Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? (24189 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay In Nigeria? / I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / Nigerian Caregiver Jailed In UAE For Staying 30-minutes In The Bathroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Kobicove(m): 11:51am On Jan 03
farem:

How did you come about this terrible spelling?!

Japa or jakpa, all na the same thing! undecided
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Ibrahim505(m): 11:51am On Jan 03
You need to start reading books on personal finance like the Richest man in babylon , Rich dad or psychology of money.
You can leverage compounding growth of wealth to join the Nigerian billionaires class as you approach your retirement.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Pennilessword1: 11:51am On Jan 03
First thing is first...that kid you are about to bring in. Or the fact that you are having doubt, just let it go. Or better still, let your GF go abroad and birth the kid. But first go to the registry to marry.

Then stick to your work. Abroad you wouldn't have time yo your sel too..you will work your ass off and almost everyday..its like that anywhere in Europe and north America. Consider the fact that you will be starting from the scratch.

So better let her go abroad after registry marriage . continue working your ass off...4000k per month is fine... people earn way lower than that and still survive. Maybe you would just have to cut down on stuff. Since you are in the medical field which is in high demand abroad, just look for other means to leave then go and join her over there

2 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by DemgadTinko: 11:51am On Jan 03
Elsucre24:
I will be 31 this year. Omo the age is scaring me and I keep feeling like I’m not doing enough. I have a stable job in the private sector with a 400k monthly salary. But I still feel the impact of the economy badly. I keep asking myself, at what point will I start living the good live?
I feel stock sometimes because my job is very demanding and I almost do not have time to do other things, mind you I’m in the medical field and I work Mondays to Sundays most times but occasionally I have some Sundays to myself and sometimes a day off during the week. I can’t seem to be able to start a business as a side hustle cause most of the side hustles I can think will demand my presence at least for the first few months and I don’t really have that.
My girlfriend is pregnant, I really wanna keep it but she’s not ready, I’m not even sure I’m ready. The only way she can keep it is if I’m going to get married to her before the pregnancy starts showing and I’m as confused as hell cos I don’t know if I’m ready. She has always been vocal of her plans to japa.
Now that brings me to the idea of Japa too. I mean, I cannot deny that fact that I’m scared of the whole japa stuff cos I don’t know what to expect. Economy doesn’t even allow you save as much as you should. Everything’s just seems very scattered.

Pls I need adult minds to advise me on what I can do.
1. Do I start a business, what kinda business can I start with at least 2M that will not require my full presence?
2. Do I start to plan my japa through the study route and just face my fears
3. Should I insist on keeping the pregnancy and hope that things start making sense? This means I have to get married tho.

Thank y’all.
. You will make the decision by yourself. but Remember, even if you make a swift decision, it's crucial to remain adaptable and open to adjusting your plans as situations evolve. Whatever path you choose, make sure it aligns with your values and long-term aspirations. Don't be afraid, confront your fears and concerns. ( Write them down ), since you are in the medical field
, you have huge prospects abroad. Get the necessary certifications first .

3 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by aktolly54(m): 11:52am On Jan 03
Elsucre24:
I will be 31 this year. Omo the age is scaring me and I keep feeling like I’m not doing enough. I have a stable job in the private sector with a 400k monthly salary. But I still feel the impact of the economy badly. I keep asking myself, at what point will I start living the good live?
I feel stock sometimes because my job is very demanding and I almost do not have time to do other things, mind you I’m in the medical field and I work Mondays to Sundays most times but occasionally I have some Sundays to myself and sometimes a day off during the week. I can’t seem to be able to start a business as a side hustle cause most of the side hustles I can think will demand my presence at least for the first few months and I don’t really have that.
My girlfriend is pregnant, I really wanna keep it but she’s not ready, I’m not even sure I’m ready. The only way she can keep it is if I’m going to get married to her before the pregnancy starts showing and I’m as confused as hell cos I don’t know if I’m ready. She has always been vocal of her plans to japa.
Now that brings me to the idea of Japa too. I mean, I cannot deny that fact that I’m scared of the whole japa stuff cos I don’t know what to expect. Economy doesn’t even allow you save as much as you should. Everything’s just seems very scattered.

1. Do I start a business, what kinda business can I start with at least 2M that will not require my full presence?
3. Should I insist on keeping the pregnancy and hope that things start making sense? This means I have to get married tho.

