send them to the South to beg. You keep marrying several wives for them so that the jobless men will continue to give birth to Almajaris. Ogun kill una Mama

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by vickydevoka(m): 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2023
Sirchiboy:
We keep blaming the government but our parents is the cause of 90% of the problems we face today.
As a man, you know you can't even feed three square a meal or pay your rents yet you still go ahead and get married.
Start giving birth to kids you can't cater for yet you keep blaming the government.
For ladies, age is the reason
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by vickydevoka(m): 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2023
Sirchiboy:
For ladies, age is the reason. For guys , pressure and deceit from the lady
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by blowjohn(m): 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2023
Scholace:
You're wrong

You can't compare both. we're the major cause of poverty in Nigeria before government. our mentality as Africans is so wack reason why we're a third world country. Most average Nigerian consider age for marriage. once a man is getting close to 40 and he's poor, he'd be considering marriage. Even if he'll stay in his father's house. That is why poverty will forever keep growing in Nigeria. He will get married and hope the children will bring blessings or any of the children might growup and become Dangote😂

There's this guy in my neighborhood, he should be in his early or mid 40s, he's a security guard who barely feed. he lives in his father's house. he was given a room self contain. he impregnated a lady and brought her home. the lady has put to bed. i heard he has left the security job and was given a bike to ride on hirepurchase. That is how poverty keep growing because another generation has come in with additional mouth to feed

in every 100 poor people in Nigeria, hardly will 10 among them escape poverty at the end. The rest obviously die poor and pass the baton to their children

some get married having known that they're poor so it'd be suicidal to them not to have a child or children. to them they felt they've lost in both sides if they didn't have a child.

Going to school is not basically to get job. it's far beyond that. Although our educational system has outlived the purpose of educating the masses. nonetheless, you can't compare getting education to how the poor keep breeding and getting married with the "E go better" mantra pass across generation to generation

U just summed up everything in my comment.
In short: both set of humans enter school or marriage without knowing the main purpose and we all know how ignorance can be a disease.

I remember some lines frm Nas song, ' stay chiseled'

Let's take 3 brothers and put them in the bing or something
Who's gonna survive? The wise man, the fool or the warrior
Well if all of their minds are chisel, then all of them. ..

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by countryman13: 6:40pm On Dec 14, 2023
Sirchiboy:
U shouldn't have gone to school for certificate when u know there is already job waiting for u!
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by crackhouse(m): 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2023
Because some people believe once u marry your door will open.
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by ejimatic: 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2023
Sirchiboy:
That is why poor people are increasing in Nigeria. Nigeria is country with generational poverty!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Kingson28: 7:41pm On Dec 14, 2023
They have strong sexual urge and don’t want to disobey God by sleeping around.
It doesn’t matter how much society abuse them, they’re far more better than human dogs who sleep with several men or girls in the name of dating and testing for sexual compatibility.
Many of you who haven’t married yet would have since done so, had it been NO GIRL/LADY is giving you sinful sex outside wedlock.
Repent and receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour today.
Tomorrow may be too late.
Hell is real.
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2023
That's how d be calling, i want to add you to committee of friends angry My wife just born, pls support me angry You think I'm happy I'm not married yet, There's a reason for that.. If you know you not ready why did you marry Nobody should bother me abeg..

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by eteebanky1: 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
Same story with those that went to university, graduate and can't bag a groundbreaking job after Graduation

So, what is the essence of spending 5 whole years out of your life in the university

Almost 80% of graduates nowadays are jobless, most of them self can't carry cement, carry block

Useless lazy idiots dy find white collar job upanda

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Kingrshd3: 8:53pm On Dec 14, 2023
blowjohn:
Why did u go to school knowing fully well that ur degree won't earn u a job?

I hope that answers ur question

😂

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Kingrshd3: 8:57pm On Dec 14, 2023
WorldRichest:

Buhari, Atikulation Abubakar, Yusuf Datti (Obi's VP), El-Rufai, Kwankwaso, e.t.c. Ogun go kill all of una. Your people give birth to numerous children and send them to the South to beg. You keep marrying several wives for them so that the jobless men will continue to give birth to Almajaris. Ogun kill una Mama

My brother am tired óò 😂😂
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Kingrshd3: 8:58pm On Dec 14, 2023
olaztek:

Never Under-estimate the power of societal pressure.
How far you go in life can be determined by the society you live in. If your mentality doesn't align with people that surrounds you, your life will be less peaceful.

You can only emigrate to stay in a society that share same views as you so you can live a progressive life

God bless you ...

So sometimes it's never someone's fault because for u to be peaceful ehn u must be in line with your society

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Kingrshd3: 9:00pm On Dec 14, 2023
olaztek:
Societal pressure.
The kind of pressure society put on single guys sometimes is unbearable.

People will look down on you, deny you opportunities, call you gay/impotent/irresponsible, constantly frustrate you, question you in every family gathering, sideline you, cut half the benefits apportioned for you just because you are not a family man.

God bless you for this contribution 🙏
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Kingrshd3: 9:01pm On Dec 14, 2023
pocohantas:
You won't let them rest when they don't marry.
They marry and you won't let them rest still.
They marry rich ancestors, wahala.
They build career before marriage, wahala.
They marry for papers, double wahala.

