Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,048 members, 7,814,594 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland (7751 Views)

Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora / Why The Tribalism against the Igbos? / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Albertone(m): 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:
I would like to address the allegations on Twitter about tribalism on Nairaland or that I am some kind of tribalist, because I was told that not addressing them means that they are true.

The more extreme variants of that claim are being pushed primarily by south-eastern tribalists who feel that south-western tribalists have the upper hand on Nairaland in their battles with each other.

Whenever they are banned after breaking rule 2 of Nairaland, they will go back to Twitter to lament about how Nairaland is against their tribe and how I'm personally working against them.

I urge you to disregard any accusation against me or against Nairaland if the accusers cannot prevent hard evidence to support their claims. These people make things up, and people just believe them.

For avoidance of doubt, I have always been a supporter and admirer of south-eastern people. I will never have any tribalistic bone in my body. I am a human who views people as humans first.

The micro-kernel of truth in the mountain of lies is that Nairaland is under-staffed. The staff I have do not moderate as efficiently as I want them to. They also struggle with following my instructions.

So if you go to Nairaland looking for tribalism, you will find it in certain areas, just as you will if you search Twitter for tribalism, because of people whose main business online is tribal trolling.

However, I want Nairaland to be better than Twitter. I want to improve the consistency of moderation on Nairaland. For this reason, I am in the process of recruiting more people to help.

If you need more hands, you can recruit me.

I have experience in community moderation in a Web 3 space.
Having spent close to 9 years on this Forum(2015 till date), I certainly know my way around Nairaland to do the job.

I'm currently learning Frontend Web Development if you can put me in the tech side to gain knowledge and experience.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Ereolamide: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
PressMyButton:

That stupid rule could only exist where they feed and clothe the rest of us but as long as they don't, they should go apply such rules in their villages.

Maybe in an alternate universe where Yorubas are not part of Nigeria.

Presently that's impossible, it's the first time they are witnessing the mightier hands of the Yorubas and it'll be felt both physically and on the web.

They are at loss, they want to keep warring but don't want to keep getting defeated

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by LailonBag: 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:

However, I want Nairaland to be better than Twitter. I want to improve the consistency of moderation on Nairaland. For this reason, I am in the process of recruiting more people to help.

I'd like to apply. What are the criteria required for this position of moderator or staff of Nairaland?
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by MightySparrow: 1:36pm On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:
I would like to address the allegations on Twitter about tribalism on Nairaland or that I am some kind of tribalist, because I was told that not addressing them means that they are true.

The more extreme variants of that claim are being pushed primarily by south-eastern tribalists who feel that south-western tribalists have the upper hand on Nairaland in their battles with each other.

Whenever they are banned after breaking rule 2 of Nairaland, they will go back to Twitter to lament about how Nairaland is against their tribe and how I'm personally working against them.

I urge you to disregard any accusation against me or against Nairaland if the accusers cannot prevent hard evidence to support their claims. These people make things up, and people just believe them.

For avoidance of doubt, I have always been a supporter and admirer of south-eastern people. I will never have any tribalistic bone in my body. I am a human who views people as humans first.

The micro-kernel of truth in the mountain of lies is that Nairaland is under-staffed. The staff I have do not moderate as efficiently as I want them to. They also struggle with following my instructions.

So if you go to Nairaland looking for tribalism, you will find it in certain areas, just as you will if you search Twitter for tribalism, because of people whose main business online is tribal trolling.

Don't mind them Most of the time, these people start the tribal thing. Up till now, they still post things on the YouTube to disrespect Tinubu and yorubas.
They disregard the adage, ' do as you would be done by ' I for one, am not innocent in this. I cannot allow anyone, from anywhere, for any reason type unprintable things against my tribe and fathers without giving it to such quantum.

