Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner (66729 Views)

"Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video / From Bank Interview Shaming To American Company Job / Access Bank Manager Seizes A Staff’s Phone - Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Bfly: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2023
Bank manager or cleaner. Wetin dey important to him na money. He goes where he gets more money l.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by MightySparrow: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2023
bolabizzle:
Just got word from a friend about someone who made the move from being a bank manager in Nigeria to working as a skyscraper cleaner in the UK. 😕

Smart move or not?

While working in the cold another man is servicing his wife here.

Wetin Nigerians no go see for this life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by humberjade: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2023
Well, he will sure be making times 3 or 4 of what he was making as a bank back in Nigeria. So make una just rest, for jobs with high risks, comes more money.

His life his choice
Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Fiscus105(m): 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2023
Igbe lowo wa.( Na inside bush monkey dey)

U ask urself,how u u safe as bank manager and how u safe as a cleaner.
Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by steeltrust: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2023
The way you guys are so quick to castigate this japa thing as if you’ve been there and thirst the experience or I’ll say na jealousy 😂🤣

When you go uk or usa theirs what we call transitioning with time he will get a better job
But for now let him do this to keep body and soul together

Before you go into the job market over here you need to get some certifications or maybe associate degree cause sometimes they don’t accept our degrees from third world countries cause they know education is shabby over there, and with time you will start moving up the ladder, latest two years I bet you, you won’t know this guy. If for example your in the informal sector, like truck driving, plumbing etc. In six months with the right certification will be earning better than your bank manager or oil worker. Don’t be deceived
If them tell you how much them de pay am for that glass em de clean, you self no fit get that kind pay as a p.a to dangote or free lancer with foreign client no fit receive am

De play 😂🤣

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by ehissi(m): 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
papyjaypaul:

That's one of the top paying jobs abroad because of the safety risk. To clean window no be small and if it makes you happy, good. Nigeria should let people be paid for their skills so unemployment can reduce. I wish Seun pays jobless people here to help the economy.

To those who always judge japa, many of you suffer from low self esteem. The land is green where you water the grass. If Naija bad for your eye, everything you do go bad, u no go see good thing there. Focus on your life wherever you are and stop wasting your time worrying about others.

I promise you, they are not considered as skilled workers and aren't paid as much.

Some care workers make way more than that.

Note, that figure stated is annual salary.

He was probably better off collecting #350,000 - #500,000 as a Branch manager than running overseas, except he has a plan to upgrade his qualifications and get better jobs offers, he isn't living his best life at the moment

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by erico2k2(m): 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
PHIPEX:
Am sure you know this is not true, there is something called HMO, let's not defend anything to justify hard life abroad
I agree, but cos of knowledge of how pensioneers are not paid in Nigeria that HMO is dead as it is applied for!

2 Likes

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by TheGift: 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
bolabizzle:
Just got word from a friend about someone who made the move from being a bank manager in Nigeria to working as a skyscraper cleaner in the UK. 😕

Smart move or not?

In many cases, Japa is looking like the Second Slavery Fela spoke about .

2 Likes

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Henry22(m): 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
The thing is as a banker in Nigeria without any other skills, when you japa you are not different from those cleaning pools
Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Ekpekus(m): 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2023
bolabizzle:

Smart move or not?
Give him 3-5 years, he won't be a cleaner... FYI, skyscrapers cleaners earn well but risky job.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by kunleham(m): 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2023
LooneyLester:
At least he falls sick he'll get a benefitting health care
What if he falls down and die, he'll surely get a befitting burial.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by observanc1: 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2023
Available9:

And what will become of him at 60 years over there ? Hahahahah...he will be thinking of coming back home and by that time his colleagues who retired well as bankers in Nigeria would have left him far behind in life
u think he clean skycrappers till he's 60? Once he studies in UK and gets UK certificate, he will get a better job

1 Like

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Lifestone(m): 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2023
SensualMan:
Funny how 80% of those Japaa'ing as u guys term it in Nigeria are all yoruba people grin

On the other hand, this Bola mandate seems to be favouring the Igbos and every Igbo man is cashing out, spending money like water in the Bola Administration.

My question is: Does it mean this Administration is not favouring the yoruba clownish tribe?

Has Bola turned his back on his people?

How come the people that were supposed to be taught severe lessons are the head teachers now?

Questions wey no geti answer.
This chest beating. Hannnn !!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by 1TrippleCee: 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2023
Adakintroy:
When black man think of the west they think of joining the white man on the throne immediately. Were as the reality is that you go straight down to the the base in line with intellectual/ financial pecking order.

You were the smartest man in your village maybe. But here in the city, you just another village man.

The most wicked comment I have seen in the past decade. What a wicked human being you are grin
Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by kkins25(m): 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2023
he be up there singing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4__E77V5FQY

"[Chorus]
And I don't owe nobody in the world no favors
I started from the basement made it to the skyscrapers
I'm a successful nigga, I got shit going on
I'm a successful Don, I got shit going on
Said, "I don't owe nobody in the world no favors"
I started from[b] the basement made it [/b] to the skyscrapers
I'm a successful nigga, I got shit going on
I'm a s[b]uccessful Don,[/b] I got shit going on "
Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by motionarena: 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Soft life to hard life.

I guess when he got there and saw the pile of bills staring him in the face he had no choice but to grab the next available job.

If you are gainfully employed in naija, you don't need to japa. Japa is someone who has no hope of ever getting a job in Nigeria. He'll appreciate any kind of job he finds there.

Keep saying rubbish.

He will be far better off as skyscraper cleaner in UK.

