Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! (42633 Views)

Anambra School Floors USA, Turkey To Win 1st Position In Another International C / Eksu Medical Students Shines, Clinches 1st Position / Landmark University Emerges 1st Position At CODET National Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by AncientAlien(m): 3:58pm On Dec 16, 2023
That's 1367 over 1500. Some colleagues must have beat him/her hands down with marks above your kid's total mark. That's how it works in elementary schools.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Realist777: 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2023
Oblongata:

Dear Sir,

You shouldn't have wasted your time to give the OP an explanation that is so glaring! The OP is just making a subtle attempt at celebrating his/her ward.

Thank you.

Oblongata.
Oblo wetin?
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Rejouir: 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
I don’t really understand some schools this days. My baby girl cleared all her subjects with distinction, all As and she was given 3rd position. She has been sobbing uncontrollably since yesterday. cry Yes, she was promised Christmas gifts and present if she takes first position in class this term.
I think she deserves the 1st position. I want to go to the school on Monday and appeal for result recheck. It can’t be!
I am not taking this o! My baby deserves 1st position with this result. cry cry
Oga you have a block head, because obviously she didn't get this her knowledge from you. Obviously from your wife. 🤦
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Anonimoux: 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2023
DSS1335:
grin
Before rushing to embarrass yourself, know that 10 students can all clear that paper with A1. Positions, when there are ties amongst them will be determined by on the basis of the decimal places. For example, 95.2%, 95.3%, 95.1%, 95%, 95.8% etc. When rearranged on descending order, the 1st is 95.8%, 2nd 95.3%, 3rd is 95.2%.....
That's probably what plays out in your ward's school. So it's best you celebrate her achievement and fulfill your pledge as a way of encouraging her
My thoughts exactly.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Anonimoux: 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
immortalcrown:
Sir/Ma, stop disgracing yourself and stop raising your child with entitlement mentality.

The child's average score is 91.13. Abi you no see am? Who told you that 1st position is all about getting A1? 90 is A1, 95 is A1 and 100 is also A1. Will a child who scored 90 take 1st position when there is another person who scored 100?

Abi na bragging you take style dey brag?
I wonder.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Anonimoux: 4:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
This is why it's best not to put positions in results. All these unhealthy competitions ain't necessary.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by stigman(m): 4:40pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
I don’t really understand some schools this days. My baby girl cleared all her subjects with distinction, all As and she was given 3rd position. She has been sobbing uncontrollably since yesterday. cry Yes, she was promised Christmas gifts and present if she takes first position in class this term.
I think she deserves the 1st position. I want to go to the school on Monday and appeal for result recheck. It can’t be!

Oga rest, do you know if others scored above 90 in all the subjects

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by observanc1: 4:41pm On Dec 16, 2023
gidjah:
Nairalanders oo!! Lots of us here are seriously crazy to d walls! What's all this heavy bashings and negative energy about over the daddy's contentions?WHY NOT just ASK 'DADDY' TO GO MAKE DUE ENQUIRIES AT D SCHOOL AND GET THINGS TRUELY RATIFIED IF THERE ARE VARIATIONS ? PLS LETS ENCOURAGE D FATHER TO DO D RIGHT THING RATHER THAN CHOKE HIM with all this negative vibes and jabs.My daugher in d senior class came home
with a result of this nature,i sense favoritism in d school which has always been the norms if you are in this schools with one major tribe from d same local govt.The fomer staff that left this office I am occupying told me about this same occurrence and situation my daughter found her self for almost 3years now.I saw lots of irregularity in the markings of her scripts but since I do not have full information on me and also been a stake holder in tbe teaching field with well over two decades experience, I just would keep calm about it.I have been to the school it self for like three times over plenty irregularities and PTA meetings and noticed that the best for my daughter is to relocate entirely out of this state since this same school boasts as d best in this LGA! So it is just best we stay calm untill she leaves this LGA ,ignoring them and the witch hunting and one sided favoritism. I ALSO ENCOURAGED MY DAUGHTER TO KEEP IT UP AND IGNORE THIER LOPSIDEDNESS, "WE WOULD BE FLYING AWAY FROM THIS STATE IN LIKE 6MONTHS OR LESS ", ' SO PLS TRY AND COPE while KEEPING AT YOUR BEST '.That was my candid advice to a lil bit worried but strong hearted daughter of mine.Let d father go and make out findings for him self then make good decisions let's not crucify d dad abeg.
what enquiries and ratification is he going to make in the school? Results are ratified by the school board before publishing and given to the pupils. And they scrutinise the results well and ask questions before approving because they know that some parents like the Op will come creating scenes.
In my children's school, the average score that comes 1st is usually from 96% +. Average of 91% in the school will come like 5th or 6th.
The child's report card was very good. Distinction. The Op should celebrate his child rather than threatening to go to the school and make a fool of himself or herself.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by finallybusy: 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
I no get pikin and I happy as I dey. Na those wey choose to burden themselves get time for this topic.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by aquame: 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
Go there and disgrace yourself now
Josephamstrong1:

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by observanc1: 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
as you know your child's score, do u know the scores of the other children in her class?
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by goldmatrix(m): 5:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
Rush to school as an illiterate instead of celebrating the kid.. Is there no differences between 91. 2 and even 91.3 etc?

