Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,072 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? (24197 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay In Nigeria? / I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / Nigerian Caregiver Jailed In UAE For Staying 30-minutes In The Bathroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by tiwasiaife(m): 9:17pm On Jan 03
Kill that innocent child and regret it for life.
You want to commit murder while you claim to be a doctor who saves life.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Igyedaniel1(m): 9:45pm On Jan 03
Learn forex trading....your body go tell u in d beginningbut its w9rth it
Elsucre24:
I will be 31 this year. Omo the age is scaring me and I keep feeling like I’m not doing enough. I have a stable job in the private sector with a 400k monthly salary. But I still feel the impact of the economy badly. I keep asking myself, at what point will I start living the good live?
I feel stock sometimes because my job is very demanding and I almost do not have time to do other things, mind you I’m in the medical field and I work Mondays to Sundays most times but occasionally I have some Sundays to myself and sometimes a day off during the week. I can’t seem to be able to start a business as a side hustle cause most of the side hustles I can think will demand my presence at least for the first few months and I don’t really have that.
My girlfriend is pregnant, I really wanna keep it but she’s not ready, I’m not even sure I’m ready. The only way she can keep it is if I’m going to get married to her before the pregnancy starts showing and I’m as confused as hell cos I don’t know if I’m ready. She has always been vocal of her plans to japa.
Now that brings me to the idea of Japa too. I mean, I cannot deny that fact that I’m scared of the whole japa stuff cos I don’t know what to expect. Economy doesn’t even allow you save as much as you should. Everything’s just seems very scattered.

Pls I need adult minds to advise me on what I can do.
1. Do I start a business, what kinda business can I start with at least 2M that will not require my full presence?
2. Do I start to plan my japa through the study route and just face my fears
3. Should I insist on keeping the pregnancy and hope that things start making sense? This means I have to get married tho.

Thank y’all.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by ladapokofoshy(m): 11:30pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:
I will be 31 this year. Omo the age is scaring me and I keep feeling like I’m not doing enough. I have a stable job in the private sector with a 400k monthly salary. But I still feel the impact of the economy badly. I keep asking myself, at what point will I start living the good live?
I feel stock sometimes because my job is very demanding and I almost do not have time to do other things, mind you I’m in the medical field and I work Mondays to Sundays most times but occasionally I have some Sundays to myself and sometimes a day off during the week. I can’t seem to be able to start a business as a side hustle cause most of the side hustles I can think will demand my presence at least for the first few months and I don’t really have that.
My girlfriend is pregnant, I really wanna keep it but she’s not ready, I’m not even sure I’m ready. The only way she can keep it is if I’m going to get married to her before the pregnancy starts showing and I’m as confused as hell cos I don’t know if I’m ready. She has always been vocal of her plans to japa.
Now that brings me to the idea of Japa too. I mean, I cannot deny that fact that I’m scared of the whole japa stuff cos I don’t know what to expect. Economy doesn’t even allow you save as much as you should. Everything’s just seems very scattered.

1. Do I start a business, what kinda business can I start with at least 2M that will not require my full presence?
3. Should I insist on keeping the pregnancy and hope that things start making sense? This means I have to get married tho.

Thank y’all.
I think you should be the most happiest man on earth imagine at that age you earn as big as that. Am not saying japa is bad but bro don’t forget someone of your age never even earn up to 100k and he is the bread winner of the family. Get married and plan your life. I wish you well
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by owolabi1212: 12:42am On Jan 04
It is well
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by jimcaddy(m): 1:34am On Jan 04
Exactly. Na social media dey give everyone this hoax belief that once you Japa, your life don automatically better. It's never like that oh. Me Ive said it that I won't borrow money to japa. It won't happen. Abroad wey be say you be foreigner, especially if you don't have your papers, you go struggle ehn. The only good thing you will enjoy is infrastructure, but you go work and work and work tire. Bills will choke you ehn. You will think that money you are earning is big money cuz if you convert am to Naira, ee go big. But over there, that money is chicken change. Chances of you getting a more paying job is limited too, unless you are really good at what you do, or you have money to go back to school to take some courses again. How long will all of that take? Japa is ñot always the best option, but Nigerians won't listen.
sleek214:
Ok. I find it a little funny and annoying when I hear people say they earn over 400k as monthly salary and still see Japa as an option to earn more. My dear, first things first, 400k is enough to live a comfortable life here in Nigeria. I earn below 400k but I've been to two European countries on vacation. Most Nigerians that earned above 400k here in Nigeria and left their jobs for the Japa syndrome are regretting it over there, they wish they could turn back the hands of time. If you travel out on vacation to see them, what they do and how they live, you'd appreciate God for giving you a good job here in Nigeria. Forget what people abroad post or show on social media, it's a hoax. Most people that will come on your thread to advise you to Japa don't even earn up to 60k monthly.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Rinoxy: 6:16am On Jan 04
mannobi:
Please before you japa, kind connect me to your 400k salary job.
Safe journey to your destination sir.
FG jobs never work that way. But I pray you get good job pretty soon.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Stopmyaddict: 9:22am On Jan 04
Elsucre24:

