Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,137 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband (12007 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo: I Have Never Been Married At 56 Because I Won't Submit To A Man / My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences / Sex On First Visit. Does It Mean She Is Cheap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by BananaPeel(m): 3:16pm On Dec 22, 2023
Shikena:
Work together as a couple but if there is a conflict on a decision and he feels strongly about it without shifting then you defer to him.

How you see this is up to you and how you ensure that he sees reason if your position seems to be the best choice is also up to you. You have been empowered with many natural skills as a woman to help him see reason and if he still says no then you defer.

If you can't do that then maybe marriage is simply not for you. You are better off by yourself and you won't have to submit to anybody. Marriage is not by fire by force contrary to the mindset of many of our people who can't think for themselves.

You are correct. The thing is, once you are married, situations where spouses argue over whose opinion is correct hardly happens. Ñaturally, there's a flow of mutual respect. The word, submission is not enforced or not even noticed due to high level of understanding between both of them.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by olaztek(m): 3:18pm On Dec 22, 2023
* Give him sex whenever he wishes unless you're tired or sick.
* take permission before going out.
* Don't argue with him in public
- take good care of his parent when they come to visit.

* prepare his food in time.
* Always have patience and show support when he's struggling financially.

*Don't backbite or talk bad about him.
* Overlook his minor mistakes

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by ednut1(m): 3:20pm On Dec 22, 2023
By agreeing to all your husband says or all his decisions without pushback. A recipe for disaster in today’s society.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Shikena(m): 3:20pm On Dec 22, 2023
Absolutely!

BananaPeel:

You are correct. The thing is, once you are married, situations where spouses argue over whose opinion is correct hardly happens. Ñaturally, there's a flow of mutual respect. The word, submission is not enforced or not even noticed due to high level of understanding between both of them.
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Shikena(m): 3:27pm On Dec 22, 2023
Bros how body?

I will move a motion to amend your post here grin . I don't think it's about agreeing to all your husband says but agreeing with the final decision. The wife can actually debate with the husband, present facts for better insight into the issue, and offer better suggestions. The submission part, I believe, is in the final decision. Same way people operate in every organization. You push your position but submit to the final decision to avoid anarchy.

In a marriage, the natural skills for a smooth process is already within both parties. They are in the same team and just have to watch out so they don't allow ego or build up of resentment. That is where wisdom comes in.

Hope I did not misinterpret your position.

ednut1:
By agreeing to all your husband says or all his decisions without pushback. A recipe for disaster in today’s society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Jozilinn: 3:31pm On Dec 22, 2023
Lanretoye:
They can submit to pastor in church but will be claiming equal right with husband at home...wetin pastor do to deserve the submission that a husband doesnt deserve.
Oga no matter anything you say no be all women dey carry pastor for head but mostly some men no just Sabi talk na gra gra talk them Sabi,no gentleness no calmness always with authority do it or die, speaking as if the other person no get opinion.

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Sag1ttarius: 3:31pm On Dec 22, 2023
visaclick:
All these noise you women should stop it. Marriage is not for everyone so remain in your father’s house or go get yours and live your free life, u can see how happy blessing ceo is.

Yes, marriage no bi for everyone and Men still cry and worried over those women that ignored marriage.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Sag1ttarius: 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jozilinn:
Some men don't deserve respect, respect is one of the key factor of submission, the way you talk Will determine how the other one reacts... entitlement mentality of men in Nigeria and na me own you nahim make marriage dey spoil most times, you don't expect to undervalue your wife and then expect her to be submissive.

They won't like this your post.
you said the whole truth brother.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Mitsurugi(m): 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2023
ebubeson:
And the husband must be tolerant in his demand for kinds of food... You can't just keep saying to your wife " I want fresh food, I cannot eat food in the freezer, I cannot eat food cooked yesterday".. You need to be tolerant.

