Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,344 members, 7,822,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland (7796 Views)

Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora / Why The Tribalism against the Igbos? / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Ereolamide: 12:52pm On Dec 30, 2023
Acidosis:

So only Plateau people can and should demand justice and protection for the people of Plateau? What are you even trying to say here?

In the last 72 hours, my Twitter account has been very active over this Plateau state matter even though I'm not from the state. And before you lose your senses again, I'm not a Southeastern.

Concerned Nigerians (even foreigners) are trying so hard to get justice for the victims and their families, but bigots like you do nothing but drag Igbos into your self-inflicted prejudices.

If people decide to cry over persecution, how's that your business? Do you want everyone to be silent because of your personal decision to live with terrorists and the stupidity of your political class?

It's a shame you're not a very smart person.

This topic is a reaction to some assertion, in case you've forgotten, Seun spelt it out. I don't think that's too difficult to remember unless your memory is vaporish.

Tribal insults are most times between the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria, Yoruba, Hausa and Ibo. It's usually a one on one thing with the third playing the entertained bystander.

I'm not aware that Yorubas have engaged plateau people on tribal wars either on nairaland or Twitter.

In recent times this tribal superiority contest, mud slinging and slur making has been on all time high between Ibos and Yorubas, is it something to be proud of? I don't think so.

But a certain tribe pretend to be the victim all the time, they always claim not to be the offender,which is an obvious lie.

I have never seen any of the Yoruba belligerents here call out any Ibo moderator to be sacked as much as myn44 has been reported by Ibos.

Both sides are guilty and Seun shouldn't be guilt-tripped because he's Yoruba.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by ComeToJesus: 12:52pm On Dec 30, 2023
Your disclaimer/rebuttal still have some ethnic colouration. Why not be broad minded and ethno-neutral in addressing this concern instead of being region-specific. We all know that that the regions you mentioned are the culprits but the matter should be addressed holistically so that ethnic loyalists from another zone won't feel they are exempted.

When I go to Reddit and Quora to see the elevated level of discourse, I shudder at the the banal, malicious and convoluted mindset and brainwave of young Nigerians as depicted on Nairaland. This has thrived largely because the admin have allowed the tribal narratives to gain traction over the years without ethical benchmarks.

The rule 2 and other rules doesn't seem to provide some deterrence.

We all seem to be guilty of what Nairaland has become (not just the admin) and we must try to refine our contributions and engagements in the forum because what we post here speaks volumes of us as a people, knowing that this site is a Nigerian brand.

Let 2024 be a year of goodwill, camaraderie, patriotism and positivity.

All those vitriolic and tribal vituperations by ethnic champions should be jettisoned in the coming year.

May God bless you all and may 2024 herald a new level for all of you and Nairaland.

โœŒ๏ธ Peace ๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ๐Ÿ™

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by YoungBlackRico(m): 12:53pm On Dec 30, 2023
BigDickProblems:

Why are you now crying.
Lols
I'm not the one screaming
"ban Mynd44"
"I hope nairaland is shut down forever"
"they are targeting us"
"he is protecting his tribe men"
"they hate us" all over the place. That's crying

If I was the owner, you lots would be booted out of this place, let sane Nigerians have a healthy, uncorrupted community.

6 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by aswani(m): 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2023
agabusta:

Is it compulsory you comment on Islam thread?

Abi รณ.

I wanted to comment on a thread on front page that talked about having sex during menstruation, I was forewarned about the "Islam oath" if I wanted to proceed.

I chose not to, my life hasn't changed in any way because I didn't and chose to keep my opinion to myself.

Islamic section is still relatively sane, some people just want to go and destroy the peace there much as they have with politics section.

Imagine all the (needless) mentions of Yoruba Muslims in the Politics section, can you imagine if the same people (and we all know who they are) were allowed to run riot in the Islamic section?

6 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Af0nja: 12:56pm On Dec 30, 2023
HugeElephant:
The tribal warlords have always been majorly from the south East. It's like those people are being paid and dedicate their lives to it. Always creating threads to taunt the other tribes in Nigeria. And attacking people that question their lie peddling and high level bigotry.

It was so bad at a point they said the whole northern Nigeria was an uneducated poverty ridden tribe.
During "Eid" Arewa twitter showed them true wealth. Not some drug pushing or baby factory wealth.

