Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" (38135 Views)

People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel / Woman Cries After Being Called "Bouncer" On Social Media (pics, Video) / I Said No To My Girlfriend For The First Time And She Feels Like Dying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by Fira09(m): 9:59am On Dec 14, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ASWXA-datA?si=zZ06olVVAISaToQz

A 38-year-old single woman who ended her marriage because of her husband’s demands has cried out while blaming feminism as the reason she’s single with no child.

Melissa Persling wrote an article for Business Insider titled: “I’m 38 and single, and I recently realized I want a child. I’m terrified I’ve missed my opportunity.”

She also granted an interview to Fox News Digital where she broke down crying, describing how she feared she would end up alone and childless.

The woman, who has now decided as she approaches her 39th birthday that she wants to settle down, have a family and a husband, said she felt “betrayed by feminism”.

In her Business Insider article, Persling revealed that she married a traditional man t the age of 22 and moved to a rural community in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, where she grew up.

“He wanted a simple life with children and home-cooked meals. At that time I felt very strongly I did not want children, that I wasn’t going to be like the traditional housewife. I knew I did want to pursue a career, and I felt very strongly that that would never change. And I guess I was wrong,” she told Fox News.

Persling said she and her ex thought that love could conquer everything, but after 10 years, it was clear their differences in life goals were irreconcilable. She became resentful when he would ask for dinner or for his laundry to be done.

“I did little to hide my disdain for our small-town life. He was a good and hardworking man, but I don’t think I made him feel that way,” she said.

When she was 30, she and her ex-husband divorced.

“I told my friends and family I’d never get married again. I needed independence, a fulfilling career, and space to chart my own course, and I didn’t think marriage fit into that vision. I was content to look toward a future without a husband, children, or the trappings of a ‘traditional’ life,’” she wrote.

However, as she got older, she said the fun, carefree lifestyle, being wined and dined, and going to parties began to get old.

When she turned 38, terror began to take over.

“I was panic-stricken. I really thought I’m going to be alone forever. It really scared me. I don’t want people to miss out on the important things in life because they’re just enjoying themselves because I don’t think that that’s ever going to really make you happy,” she said.

She wrote in the article how she felt “urgency” to find a stable relationship and was rethinking about wanting marriage and children.

“I hardly recognized myself,” she wrote in the article. “I also began to feel selfish for spending so much time focusing solely on myself… My very existence started to feel shallow and hollow.”

In retrospect, Persling believed she had some self-discovery and work for herself to do, and it took time to sort through previous trauma. Her parents’ divorce, which she described as coming from “a broken home,” took time to heal and sort through to find out what she really wanted.

“I grew up in a fairly traditional family, but my parents were divorced. And I would say that probably had some effect on my feelings about having a family coming from a broken home certainly has its hardships,” she told Fox News Digital.

At one point, she recalled a man coming over to her in a coffee store who randomly told her not to lose hope – that God had a plan for her.

After publishing her story, she gave an update. She said her life took a happy turn, which she describes as the exception and not the rule for women in her age group.

Shortly after penning the article, she dated a man who she previously befriended. They’re already talking about marriage and a future.

She said: “So it’s a guy that I’ve been friends with, and we’ve always just sort of stayed in touch. And we did go on one date about a year ago, and I told him, ‘I just want to be friends with you.'”

After her epiphany that she wanted a traditional life – the realization that he was “the one” hit her like “a ton of bricks,” she said.

“This guy is the one that God’s been preparing for me,” she added.

“I’ve had these relationships since where there were so many butterflies and so many like, ‘Oh my gosh, checking my phone. Did he text?’ And I realized, that’s not love.

That’s anxiety. I never knew where I stood with those people. I could never envision a future with those people.”

Persling said she is looking forward to a modest, meaningful and happy future.