I have been banned severally for this without any protests from me. Why? Whenever I broke one or more of the rules. I take responsibility for that. These people should do same.
Last week or so, when Nairaland was off air. I feel it as well as many Nairalanders. Please ban whoever errs without fear or favour. We Nairalanders need the platform. We cannot afford it to go off air again. Nairaland is bigger than any one. May I say this? Even bigger than you because it is a forum that brings all Nigerians together for discussion, information, reaction, and sharing of opinions, relaxation and many more.
Keep the flag flying brother.
I wish you more success in your endeavours.
Happy New Year in advance.

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Ereolamide: 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2023
PDPdestroyer:

As recently as yesterday, a post listing the top 10 movie producers of 2023, that made frontpage was promptly removed because it was 90% Yorubas grin

Can you post the link here, please.

You see Seun seems like a softie to me, well he needs to protect his reputation, we don't know where God is leading him, his background maybe checked if he's to handle a sensitive position in the future. We know the cancel culture of this present times.

Nairaland maybe a stepping stone and we don't pray for the ruin of a brother.

If na some dagbanashoko he no go send their papa.

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Biglittlelois(f): 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2023
cococandy:
Nairaland problem is more than tribalism. It checks off the box on every type of bigotry there is in the world. Be serious about curbing them and see your forum progress like it’s international counterparts.

Nairaland is also anti-female, it has reached an extent that ladies do not have a voice anymore without being attacked

Seun take note of this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by fx45(m): 1:40pm On Dec 30, 2023
agabusta:

How come you joined the tribal gang on nairaland?

You started quite well. Abi this account was sold?
She 'started quite well' by being anti-Igbo? Thank God she realized who she is and retraced herself. The only Igbos in your good books are criminals like Joe Igbokwe and Ozodi Osuji
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by PDPdestroyer(m): 1:41pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ereolamide:

You see Seun seems like a softie to me, well he needs to protect his reputation, we don't know where God is leading him, his background maybe checked if he's to handle a sensitive position in the future. We know the cancel culture of this present times.

Unfortunately, I didn't comment on the thread to able to dig it out but let me try and see
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by PaZwoD: 1:43pm On Dec 30, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:

Seun I know this my post will be deleted by that one mod that drinks black bullet on Twitter

If you’re not tribalistic how can you keep a mod like Mynd4 abi wetin be him name

That guy is doing more harm to you than good

Enough said if you like delete my comment I just told you truth many people won’t tell you so if you want a solution then allow users review stand

And please do to Christian section what you did on Muslim section

Muslims will be free to comment on Christian thread without swearing any Mumu oath but Christian section is free for all

Seun you never ready I swear

I want to believe Mynd44 is very popular among some section of Nairalanders or prolly jst following d crowd as usual.

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by MightySparrow: 1:43pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ereolamide:

True talk. He should even ban everybsga that flouts the rules.

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by silibaba: 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2023
HugeElephant:
The tribal warlords have always been majorly from the south East. It's like those people are being paid and dedicate their lives to it. Always creating threads to taunt the other tribes in Nigeria. And attacking people that question their lie peddling and high level bigotry.

It was so bad at a point they said the whole northern Nigeria was an uneducated poverty ridden tribe.
During "Eid" Arewa twitter showed them true wealth. [b]Not some drug [/b]pushing or baby factory wealth.

is your presido not convicted?

At the mention of IGBO AMAKA may heart attack kpai you into the grave grin grin

Free MNK for humanity sake

Peace out.

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Prigidypogodo(f): 1:48pm On Dec 30, 2023
Christistruth00:

It is people like you and ipob that won't exist on Nairaland when he deals with Tribalism
e pain am ooo
hahahahaha
gbagili gbagili gbagili
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by DeLaRue: 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2023
The truth is that a large proportion of Nigerians are ungovernable.

I believe Nairaland has enough rules somewhere on the site for posting. But some will neither read nor follow them.

Most decent people do not need basic rules of social interaction in order to converse in a non-abusive and civilised way. So, the problem is not about lack of rules. It is about us as a people.

Many in Nigeria just want to exist without any rules or boundaries. They are rude, crude, brutish, thin-skinned, impatient, ready for a fight any minute or moment.