See them grin grin grin grin

Lowly people

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by SSFeedsNigeria: 12:57pm On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:
I would like to address the allegations on Twitter about tribalism on Nairaland or that I am some kind of tribalist, because I was told that not addressing them means that they are true.

The more extreme variants of that claim are being pushed primarily by south-eastern tribalists who feel that south-western tribalists have the upper hand on Nairaland in their battles with each other.

Whenever they are banned after breaking rule 2 of Nairaland, they will go back to Twitter to lament about how Nairaland is against their tribe and how I'm personally working against them.

I urge you to disregard any accusation against me or against Nairaland if the accusers cannot prevent hard evidence to support their claims. These people make things up, and people just believe them.

For avoidance of doubt, I have always been a supporter and admirer of south-eastern people. I will never have any tribalistic bone in my body. I am a human who views people as humans first.

The micro-kernel of truth in the mountain of lies is that Nairaland is under-staffed. The staff I have do not moderate as efficiently as I want them to. They also struggle with following my instructions.

So if you go to Nairaland looking for tribalism, you will find it in certain areas, just as you will if you search Twitter for tribalism, because of people whose main business online is tribal trolling.

However, I want Nairaland to be better than Twitter. I want to improve the consistency of moderation on Nairaland. For this reason, I am in the process of recruiting more people to help.

Seun, I like you as a person and for creating a forum like nairaland. No one would argue that nairaland hasn't helped millions of Nigerians. I, personally, have made tens of millions either directly or from ideas I got from nairaland. For that reason alone, you should be celebrated as a hero.

Unfortunately, perceptions of tribalism has badly affected your reputation. Also, you may be a tech guru but you're not a wordsmith and you obviously lack diplomacy and tact. Even in the so-called rebuttal against accusations of tribalism on your person, you ended up sounding like a tribalist!

Look at the part in bold and see how you inadvertently accused accused Igbos.

Please employ a manager or secretary who must have a high IQ, so the person will edit your texts/speeches before posting.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by garriAndsugar: 12:57pm On Dec 30, 2023
Instead of talking much and lingering more pages, why not we take it to the ring, bigot to bigot
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Ereolamide: 12:57pm On Dec 30, 2023
agabusta:

I thought I was alone on this oh.

With the whinning and wailing about Mynd44, I had to go back to pull his posts and see what I probably missed!

The rule is in any endeavour never have the upper hand against Ibos. You'll be denigrated, rubbished, your integrity will be called into question. The Saurdana of Sokoto knows these people well.

Let the Nigeria divide, let everyone dey their lane. Abeg.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by PressMyButton: 1:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
GeneralOjukwu:

Seun please open your eyes and read this excellent comment.

LindaIkeji openly let's her own site be pro nna.

Use their hatred to make money. Manipulate them to your advantage like Reno, Wike and now Tinubu smartly did. grin
I frequent Linda's blog, for every 1 Yoruba poster, there are 10 igbo posters, so there's no way Yorubas are getting away unscathed, Yorubas are being constantly insulted and beat down yet the only rules on Linda's forum is a disclaimer that she's not responsible for anybody's comment. Igbos want to have everything go their way and in cases where they find themselves lacking an edge, they cry for protection.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by DeLaRue: 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
I don't think you are a tribali

Why will everyone have to swear they are Muslim before commenting on a thread that is on front page?

My advise is you should stop moving Islam thread to front page just like sexuality thread anyone that want to see the thread should go to the section but forcing it on everyone face on front page then trying to criminally convert us to Islam is nonsense

As a Christian, I support that those of Islamic faith should have a safe place to discuss matters of interest to them without unwanted and provocative interjections by trouble makers.

I have been on Nairaland for a number of years and the amount of vitriol and abuse directed at Islam and their prophet on this politics section is shocking. Yet moslems rarely respond in like manner, and I respect them for that.

Yes, one or two of them ocassionally make jest of some of the flamboyant pastors, but it is still not a common thing. It seems to me that moslems on Nairaland generally are far more restrained than others.

Until now, I wasn't even aware they had a closed section of their own. Now that I know, I support it wholeheartedly.

Those complaining should focus on their own religion and let others be.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by SSFeedsNigeria: 1:06pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ereolamide:

It's a shame you're not a very smart person.

This topic is a reaction to some assertion, in case you've forgotten, Seun spelt it out. I don't think that's too difficult to remember unless your memory is vaporish.

