Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,898 members, 7,810,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland (7740 Views)

Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora / Why The Tribalism against the Igbos? / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Seun(m): 8:53am On Dec 30, 2023
I would like to address the allegations on Twitter about tribalism on Nairaland or that I am some kind of tribalist, because I was told that not addressing them means that they are true.

The more extreme variants of that claim are being pushed primarily by south-eastern tribalists who feel that south-western tribalists have the upper hand on Nairaland in their battles with each other.

Whenever they are banned after breaking rule 2 of Nairaland, they will go back to Twitter to lament about how Nairaland is against their tribe and how I'm personally working against them.

I urge you to disregard any accusation against me or against Nairaland if the accusers cannot prevent hard evidence to support their claims. These people make things up, and people just believe them.

For avoidance of doubt, I have always been a supporter and admirer of south-eastern people. I will never have any tribalistic bone in my body. I am a human who views people as humans first.

The micro-kernel of truth in the mountain of lies is that Nairaland is under-staffed. The staff I have do not moderate as efficiently as I want them to. They also struggle with following my instructions.

So if you go to Nairaland looking for tribalism, you will find it in certain areas, just as you will if you search Twitter for tribalism, because of people whose main business online is tribal trolling.

However, I want Nairaland to be better than Twitter. I want to improve the consistency of moderation on Nairaland. For this reason, I am in the process of recruiting more people to help.

112 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by HugeElephant(f): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2023
The tribal warlords have always been majorly from the south East. It's like those people are being paid and dedicate their lives to it. Always creating threads to taunt the other tribes in Nigeria. And attacking people that question their lie peddling and high level bigotry.

It was so bad at a point they said the whole northern Nigeria was an uneducated poverty ridden tribe.
During "Eid" Arewa twitter showed them true wealth. Not some drug pushing or baby factory wealth.

92 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by dawnomike(m): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:
I would like to address the allegation on Twitter about tribalism on Nairaland or that I am some kind of tribalist, because I was told that not addressing it means that they are true.

The more extreme variants of that claim are being pushed primarily by south-eastern tribalists who feel that south-western tribalists have the upper hand on Nairaland in their battles with each other.

Whenever they are banned after breaking rule 2 of Nairaland, they will come back to Twitter to lament about how Nairaland is against their tribe and how I'm personally working against them.

I urge you to disregard any accusation against me or against Nairaland if the accusers cannot prevent hard evidence to support their claims. These people make things up, and people just believe them.

For avoidance of doubt, I have always been a supporter and admirer of south-eastern people. I will never have any tribalistic bone in my body. I am a human who views people as humans first.

The micro-kernel of truth in the mountain of lies is that Nairaland is under-staffed. The staff I have do not moderate as efficiently as I want them to. They also struggle with following my instructions.

So if you go to Nairaland looking for tribalism, you will find it in certain areas, just as you will if you search Twitter for tribalism, because of people whose main business online is tribal trolling.

However, I want Nairaland to be better than Twitter. I want to improve the consistency of moderation on Nairaland. For this reason, I am in the process of recruiting more people to help.
Seun posted!!!

Good you've said something to debunk it cos it was getting worrisome already.

But, try to delete the specific region from your post.. Just generakize your message.

Nice way to end 2023!!!

17 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by unitysheart(m): 8:55am On Dec 30, 2023
Hmmmmm.

If you need volunteers @seun, I can help.

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by God1000(m): 8:55am On Dec 30, 2023
To me Mr seun is a unifier and a supporter of eastern Nigeria, I've known this for long, though I can't say the same about some of his mods.

You just have to put in place a more capable abuse team that will perform well.

We all should refrain from bigotry and behave well come 2024, the blame goes to everybody if this platform is toxic because it is filled with Nigerians themselves.

Though I'm not surprised seeing this rivalry, the last presidential election had two candidates from the two tribes with each of them supporting their own, this is highly expected, the two tribes have the good, the bad and the ugly.

