Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

What Do Women Really Want From Men? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do Women Really Want From Men? (13319 Views)

What Women Really Want / An Apology Letter From Men To Women / Do Women Really Love Tall Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by mystiqueem(f): 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2011
everything plus what we see our neighbors give their wives. lol. grin grin grin
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Ranoscky(m): 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2011
^ And what if the money is not there? U advice him to go and steal, to get u the 'everything' u required, right?
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Daffydoc: 2:16pm On Dec 24, 2011
Definition of 'gentleman' to Nigerian girls ='mugu' O he's such a gentleman means he's just good ol' regular mugu!
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by safarigirl(f): 5:40pm On Dec 26, 2011
Companionship, honesty ǡŋ₫ understanding- three things men unfortunately can't find their way around
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Sagamite(m): 9:13pm On Dec 26, 2011
safarigirl:

Companionship, honesty ǡŋ₫ understanding- three things men unfortunately can't find their way around

Companionship - make yourself toleratable.

Honesty - are you honest yourself.

Understanding - when even you yourself will be the first to scream "women are complex". Decomplex yourself and come back.
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 26, 2011
^^^^
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Ranoscky(m): 2:10am On Dec 27, 2011
Funny how all the naija gals in here make their wishes without mentionin their 1st sincere priority money. undecided WONDERFUL!!

If y'all are being sincere to y'all selves( accordin to the wishes y'all posted), then, who would complain about naija gals again?!
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by safarigirl(f): 2:29am On Dec 27, 2011
@ sagamite, i'm speaking for myself here, i'm ΩØƚ complex, very easy to understand if you bother to try, my problem is most guys don't bother to try, they think everything should come with an instruction book like their gadgets
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Ranoscky(m): 2:37am On Dec 27, 2011
^ O boy ehn. . . Dah ur oju igo eye glass na real safari O!
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Sagamite(m): 10:32am On Dec 27, 2011
safarigirl:

@ sagamite, i'm speaking for myself here, i'm ΩØƚ complex, very easy to understand if you bother to try, my problem is most guys don't bother to try, they think everything should come with an instruction book like their gadgets

You say you are not complex to understand but yet you are using symbols I don't even understand.  tongue grin

More seriously, in term of "bother to try", we men have male friends and get along fine with them most times. We never need to bother to try and understand them, they are just very similar to the instruction books we are used to where when they say A it is A and C is C. So why can't women be like that, why is that their instruction book is so faulty to the point saying A can mean one of A, a, ɐ, Ä, ä, ã, ɐ̃, á, â or even B.

Make una write this instruction manual.  grin
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by safarigirl(f): 11:49am On Feb 08, 2012
Not my fault. Ma sista does that kinda stuff with the phone ǡŋ₫ sets it. I can't change it, Ŝ☺ I use it like that. I am far from complex
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Sagamite(m): 3:49pm On Feb 08, 2012
safarigirl:

Not my fault. Ma sista does that kinda stuff with the phone ǡŋ₫ sets it. I can't change it, Ŝ☺ I use it like that. I am far from complex

Bottom line: I would not waste my time trying to understand illogicality.
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by princefunm: 4:30pm On Feb 08, 2012
Sagamite:

Bottom line: I would not waste my time trying to understand illogicality.

Well, I would not call it illogicality. Though if you analyse it, it still boils down to the same thing. Asking what women want is all too common. Your analogy about guy to guy interaction being so easy is quite simple. Men think logically. So everything about us is pretty straightforward.

But because women are more tuned to their sentiments, it almost always gets in the way of their thinking. And while this in itself is not entirely a bad thing (believe me when I say it has its good sides), it must be said that its responsible for the bewilderment we feel when dealing with our female counterparts. Truth is, dealing with women takes a great deal of patience and understanding. Unfortunately not many men have this two qualities. Most guys quickly condemn and write off inexplicable behavioral patterns exhibited by our ladies and conclude it as idle foolishness. But don't forget that to them it is not. Several factors do come into play in a females decision making. take a look at my analogy below and then maybe you might understand a little.

Remember the mathematics notebook we used in nursery school. The one with several intersections of horizontal and vertical lines. Good. Now take a pencil and a rule and trace a long vertical line down that page. What you have is not just a line that stands out from the rest, but a simple representation of the way MEN think. Yes! We think generally in only one direction. The most logical direction.
Now with an eraser wipe off the line that you have traced out initially. Look across the page over the criss-crossing lines. The whole page is representative of the thought pattern of a female. While she probably sees the logical way of doing a task, she also sees several other alternatives that should be taken because of pitfalls that MAY exist in the logical path. She works out all this paths in about the same time it takes we guys to work out the only logical path we see.