I hope people can see that world people must talk? Last last only you go bear the outcome of your decisions. Use your head. 🤝

I can see you are a female and yet u have spoken the very truth ..

May God bless you dear 🙏
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Kingrshd3: 9:04pm On Dec 14, 2023
galantjoe:

✅ The OP post is not fair to those people that have business challenges or job termination the moment they get married.

✅ Secondly, getting married is a divine mandate upon man to multiply and subdue the earth.

✅ Thirdly, getting married and having kids are good omen that will bring to biological equilibrium.

✅ Fourthly the main characteristics of living organisms is reproduction. So it is not out of place to marry and to have kids. those kids would bring continuity of life, fortunes and wealth to society in general and their parents in particular.

Am pleased with your contribution because if due to poverty we didn't reproduce then d OP too might not be on earth by now because most of our parents too are poor 🤔

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Gerrard59(m): 9:11pm On Dec 14, 2023
Kingray10:
The north is guilty of this the most..

It is prevalent in the south as well. The north has polygamy to blame, what excuse does the south? I think complete data on birth rates across regions and ethnic groups would put this notion that the south has an abnormally low birth rate to rest.
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Gerrard59(m): 9:15pm On Dec 14, 2023
Three and seven years ago, I preached it:

- https://www.nairaland.com/6035550/nigerians-poverty-certain-acts-perpetuate

- https://www.nairaland.com/3450586/poor-un-intelligent-people-should-not

The notion that children are blessings is where the problem comes from. Children are not blessings because they are born, but become blessings when properly taken care of. Having children wouldn't make you rich. In fact, as a man, you lose money having children.

"Giving birth is cheap, raising children is expensive" - Gerrard59, 2016.
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Gerrard59(m): 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2023
prodigyy:
I know of someone that married because her husband is an errand boy to a politician. Presently they're no longer in power, hunger dun finish her and husband

I know many like that. Hunger really nack them eh. Foolishly, all I knew had at least three children. One had five sef. These men are not educated in the real sense. No work experience or skills to make it outside the world of boy boy. To worsen it, they were still carrying women
up and down. Their saving grace be say they own the houses they reside in.

The stoopid mentality that the moment a man begins to earn small change, he rushes to marry is another issue.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Gerrard59(m): 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2023
KingKO22:
Birth control should be considered in this contemporaneous era

Single mothers are not left out as well. Imagine having 10 children for 5 different fathers and you want the father to be responsible for those step children ?

Marriage is not a taboo for a poor man but having too many children when things is not getting better is a sin as God is not against pregnancy control but detest abortion.

Anyway, i think the mentality is changing rapidly

I doubt a Nigerian woman would go to that extent. Let's be realistic with our numbers.
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Gerrard59(m): 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2023
dietsono:

I am very sure that you are still not of age and your level of immaturity is alarmingly extreme.

Mtcheeeeeeew!

Guilty as charged.

So, tell us Mr Matured, how does it sound to have children you cannot take care of?
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Gerrard59(m): 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2023
Tommydare:
You are still naive. You think na everybody dey like that. Sometimes some people are capable but once they got married, things went south. And if things went south are they supposed to divorce their wives and disown their children?
Sometimes we can plan that this is how it's going to be but at the end, it might not be like how it was planned. Na who him cocoa grow, sabi plant. Na spectators sabi play ball pass. Until you marry sha.

Things wouldn't be so bad if it was just a child. But we have people birthing three or more children even when thing are rough. That is the problem. It is easier to take care of a child when the economy is rough than three.
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Sirchiboy: 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2023
loswhite:
Shut up. If you are married and you lost your job will you divorce your wife ? Nonsense
I want us to settle this matter on wrestle ground
Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Gerrard59(m): 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2023
nobilie:
Honestly, marriage should not be only for the comfortable. Its bringing forth children you cant take care of that is a problem. A man shd think better matured and ahead when having a woman. Both will keep each other company through sex, chat and care. They can decide not to have children early till they are more stable.

It is the prevailing culture in Nigeria - marry today, born tomorrow. I recalled gisting with my female department mates that I intended to postpone childbearing until two years into the marriage. None gree o. Some were angry at my suggestion. I said marriage goes beyond having children. Dem say no. They cannot marry a man with my mentality.

A man should be able to feed himself. When married, the couples should be able to take care of themselves. One of the ploblems in marriage (through changing) is that once a woman marries, her husband takes care of all finances. This over burdens the man making the marriage tough but in the case where the woman enters the marriage with the mindset of taking up some of the financial needs of the house, the family will enjoy.

That happens everywhere. Childbearing takes a toll on women's earnings. Their earning power reduces and men have to chip in. Read "the motherhood tax". In fact, some white women make their husbands sign contracts stating the men will cover their salaries reduction as a result of childbirth. Na why their governments dey chip in with money to cover the costs of childbearing and raising children. 7

If you consider comfort before marriage, 80% of men will remain unmarried meaning we'll have and outburst of unmarried women which is even worst in effect to the society. My thought though.

I agree.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For by Niyi4321: 9:39pm On Dec 14, 2023
africandollar:
Nothing wrong in getting married while you’re still struggling as long as you choose not to start having kids until you’ve been able to set yourself up to an extent.
Wish it were that simple!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? / Should Wife Give Her Inheritance To Her Husband? / Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.