Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland (7793 Views)

Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora / Why The Tribalism against the Igbos? / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Dpharisee: 9:31am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun can you go to politics section and see the kind of vitriol being meted out to Igbos on this platform, its like you are still living in denial.
Yoruba tribalists having an upper hand in the tribalism here according to you is because most of their anti Igbo venom are pushed to the front page by your Mods especially Mynd44, for several months every anti Igbo article from people like Reno Omokri is pushed to FP while responses and pudhbacks topics from Igbos are buried deep in the forum and left to be overtaken by new threads.

There are several known Monikers here that for years have been identified as pushing extreme bigotry especially against Igbos and every other person that deviates from the official government line is attacked and bullied and labelled as Igbo and the only thing that the Mods do is delete their comments while Monikers of those acclaimed to be Igbo are banned for months.
Since bigotry has become a norm here, I expect a balanced and level playing field for all bigots whether Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa etc

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Prigidypogodo(f): 9:34am On Dec 30, 2023
HugeElephant:
The tribal warlords have always been majorly from the south East. It's like those people are being paid and dedicate their lives to it. Always creating threads to taunt the other tribes in Nigeria. And attacking people that question their lie peddling and high level bigotry.

It was so bad at a point they said the whole northern Nigeria was an uneducated poverty ridden tribe.
During "Eid" Arewa twitter showed them true wealth. Not some drug pushing or baby factory wealth.

God bless you Seun.
your first step in stamping out tribalism in this blessed forum is reshuffling your cabinet and putting some mods into different sections if there's no option of laying off.
again this time try and recruit non partisan mods into sensitive sections like politics and crime and mandate them to stamp out any form of tribalism and hate direct and indirect.

Seun a capable mod will end tribalism in less than 48 hrs here trust me.
God bless you Mr Seun Osenwa
God bless nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by aswani(m): 9:34am On Dec 30, 2023
Sir,

Once more, I will advise you that you need a heavy element of automation in your moderation process.

Set up a naughty dictionary, if anyone posts words from there three times, automatically suspend that account until an actual mod has time to go through the posts and "unsuspends" or ban the username.

It's too easy to register, tighten up the process by only allowing it to happen at certain times and/or making people include personal information that can be handed over to the authorities in the event of repeated libellous statements being made.

No matter how many mods you employ, the horse has bolted and it would never be enough, once more you must set up and automated moderation process to go hand in hand with human moderators.

I look at the membership figures you claim and chuckle, they are incorrect because people have multiple monikers and some are so brazen to add numbers to the names even.

You do a great job keeping this site going, but you must now know that some are hell bent on destroying it and you should try to at least to make it as difficult for them as possible.

9 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by nairalanda1(m): 9:35am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:
I would like to address the allegations on Twitter about tribalism on Nairaland or that I am some kind of tribalist, because I was told that not addressing them means that they are true.

The more extreme variants of that claim are being pushed primarily by south-eastern tribalists who feel that south-western tribalists have the upper hand on Nairaland in their battles with each other.

Whenever they are banned after breaking rule 2 of Nairaland, they will go back to Twitter to lament about how Nairaland is against their tribe and how I'm personally working against them.

I urge you to disregard any accusation against me or against Nairaland if the accusers cannot prevent hard evidence to support their claims. These people make things up, and people just believe them.

For avoidance of doubt, I have always been a supporter and admirer of south-eastern people. I will never have any tribalistic bone in my body. I am a human who views people as humans first.

The micro-kernel of truth in the mountain of lies is that Nairaland is under-staffed. The staff I have do not moderate as efficiently as I want them to. They also struggle with following my instructions.

So if you go to Nairaland looking for tribalism, you will find it in certain areas, just as you will if you search Twitter for tribalism, because of people whose main business online is tribal trolling.

However, I want Nairaland to be better than Twitter. I want to improve the consistency of moderation on Nairaland. For this reason, I am in the process of recruiting more people to help.

Time to employ more staff. Some of us might volunteer, if not for things like work and other life commitments..ouch.

Also, on a more serious note, maybe mods should just move tribalist content to the Ethnic , racial section.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by UncleAyo: 9:36am On Dec 30, 2023
Dear Mr. Seun, don't allow yourself to be manipulated. There are some criticism and complaint that are best ignored.

mynd44 is not a tribalist, some people just hate deferring opinion.