Against this background, I have my doubts that anything the owner does will have a lasting effect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by PDPdestroyer(m): 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ereolamide:

https://www.nairaland.com/7951866/top-10-movie-producers-nigeria

That's the thread that got removed from FP yesterday
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by SuperOnyi: 2:00pm On Dec 30, 2023
shocked

Dear Sir Seun.

With this post, you've resurrected that feeling I felt as teen while making research about the owner of Nairaland — inspirational! These idiotic tribalists who have failed to understand that they will always be the same people to outsiders will continue to accuse you but never let them get to you.

God bless SuperOnyi
God bless Seun
God bless Nairaland
God punish those SE and SW tribalists!

Edited.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Nicepoker(m): 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2023
PressMyButton:

You almost lynched him on Twitter at every turn and that's a fact.
I am not on Twitter.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by willi926(m): 2:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
There are some non nationalities who stare up tribal wars on this forum. They just pour fuel to the already burning fire and u see different tribes( mostly southeast and south west) going against each other. This is a faceless forum remember, so seun should look into this aspect. Some non nationalities may not be happy that this forum is a great thing coming out from this country and will do so many things to give it a bad face
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by OnionBandit(f): 2:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
HugeElephant:
The tribal warlords have always been majorly from the south East. It's like those people are being paid and dedicate their lives to it. Always creating threads to taunt the other tribes in Nigeria. And attacking people that question their lie peddling and high level bigotry.

It was so bad at a point they said the whole northern Nigeria was an uneducated poverty ridden tribe.
During "Eid" Arewa twitter showed them true wealth. Not some drug pushing or baby factory wealth.

God bless you real good. I understand why seun is buttlicking these people who think the world revolves around them.. When you talk of hate, intolerance, nepotism and what have you, no one does all of these like the yeebowhs. Go to the religion section, the yeebowhs will go to the Muslim section to insult them for no reason, and you would never find a Muslim do this on a Christian thread. Check all over Nairaland and see how these guys have been cursing and threatening people, and also see how seun has been needlessly buttlicking them.

Seun is a disgrace..I understand he is after the market, cos a lot of these baby factory products are jobless or in their shops and the only way they while a away time is by cursing people on this forum and other media spaces.. but like I stated earlier, Seun is a disgrace..I must not forget to add that he is a coward. Otherwise, how do you dedicate a thread to defend the accusations of the yeebowhs. I have been banned several times with different monikers on this forum because I responded to some folks that lack basic home training...

..and in the end, na we still dey support am for twitter while the yeebowhs he is buttlicking are hellbent on destroying what he spent years of hard work to build

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by aswani(m): 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
Biglittlelois:

Nairaland is also anti-female, it has reached an extent that ladies do not have a voice anymore without being attacked

Seun take note of this.

Honestly, anti Female, anti Muslim and anti Ndi Yoruba. If you are a female Yoruba Muslim on here, I feel for you.

If you are a male IPOBidient Christian, this place must be heaven for you. You can just abuse and insult who you want and get likes left, right and centre from your fellow IPOBidients which makes you think you are Okay when in reality, you should have your device taken away from you and be locked up somewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by FlawlessKarl: 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
YoungBlackRico:
This is pure fact and nothing more. What is happening is the fact that Yorubas refused to accept the same treatment they melted out to Notherns. And that is what they can't handle...they didn't know there are people that can match their energy and do more even, now they are crying everywhere.

These people are the most hypocritical humans on earth. Manipulators and blackmailers.

Match ke

The reason being is that south easterners and south south tribalists are banned here for a longer period of time while the south west tribalists are treated with kids gloves here. South west are learners when it comes to tribal banters , what gives them energy is because Mynd44 got their back here, reason you see them crying helplessly that Seun should dare not sack Mynd44, because that tribalistic mod got their back
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by OnionBandit(f): 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
aljharem:
@Seun. It is unfortunate that you have not read the handwriting on the wall.

I have been here since the inception of Nairaland and had my fair share.

These SE tribalist are IPOB and ready to destroy your business. Smell the coffee already and stop being a weakling.