What exactly am I trying to prove here. Different things trigger different responses in a female. Now because the females are very much at the mercy of their hormones, a reaction to a particular thing may not always be the same every time. Also remember that she is also a sentimental being. That also plays a large part.
My advice for those of us looking for what women want is to learn to read the non-verbals of a lady. Because only that can tell you what she feels at a particular period. And please, just be yourself. When you try to put on a personality or pick up a line that is not you, it triggers their hormones and their thoughts go travelling. Even if you are clumsy, just be yourself. If you are yourself, trust me your target lady will pick that. If she is viable something you do will strike a chord. Even the best pick up lines doesn't work for all ladies.
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by princefunm: 4:48pm On Feb 08, 2012
safarigirl:

I am inclined to disagree with you, safarigirl. What you have just done is what I call stereotyping. You don't do that or else you would be shooting yourself in the leg. Already before you start dating a guy, you have warmed yourself to that notion, so any little thing that happens you start screaming to high heavens. If it were by that, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT THE WOMEN FOLK CANNOT STAND UP TO THE GUYS. I made that in capitals so that you can see it well. In terms of honesty, women are the worst culprits. Most are too secretive and think they can get away with dirty secrets because of fear of losing their man, forgetting that they would probably save themselves the shame and embarrassment if they had opened up.
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by yme1(f): 5:14pm On Feb 08, 2012
Here's a secret that most men don't know - Women often don't know what they really like in a guy. Women are much more susptible to their emotions than men and it's the man who understands how to use this knowledge that has the advantage with women wink

One advice I always give my male friends is UNDERSTANDING A WOMAN SHOULD NOT BE A MAN'S PRIORITY IN A RELATIONSHIP
Trying to understand what someone is like shouldn't be based on a period of time because that is an #Epic Fail!!  but try to savour every second, minute you get to spend together

@OP
Tricky question because I would want everything from my man grin
I will narrow it down to >>>>>>>> Make me feel good, Masculinity, S*X, comfortabiliy, Challenge, Intelligence, Not being clingy and desperate angry, Be loyal.
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by princefunm: 5:23pm On Feb 08, 2012
y me:

One advice I always give my male friends is UNDERSTANDING A WOMAN SHOULD NOT BE A MAN'S PRIORITY IN A RELATIONSHIP
Trying to understand what someone is like shouldn't be based on a period of time because that is an #Epic Fail!!  but try to savour every second, minute you get to spend together

I honestly don't know what to make of this. How do I get to know someone if I don't understand who they are? How do I begin to savour moments with someone I dont understand? I think what you mean to say here is that you can never really fully understand a person. Still, I think its a worthy endeavor to go about understanding someone. Mind you understanding someone does not have to be hard-work.
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Sagamite(m): 5:28pm On Feb 08, 2012
princefunm:

Well, I would not call it illogicality. Though if you analyse it, it still boils down to the same thing. Asking what women want is all too common. Your analogy about guy to guy interaction being so easy is quite simple. Men think logically. So everything about us is pretty straightforward.

But because women are more tuned to their sentiments, it almost always gets in the way of their thinking. And while this in itself is not entirely a bad thing (believe me when I say it has its good sides), it must be said that its responsible for the bewilderment we feel when dealing with our female counterparts. Truth is, dealing with women takes a great deal of patience and understanding. Unfortunately not many men have this two qualities. Most guys quickly condemn and write off inexplicable behavioral patterns exhibited by our ladies and conclude it as idle foolishness. But don't forget that to them it is not. Several factors do come into play in a females decision making. take a look at my analogy below and then maybe you might understand a little.

Remember the mathematics notebook we used in nursery school. The one with several intersections of horizontal and vertical lines. Good. Now take a pencil and a rule and trace a long vertical line down that page. What you have is not just a line that stands out from the rest, but a simple representation of the way MEN think. Yes! We think generally in only one direction. The most logical direction.
Now with an eraser wipe off the line that you have traced out initially. Look across the page over the criss-crossing lines. The whole page is representative of the thought pattern of a female. While she probably sees the logical way of doing a task, she also sees several other alternatives that should be taken because of pitfalls that MAY exist in the logical path. She works out all this paths in about the same time it takes we guys to work out the only logical path we see.