You can see how they call their tribesmen saboti, and get them killed for having the mind of their own. Kings and traditional rulers can not voice their deferring or correctional opinion for fear of cold blood murder.

There are some people you can't just satisfy. Even if you offer your life to be sacrificed on their behalf, it will still not be enough.

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by maivd: 9:38am On Dec 30, 2023
Abufo:

See this one! Is it in southeast that multi million naira homes were in some cases vindictively demolished, was it in Anambra that yorubas were threatened at the eve of every election not to come out to vote.........was in southeast that people who looked yorubaish were maimed and beaten! Una no serious............Lagos and yorubaland is not the only city nor region Igbos do business in....we go soon waka ...make we see how body go dey una!
Why you never waka...which one be we go soon waka?

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by SirBunky85(m): 9:38am On Dec 30, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Seun if you want sanity returned to Nairaland you would have to sack some of your TRIBALISTIC moderators

You’ll see your moderators taking sides on politics threads and banning anyone who doesn’t agree with his views

I no wan mention him name but I believe we all know him

When APC supporters attack people who doesn’t support una Tinubu and the attackers fires back they’ll rush to tag him boom you’re blocked

But that particular mod never ban APC supporters

We all mustn’t support Tinubu and till your mods understand that then tribalism will always prevail
you're a pathetic blackmailer. Most of you are always the first to attack any APC or Tinubu supporters. You people want everyone to support Obi.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Prigidypogodo(f): 9:40am On Dec 30, 2023
aswani:
Sir,

Once more, I will advise you that you need a heavy element of automation in your moderation process.

Set up a naughty dictionary, if anyone posts words from there three times, automatically suspend that account until an actual mod has time to go through the posts and "unsuspends" or ban the username.

It's too easy to register, tighten up the process by only allowing it to happen at certain times and/or making people include personal information that can be handed over to the authorities in the event of repeated libellous statements being made.

No matter how many mods you employ, the horse has bolted and it would never be enough, once more you must set up and automated moderation process to go hand in hand with human moderators.

I look at the membership figures you claim and chuckle, they are incorrect because people have multiple monikers and some are so brazen to add numbers to the names even.

You do a great job keeping this site going, but you must now know that some are hell bent on destroying it and you should try to at least to make it as difficult for them as possible.
bro that's a lie
a capable mods will stamp out tribalism in less than 48hrs
if you give someone like me mod in politics section in less than 48hrs if you see any single tribalist here call me bastard.
it's that easy.
it's just that we lack neutral mods that tactically enables those posting his views and tribalism nature.
he shield them and ban those that opposes them.
Seun knows these mods.
they'll be quick to delete the report you complain about those posting what they like so other neutral mods will not see it and ban those people that he aligns with their posts.
this is nothing but the truth happening here.
I wish Seun will listen to us.

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Bigkoko: 9:40am On Dec 30, 2023
Just exactly how they describe you guys! Una no fit change. Wetin concern Arewa guy now? Is this not the same Arewa guy that says Lagos is empty because Igbos have gone to their lands, and that you guys almost swallow him?

If you guys don't drag other people & tribe in on your rants, or issues with Igbos, will you die? Always looking for who to show Igbos pepper.. that's how you guys ave forced a pastor and former president aide; Reno, to b behaving like a munkey online just o please you guys!

As people stay in your house, kindly know that you might stay in other people's houses too.

That is the point I get from all these!

Seun has nairaland where Mod succumb to ethnic pressure & affiliations. Yes he can do as he wish, but alas he's also on another man's SM...lol That's the irony of life!

Na turn by turn. Every one get advantage somewhere, you should not tell people how to hit back especially when they perceive you are hitting them!

HugeElephant:
The tribal warlords have always been majorly from the south East. It's like those people are being paid and dedicate their lives to it. Always creating threads to taunt the other tribes in Nigeria. And attacking people that question their lie peddling and high level bigotry.

It was so bad at a point they said the whole northern Nigeria was an uneducated poverty ridden tribe.
During "Eid" Arewa twitter showed them true wealth. Not some drug pushing or baby factory wealth.