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Franzinni: 5:15pm On Dec 16, 2023
Oga go and do DNA test ... E get why

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by oneman2k7: 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
Village people watching in 3D

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by ifinger: 5:49pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
no

You are naive madam u don't look at the distinction alone look at the total score per subject

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by LordReed(m): 6:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
DKM123:
It only means the other two scored higher in overall marks than your child na. What's with the tears?

Some of this private schools that dole out A's just so the parents would continue to patronise the school... That's why they are hardly anywhere close to the winners in inter-school competitions yet have 999/1000 in thier school work. No be JuJu be that?

Look at the part for skills ratings. What's the probability that that section is entirely the same 3-marks ratings and the other psychomotor section is entirely 1-mark rating?
They should have just left that place blank instead of the obvious fake rating they gave.

That skills rating makes it look faked. The ratings legend doesn't include tick marks as part of the rating system so it makes me suspect the OP just cooked this up for some fun. I could be wrong though.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Joy2dworldxyz: 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2023
Why should they give ur child 1st when all he/she got was A1, so what will the give the students that got A9?
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by McStoic(m): 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2023
DSS1335:
grin
Before rushing to embarrass yourself, know that 10 students can all clear that paper with A1. Positions, when there are ties amongst them will be determined by on the basis of the decimal places. For example, 95.2%, 95.3%, 95.1%, 95%, 95.8% etc. When rearranged on descending order, the 1st is 95.8%, 2nd 95.3%, 3rd is 95.2%.....
That's probably what plays out in your ward's school. So it's best you celebrate her achievement and fulfill your pledge as a way of encouraging her

Wisely fixed!!
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by SonofGod231: 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2023
This is 2023 not 1823.
What if the first two students had upper A1's?
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Funflipper: 6:32pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

Have you seen the results of those that came 1st and 2nd. Typical nigerians always in a hurry to spew trash because they think they are the best in everything.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by nlreserve: 6:35pm On Dec 16, 2023
You made sense in the first line of your comment but in the second line, you showed that you are not different from the OP.
Herbiodun09:

I am quite happy this child will probably not grow old to be as stupid as u are really.

Typical of an ibo chest beating behaviour even when they have nothing upstairs.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

Lol😂
I know you are making a sarcasm with your emojis. To be sincere, your daughter needs to keep it up. Please encourage her not to relent, and she should not digress or be distracted. This is an awesome feat. I'm even proud of her.

P. S: Please train her well on other aspect (especially on things which are not really taught in schools)

Emotionally Quotient
Social Quotient
Adversity Quotient

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Fearyourcreator: 7:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
DSS1335:
grin
Gave the 800th like
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by brainhgeek(m): 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

What exactly are you fuming over? You are the one giving that girl undue psychological trauma and sending her into depression. The school has neither helped. In this time and age, they still rank students with positions. They failed!
Mr. Oga, train your child to compete against herself. Teach her to become become a better version of herself and not a prototype of someone else. No university will ask you what position you took in secondary school. What they want to see is what grades are you coming with. Wake up man! Get that girl the gift you promised and encourage her to do better than that average next semester

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Herbiodun09: 9:00pm On Dec 16, 2023
To all the e-diots that responded to me. Waka i dont send una
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Herbiodun09: 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2023
YourKarma:

there's absolutely nothing in the post to show the OP's tribe but you just had to drag Igbos into this.

You're just as daft as the OP

Ofcos u cant see it. So who is the daft one
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Herbiodun09: 9:02pm On Dec 16, 2023
Princedapace:

U have carried tribalism into it. Bro, there is absolutely nothing wrong with chest beating. I have asked many yorubas what the crime of an igbo person, they always point to chest beating. How can u have problem with a person who is making mouth or chest beating? Like how?
Is that really ur issue? People over hype them selves all over the world. From North Koreans to Americans, to Germans, to even Yorubas.
I wonder why yoruba chest beat, it is normal, Igbo chest beat, it becomes abnormal.
U should have more issues to worry about such as lack of electricity, poor state of Naija healthcare, terrible federal and state roads across the nation, kidnapping by herdsmen and brutal detsructions of farm lands by hersmen. Not about someone chest beating. That chest beating adds or takes nothing from me.
From the post, it is obvious the guy was just being sacastic. Even if he wasnt, why is this an issue that u have to drag Igbo into it?
Abi them swear for una for this forum? Like, an ethnic group that doesnt attack ur village, is not the cause of poor electricity in Nigeria, etc, yet, una carry them for head like gala.
Come on, Nigeria has been led by mainly Yorubas and northerners for the past 60 years and the both regions couldnt turn our country or their regions to compete with even Cape Town, south africa. We still dont have stable electricity all over the country, I think the both regions should be ashamed and quiet sef for wasting 60 years of Nigeria for nothing grin

U typed all these? Who is going to read it?
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Larrydasilva(m): 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2023
[color=#990000][/color] angry[url][/url] undecided
Herbiodun09:

How is that my business
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Melagros(m): 11:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
ural2015:
OP, you should remember that someone's baby carried last position and they paid the same tuition grin grin grin
I wonder oo

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Melagros(m): 11:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
CJStarz:

These days,not this days.
No go dat school go embarrass yourself o
God bless you brother, another error 'my baby girl' instead of 'my daughter'

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Melagros(m): 11:26pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
Formal my daughter not my baby girl

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lecturing Grades Levels In Nigeria / "The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results / Share Your 2014 Waec Result Here,lets Celebrate Or Comfort You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.