As a man I cook. I love food but there's nothing my wife cooks that I won't eat except things I'm not disposed to. But you see the above quote such men irritate me. Worse they don't even know how to boil egg

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by sboga: 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2023
ride well
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Nyceguy92: 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2023
ebubeson:
As a woman, you are not a fool. But submission here means to respect him as the head and obey him. It is not everything he says that you may take, but you can disagree respectfully. You are not to disagree or drag with him on simple matters that needs no debate.

It means to cook for him always and make sure cooked food is available. And the husband must be tolerant in his demand for kinds of food... You can't just keep saying to your wife " I want fresh food, I cannot eat food in the freezer, I cannot eat food cooked yesterday".. You need to be tolerant.

It means not submitting your destiny and life to a foolish husband. You cannot submit your life to a lazy gambler or an irresponsible man, all in the name of submission. You can respect, but do not submit foolishly.

You cannot submit to a violent man that wants to take your life all in the name of submission. You can submit to such persons from afar without coming closer.

Well said.
Submission does not mean you lose your sense of judgement, independence, and respect.

You almost broke my ribs with laughter on that aspect about the man dictating what he wants to eat and wouldn't eat food from the freezer. The man should not wear his woman down with frivolous demands.

Reminds me of the movie "Husbands of Lagos," where one of the husbands would eat only freshly made soup, and the foofoo must be pounded manually in a mortar.

I might add that the man can also 'submit' by being up to per with his responsibilities and acknowledge that the woman is human, too.
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Sermwell(m): 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2023
visaclick:
All these noise you women should stop it. Marriage is not for everyone so remain in your father’s house or go get yours and live your free life, u can see how happy blessing ceo is.
You’re part of those who fall for anything they see on line!! How did you conclude that Blessing CEO is happy not married!! Because of her videos you see online? Or do you know her personally?
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Paystack: 3:59pm On Dec 22, 2023
erniok:

Wives only get stone for not being virgins and infidelity in the bible. Pls next time, quote only what you are familiar with.

Infidelity means you didn't submit to your husband.

Instead you had an affair and submitted to another man. People get stoned in the Bible for less.

If a wife is caught helping her husband fight another man... her hands gets cuttoff

Read the Book of Leviticus thoroughly... it contains God's Lords.

I'm a Christian
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by GreatAchiever1: 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2023
In one sentence, she submits to your authority.
I no wan start to dey write epistle on this topic.
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by BRATISLAVA: 4:01pm On Dec 22, 2023
Lanretoye:
They can submit to pastor in church but will be claiming equal right with husband at home...wetin pastor do to deserve the submission that a husband doesnt deserve.

They can submit to their female bosses at work but will claim superiority and headship with wife at home. What did the female boss do to deserve the submission that a wife doesn't deserve?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Iamzik: 4:01pm On Dec 22, 2023
Shikena:
Work together as a couple but if there is a conflict on a decision and he feels strongly about it without shifting then you defer to him.

How you see this is up to you and how you ensure that he sees reason if your position seems to be the best choice is also up to you. You have been empowered with many natural skills as a woman to help him see reason and if he still says no then you defer.

If you can't do that then maybe marriage is simply not for you. You are better off by yourself and you won't have to submit to anybody. Marriage is not by fire by force contrary to the mindset of many of our people who can't think for themselves.

Most sensible explanation so far
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Badmashii(m): 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
VULCAN:
To make is easy for you to understand.

Submission is what a woman does when she wants to go on leave in her office.

She picks a date and informs her boss.

The boss okays it or rejects it.

Sometimes he okays it and at the last minute rejects it because of an emergency.

In all of this, that woman submits to her boss.

She accepts that his will can prevail over her own.

But when she married she does not want to extend the same courtesy to her husband.

Is that not evil?

Note: The boss doesn't have to be right, yet the woman will submit to him.

Any woman who will not submit to you in relationship is automatically disqualified from becoming your wife.

Let her marry her boss who she willingly submits to

Op here's your answer. Mr vulcan oil dey head.

Women are normally proud and egoistic so they always have an issue with the word 'submission'.