Thank y’all.
so you don't have relatives who is unemployed? Then you employ outsiders join then set up business with 2m, tell your GF to keep the pregnancy. Do traditional wedding, go court and finalize the thing while you suspend white wedding because of money then you continue your life till you save more and Japa. To leave country wont be hard for doctors like you so enjoy Nigeria small and save more.

Hope your wife understands the word save? Make she no be like extravagant girl
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Hespee93: 11:53am On Jan 03
quote author=PerfectStranger post=127756699]

Medical field worker earning 400k that barely have time should go learn barbing cheesy grin[/quote]

What do you expect him to say again, if someone earning 400k per month is complaining what do you want someone earning 50k or less should do.

The op need to work on his financial management.

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Pennilessword1: 11:54am On Jan 03
zebszebs:
Nigeria has no future, if you are really in the medical field like you claim, why are you still in Nigeria?

You are encouraging him to leave Nigeria...and he is. In the medical field. Na we wey dey the country go suffer am o. What happens when all our medical staffs leave?

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by IgOga(m): 11:54am On Jan 03
Elsucre24:

Thank y’all.

shocked shocked shocked

You need to unlearn and relearn the truth about life.

1. There is nothing like "the good life". That is just media invention. Contentment is the key to happiness. You may be making $1m per month and still be chasing the illusory good life.

2. You have a pretty decent income in my opinion

3. Don't kill your baby because you want some people to be happy. Just because you have not promised a ceremony your GF is ready to sacrifice your child. Don't be a murderer....I guess one of the things you need to relearn about life.

4. Japa or whatever the terminology is today isn't as it seems. If a good opportunity opens abroad by all means take it otherwise stay where you are and seek the good of Nigeria. There is a principle in the bible that if you seek the good of wherever you are you will prosper. There are so many bitter souls on nairaland who never seek the good of Nigeria and so they cannot prosper in Nigeria. I live abroad but then just a few years ago I relocated to Nigeria but Nigeria doesn't want my skills so I returned to my base. Nonetheless if you have nothing concrete don't gamble with your life. I have seen many Nigerians go from grace to grass in the name of japa and some others from grass t o grace in the name of japa.

5. "Start business" is one of the loose terminology used a lot in Nigeria. Don't start any business without a business plan, market survey, understanding of your competition, short and long term goals etc. Plan before you jump.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by KenOne: 11:55am On Jan 03
Guy face your fear and japa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:56am On Jan 03
Stay in Nigeria a little more,give birth to the child.mk the child grow small then japa as a family.i laugh because if u abort the child,a time will come that you will regret it.i speak from experience
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Usmanovic95(m): 11:56am On Jan 03
LordIsaac:
Please learn barbing first. Then buy clipper and rent a shop. Survive first!
Did you even read the write up from the start before commenting.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by taiwotimitt: 11:56am On Jan 03
zebszebs:

You obviously have comprehension problems.

This is what happens when you bring your issues to Nairaland and have SSCE students who are still being fed, comment on your issues.

Take things easy......if you don't understand my humor.....na you sabi.

Ire o
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by darealez(m): 11:57am On Jan 03
Bro, learn how money works and how to make it work. If I'm ever grateful for resigning and sitting my ass here in Nigeria, it's cos I learnt how to double or triple my money by myself without monitored risks.

I'm not yet made, but I know where to put my money now. Stack you funds while you learn this. Especially in this season when next generation millionaires are about to be made.

Goodluck champ!
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Lovestrong(m): 11:58am On Jan 03
LordIsaac:
I know understand, person way dey earn 400k u dey advance to buy clipper?
Dear Op!
No mumu for anybody
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by EleventhWeirdo: 12:00pm On Jan 03
BadBradley:
if you're earning 400k a month in Nigeria why do you want to japa to a place where you're a 4th class citizen and working as an unskilled worker and earning just a fraction more?

You're either writing this crap for attention or you're a very big fool at 31!