What exactly am I trying to prove here. Different things trigger different responses in a female. Now because the females are very much at the mercy of their hormones, a reaction to a particular thing may not always be the same every time. Also remember that she is also a sentimental being. That also plays a large part.
My advice for those of us looking for what women want is to learn to read the non-verbals of a lady. Because only that can tell you what she feels at a particular period. And please, just be yourself. When you try to put on a personality or pick up a line that is not you, it triggers their hormones and their thoughts go travelling. Even if you are clumsy, just be yourself. If you are yourself, trust me your target lady will pick that. If she is viable something you do will strike a chord. Even the best pick up lines doesn't work for all ladies.

So to cut your long story short, men think logically, women don't?
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by yme1(f): 5:33pm On Feb 08, 2012
princefunm:

I honestly don't know what to make of this. How do I get to know someone if I don't understand who they are? How do I begin to savour moments with someone I don't understand? I think what you mean to say here is that you can never really fully understand a person. Still, I think its a worthy endeavor to go about understanding someone. Mind you understanding someone does not have to be hard-work.
Hombre, Did you read what i just typed upside down or are you trying to be sarcastic?  undecided
please do kindly be a gentle man and point out the part where "UNDERSTANDING SOMEONE IS NOT IMPORTANT" in my post

Let me rephrase this, it is important to understand a woman but do not make that an utmost priority in a relationship because you get to know more about a being every time you get to spend time together. Understanding about someone is not what can be done within a period of time and if you think I'm wrong please be free to prove me wrong or right . cool

There are some certain behaviours or reaction of ours that shocks us, in other words if a person can't fully understand his/her attitude I wonder how another can completely
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Sagamite(m): 5:39pm On Feb 08, 2012
y me:

Here's a secret that most men don't know - Women often don't know what they really like in a guy. Women are much more susptible to their emotions than men and it's the man who understands how to use this knowledge that has the advantage with women wink

@OP
Tricky question because I would want everything from my man grin
I will narrow it down to >>>>>>>> Make me feel good, Masculinity, S*X, comfortabiliy, Challenge, Intelligence, Not being clingy and desperate angry, Be loyal.

Well said through out!

No wonder I am hot property amongst women. cool

Understand ko, Upperstand ni.
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by princefunm: 5:44pm On Feb 08, 2012
y me:

Hombre, Did you read what i just typed upside down or are you trying to be sarcastic?  undecided
please do kindly be a gentle man and point out the part where "UNDERSTANDING SOMEONE IS NOT IMPORTANT" in my post

Let me rephrase this, it is important to understand a woman but do not make that an utmost priority in a relationship because you get to know more about a being every time you get to spend time together. Understanding about someone is not what can be done within a period of time and if you think I'm wrong please be free to prove me right. cool

There are some certain behaviours or reaction of ours that shocks us, in other words if a person can't fully understand his/her attitude I wonder how another can completely

First of all, I think you are the one reading upside down. Nowhere in my response did I quote you as saying UNDERSTANDING IS NOT IMPORTANT. And I still hold that the reasoning that Understanding someone should not be an utmost priority is flawed.

Picture this. Assume you are married. You are at one of those periods when your hormones make you have mood swings. Or makes you uncomfortable. You need some space to yourself at that moment. Or perhaps you need some loving words from your man. Your man sees you and notices you even without you calling his attention. because he knows what you probably are passing through, he does exactly what you want. (Gives you your space or comforts you with soothing words) If your man didnt understand that part of you, how would he do that? If he never took the pains to understand you would you not be the same person to conclude that he is uncaring? Duuuuuuuuhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Besides I think your first paragraph and second are a bunch of contradictions.
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by yme1(f): 5:58pm On Feb 08, 2012
I said REVEREND FATHER and you said BISHOP, what exactly is the difference?
you gave me a perfect scenario of what understanding relates to

Now here is the question do you think or believe that sweet husband understand his wife to the core? No i don't think so, because that is impossible

There are so many ways to understand someone and that can only be done everytime till DEATH

In every relationship understanding is important but cant be done in a period of time
Its just like you telling me you understand everything about the business world. women/human are freaky complex and that is why I love the NO RISK NO REWARD thingy. Don't be tricked honey,the fact a man can guess the mood of his girl doesn't mean he fully understands her.
If you think you know/understand all about your gf/wife then you do have a long way to go in that relationship honey
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by yme1(f): 6:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
Sagamite:

Well said through out!

