Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,672 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! (42609 Views)

Anambra School Floors USA, Turkey To Win 1st Position In Another International C / Eksu Medical Students Shines, Clinches 1st Position / Landmark University Emerges 1st Position At CODET National Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by kkins25(m): 2:20pm On Dec 16, 2023
immortalcrown:
Sir/Ma, stop disgracing yourself and stop raising your child with entitlement mentality.

The child's average score is 91.13. Abi you no see am? Who told you that 1st position is all about getting A1? 90 is A1, 95 is A1 and 100 is also A1. Will a child who scored 90 take 1st position when there is another person who scored 100?

Abi na bragging you take style dey brag?

It's the bragging for me....
Op no worry, Insha Allah, our turn go soon come.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by bamirotola: 2:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
I don’t really understand some schools this days. My baby girl cleared all her subjects with distinction, all As and she was given 3rd position. She has been sobbing uncontrollably since yesterday. cry Yes, she was promised Christmas gifts and present if she takes first position in class this term.
I think she deserves the 1st position. I want to go to the school on Monday and appeal for result recheck. It can’t be!
I am not taking this o! My baby deserves 1st position with this result. cry cry

Result of dumb parenting ... you better sir your ass at home before you disgrace your lineage

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Sucre7: 2:23pm On Dec 16, 2023
In schools your overall average determines your position. 91.% is a fair result, but I don't think it's good enough for 1st position unless the class is full of dunces and you daughter is the brightest.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by pixypixs(m): 2:23pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
I don’t really understand some schools this days. My baby girl cleared all her subjects with distinction, all As and she was given 3rd position. She has been sobbing uncontrollably since yesterday. cry Yes, she was promised Christmas gifts and present if she takes first position in class this term.
I think she deserves the 1st position. I want to go to the school on Monday and appeal for result recheck. It can’t be!

My daughter's average is 91.6,she came out 6th in the class ,and I simply understand that there's a lot of competition in that class which is good for her development.In a nutshell, careless about the position and the "15 As" ,think about average,that's what define your child's ability and progress.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Trustmea: 2:27pm On Dec 16, 2023
Herbiodun09:

I am quite happy this child will probably not grow old to be as stupid as u are really.

Typical of an ibo chest beating behaviour even when they have nothing upstairs.
Useless ofe mmanu miscreant must u involve Igbo in all ur statement. Wawa banza

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by WantsandMore: 2:34pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
your baby's total is 1,367 before shouting ontop of your lungs, confirm the total fo 1st & 2nd position.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by olaodun: 2:34pm On Dec 16, 2023
Private schools with the overrated marks to get school fees from parents

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by yommen: 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
immortalcrown:
Sir/Ma, stop disgracing yourself and stop raising your child with entitlement mentality.

The child's average score is 91.13. Abi you no see am? Who told you that 1st position is all about getting A1? 90 is A1, 95 is A1 and 100 is also A1. Will a child who scored 90 take 1st position when there is another person who scored 100?

Abi na bragging you take style dey brag?

Everything you explained here was what Obi was claiming though. Obidients, unna see wetin in cause?
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by bamac(m): 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
This is how envy, jealousy, strife and the rest starts.

What happens to letting that child knows the reality of life and how to accept what she has gotten because there are others still striving to be the head as well and then spoil her silly for that excellent performance. People sha!

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Mrsoft3(m): 2:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

With the way this man talk na the mama iq the daughter get

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Coronavirus1: 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2023
Don't worry about the posstion just be satisfied with the grade and move on who first help
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by observanc1: 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2023
fiercehillz:
Abeg which class be basic 6 again...
primary 6 naa. Abi there is no longer primary 6?
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Error401: 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2023
Having 15As does not mean shes the best. The aggregate score matters. She had 91% performance, other kids might also have 15As with 95% performance

Josephamstrong1:

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by MSN1(m): 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
Typical parents i encountered some years back.
Y do we have a lot of educated illiterates?

So u don't know that scoring 98% in all subjects can still take u to 5th position?

Please go there and fool yourself, since u think having good grades and someone having a better grade, while someone, having an excellent grade, cannot take your baby to 3rd position.

This result sef can take a pupil to even 8th position in a school that is filled with gurus.
Imagine having 80's, when the least you could see in some pupils result is 97?, NA WA 4 UNA!.

Instead of appreciating your baby's success, you are killing her spirit with 1st, 2nd, 3rd mentality.
When u ought to know that; Even 1 mark difference could be the reason here and grades doesn't determing knowledge or I.Q, i wonder, if u guys read or know about basic things in life sef.