Tribal insults are most times between the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria, Yoruba, Hausa and Ibo. It's usually a one on one thing with the third playing the entertained bystander.

I'm not aware that Yorubas have engaged plateau people on tribal wars either on nairaland or Twitter.

In recent times this tribal superiority contest, mud slinging and slur making has been on all time high between Ibos and Yorubas, is it something to be proud of? I don't think so.

But a certain tribe pretend to be the victim all the time, they always claim not to be the offender,which is an obvious lie.

I have never seen any of the Yoruba belligerents here call out any Ibo moderator to be sacked as much as myn44 has been reported by Ibos.

Both sides are guilty and Seun shouldn't be guilt-tripped because he's Yoruba.

Lol, you're just playing the ostrich or just naive.
Mind4.4 is exactly what he is being accused of. Put up a poll now and ask nairalanders to vote for who is the most tribalistic mod and see if he won't win it by far.

A mod is supposed to be an umpire, a referee or unbiased arbiter who moderates issues logically without attaching sentiments. I'm always shocked when I see that guy taking sides with his tribe. He is the most unprofessional mod I have ever seen.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by PressMyButton: 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ereolamide:

The rule is in any endeavour never have the upper hand against Ibos. You'll be denigrated, rubbished, your integrity will be called into question. The Saurdana of Sokoto knows these people well.

That stupid rule could only exist where they feed and clothe the rest of us but as long as they don't, they should go apply such rules in their villages.

4 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by EmeeNaka: 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:
I would like to address the allegations on Twitter about tribalism on Nairaland or that I am some kind of tribalist, because I was told that not addressing them means that they are true.

The more extreme variants of that claim are being pushed primarily by south-eastern tribalists who feel that south-western tribalists have the upper hand on Nairaland in their battles with each other.

Whenever they are banned after breaking rule 2 of Nairaland, they will go back to Twitter to lament about how Nairaland is against their tribe and how I'm personally working against them.

I urge you to disregard any accusation against me or against Nairaland if the accusers cannot prevent hard evidence to support their claims. These people make things up, and people just believe them.

For avoidance of doubt, I have always been a supporter and admirer of south-eastern people. I will never have any tribalistic bone in my body. I am a human who views people as humans first.

The micro-kernel of truth in the mountain of lies is that Nairaland is under-staffed. The staff I have do not moderate as efficiently as I want them to. They also struggle with following my instructions.

So if you go to Nairaland looking for tribalism, you will find it in certain areas, just as you will if you search Twitter for tribalism, because of people whose main business online is tribal trolling.

However, I want Nairaland to be better than Twitter. I want to improve the consistency of moderation on Nairaland. For this reason, I am in the process of recruiting more people to help.
You must also make sure that divisive content is not allowed either subliminally or overtly. The IPOB-ESN Unknown gunmen supporters have also used Nairaland to launder their image and as such, they promote unrestricted extreme nationalism in South East Nigeria. I can remember that you have banned the use of Nairaland to promote secessionism but IPOB-ESN news always pops up every single day in Nairaland either in support or in justification of their acts or the defence of it.

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by PDPdestroyer(m): 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ereolamide:

As recently as yesterday, a post listing the top 10 movie producers of 2023, that made frontpage was promptly removed because it was 90% Yorubas grin

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by sorextee(m): 1:09pm On Dec 30, 2023
You can hire me. I am a no nonsense teacher. Though I abide by the rules and regulations.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Evergreen4(m): 1:09pm On Dec 30, 2023
Oga, it's not just tribalism, you're also a religious bigรณt. How can you compare members of the forum to agree to certain conditions before they can comment on Islamic topics
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by IDENNAA(m): 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2023
Seun ,listen to yourself. You are grossly unprofessional and ignorant. Your tone and use of language shows how ill equipped you are to run a public forum.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by TimiRume(f): 1:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:

Wow. The tribalism issue is worrisome. There is also the issue of sexism. All need a tactical approach to addressing them.

I will like to be a part of your team especially the job/vacancy section. Nairaland is like a second home to me. I start my day here and finish here.