We have over 500 different tribes in Nigeria, this forum is beyond some miscreants disturbing us

I'm not Igbo or Yoruba but a patriotic Nigerian

Lastly Mr seun has done well with the appointment of fergie001 as moderator

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Jokerman(m): 8:56am On Dec 30, 2023
Yes please.

Employ mods from the two dumb political motivated tribes on the country...

So they'd be in the process of cancelling tribal rants against their tribes.

That's a win

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by whatmoreng: 8:56am On Dec 30, 2023
Well said.

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by AqualinaXYZ: 8:59am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun if you want sanity returned to Nairaland you would have to sacked some of your TRIBALISTIC moderators

You’ll see your moderators taking sides on politics threads and banning anyone who doesn’t agree with his views

I no wan mention him name but I believe we all know him but if you mention Mynd I’ll add 44

When APC supporters attack people who doesn’t support una Tinubu and the attackers fires back they’ll rush to tag Mynd(44) boom you’re blocked

But that particular mod never ban APC supporters

We all mustn’t support Tinubu and till your mods understand that then tribalism will always prevail

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by AqualinaXYZ: 8:59am On Dec 30, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Why not automate your rules? Seems like the human mods are biased.

Recruiting more hands(tribalist) will not help

Seun I know this my post will be deleted by that one mod that drinks black bullet on Twitter

If you’re not tribalistic how can you keep a mod like Mynd4 abi wetin be him name

That guy is doing more harm to you than good

Enough said if you like delete my comment I just told you truth many people won’t tell you so if you want a solution then allow users review stand

And please do to Christian section what you did on Muslim section

Muslims will be free to comment on Christian thread without swearing any Mumu oath but Christian section is free for all

Seun you never ready I swear

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by tempest01(m): 8:59am On Dec 30, 2023
Even in your rebuttal, you are throwing tribe around. South east this, south west that.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by aljharem(m): 9:00am On Dec 30, 2023
@Seun. It is unfortunate that you have not read the handwriting on the wall.

I have been here since the inception of Nairaland and had my fair share.

These SE tribalist are IPOB and ready to destroy your business. Smell the coffee already and stop being a weakling.

They use different user names to stir up tribal issues and are a cancer to the society.

Ban anyone with tribal inclination on any topic and watch tribalism reduce.

These people are revisionist and wicked and it is just a matter of time they destroy all you stand for.

They are the same from GRV to IPOB

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by OmoFiditi: 9:01am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:
I would like to address the allegations on Twitter about tribalism on Nairaland or that I am some kind of tribalist, because I was told that not addressing them means that they are true.

Whenever they are banned after breaking rule 2 of Nairaland, they will go back to Twitter to lament about how Nairaland is against their tribe and how I'm personally working against them.

You are not tribalist..

But you allowed tribalistic mods like Mynd44 to mess up this site for you..

I have seen him yank off most anti-yoruba threads within split seconds, then peeps into anti-Ibo threads opened by the likes of tribalists like Legendhero and seunmsg and then runs away from those anti-Ibo threads without shutting it down. He allows the threads to fester to 20 pages sometimes.

Mynd44 is pro-APC (I have no problem with that), but there is a thin line between being anti-Igbo and pro-APC on this site, his bias was always clear and he did it with an in-your-face confidence like he owned the site.

You can consider making moderators go through elections, before they are allowed to serve.

85 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Timoleon(m): 9:02am On Dec 30, 2023
Story story

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Ogilinsaka: 9:04am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun, first things first.....

Remove mynd44 as a mod on politics section. Assign him to another section.

Ban leodeking from your Nairaland for life. If he uses a new account ban him also. You can tell his comments cos they're always vile, vicious and lethargic.