No wonder I am hot property amongst women. cool

Understand ko, Upperstand ni.
I thought we agreed on you not getting high on that fake canabis? angry tongue cheesy
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by princefunm: 6:32pm On Feb 08, 2012
y me:

I said REVEREND FATHER and you said BISHOP, what exactly is the difference?
you gave me a perfect scenario of what understanding relates to

Now here is the question do you think or believe that sweet husband understand his wife to the core? No i don't think so, because that is impossible

There are so many ways to understand someone and that can only be done everytime till DEATH

In every relationship understanding is important but cant be done in a period of time
Its just like you telling me you understand everything about the business world. women/human are freaky complex and that is why I love the NO RISK NO REWARD thingy. Don't be tricked honey,the fact a man can guess the mood of his girl doesn't mean he fully understands her.
If you think you know/understand all about your gf/wife then you do have a long way to go in that relationship honey

Where exactly do you stand? And to think you accused  ♏ξ of reading upside down! Now you are replying upside down!

You cannot possibly understand the businessworld in its entirety. But that doesn't remove the fact that your success is dependent on how well you know the business world, don't you think?. Ironic isn't it!
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Sagamite(m): 12:06am On Feb 09, 2012
y me:

I thought we agreed on you not getting high on that fake canabis? angry tongue cheesy

*Dust the dirt off da shoulder* grin
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Ranoscky(m): 5:11am On Feb 09, 2012
The [b]f[/b]uck is goin on here?
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Ifwonder: 8:42am On Feb 09, 2012
What l really want from a man is love,commitmentand honesty.
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Ranoscky(m): 8:52am On Feb 09, 2012
^ Now, the above poster is definitely a wifey material.

@Ifwonder, your future husband must be one hell of a lucky man.
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Sagamite(m): 11:34am On Feb 09, 2012
Ifwonder:

What l really want from a man is love,commitmentand honesty.

And what do you have to offer?
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by pendo89(f): 11:46am On Feb 09, 2012
Sagamite:

So why can't women be like that, why is that their instruction book is so faulty to the point saying A can mean one of A, a, ɐ, Ä, ä, ã, ɐ̃, á, â or even B.

Lmao! But true. But if you understand your woman you must understand her language too. The only one you should find difficult to understand is the stranger.
But like somebody said up there you can never fully understand the other person. It's a lifelong process.
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by yme1(f): 1:02pm On Feb 09, 2012
princefunm:

Where exactly do you stand? And to think you accused  ♏ξ of reading upside down! Now you are replying upside down!

You cannot possibly understand the businessworld in its entirety. But that doesn't remove the fact that your success is dependent on how well you know the business world, don't you think?. Ironic isn't it!

Like really? undecided
This is my LAST reply to you (hopefully undecided)
you said understanding should be the utmost thing in a relationship and a person can be understood to the core (perfectly well)
And i disagreed with you saying getting to understand someone should be a continous process and understanding should NOT be the utmost necnecessity a relationship although it is important thinking you can understand all about a person within a period of time is impossible

With the scenario you posted earlier on, let me break it down for you: Do you know the woman might be in that same mood and the husband will have the thought of giving her all she wants at that moment due to his understanding of her but that might not be the solution to her problem at the moment like always but instead she request for something different. so what has the husband learnt this time around? A new way of pleasing the wife, and that was only achieved because he is set to learn and understand more about her his entirely life. AND PLEASE DON'T TELL ME PREDICTABILITY IS A CONSTANT THING

i tried to break it down to you in simplest form, if you still don't get it, oh welll!!!
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by yme1(f): 1:06pm On Feb 09, 2012
Sagamite:

And what do you have to offer?
Good home, support, companionship, happiness, peace, lifechanging s*x grin, etc tongue
Re: What Do Women Really Want From Men? by Sagamite(m): 1:16pm On Feb 09, 2012
y me:

Good home, support, companionship, happiness, peace, lifechanging s*x grin, etc tongue

Yeye girl.

You fit cook? tongue

You no go nag finish? Like say "Why you reply that girl that asked you what you wanted to eat at the party. You are cheating, you can't keep your eyes to yourself. We have to discuss this your infidelity for the next 4 hours, I don't care if it is 11pm on a Sunday night"? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Have A Big Butt' - Nigerian Girl Posts On Facebook / Nigerian Version Of Mr Right / My Girlfriend Of 3 Weeks Nearly Killed Me With....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.