Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,769 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! (42610 Views)

Anambra School Floors USA, Turkey To Win 1st Position In Another International C / Eksu Medical Students Shines, Clinches 1st Position / Landmark University Emerges 1st Position At CODET National Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Josephamstrong1(m): 9:27am On Dec 16, 2023
I don’t really understand some schools this days. My baby girl cleared all her subjects with distinction, all As and she was given 3rd position. She has been sobbing uncontrollably since yesterday. cry Yes, she was promised Christmas gifts and present if she takes first position in class this term.
I think she deserves the 1st position. I want to go to the school on Monday and appeal for result recheck. It can’t be!
I am not taking this o! My baby deserves 1st position with this result. cry cry

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by DSS1335: 9:32am On Dec 16, 2023
grin
Before rushing to embarrass yourself, know that 10 students can all clear that paper with A1. Positions, when there are ties amongst them will be determined by on the basis of the decimal places. For example, 95.2%, 95.3%, 95.1%, 95%, 95.8% etc. When rearranged on descending order, the 1st is 95.8%, 2nd 95.3%, 3rd is 95.2%.....
That's probably what plays out in your ward's school. So it's best you celebrate her achievement and fulfill your pledge as a way of encouraging her

1053 Likes 72 Shares

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by immortalcrown(m): 9:34am On Dec 16, 2023
Sir/Ma, stop disgracing yourself and stop raising your child with entitlement mentality.

The child's average score is 91.13. Abi you no see am? Who told you that 1st position is all about getting A1? 90 is A1, 95 is A1 and 100 is also A1. Will a child who scored 90 take 1st position when there is another person who scored 100?

Abi na bragging you take style dey brag?

714 Likes 54 Shares

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Oblongata: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2023
DSS1335:
grin
Before rushing to embarrass yourself, know that 10 students can all clear that paper with A1. Positions, when there are ties amongst them will be determined by on the basis of the decimal places. For example, 95.2%, 95.3%, 95.1%, 95%, 95.8% etc. When rearranged on descending order, the 1st is 95.8%, 2nd 95.3%, 3rd is 95.2%.....
That's probably what plays out in your ward's school. So it's best you celebrate her achievement and fulfill your pledge as a way of encouraging her

Dear Sir,

You shouldn't have wasted your time to give the OP an explanation that is so glaring! The OP is just making a subtle attempt at celebrating his/her ward.

Thank you.

Oblongata.

368 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by fiercehillz(m): 10:04am On Dec 16, 2023
Abeg which class be basic 6 again...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by DKM123: 10:19am On Dec 16, 2023
It only means the other two scored higher in overall marks than your child na. What's with the tears?

Some of this private schools that dole out A's just so the parents would continue to patronise the school... That's why they are hardly anywhere close to the winners in inter-school competitions yet have 999/1000 in thier school work. No be JuJu be that?

Look at the part for skills ratings. What's the probability that that section is entirely the same 3-marks ratings and the other psychomotor section is entirely 1-mark rating?
They should have just left that place blank instead of the obvious fake rating they gave.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Nicepoker(m): 10:53am On Dec 16, 2023
Go and get embarrassed grin

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Achor1111(m): 11:21am On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
I don’t really understand some schools this days. My baby girl cleared all her subjects with distinction, all As and she was given 3rd position. She has been sobbing uncontrollably since yesterday. cry Yes, she was promised Christmas gifts and present if she takes first position in class this term.
I think she deserves the 1st position. I want to go to the school on Monday and appeal for result recheck. It can’t be!
For you to think your ward was cheated on, and is above the first and second position.........
I have nothing to tell you.
Just go and disgrace yourself, don't forget to update us

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Herbiodun09: 11:57am On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

I am quite happy this child will probably not grow old to be as stupid as u are really.

Typical of an ibo chest beating behaviour even when they have nothing upstairs.

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by LooneyLester: 11:57am On Dec 16, 2023
Forking kys fahgot
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by harsysky(m): 11:59am On Dec 16, 2023
I didn't read your comment seriously. Most parents are flattered by first position and it's always good if a child maintains that energy. What would I want for my child other than first position? Consistency, determination and growth mindset. First position is a trap in primary schools as the teachers can give it to those who can defend it a lil bit ,and their parents tip them often.

I want my child to know that education never stops even when first position stops. That's where you the parent come in. Revise the exam with your kid. Take him or her in all the sessions he passed or failed and imbibe in them the mindset to know that a failure today can be worked upon to become a success tomorrow.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Rexymania(m): 12:03pm On Dec 16, 2023
Have you seen the results of the kids that took first and second? Calm down

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Rexymania(m): 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
fiercehillz:
primary 6...

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by NFBI: 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
Use pen to write 1st for her since you know more than the teacher 🙄

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by saddler: 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2023
undecided
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by MuslimIgbo: 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2023
Mumu

Either you're attention seeker or PREMIUM OLODO!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by free2ryhme: 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

with this display i am forced to ask how old are you?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by ural2015: 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2023
OP, you should remember that someone's baby carried last position and they paid the same tuition grin grin grin

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by GloriousGbola: 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

This is how you get a Mmesoma.

Though I think this is really a humble brag on your part.

Well done to your pikin.

23 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by AfroBeatDiary: 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2023
DSS1335:
grin

You nailed it, I hope Gen Z mum understands.

15 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by sageb: 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2023
DSS1335:
grin

That's the formula

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by blamingthedevil: 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

Mumu parent , be putting unnecessary pressure on your child. Do you know the aggregate scores of other students that took 1st and 2nd position compared with your child?

15 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by joebeckz(m): 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2023
I wonder if this is show off or you just wanting to be ignorant.
3 pupils could all clear their exams with A's.
You went to a university or had people around you go right? You don't know the decimals /fractions?

Example: 4.89, 4.90, 5.00.

Your child has done well. They are all winners but not all of them can be first so the fractions come into play.

Encourage that genius by fulfilling the promise. Simple.

Or is the principal on nairaland that you come here asking for the first position?

Some parents are quite infuriating. cry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by ATEAMS: 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2023
Hmm
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by CJStarz: 12:15pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
These days,not this days.
No go dat school go embarrass yourself o

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by SALLYBERRY01(m): 12:15pm On Dec 16, 2023
OK
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Highways: 12:15pm On Dec 16, 2023
You just wan take style tell us your kid get 15 As, after you have bribed the teachers

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Winterhaven(m): 12:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by TheGift: 12:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

How did you arrive at this conclusion? Have you examined the computation of all the results from Her class?

Better thank God she Is smart and stop putting her under that undue pressure of comparison and unhealthy competition. Your daughter is crying and you are supporting her tears, instead of encouraging her, celebrating her and getting her the gift she deserves. Na wa!

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology / Direct Entry Courses For SLT (science Lab Tech) / Photo Of First Primary School In Nigeria, Established in 1865

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.