Thank y’all.

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Kingsland001(m): 9:52am On Jan 04
@OP,

I will advise you not to Japa, bcoz the tax over there is nothing to write off...

And Let me assist you on the business side, for u to be making a passive income without u showing up in the business.

I trade forex, & let me trade for you, while we share all profits 50-50

I take a minimum of $1,000 Account Capital for starter, then if u are satisfied with the Account growth, then u can increase the Capital. (Plz note that u are not giving or sending me any money, u'll create an account with a Broker and deposit the money into your account, then I'll trade & grow the money in your account account I'll guide u on this)

If u are interested, Contact me through my email (Check my signature)
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Pickieox(m): 12:32pm On Jan 04
mannobi:
Please before you japa, kind connect me to your 400k salary job.
Safe journey to your destination sir.

Lol🤣🤣🤣

You are very cunning. Can you imagine that write-up put up there? Earning 400k in this economy and he's planning to japa? In my own perspective, that guy is still a boy at heart. He will never grow, he really need to learn from his experience before he understand life.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by OkoAnike(m): 3:13pm On Jan 04
sleek214:
Ok. I find it a little funny and annoying when I hear people say they earn over 400k as monthly salary and still see Japa as an option to earn more. My dear, first things first, 400k is enough to live a comfortable life here in Nigeria. I earn below 400k but I've been to two European countries on vacation. Most Nigerians that earned above 400k here in Nigeria and left their jobs for the Japa syndrome are regretting it over there, they wish they could turn back the hands of time. If you travel out on vacation to see them, what they do and how they live, you'd appreciate God for giving you a good job here in Nigeria. Forget what people abroad post or show on social media, it's a hoax. Most people that will come on your thread to advise you to Japa don't even earn up to 60k monthly.

op, please help, I earned above #400k too, but how do I have vacation around the European countries, one of the things I wish to achieve in life.
but the challenge is, will my annual saving be use as vacation bill or will I see vacation as a project to save for? because the kind of found required to run such vacations is enough to run an investment/project.

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by jmichael259(m): 3:14pm On Jan 04
Elsucre24:
My girlfriend is pregnant, I really wanna keep it but she’s not ready, I’m not even sure I’m ready. The only way she can keep it is if I’m going to get married to her before the pregnancy starts showing and I’m as confused as hell cos I don’t know if I’m ready. Bla bla bla

2. Bla bla bla

Thank y’all.

"Marry" her
You don't need to wed or do any legal protocols
Inform her people that you're too busy for the marriage rites or you can still attend if you wish
Tell them you want to close the marriage list including bride price with money
E no go pass 200-500k depending on how you wan show yourself
Have your child and Go ahead with your life and business
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Regex: 4:34am On Jan 07
Alore:

I beg to differ. If you have skills, leaving a 400k job in Nigeria to get even a minimum wage job that will give you legal residence in 1st world nation is always a wise decision and far better than earning even 1.5m in today's Naija economy. I earned more than 700k working in a multinational before I left Nigeria in 2019. It was the best decision I made for myself and my family. Please do the same if you have the opportunity. Your fiancee is a visionary and wise. Try and listen to her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees / 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job / How Much Did You Save Before Quitting Your Salary Job For Your Own Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.