Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! (42629 Views)

Anambra School Floors USA, Turkey To Win 1st Position In Another International C / Eksu Medical Students Shines, Clinches 1st Position / Landmark University Emerges 1st Position At CODET National Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by CJStarz: 12:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
DSS1335:
grin
Before rushing to embarrass yourself, know that 10 students can all clear that paper with A1. Positions, when there are ties amongst them will be determined by on the basis of the decimal places. For example, 95.2%, 95.3%, 95.1%, 95%, 95.8% etc. When rearranged on descending order, the 1st is 95.8%, 2nd 95.3%, 3rd is 95.2%.....
That's probably what plays out in your ward's school. So it's best you celebrate her achievement and fulfill your pledge as a way of encouraging her
No mind the Olodo 🤣

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by dododawa1: 12:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
New generation

Baby mama's

Thinking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
Go and embarass yourself mumu parent your child is not wise so are you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Pootle: 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2023
na your type dey make school give like 10pupils first position

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by ecolime(m): 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2023
Na person Daddy be this oo.. lol

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by cedricksly: 12:18pm On Dec 16, 2023
When there are people with almost same grade, then the exact number start to count.. Eg, 70 is a distinction, as well as 90 as well as 99. If ur baby girl had 80 or 75 and someone else had 90 or 98 who do you think should come first?? Yes they tied according to grading system, but in actually figure she came 3rd

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Philistine(m): 12:18pm On Dec 16, 2023
Private schools; always gifting out cheap marks.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Obwork: 12:18pm On Dec 16, 2023
This nairaland and manufactured stories... 5 & 6.
Just to keep business afloat.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by nairalee(m): 12:18pm On Dec 16, 2023
Use your sense. If 300 people have all A's then will everyone be 1st? Nawa for una o

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Arijude(m): 12:18pm On Dec 16, 2023
Herbiodun09:

I am quite happy this child will probably not grow old to be as stupid as u are really.

Typical of an ibo chest beating behaviour even when they have nothing upstairs.
it's paining you that yaribas false sophistication has been demystified 😂😂😝😝

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by WayStage(m): 12:18pm On Dec 16, 2023
Clout chaser... Na una type dey insult teachers for una children presence... Gone are the days wey private schools no dey take nonsense. If u continue like this, your pikin go get low self esteem in future... Except u will follow him or her everywhere.
Josephamstrong1:
I don’t really understand some schools this days. My baby girl cleared all her subjects with distinction, all As and she was given 3rd position. She has been sobbing uncontrollably since yesterday. cry Yes, she was promised Christmas gifts and present if she takes first position in class this term.
I think she deserves the 1st position. I want to go to the school on Monday and appeal for result recheck. It can’t be!
I am not taking this o! My baby deserves 1st position with this result. cry cry

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Shawl001(m): 12:19pm On Dec 16, 2023
Well, that's an excellent result.
However, compared to who?

What did others score?

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Xkale1996(m): 12:19pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
I don’t really understand some schools this days. My baby girl cleared all her subjects with distinction, all As and she was given 3rd position. She has been sobbing uncontrollably since yesterday. cry Yes, she was promised Christmas gifts and present if she takes first position in class this term.
I think she deserves the 1st position. I want to go to the school on Monday and appeal for result recheck. It can’t be!
calm down other students are der too

Buy her gift for her to be encouraged

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Mayeldah(m): 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2023
Op, you sef no try

Your child's total is 1,367, what if the pupils in the first and second positions scored above 1,367?

Remember there are 15 subjects there, which means the maximum total score is 1,500.

celebrate your child, regardless, she is a smart kid!

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by yak(m): 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

What kind of parents do we have nowadays?
She came 3rd and she's subbing and the next thing is to go and fight the school?
Instead of you to use this to teach her about the journey of life?
Little wonder kids commit suicide when they have a little challenge in life.

This result in my house will generate alot of motivational conversations. Tell the kids the world does not revolve around them. They must dream high, work hard but there's more to life than another person's (Teacher) judgement

Do you know that another kid may have same 15As but did better than her overall

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by toluxe0075: 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2023
Sha don’t go and post this on twitter. If not, the dragging you are so much craving for, you will get it x20.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by DDIA: 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2023
DSS1335:
grin
Before rushing to embarrass yourself, know that 10 students can all clear that paper with A1. Positions, when there are ties amongst them will be determined by on the basis of the decimal places. For example, 95.2%, 95.3%, 95.1%, 95%, 95.8% etc. When rearranged on descending order, the 1st is 95.8%, 2nd 95.3%, 3rd is 95.2%.....
That's probably what plays out in your ward's school. So it's best you celebrate her achievement and fulfill your pledge as a way of encouraging her
Leave the mumu father to go and embarrass himself grin

I pray the girl does not inherit his lack of common sense. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by kazyhm(m): 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2023
I'm more concerned about the percentage of the class population that got As all through.....