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Goodday90(m): 9:40am On Dec 30, 2023
SirBunky85:
you're a pathetic blackmailer. Most of you are always the first to attack any APC or Tinubu supporters. You people want everyone to support Obi.
So being against Tinunu equals to being against Yoruba

What I noticed during the elections,Igbo people writing against tinubu and Yoruba people insulting Obi and the whole Igbo and also trying to incite others to join them in hating Igbo
Threads about Biafra began springing up about how igbos wanted to take every land(that’s yoruba specialty,Propaganda)

5 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Abagworo(m): 9:41am On Dec 30, 2023
HugeElephant:

So you cannot see the tribalism, hate and stereotyping in this your comment liked by many like you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by SirBunky85(m): 9:41am On Dec 30, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:

Seun I know this my post will be deleted by that one of your particular mod that drinks black bullet on Twitter

If you’re not tribalistic how can you keep a mod like Mynd4 abi wetin be him name

That guy is doing more harm to you than good

Enough said if you like delete my comment I just told you truth many people won’t tell you so if you don’t want a solution then allow users review stand
your so called truth are lies cuz,most of you just don't like the guts of MYNd44.he'll keep being a mod.here.you think you all can blackmail Seun into removing Mynd44?it won't happen.you can go create your own platform and appoint any mod.you want.pathetic hypocrites

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Max24: 9:42am On Dec 30, 2023
dawnomike:
Seun posted!!!

Good you've said something to debunk it cos it was getting worrisome already.

But, try to delete the specific region from your post.. Just generakize your message.

Nice way to end 2023!!!
No need to delete the specific region from his post. If we are going to solve the problem we must not be afraid to speak the truth. It's good to call a spade a spade. I totally support his effort.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:44am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun a lot of people have said band those that alter tribalistic comments good but it will work if you regulate the multiple accounts
1. Gold account: if you need to post comments immediately the account is opened with certain amounts to be paid above #3,000.
2. Standard account:if you need to post comments it takes a week #3,000.
3.Regular account: it's should be minimum of two weeks
By then the fire to gaslight the situation will have gone down and this will control the ways a person will have more account to derail, bullies and scams others

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by OBTOREPA(m): 9:44am On Dec 30, 2023
Suen, if you really want to correct tribalistic post here. Mentioning a particular region (South East) is not necessarily.
You can't be using a tribalistic post to correct tribalism, just be neutral in your post.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Prigidypogodo(f): 9:44am On Dec 30, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Seun if you want sanity returned to Nairaland you would have to sack some of your TRIBALISTIC moderators

You’ll see your moderators taking sides on politics threads and banning anyone who doesn’t agree with his views

When APC supporters attack people who doesn’t support una Tinubu and the attackers fires back they’ll rush to tag him boom you’re blocked

We all mustn’t support Tinubu and till your mods understand that then tribalism will always prevail
people have been singing the same song to Seun for ages but he has refused to take action.
the thing is that this particular mod does not even pretend but does it openly and Seun have refused to take action.
probably have something against Seun.
all the talks of limiting tribalism on nairaland is and will be farce if he Seun don't first end tribalistic mods.

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by FoolishBoy419: 9:44am On Dec 30, 2023
A lion shouldn't care about the opinion of Sheep, Mr. Seun. You have some flaws just like every other human being but tribalism isn't one of them.

And don't forget, Sir, that this tribalism became rampant after 2015 when every single political thread was filled with mostly Southeasterners calling northerners monkeys, ab0kees, born-throway, malu, subhumans, almajiree, etc just because of Buhari. They gave birth to the monster and funny enough, they cannot handle a fraction of that treatment from Southwestern tribalists.

You have a choice between catering to a set of idiots people that will never appreciate you or just focusing on your business regardless of how the crybabies feel.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by SirBunky85(m): 9:45am On Dec 30, 2023
Goodday90:
So being against Tinunu equals to being against Yoruba

What I noticed during the elections,Igbo people writing against tinubu and Yoruba people insulting Obi and the whole Igbo and also trying to incite others to join them in hating Igbo
Threads about Biafra began springing up about how igbos wanted to take every land(that’s yoruba specialty,Propaganda)
let me tell you for free that, I'm Igbo but,I can swear that my people started all these attacks on anything APC or Yoruba. Even most of the radio stations in ABA and umuahia were all castigating Tinubu and the APC .just take a look at the way,they insulted Prof.Soyinka simply because he said that Obi didn't win but,they forgot that same Soyinka supported Obi during the elections.

