Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! (42606 Views)

Anambra School Floors USA, Turkey To Win 1st Position In Another International C / Eksu Medical Students Shines, Clinches 1st Position / Landmark University Emerges 1st Position At CODET National Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Unclefemolala(m): 12:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
Clout chaser, just say you came here to brag she got 15As and we will congratulate her jeje instead of this mumuness.

You saw the average score of 91% ,common sense would say there are students with higher marks

Your talk can hold water only if she has 100% and got 3rd.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by whippersnapper(m): 12:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
OP just wants to go and embarrass his/her lineage
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by kapelvej: 12:26pm On Dec 16, 2023
Congratulations to your brilliant child! Madam, please let us celebrate this beautiful performance.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Princedapace(m): 12:26pm On Dec 16, 2023
Herbiodun09:

I am quite happy this child will probably not grow old to be as stupid as u are really.

Typical of an ibo chest beating behaviour even when they have nothing upstairs.

U have carried tribalism into it. Bro, there is absolutely nothing wrong with chest beating. I have asked many yorubas what the crime of an igbo person, they always point to chest beating. How can u have problem with a person who is making mouth or chest beating? Like how?
Is that really ur issue? People over hype them selves all over the world. From North Koreans to Americans, to Germans, to even Yorubas.
I wonder why yoruba chest beat, it is normal, Igbo chest beat, it becomes abnormal.
U should have more issues to worry about such as lack of electricity, poor state of Naija healthcare, terrible federal and state roads across the nation, kidnapping by herdsmen and brutal detsructions of farm lands by hersmen. Not about someone chest beating. That chest beating adds or takes nothing from me.
From the post, it is obvious the guy was just being sacastic. Even if he wasnt, why is this an issue that u have to drag Igbo into it?
Abi them swear for una for this forum? Like, an ethnic group that doesnt attack ur village, is not the cause of poor electricity in Nigeria, etc, yet, una carry them for head like gala.
Come on, Nigeria has been led by mainly Yorubas and northerners for the past 60 years and the both regions couldnt turn our country or their regions to compete with even Cape Town, south africa. We still dont have stable electricity all over the country, I think the both regions should be ashamed and quiet sef for wasting 60 years of Nigeria for nothing grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by HopeGying: 12:27pm On Dec 16, 2023
You're probably an illiterate or a drop out. Don't go an disgrace yourself as the first commentator warned.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by azukaegopeter(m): 12:27pm On Dec 16, 2023
It's the class after basic 5. Continue asking.....
fiercehillz:
Abeg which class be basic 6 again...

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Natbrowny: 12:27pm On Dec 16, 2023
Positions is a scam.

My niece got 80% as her least scores and was given 15th out of 20 students

I looked at her percentage in each subject instead of. Position.

It means more people got 81% to 100%..i mean the 1st to 14th position.

Her mum was judging based on position

I sat my niece down and told her i was proud of her. And promised some incentives for a better one next time.

She smiled and was happy.. Meanwhile d mama wey no just get sense aint happy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by FreeStuffsNG: 12:28pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
I don’t really understand some schools this days. My baby girl cleared all her subjects with distinction, all As and she was given 3rd position. She has been sobbing uncontrollably since yesterday. cry Yes, she was promised Christmas gifts and present if she takes first position in class this term.
I think she deserves the 1st position. I want to go to the school on Monday and appeal for result recheck. It can’t be!
I am not taking this o! My baby deserves 1st position with this result. cry cry
It's not by fight and protests o. You have to approach it intellectually.

Request for her scripts first then go through the marking meticulously.

I know someone who has had a similar experience in the past ,we went through the scripts line by line meticulously, found answers she got right but was erroneously penalized then summed up the points before we took it to the school. It took a while and few letters before the school admitted the errors and our daughter was eventually given her well-deserved 1st place and prizes.

This is the job of a parent and I really wish every parent takes this task seriously. Check my signature for free stuffs!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by zedegit: 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
I don’t really understand some schools this days. My baby girl cleared all her subjects with distinction, all As and she was given 3rd position. She has been sobbing uncontrollably since yesterday. cry Yes, she was promised Christmas gifts and present if she takes first position in class this term.
I think she deserves the 1st position. I want to go to the school on Monday and appeal for result recheck. It can’t be!

Like someone above said, gift your child whatever you said you'll gift her nonetheless not taking first position.

It's not everything you rush to school for.