You guys should learn to apply wisdom in your dealings.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Rajosh(m): 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

They should give her 1st position because the other two that had higher marks and better average are less privileged abi?

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Error401: 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2023
Na werey full this nairaland oooo

grin grin grin grin grin u no get chill at all?
NFBI:
Use pen to write 1st for her since you know more than the teacher 🙄
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by dettolgel: 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2023
op na olodo, I pity those wasting their time advising her.

Let her go to the school and embarrass herself. grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Invest4growth: 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2023
You had better not waste your time in going to the school. In a class someone must come first. The best measure of performance is to study how your child performs in subjects. For me I don't look at position. I consider the subjects and overall average. For every A scored, I have a particular amount I give my children. Only A please. Not B or B+. It makes the competition easier. I am never interested in position in Class and nothing will change it.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
Mrsoft3:

With the way this man talk na the mama iq the daughter get
Hahahah,🤣🤣🤣be calming down, oga!
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Coly2012(m): 3:09pm On Dec 16, 2023
Herbiodun09:

I am quite happy this child will probably not grow old to be as stupid as u are really.

What if the OP is not Igbo? And it's funny hearing that igbos have nothing upstairs, I wounder were you are from and your low self-esteem. yes the op made a mistake but you ended up disgracing yourself and all that you represent.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Gentlesoul2021(m): 3:09pm On Dec 16, 2023
DSS1335:
grin
Before rushing to embarrass yourself, know that 10 students can all clear that paper with A1. Positions, when there are ties amongst them will be determined by on the basis of the decimal places. For example, 95.2%, 95.3%, 95.1%, 95%, 95.8% etc. When rearranged on descending order, the 1st is 95.8%, 2nd 95.3%, 3rd is 95.2%.....
That's probably what plays out in your ward's school. So it's best you celebrate her achievement and fulfill your pledge as a way of encouraging her

Lol. Rush to embarrass got me 🤣
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by DrObum(m): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
On top assessments wey una dey do for the children instead of showing them how to do it
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by thatigboman: 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2023
Herbiodun09:

typical yoruba man. Very wicked and very jealous. You are jealous of the Op because his child has achieved a feat that no one in your generation can ever dream of achieving.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by MrJamesx007: 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2023
This better be a show off. 🤨🤨🤨
Cos you're sounding like a dullard
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by cybergawd: 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2023
Exactly what am about to explain to her. She just wan
denge pose, unless she's ignorant and a novice, too. We have very smart kids these days.

You got it well explained.

DSS1335:
grin
Before rushing to embarrass yourself, know that 10 students can all clear that paper with A1. Positions, when there are ties amongst them will be determined by on the basis of the decimal places. For example, 95.2%, 95.3%, 95.1%, 95%, 95.8% etc. When rearranged on descending order, the 1st is 95.8%, 2nd 95.3%, 3rd is 95.2%.....
That's probably what plays out in your ward's school. So it's best you celebrate her achievement and fulfill your pledge as a way of encouraging her
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Oomardesigns: 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2023
Baba rest o...no go disgrace yourself. Check the score in all subjects and the percentage also. Its clear that there are brilliant students in your daughters class. Gift her wetin you wan gift her, she tried wella
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Akharmony: 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
B playing.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Mamayam: 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2023
When I was in basic 6, I would take first position with 96+% average. So 3rd position is right for 91%.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by 77up(m): 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2023
Go to school to do what exactly? To create a scene so that 1st position be withdrawn from that other kid and be given to yours? Haba. I'm sure this op is only catching cruise, probably showing off the statement.

Your baby really tried but it's obvious another kids in the class surpassed her, encourage her to do more next time and don't forget to fulfill the promise for her.

God bless our kids !
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

This is how you create unnecessary pressure on your child to become who they shouldn't be.

By the way, what's so special about taking 1st position in class?

How many 1st position takers are presidents and PMs?

Taking first position is overrated in my opinion.
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by SPAMBOX7: 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2023
Josephamstrong1:
I see 80, 82, 86 and 89 in her scores

What if the first and second positions don't have scores under 80s but 90s only.
Simple math could have prevented this thread. Or could it be you don't understand simple math or you just looking for attention. Lol
Re: I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! by Kennydoc(m): 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2023
Herbiodun09:

How on earth did tribe enter this post? Some of you will soon run insane with this stupid tribalism.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology / Direct Entry Courses For SLT (science Lab Tech) / Photo Of First Primary School In Nigeria, Established in 1865

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.