My 2 cents to you...goodluck

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Christistruth00: 9:04am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun remove Region Just say a certain section of the Country that felt aggrieved because of the last Election accused you of being Tribal

Everyone knows them
They insult everyone not on their side
even their own who try to just correct them

They are busy astonishingly even attacking Ajayi Crowther on Twitter as we speak for giving them their Alphabet and first books

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:04am On Dec 30, 2023
Why not automate your rules? Seems like the human mods are biased.
Recruiting more hands(tribalist) will not help

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by donbrowser(m): 9:06am On Dec 30, 2023
Start from their usernames, anyone who createa silly usernames to stoke tribal conflicts should be banned!

These people cannot be handled with levity. Another issue is you giving GRV who has a tribal record your platform to campaign on NL

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by oluwaseyi0: 9:06am On Dec 30, 2023
I don't think you are a tribalist but I do think your platform support and greatly promote religious supremacy

Why will everyone have to swear they are Muslim before commenting on a thread that is on front page?

My advise is you should stop moving Islam thread to front page just like sexuality thread anyone that want to see the thread should go to the section but forcing it on everyone face on front page then trying to criminally convert us to Islam is nonsense

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Onnasucs1(m): 9:06am On Dec 30, 2023
I'm interested Seun. I'd love to volunteer
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Abufo: 9:08am On Dec 30, 2023
HugeElephant:
The tribal warlords have always been majorly from the south east. It's like those people are being paid and dedicate their lives to it. Always creating threads to taunt the other tribes in Nigeria.

It was so bad at a point they said the whole northern Nigeria was an uneducated poverty ridden tribe.
During "Eid" Arewa twitter showed them true wealth. Not some drug pushing or baby factory wealth. God abeg o grin

See this one! Is it in southeast that multi million naira homes were in some cases vindictively demolished, was it in Anambra that yorubas were threatened at the eve of every election not to come out to vote.........was in southeast that people who looked yorubaish were maimed and beaten! Una no serious............Lagos and yorubaland is not the only city nor region Igbos do business in....we go soon waka ...make we see how body go dey una!

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by seedic: 9:08am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:

Ready to be employed sir!
Will do a great job
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by joseph1832(m): 9:08am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:

People who don't like you are willing to believe anything, especially when it doesn't suit their narrative. However, you need to address the area of moderating. Nairaland is becoming a shadow of itself. Things are going to sh1t and the site is now a cesspool of immature kids who knows absolutely nothing.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by accordadoga21(f): 9:09am On Dec 30, 2023
Hehehe

Those people and victimization mentality.

They are the ones Nairaland is even protecting.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by SlavaUkraini: 9:09am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun

E be like say you dey whine yourself.

Even if you are not Tribalistic, have you not noticed that mynd44 is a Bloody Tribal Bigot ?

Are you so out of touch with the happenings on your site... ?

Sack that mynd44 Nigga Now if you truly want sanity in your site...

Or else the allegations against you are true....

For all we care, you may even be the same person behind the mynd44 moniker...

Yes You..

If you like ban this my moniker, I have and would register several others..

#mynd44 must go

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by OmoFiditi: 9:10am On Dec 30, 2023
aljharem:
@Seun. It is unfortunate that you have not read the handwriting on the wall.

I have been here since the inception of Nairaland and had my fair share.

These SE tribalist are IPOB and ready to destroy your business. Smell the coffee already and stop being a weakling.

They use different user names to stir up tribal issues and are a cancer to the society.

Ban anyone with tribal inclination on any topic and watch tribalism reduce.

These people are revisionist and wicked and it is just a matter of time they destroy all you stand for.

They are the same from GRV to IPOB

Alhaji Haram, one of the pioneers of tribalism on NL has spoken. Where is dayokanu? grin

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Totilopussylick(m): 9:11am On Dec 30, 2023
What's happening today Mr Seun?

No threads is hitting the front page up till now sad

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Becomrich Says When I Become President , Quote Me An Igbo Would Be President / 45,000 Ghost-Workers Uncovered & N100bn Saved / PDP Vows To Recapture Rivers, Edo In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.