No school would ever deceive me.....that I told my wife.

I will never celebrate mediocrity......As students that would struggles to get 22 in the university...and would eventually invent nor innovate nothing throughout their career.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Bankowner: 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2023
With that performance, get your child a gift and stop tying it to position. I wonder which school still uses position these days sef, it's their kind that causes this type of agitation.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by AlongCamePollie(m): 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2023
fiercehillz:
Abeg which class be basic 6 again...

grin grin
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by RPG2020(m): 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2023
You should be celebrating 🎉🎉🎉 your daughter hard work she did well in school more than Tinubu or you were not informed grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by promisedeco(m): 12:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
In my Ss2 1st term, I had all As but I came 4th. You should be happy that your child is in a great class

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
ecolime:
Na person Daddy be this oo.. lol
grin grin🤣😂😂
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by RepoMan007: 12:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
An A is awarded for a range of mark. Don't expect an A earned with 90/100 to count more than an A of 95/100. You should educate your child. Primary school is not university.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Femmyfamous4u(m): 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

You really need to calm down. You're like the proverbial child who said his father's farm is the largest because he has not seen others. Yes, your child is brilliant but others might be more brilliant. I'm talking as a teacher with years of experience. You should be more concerned about the grade(which is distinction) than the position. I once had a girl that had 95% overall but finished 5th because I had 1 who finished 98% and three finished 96%. All you need to do is to keep encouraging your child. Don't ever make it seem like she was cheated. She will be badly affected. That's my little advise.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by toprealman: 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2023
Herbiodun09:

I am quite happy this child will probably not grow old to be as stupid as u are really.

Typical of an ibo chest beating behaviour even when they have nothing upstairs.
How did ethnicity enter this conversation Mr ethnic bigot?
Stop hating what is bigger than you!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Bankyshinani(m): 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2023
Do you know the scores of those at 1st and 2nd position? Oga,abi u no go school ni.... No go embarrass urself for the school o

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by nihinlade(m): 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
You are instilling entitlement mentality in her, you are instilling non contentment in her as well. You are teaching her how to be a complainer and a cry cry babe and these habits can grow with her if you don't stop and correct it now.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Solsix(m): 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
Pray you don't meet a teacher like me. So it's must be your baby or no one else

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
Things like this sap off the remaining goodness in children and make them competitive and never content. This makes neighbours envy their progressing neighbours and permits all sort of rascality we are seeing today in society. We have a society of largely discontent and covetous people, who are largely unhappy about the progess of others.

I suggest you model your children to celebrate their wins rather than covet the positions of others. If you are sobbing as you claim, then she'll always be unhappy when others are ahead of her in any other endeavours as well, as she feels she must be the best.

In reality there will definitely be someone ahead of us in all the different aspects of life. So even though you are the richest, someone will probably be more handsome, more smarter or more eloquent.

Congratulations to the young girl and I pray she continues to excel in her academics and in other aspect of life.

PonziHater

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by XAUBulls: 12:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
WTH! This is absolutely ridiculous! 15 out of 19 subjects taken by a Nigerian pupil? In the Nordic countries of Norway, Denmark, Sweden, and other non-Nordic countries where education is functional and practical, children are NOT overloaded with high number of subjects like this. They still end up performing better in terms of school grades. That's a complete waste of time and mental energy to subject kids to 15 subjects just for the school proprietors to show off IMHO.

Things were not like this many decades back when we were in primary school right up to. primary 6.

Second @OP, your girl did very well though, and she shouldn't be put under pressure to take the first position in her class. She should take a break and enjoy the holidays before resumption starts in January 2024!

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by SKIBiNSKI(m): 12:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
Olodo parent. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Share Your 2014 Waec Result Here,lets Celebrate Or Comfort You / Photo Of First Primary School In Nigeria, Established in 1865 / UNN Students Place Juju In Front Of Lecturers Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.