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:45am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:
I would like to address the allegations on Twitter about tribalism on Nairaland or that I am some kind of tribalist, because I was told that not addressing them means that they are true.

The more extreme variants of that claim are being pushed primarily by south-eastern tribalists who feel that south-western tribalists have the upper hand on Nairaland in their battles with each other.

Whenever they are banned after breaking rule 2 of Nairaland, they will go back to Twitter to lament about how Nairaland is against their tribe and how I'm personally working against them.

I urge you to disregard any accusation against me or against Nairaland if the accusers cannot prevent hard evidence to support their claims. These people make things up, and people just believe them.

For avoidance of doubt, I have always been a supporter and admirer of south-eastern people. I will never have any tribalistic bone in my body. I am a human who views people as humans first.

The micro-kernel of truth in the mountain of lies is that Nairaland is under-staffed. The staff I have do not moderate as efficiently as I want them to. They also struggle with following my instructions.

So if you go to Nairaland looking for tribalism, you will find it in certain areas, just as you will if you search Twitter for tribalism, because of people whose main business online is tribal trolling.

However, I want Nairaland to be better than Twitter. I want to improve the consistency of moderation on Nairaland. For this reason, I am in the process of recruiting more people to help.

Seun a lot of people have said band those that alter tribalistic comments good but it will work if you regulate the multiple accounts
1. Gold account: if you need to post comments immediately the account is opened with certain amounts to be paid above #3,000.
2. Standard account:if you need to post comments it takes a week #3,000.
3.Regular account: it's should be minimum of two weeks
By then the fire to gaslight the situation will have gone down and this will control the ways a person will have more account to derail, bullies and scams others
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by HugeElephant(f): 9:46am On Dec 30, 2023
Bigkoko:
Just exactly how they describe you guys! Una no fit change. Wetin concern Arewa guy now? Is this not the same Arewa guy that says Lagos is empty because Igbos have gone to their lands, and that you guys almost swallow him?

If you guys don't drag other people & tribe in on your rants, or issues with Igbos, will you die? Always looking for who to show Igbos pepper.. that's how you guys ave forced a pastor and former president aide; Reno, to b behaving like a munkey online just o please you guys!

As people stay in your house, kindly know that you might stay in other people's houses too.

That is the point I get from all these!

Seun has nairaland where Mod succumb to ethnic pressure & affiliations. Yes he can do as he wish, but alas he's also on another man's SM...lol That's the irony of life!

Na turn by turn. Every one get advantage somewhere, you should not tell people how to hit back especially when they perceive you are hitting them!

Get thee away from me Satan
I command you to rest in Jesus name angry

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Prigidypogodo(f): 9:46am On Dec 30, 2023
aljharem:
@Seun. It is unfortunate that you have not read the handwriting on the wall.

I have been here since the inception of Nairaland and had my fair share.

These SE tribalist are IPOB and ready to destroy your business. Smell the coffee already and stop being a weakling.

They use different user names to stir up tribal issues and are a cancer to the society.

Ban anyone with tribal inclination on any topic and watch tribalism reduce.

These people are revisionist and wicked and it is just a matter of time they destroy all you stand for.

They are the same from GRV to IPOB
if Seun is real in ending tribalism in this forum people like you will be suspended indefinitely.
just look at your hypocrisy.
Nonsense human beings everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Prigidypogodo(f): 9:48am On Dec 30, 2023
Christistruth00:
Seun remove Region Just say a certain section of the Country that felt aggrieved because of the last Election accused you of being Tribal

Everyone knows them
They insult everyone not on their side
even their own who try to just correct them

They are busy astonishingly even attacking Ajayi Crowther on Twitter as we speak for giving them their Alphabet and first books
Seun knows what to do and people like you won't exist on nairaland when he's ready to battle tribalism.

5 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by OlujobaSamuel: 9:48am On Dec 30, 2023
tivta:

Seun I'm highly disappointed in you. You can't claim not to see most tribal threads come from pro TINUBU supporters, from hungerbad, Leo, seunmes etc. well no matter how hard we try Nigeria will always be divided along tribal lines.
Enjoy nairaland fame while it lasts.
Least I forget if mynd44 is still a mod after all these, then you are truly tribalistic...
Be calming down and get your facts correctly.
Hungerbad is late.