Consider my request please! ๐Ÿ™‚
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by fx45(m): 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
Beremx:
Abeg Seun don't remove Mynd44 as a moderator o! Instead you remove OAM4J as moderator because he's no longer active. You can replace him with an Igbo moderator to balance up.
I remember Ngwakwe and OAM4J were both moderators before you removed Ngwakwe and replaced him with Mynd44.
Kindly replace OAM4J with an Igbo moderator.
Thanks
That ethnic champion called Mynd44 has to go. He has a difficult time differentiating between his ethnic/political leanings from the job he is engaged to do. Seun MUST do away with him as soon as practicable
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by YourGFsnatcher: 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:

You are doing well Seun. Don't listen to people with entitlement mentality. Every tribe is dragged here, I'm saying it's right but why is it that only some tribes take it personal? I don tire for some people

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Simdyofficial(f): 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
Seun why must one accept to believe in mohammed bfor commenting on islamic post but they are free to comment on christian's post without accepting jesus.. this is part of it and you know.

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by YourGFsnatcher: 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:

You are doing well Seun. Don't listen to people with entitlement mentality. Every tribe is dragged here, I'm saying it's right but why is it that only some tribes take it personal? I don tire for some people.

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by PressMyButton: 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
GeneralOjukwu:

Your comment on Mynd44 is so funny.

I swear the day I meet that suegbe, I might be tempted to slap him.

Do you know how many times I have seen him issue me year-long bans out of the yeye impartiality?

Same guy we are now defending here.. he was assisting his fellow mods to weed out anyone defending Yorubas while those ones were protecting their interests.

I can bet a million dollars., if Seun surveys 100 tribal threads, 95 are done by IPOB. That's a fact.
Lol, who doesn't know this notorious moniker?. The good old days, ban has calmed down everybody. Mynd would appear on a sweet thread where guys were busy feasting on those folks and he would spoil the fun. Una don try abeg.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by YourGFsnatcher: 1:17pm On Dec 30, 2023
IDENNAA:
Seun ,listen to yourself. You are grossly unprofessional and ignorant. Your tone and use of language shows how ill equipped you are to run a public forum.
Be quite !

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by naijapips04: 1:17pm On Dec 30, 2023
Mr Seun , you should never address an entire tribe with the tag 'South Eastern People '. It's derogatory and insulting.

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Shalommy(f): 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
agabusta:

Is it compulsory you comment on Islam thread?
But muslims should comment freely on christian threads. Right? Nonsense!!..

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Christistruth00: 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
Prigidypogodo:
Seun knows what to do and people like you won't exist on nairaland when he's ready to battle tribalism.

It is people like you and ipob that won't exist when he deals with Tribalism

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Christistruth00: 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
Prigidypogodo:
Seun knows what to do and people like you won't exist on nairaland when he's ready to battle tribalism.

It is people like you and ipob that won't exist on Nairaland when he deals with Tribalism

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by ishayaauta(m): 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2023
@ seun please I'm interested in being a mod, and what channel can one apply?
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Ereolamide: 1:23pm On Dec 30, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

Lol, you're just playing the ostrich or just naive.
Mind4.4 is exactly what he is being accused of. Put up a poll now and ask nairalanders to vote for who is the most tribalistic mod and see if he won't win it by far.

A mod is supposed to be an umpire, a referee or unbiased arbiter who moderates issues logically without attaching sentiments. I'm always shocked when I see that guy taking sides with his tribe. He is the most unprofessional mod I have ever seen.

You obviously new to this game, your energy is quite high, I know the feeling when you assume the role of a tribal defender, I was once in your shoes years ago, when the likes of jetlee, ss1panter ran riot on Ibos in politics section. Times have changed.

As an entity on nairaland your topics seem to be the most obtuse and brainless. Quantity bit no iota of quality, if you want to be a tribal warlord bring your brain into the game. Check the comments of legendher, seunmzg, laudat, omohyek, jetle e.t.c

Myd44 is Till Date my most hated moderator, I gloated when his picture was leaked on nairaland years ago๐Ÿ˜€, the fvkka banned my defunct account till 2036 that was at 2016 thereabout. I believe I'm not the only Yoruba who fell victim to his paroxysm of harsh punishment but I have never called for his sack.

The guy is going nowhere.

In fact we die here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Biglittlelois(f): 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2023
Yet people are still insulting mynd44 and Seun in their comments without being banned, so who really are the obvious tribal bigots?

Some are even wishing mynd looses his job because his political stance doesn't conform with theirs, when evil is a person indeed.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Edun Panel Seeks Removal Of SIP From Humanitarian Ministry To Finance / Moves To De-Register LP Will Be Resisted With Our Blood โ€“ Awamaridi / Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.