“Moving into my future, I’m not going to be traveling. I’m not going to have a lot of extra money. I’m not going to be going out for fancy dinners and I’m OK with that,” she said. “I’m ready for that. I think that’s what’s really going to make me happy. Like I’m so done just making myself happy.”

“You think you’re happy when you’re doing all these things [when you’re single] to make yourself happy. I don’t think you really are. It’s the relationships that make you happy. It’s building something with another person. It’s creating a life with another person, having goals and plans with another person. It’s making other people happy. Making people you love happy. That’s happiness. I really don’t think I will know true happiness until I’m in that place.”

While Persling doesn’t consider herself a feminist, she attributed feminism – in part – as the reason she had thought negatively about marriage.

LIB

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by finallybusy: 10:01am On Dec 14, 2023
Attention seeker. Many people of today weren’t breastfed as babies.

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by 10mobile: 10:03am On Dec 14, 2023
Feminists and redpillers are failures who hide under the cloak of inter-gender war. Meanwhile, I thought Linda Ikeji was a feminist.

132 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by Anny69: 10:05am On Dec 14, 2023
undecided Foolish woman.

Edit: I called her foolish for avoiding accountability. Everyone wants to blame feminism now. Her bad decisions got her here not feminism!

Now clowns should stop crying in my mentions.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by Onuimo1(m): 10:09am On Dec 14, 2023
Lol. Ndi feminists can you see what you are causing to the gullible ones? Yes I call them gullible because no woman in her right senses would say she's engaging in something she doesn't know an iota of what it is.

Feminism is all about bitterness towards the opposite sex which is no Brainer. What we need in our society are people that have spirit of truth, fearlessness,bold, and just people irrespective of your sex.
You're there championing feminism that you know nothing about. Mtcheeeeewwww.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by oluwaseyi0: 10:10am On Dec 14, 2023
Feminist and redpillers in the mud

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by Shalommy(f): 10:11am On Dec 14, 2023
Oyibo don follow dey catch cruise. Chaii... cheesy cheesy

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by advanceDNA: 10:13am On Dec 14, 2023
There are many feminist in their husband's house, loving him and caring for their home as a team ...... Na your no do your own feminist with sense....

Pele...U be blonde naaaa....u go dey alright....

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by terrezo2002(m): 10:15am On Dec 14, 2023
Even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind to do those things which are not convenient.
Romans 1:28
They want to be feminists, homosexuals, etc. Not wanting to be controlled by the law of God. God left them to live the lives they chose for themselves.
They now regret and are ashamed of the lives they chose for themselves.
Many will see this and not still learn. Well, they will learn the bitter way.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by oz4real83(m): 10:19am On Dec 14, 2023
She thought the biggest dild0 or cucumber could replace her husband and every other man in her life but she has learnt the hard way shocked. Some women will read this and still not learn any lesson embarassed

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by oz4real83(m): 10:20am On Dec 14, 2023

1 Like

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by OBTOREPA(m): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2023
Sorry her cry never reach pro-max

12 Likes

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by Jeon(f): 10:26am On Dec 14, 2023
Finally a thread for Men to feast and masturbate on.

cheesy

You're not too late, Niggas are knights to the whities. Offer a visa and papers to a nigga and he will be the traditional man instead .

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by Dottore: 10:27am On Dec 14, 2023
The bitter truth is that 99.9 percent of feminism campaigns are lip service. You don't know the secret tears of an unmarried single lady who is above 30; they pass through a lot of emotional pains that they don't want people to notice.
It's easier for a man in his 50s to marry and remarry a lady half his age than for a lady in her 30s to marry even once let alone to a man few years older than her.
A 40 year old unmarried man is already calling a 35 year old lady an evening newspaper.