They use different user names to stir up tribal issues and are a cancer to the society.

Ban anyone with tribal inclination on any topic and watch tribalism reduce.

These people are revisionist and wicked and it is just a matter of time they destroy all you stand for.

They are the same from GRV to IPOB
just leave seun, make him dey suck their ballz. He will never understand.

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Beremx(f): 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2023
agabusta:

How come you joined the tribal gang on nairaland?

?
where's your proof?
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Northernblood7(m): 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2023
HugeElephant:

During "Eid" Arewa twitter showed them true wealth. Not some drug pushing or baby factory wealth.

Seun the pretender, didn't you see how your mod quickly deleted the first comment I made against this guy cursing Ndi Igbo. You pretended as if you didn't see this comment.

Are you not seeing that this guy referred to Ndi Igbo as baby factory and drug pushing wealth accumulators. Isn't that tribal enough for your cone head?
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by omohayek: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2023
donwily:
I don't know about you, Mr. Seun but majority of Yoruba people are very tribalistic.
I have a Home in Ogun state and work in Lagos. So, I know what I'm talking about.
Irony of ironies, your brazen generalization here, based on your very limited (and no doubt highly prejudiced) personal experience, is the textbook definition of tribalism in action. How can you possibly know what tens of millions of strangers believe?

It is precisely because so many other commenters on here are like you, in being oblivious to their own biases, that I find it impossible to take all the accusations of "bias" against Mynd44 seriously. To paraphrase a common saying, "to the bigoted, equality in moderation feels like prejudice".

4 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Adaisback(f): 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2023
Dear Seun, you are not tribalistic but your mods are. You are simply bias or how do I explain the soft spot for Muslim section but none for the christians. Anyways, the Israelites are coming!!!

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by dammybrite: 2:40pm On Dec 30, 2023
@Seun

I'll gladly volunteer as a moderator on the investment board
Onnasucs1:
I'm interested Seun. I'd love to volunteer
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Roboto11: 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:

Seun I know this my post will be deleted by that one mod that drinks black bullet on Twitter

If you’re not tribalistic how can you keep a mod like Mynd4 abi wetin be him name

That guy is doing more harm to you than good

Enough said if you like delete my comment I just told you truth many people won’t tell you so if you want a solution then allow users review stand

Muslims will be free to comment on Christian thread without swearing any Mumu oath but Christian section is free for all

You are a bloody liar.

The problem you have is that mynd4d debunks the lies you and your co-travellers peddle.

You've always wanted to get rid of him for this reason.

You lot are evil.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Moferere: 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2023
Recruit me as a mod. Seun you will never regret it
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Biglittlelois(f): 2:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
aswani:

Honestly, anti Female, anti Muslim and anti Ndi Yoruba. If you are a female Yoruba Muslim on here, I feel for you.

If you are a male IPOBidient Christian, this place must be heaven for you. You can just abuse and insult who you want and get likes left, right and centre from your fellow IPOBidients which makes you think you are Okay when in reality, you should have your device taken away from you and be locked up somewhere.

Take your tribal and religious sentiments away from me abeg, with all that is being said here imagine the nonsense you just spewed.

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by LajaLaba: 2:46pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ogilinsaka:
Seun, first things first.....

Remove mynd44 as a mod on politics section. Assign him to another section.

Ban leodeking from your Nairaland for life. If he uses a new account ban him also. You can tell his comments cos they're always vile, vicious and lethargic.

My 2 cents to you...goodluck
But he should leave IBO tribalist alone?right?u IBOS are funny Sha!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by LeeSmart: 2:48pm On Dec 30, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:

This is the very reason i will tell u daht seun is very bias... I believe u're not the first person to have raised this very issue but he has delibrateley refused to do anything about it, it shows daht seun doesn't rate christians at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Niger Delta Group Hails Tinubu Tinubu For Appointing Otuaro As Amnesty Boss / Subsidy Probe Panel Rejects Valentine Cake From Oil Marketer / Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.