How much are even bank managers paid theses days
Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Great0ne1: 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2023
bolabizzle:

Smart move or not?
As long as his family didn't relocate with him. He is probably earning more and saving more than he was, when he was in nigeria. A branch manager here in nigeria may earn between #550,000 and #900,000 per month. While his skyscraper cleaning job may earn him £2750 per month. He can live in studio apartment, which may cost £800 per month. Then £500 for his nigeria family upkeep and £450 for his upkeep here in uk. The man may well be saving upto £1k every month. That is #1,500,000 per month in savings . Trust me, he took a good decision.
Some fools that have never had #500,000, are laughing at him, in the comment section. Fools that should be out on the streets protesting against there criminal government.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by planetx: 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2023
papyjaypaul:

That's one of the top paying jobs abroad because of the safety risk. To clean window no be small and if it makes you happy, good. Nigeria should let people be paid for their skills so unemployment can reduce. I wish Seun pays jobless people here to help the economy.

To those who always judge japa, many of you suffer from low self esteem. The land is green where you water the grass. If Naija bad for your eye, everything you do go bad, u no go see good thing there. Focus on your life wherever you are and stop wasting your time worrying about others.
Top paying job my ass, actually they are paid basically a little above minimum wage. You are basically a cleaner and don't need any special skull to clean a window, stop deceiving people here.

1 Like

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by omooba74(m): 3:46pm On Dec 16, 2023
Dude,just go through this comment of yours by yaself.Does it make sense to you? Chestbeating upon nothing. Indeed,common sense is not common...
SensualMan:
Funny how 80% of those Japaa'ing as u guys term it in Nigeria are all yoruba people grin

On the other hand, this Bola mandate seems to be favouring the Igbos and every Igbo man is cashing out, spending money like water in the Bola Administration.

My question is: Does it mean this Administration is not favouring the yoruba clownish tribe?

How come the people that were supposed to be taught severe lessons are the head teachers now?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by casualobserver: 3:46pm On Dec 16, 2023
papyjaypaul:

people who have not entered a plane in their lives will come to Nairaland deceiving people.

As you can see below a window cleaner is a window cleaner. A high rise window cleaner may earn more than a regular cleaner but he will still earn less than the average American job.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
papyjaypaul:

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by erico2k2(m): 3:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
ehissi:

I promise you, they are not considered as skilled workers and aren't paid as much.

Some care workers make way more than that
There is another basic Economic fact you guys do not know, you basic salary those specify the salary you take home, I will take myself as an Example cos I am a hands on worker. Now I earn as much as my basic salary in overtime and off duties work cos we do not call it over time we call it premium pay ie x2 or x3 our basic pay per Hour. There is a lot you guys do not know about the west so It would be in your own interest to allow those who live i n the west to explain stuff to you guys to increase your KnowledgeSet is not an argument but basic truth, There is a lot you guys do now know but Im sure o nce you ask the right questions respectively you will get the right answers!

4 Likes

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Ekpekus(m): 3:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
Menclothing:

So you don’t know there is standard HMO for a bank manager have u seen a sick bank manager begging for money to treat sickness
If you understand how HMO work in 9ja, you for nor write this thing.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by MightySparrow: 3:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
Bfly:
Bank manager or cleaner. Wetin dey important to him na money. He goes where he gets more money l.

A kìng in a village has more honour than a page in Buckingham palace . Medical doctors leaving Nigeria, because they cannot passed exams to practice resort to selling groceries. Shame would not allow him to come home.
What a life?!
Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Pristine664: 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2023
SensualMan:

Lol we can see the way you are balling on social media. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by spagettiluv: 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2023
SensualMan:

we know you just typed this rubbish with an empty stomach .
Poverty stricken nnwa boy who come online to beat empty chest .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by ednut1(m): 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2023
This is a big lie. Skyscraper cleaner is not for everytom dick and harry
Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by emperor4love(m): 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2023
xpizzy:

How much does a bank manager make?
even if na shit he de pack,compare how much he makes over there,this people earn nothing less that 2kdolls or more,now expenses d tax might be 1.2k or 1.3k dolls if living single, now who save 700 dolls monthly will he b able to save that as a bank manager in Nigeria, 700 almost 1.somtin Milla fr naija...Nigeria are judgemental but don't check de benefits or such look down jobs in abroad...if na shit as long money involved do it

1 Like

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by PHIPEX(m): 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2023
erico2k2:

I agree, but cos of knowledge of how pensioneers are not paid in Nigeria that HMO is dead as it is applied for!
HMO is medical insurance cover for anyone in good employment, it’s not pension. I’ve not paid for any medical bill for over 10yrs
Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by erico2k2(m): 3:50pm On Dec 16, 2023
PHIPEX:
HMO is medical insurance cover for anyone in good employment, it’s not pension. I’ve not paid for any medical bill for over 10yrs
I never said pension, what I meant was,The government did not keep to its word when it came to pension you paid into for all your working life and you are here talking about HMO.
You said you have not paid for your medical Bill for 10 years, No question, Are you a civil servant or working in the private sector
Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Theunbothered: 3:50pm On Dec 16, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Soft life to hard life.

I guess when he got there and saw the pile of bills staring him in the face he had no choice but to grab the next available job.

If you are gainfully employed in naija, you don't need to japa. Japa is someone who has no hope of ever getting a job in Nigeria. He'll appreciate any kind of job he finds there.

No one wants to be employed in a dysfunctional shithole run by bandits and gangsters that's why they japa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest Lawyers In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria / From Truck Pusher To Sex Worker - Lady Celebrates Her 1 Year Achievement / Salary Package For Nigerian Navy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.