Anyways one thing is human beings are animals. And one undeniable law of the jungle is when you are in the presence of a more dominant animal you instictively submit. That's why they behave 'submissively' to their boss.

So you can't ask or tell anyone to submit to you. They did automatically when you're more powerful.

Most times na simp dey always complain of 'submission ' because the ladies can see clearly that this one is spineless idiot even with his money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Tetraozonaitera: 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2023
Submission to ones husband is equal to separation from many entities. It entails cordial relationship between a male hen which is a cock or Cockerel. I am not talking about cockatoo or parrot. It makes two irregular adults to separate before they reach the age of thirty.

Many don't believe it but it is true. A doctor can never make a good husband. Because the needle of the syringe can chook the wife's buttocks. It is very very strange.
I hope with these points of mine I have been able to confuse you that Nigerian girls hardly submit to their husbands.
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by GreatAchiever1: 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2023
Mosba:

It means you are to your husband what you are to your dad except for the oza room part

As much as I agree with you, take note some women don't even respect their dad, and that is a red flag.
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by victorazy(m): 4:10pm On Dec 22, 2023
Submit your ATM
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Iamzik: 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jozilinn:
Oga no matter anything you say no be all women dey carry pastor for head but mostly some men no just Sabi talk na gra gra talk them Sabi,no gentleness no calmness always with authority do it or die, speaking as if the other person no get opinion.

I sometimes look at married people and wonder why most church women are so hypocritical to think that a pastor has more authority than their husband.

Bishop Oyedepo once asked his wife not to go to a program that she herself organized and is supposed to preach without any clear reason. She was disappointed but she obeyed all thesame.

Mummy GO is subject to her husband but women fellowship member thinks that her GO word supersede her husband. Smh
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by erniok(m): 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2023
Paystack:

Infidelity means you didn't submit to your husband.

Instead you had an affair and submitted to another man. People get stoned in the Bible for less.

If a wife is caught helping her husband fight another man... her hands gets cuttoff

Read the Book of Leviticus thoroughly... it contains God's Lords.

I'm a Christian
At the bolded, her hands gets cut off if and only if she grabs the opponent's privates. Like I said earlier, be sure of what you quote.

Submission transcends far beyond infidelity. When Paul, by the Holy ghost wrote that part, he was not looking at infidelity. Read that part in the book of ephesians again.

PS: People don't get for less. The only places stoning was commanded was the one I mentioned earlier, being unruly to your parents and transgressions the sabbath. These you can see are few. The old covenant was not about stoning.
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Jozilinn: 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2023
Iamzik:

I sometimes look at married people and wonder why most church women are so hypocritical to think that a pastor has more authority than their husband.

Bishop Oyedepo once asked his wife not to go to a program that she herself organized and is supposed to preach without any clear reason. She was disappointed but she obeyed all thesame.

Mummy GO is subject to her husband but women fellowship member thinks that her GO word supersede her husband. Smh
Did he tell her that if she doesn't she would see,he would make sure she doesn't feed until she does it,I also work in s church department if I start to mention the issues that these women you termed pastor worshippers are going through, you will understand them,or is the one that doesn't provide for his family and has sidechicks outside and doesn't put money at home and wants food to eat, finish beating her up forces the children to drink water everytime they ask for food to eat while he's outside he calls her a bastard... wetin you want that woman to do if not running to God mind you some pastors run scholarship for their members children na where dey benefit you, nahim you go try to bend to. So like I said earlier it's not all women that do this pastor worship it depends on what they face in their marriage.
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Paystack: 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2023
erniok:

At the bolded, her hands gets cut off if and only if she grabs the opponent's privates. Like I said earlier, be sure of what you quote.

Submission transcends far beyond infidelity. When Paul, by the Holy ghost wrote that part, he was not looking at infidelity. Read that part in the book of ephesians again.

PS: People don't get for less. The only places stoning was commanded was the one I mentioned earlier, being unruly to your parents and transgressions the sabbath. These you can see are few. The old covenant was not about stoning.