The influence of Western culture is not helping matters in promoting monogamy, equal rights and feminism. African ladies imbibed this culture all to their detriment and some simps are giving them a nod.
Monogamy and equal rights are neither biblical nor African culture.
Monogamy is counter productive, it's unnatural and is the major reason of failure in today's marriage, it's tormenting women more than men while at the same time promoting infidelity in marriage

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by Dupalmer: 10:34am On Dec 14, 2023
K
Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by Emary(f): 10:39am On Dec 14, 2023
Attention seeker! Many women are achieving great things while keeping their husbands and children so speak only for yourself.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by lordnkem000(m): 10:44am On Dec 14, 2023
Jeon, jennyclay make una come see una colleague o, this is what awaits all of una Nairaland feminists

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by Jeon(f): 10:47am On Dec 14, 2023
lordnkem000:
Jeon, jennyclay make una come see una colleague o, this is what awaits all of una Nairaland feminists

And what's the difference between she and your girlfriend that wasn't feminist that you left with a 3months baby to die in hungry /some medical complications?and making her parents to pushed her away from going against them .

Men like you make women to turned that way.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by oguns222: 10:51am On Dec 14, 2023
Kobojunkie, how market grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by WealthyNigerian: 10:51am On Dec 14, 2023
10mobile:
Feminists and redpillers are failures who hide under the cloak of inter-gender war.
Very unrealistic people just like those pushing the gov into political ditch.
Have you heard the latest?! Other PDP Lawmakers that are rightly very angry about the the myopic last foolish step that he took have also vowed to join these their colleagues in APC and see what he would do. What an egregious effrontery! 97% of the States Lawakers have said how dare him trampled on them like that! They said he acted as if the Edifice is his personal property, he demolished Tax-Payers House built with River States' sweat and Nigerians Money! The Yibhos that are advising and manipulating him have pushed him into unforgivable political bottomless pit. Not even partial demolishing like Obaseki, they said he so filled with self-destructive Pride collapsed their Building without even calling for meeting to Ask for their Permission! They have vowed that he Must be impeached.
Did you notice that the number Redpiller on NL is also one of the primary Yibhos that are licking the dirty scrotal sack of that... and manipulating him against The President since all their envious Campaign of Calumny they did against Great Bola Tinubu failed woefully. They felt by humiliating Wike, they are disgracing Nigerian's President. They shall fail again as they always do.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by NaijaCover(m): 10:52am On Dec 14, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by Mosba: 10:52am On Dec 14, 2023
Important points:

"However, as she got older, she said the fun, carefree lifestyle, being wined and dined, and going to parties began to get old."

Most Nigerian single mothers divorced for same reason and after freeing themselves to bastardised everything that make them worthy of being married they will now be looking for a chance to come back or hook on the another man. And see the next chapter of their worthless lives;

"When she turned 38, terror began to take over".

Avoid 28years and above ladies at all cost

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by othermen: 10:52am On Dec 14, 2023
You feel betrayed or disillusioned by feminism. However, it’s the patriarchal that is punishing you.

1 Like

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by drimzsmoke(m): 10:53am On Dec 14, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by PoliteActivist: 10:53am On Dec 14, 2023
*Politeness*

With all these recent threads, seems women actually need men more than they need us.
Depends on individuals tho - I honestly can very well do without a man

2 Likes

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by rawfacts2023: 10:53am On Dec 14, 2023
Feminism is not from God.

God does not want man to oppress woman, but that doesn't mean He created them 'equally'.

Feminism is from the pit of hell.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by Dotmanq: 10:53am On Dec 14, 2023
Lol, feminism, the greatest scam in the world.

1 Like

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by tuoyoojo(m): 10:53am On Dec 14, 2023
God when say its not go for man to be alone and created eve knew what we don't know

Men need women as much asp women need men

1 Like

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by sukkot: 10:54am On Dec 14, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" by Qasas001: 10:54am On Dec 14, 2023
Chai

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Reacts After Boyfriend Who Promised Her A Car Bought Her An Iphone (Photo) / Is It Proper For My Girlfriend To Sleep In A Guys House? / Lady Turns Fiance's Barber In Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.