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by johnnygan(m): 9:48am On Dec 30, 2023
I had to come back from twitter after some years of absence
If you need some volunteers I can help. I have community management skills and I have experience with huge communities.
Usually online 18hrs/day.

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Dpharisee: 9:49am On Dec 30, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:

You mean that mod with an evil Mynd

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Cantonese: 9:50am On Dec 30, 2023
OBTOREPA:
Suen, if you really want to correct tribalistic post here. Mentioning a particular region (South East) is not necessarily.
You can't be using a tribalistic post to correct tribalism, just be neutral in your post.
Thanks.

Very correct.

Now take notice about the comments so far. Notice those who have made most comments and their region.

Take tribalism off this platform and you have succeeded in taking away plenty irresponsible youths, whose only stock in trade is abuse. Also you would have succeeded in properly getting only decent people to discourse with decorum and respect. With no opportunity to abuse, the truly lazy youths will walk away from the platform.

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Tekzyflex(m): 9:50am On Dec 30, 2023
Nairaland is not an exception of every Nigeria society where tribalism is a norm.

5 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Bigkoko: 9:51am On Dec 30, 2023
Hahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣 wahala for Satan! Na small small you go soon enter street dey pick trash..... Hahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣

No be me say make una vote Asiwaju ohhh. No be me say make frustration dey hit una ohhh!
No be me say make be tribalists ohhh.
Hahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣 frustration don hold this one!

HugeElephant:

Get thee away from me Satan
I command you to rest in Jesus name angry
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Prigidypogodo(f): 9:51am On Dec 30, 2023
OmoFiditi:

Alhaji Haram, one of the pioneers of tribalism on NL has spoken. Where is dayokanu? grin
even those days dayokanu and co
it was not this worse.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by jo2222(m): 9:51am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:

Mr Seun, am ready to join the team of moderators, am young and eager to work.

Have been a visitor on nairaland since 2017, then it wasn't filled with tribalist like this, am ready to work to return it to is former glory and am ready to take instructions.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by DesChyko: 9:51am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun, I'm not sure if you will read this, but eventually if you do, take this advice to heart if you can. (I agree that Nairaland is understaffed. There some moderators I see listed in some sections that haven't been on Nairaland in a while. However, twice in the politics section, I unveiled the Rare Gem moniker to be behind at least 5 other monikers but nothing was done about it till date)

Ban anyone you need to ban! This forum is in dire need of sanity from bigots of all sides. We've had Nairalanders gloat over marginalization and killings of Northerners and others on this forum. We've had Nairalanders ascribe all sorts of obscene names and characters to the South Easterners. We've had Nairalanders launch all manner of attacks on the South Westerners. These are just for the 3 major tribes in Nigeria. There are more.

What I would advise is you step back from direct hands-on management of this forum. Forgive me if that is already in play, but make it clear, who is/are running the place. Whenever you need to come in, let it be as a mediator, as a reset button, not as 'one of them'. Give your subordinates a clear order to extinguish Tribalism by all means.

If someone was caught hurling tribal slurs, there is no need to look for the source or who started it first, banish such person! There is evidence. Let them take their madness elsewhere or continue here in decency. I won't mind offering my services to sanitize this place of such foolery day on day. I'm sick of it. Such persons are like Trojan Horses. They may be contributing to the traffic of this place, but they are also behind the festering rot beneath.

The elephant in the room is: Is Nairaland ready to do without the revenue that tribalism fetches? It is a very lucrative business.

I remember a Nairaland without this volume of hate dating back to 2009. Change is constant, yeah. However, I doubt this was what you saw when you looked towards 2023 from that time. Let your management share and believe in your dreams. I'm a school teacher. I've been sharing classrooms and staff rooms with people from all corners and tenets of Nigeria. I'm as detribalised as they come. If you need a hand to help with the sanitization, I can spare a few hours per day to help no matter whose ox is gored.

Meanwhile, let me read through this thread and compile the list of people that will be expelled for a start 😡😁

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Coastal Road: Leave The Talk, Let's Face The Business By Olusegun Dada / Greater Port Harcourt / OSUMENYI Town......politics And Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.