We are saying same thing.

My point is people get stoned, killed and mutilated in the Bible according to Gods laws and covenant with the Israelites.

Gods laws are unchangeable and should be obeyed.
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Iamzik: 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jozilinn:
Did he tell her that if she doesn't she would see,he would make sure she doesn't feed until she does it,I also work in s church department if I start to mention the issues that these women you termed pastor worshippers are going through, you will understand them,or is the one that doesn't provide for his family and has sidechicks outside and doesn't put money at home and wants food to eat, finish beating her up forces the children to drink water everytime they ask for food to eat while he's outside he calls her a bastard... wetin you want that woman to do if not running to God mind you some pastors run scholarship for their members children na where dey benefit you, nahim you go try to bend to. So like I said earlier it's not all women that do this pastor worship it depends on what they face in their marriage.

You went completely off point but I'm sure you understand what I mean. Pastors contribute the most to family problems when they covertly encourage women to disrespect their husbands. The truth is bitter but we are not ready for this discussion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Stevenbright(m): 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2023
kkins25:
I've been thinking about this alot, and can't seem to understand what "submission" means.

What does it mean for a wife to submit to me? Also, can women provide what "to submit" means to them?

Is submitting to a man similar to submitting to God in the sense that man has the last and final say? Does this mean, the man's will should supersede that of the woman? Does submitting mean, taking care of? Please, explain it to me like I'm a dumb 5 year old.

Generally, submitting to your man means respecting and obeying him.

But to me, submitting to a man means being committed to the relationship (marriage), respect and obey him. This is because some women can appear to respect and obey their man while constantly cheating on him.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by emerged01(m): 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2023
kkins25:
I've been thinking about this alot, and can't seem to understand what "submission" means.

What does it mean for a wife to submit to me? Also, can women provide what "to submit" means to them?

Is submitting to a man similar to submitting to God in the sense that man has the last and final say? Does this mean, the man's will should supersede that of the woman? Does submitting mean, taking care of? Please, explain it to me like I'm a dumb 5 year old.

To me submitting to your husband respecting him.
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by emerged01(m): 5:16pm On Dec 22, 2023
Iamzik:

It is the way some women brain works,dont put the blame on the pastors. If you are brainwashed,you are the problem not the person that brainwash you.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by AlphaHakimi: 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2023
No man can perfectly explain submission more than a woman and no woman can perfectly explain love more than a man.

For instance, if you had asked the jews what love meant, they would have given you several definitions. But the one the one time Jesus christ was asked what love is, he demonstrated it on the cross of calvary. There are actually no words to describe what Christ did on Calvary.

In essence, submission to your husband is a gift which God has designed for only women to understand and express while love is a gift which God has designed for only men to understand and express.

For the sake of your question, submission simply means " AT ALL TIMES, MAY THE WILL/WISH OF MY HUSBAND BE DONE TO ME".

There are no exceptions to submission. You cannot submit today and not submit tomorrow or you cannot submit in this matter and not submit in the next matter. Submission is absolute and this is why Men must choose CAREFULLY whom to love and women must choose CAREFULLY whom to submit to.

Jesus christ did not say, I will only die for the Jews or for Israel, he died for everyone.

SHALOM
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by membranus: 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2023
ednut1:

No, no, no, absolute wifey submission is a recipe for a good, enjoyable and long marital life.
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by safarifarms(m): 6:31pm On Dec 22, 2023
kkins25:

For me submission 1st means respect and then being able to accept his decision in a situation that you have contrary opinion that he doesn't agree with. However there are several factors that come into play to make this easy or difficult. For it to be easy, the man needs to be responsible, have a good sense of Judgement, and also amenable where he sees superior opinion or argument from his wife.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If Your Score Is Less Than 40 You Need To Start Living (pix) / Another 2 Weeks ���� Am Frustrated And I Need Prick ; Busty Ada (photos) / Meet The Mysterious Woman Ray Hushpuppi Married To Gain Citizenship Abroad(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.