Nowadays it's not about book knowledge. Enroll her to acquire some skills this holiday.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Dollyak(f): 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
I personally think putting rank on children's academic achievement damages children. I think Nigeria and Africans are the ones that mostly does this.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Basildvalour(m): 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
You could only go to school and carry out your subtle protest if she had scored 100% in all of the 15 subjects. But if that's not the case, you'd only go there to embarrass yourself.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Burgermotors: 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
This op I think is a member of APC

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Bluntemperor: 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
DSS1335:
grin
Before rushing to embarrass yourself, know that 10 students can all clear that paper with A1. Positions, when there are ties amongst them will be determined by on the basis of the decimal places. For example, 95.2%, 95.3%, 95.1%, 95%, 95.8% etc. When rearranged on descending order, the 1st is 95.8%, 2nd 95.3%, 3rd is 95.2%.....
That's probably what plays out in your ward's school. So it's best you celebrate her achievement and fulfill your pledge as a way of encouraging her

GBAM!😀😂
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Josephamstrong1(m): 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
CJStarz:

These days,not this days.
No go dat school go embarrass yourself o
Thanks for noting that.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by VaginaAcademic: 12:31pm On Dec 16, 2023
Me i don't even regard the position its the grades that matters
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by zedegit: 12:32pm On Dec 16, 2023
NFBI:
Use pen to write 1st for her since you know more than the teacher 🙄

Werey.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Britishpea: 12:33pm On Dec 16, 2023
Some people are just idiots honestly. What should we do about this rubbish? Those subjects that he scored 80,90,82 etc some pupils could score up 95 to 100.

However, are we the school or the teachers that you are telling us about it? Are we supposed to help you contest it in the said school? Effects of educated illiterates having access to social media , internet and smart phone. This is how u raise another Mmesoma by making the child feel more of herself instead of her to be allowed to operate on her lane.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Edusouls(m): 12:34pm On Dec 16, 2023
Na so dem Dey pamper their kids, I don start tomorrow person don go suffer am
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by spinna: 12:34pm On Dec 16, 2023
Is that the lesson you want to pass on to your daughter..to be a sore loser without a spirit of sportsmanship.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Lotorino: 12:35pm On Dec 16, 2023
Oga, their grading system is boldly written on the report card!!!! The A's system was introduced by wace and not schools.
DKM123:
It only means the other two scored higher in overall marks than your child na. What's with the tears?

Some of this private schools that dole out A's just so the parents would continue to patronise the school... That's why they are hardly anywhere close to the winners in inter-school competitions yet have 999/1000 in thier school work. No be JuJu be that?

Look at the part for ratings. What's the probability that one section is entirely the same 3-marks ratings and the other section is entirely 1-mark rating?
They should have just left that place blank instead of the obvious fake rating they gave.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by adecz: 12:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
Looks like you aren't as sharp as
your daughter, because what happened
was simply that the 1st & 2nd
had higher total scores..

Helllllloo❗️❗️❗️❗️
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by oxygeng: 12:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
this one be like INEC result.
wrtten
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by udemzyudex(m): 12:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
Omo una dey carry this clout chasing go another level oo.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:39pm On Dec 16, 2023
free2ryhme:

with this display i am forced to ask how old are you?
Lol! 10 years old.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Abujaexpress: 12:40pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
Go there and embarrass yourself. Taking a look at the school, I just discover fundamental lapses in the result sheet
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Omoobong1(m): 12:41pm On Dec 16, 2023
This is exactly what happened to me in my primary school days, we had so many brilliant pupils in my class, your child can't even come close to top 5 with this result. It was that serious that we used to have a tie.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Beuberry(f): 12:41pm On Dec 16, 2023
DSS1335:
grin
Before rushing to embarrass yourself, know that 10 students can all clear that paper with A1. Positions, when there are ties amongst them will be determined by on the basis of the decimal places. For example, 95.2%, 95.3%, 95.1%, 95%, 95.8% etc. When rearranged on descending order, the 1st is 95.8%, 2nd 95.3%, 3rd is 95.2%.....
That's probably what plays out in your ward's school. So it's best you celebrate her achievement and fulfill your pledge as a way of encouraging her
Lmao 🤣 You don wound the op!
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Alfred200825(m): 12:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

The World would be a much better place if we let our children know that there is nothing wrong with failure
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Omoboricash(m): 12:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
DSS1335:
grin
Let him go and disgrace himself. Your child had A1 in all her subject do not mean he or she should take first position.
From 70 to 100 is A's. I checked ur child result he had 80s in most of his or her subjects. If other children had 90s in all their subject what are u gonna do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology / Direct Entry Courses For SLT (science Lab Tech) / Photo Of First Primary School In Nigeria, Established in 1865

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.