Dey play! How much is 400k sef? Why won't you Japa to a place you can have a sense of a secured future for your career and family? If you have weighty family responsibilities, you will know that 400k isn't much at all

3 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by macklef(m): 12:00pm On Jan 03
From a current Japarer. Japa is not a short term answer to anyone's economic situation.
1. If u plan on gearing married in the next 2-3yrs, don't Japa
2. The first year or two of ur japa may be worse than all your years before then put together in 9ja
3. You can't Jappa with nothing less than 10M currently
4. Till u get ILR or PR, jappa is still a risk.
Till u find a sure option of Jappa, the problem all of u have in 9ja is forming class, get a cheaper car, move to a cheaper n decent accommodation, date a reasonable gf n u can cope in 9ja till u have an escape route.
I will advice u to marry too now as long as ur wife to be is not the cross leg n slay type

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by babyphace(m): 12:01pm On Jan 03
Bro…you’re not in any “medical field” earning 400k. If you were, I’d be really worried being attended to by someone in the “medical field” who has such a poor grammatical command. Most importantly, it would be troubling to know that someone in that bracket would seek the opinions of random people on Nairaland who are notorious for trivialising everything. But if you really are, you probably seek answers/diagnosis from WebMD instead of carrying out actual conclusive tests. If that’s the case bro…abeg off your shirt, commot shoe and relax for your bedroom.

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by patokenneth: 12:01pm On Jan 03
Itiskdg121:
Think and do some findings on your own before you take the final decision.
The japa part is not cheap. You cam switch your attention to Nairaland travel section for the best advice on japa.
Business is good, but also do a thorough feasibility study of any business you would like to venture into.

The ball is now in your court.
OP, go to travel section and see what your japa options are. If you're in health, and educated properly, you may consider Canada express entry.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by abysirius(m): 12:01pm On Jan 03
LordIsaac:
so he should quit his medical career for barbing in Nigeria?? Na Otedola him wan dey barb?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 12:03pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:

Thank y’all.
Like seriously..... When some of us earn less than 50k and we are family man. This life no balance at all. If I have 400k job, wetin i dey lool for again? I no mind if u fit connect me bro.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by zebszebs: 12:03pm On Jan 03
Pennilessword1:

You are encouraging him to leave Nigeria...and he is. In the medical field. Na we wey dey the country go suffer am o. What happens when all our medical staffs leave?

The blood of Jesus is enough for the rest of those who refuse to leave. smiley
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by advanceDNA: 12:03pm On Jan 03
edlion57:
How are u sure u will not be deported immediately

Deported immediately? Because of what??
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by zebszebs: 12:04pm On Jan 03
Ask4bigneyo:

Like seriously..... When some of us earn less than 50k and we are family man. This life no balance at all. If I have 400k job, wetin i dey lool for again? I no mind if u fit connect me bro.

If you earn 50k and are a family man, then you are only existing and not living.

Propagating generational poverty isn't something to be proud of.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by faoogoke(m): 12:04pm On Jan 03
Jewessgratitud3:
All this impromptu Japa is becoming too much.

Mr, sit your butt in Nigeria and try to live within your means. There are family men who are not earning up to 100k and them never die. Besides You do not have to marry her if you're not ready. If she can't have the baby outside wedlock, na two of una headache be that because when they tell you stop engaging in sex if you're not to carry the load, una go call person mumu. Now see who's in a frenzy... Na who come be mumu now?.

Japa wey dem plan dey get k-leg how much more the one wey dem no plan. Just stay here and plan while you save up more for your Japa. Cut down your expenses and remove oju kokoro. 400k no be small money like that. Na oju kokoro dey worry you.
Live within your means and have peace of mind.

Una too do for this generation.

God bless you for this counsel

400k is a lot of money in this economy! Live within your means please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Biola67: 12:05pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:

Thank y’all.
She has always been vocal about japa. Just know if she doesn’t keep this pregnancy, then Otilor….. na the Belle she want make you use decide!
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by tbarrister(m): 12:06pm On Jan 03
If I were you I'll stay in nigeria and grow bigger. You'll earn more abroad but you'll also have high expenses through taxes and rents. Plus you need to be careful of your woman who's keen on japa, you see the system over there is not just, it overtly favors women. Women are not really that nice once they know they have an upper hand and the backings of the law.

It's better to be a king in Nigeria than to become a sad abandoned single man abroad.

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by LONEWOLFJOHN: 12:06pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:

Thank y’all.
all your excuses is not even my problem, my advice is Japa ASAP if you have means, I have 1000 reasons why you should Japa but I will tell you just one. (1). You can be kidnapped before the end of today and you will be ask to pay ransom of #20m. Trust me Nigerian government won't help you. So leave now, I'm still here because I don't have financial capacity to Japa if not viam I don go .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Kaiser20: 12:07pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:

Thank y’all.
#400k job is not enough, ask your employer to pay you #4.5millio naira per month or you japa
Travel immediately, in the US or Germany you can earn $10k-$20k per month.

3 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Perseverance127: 12:07pm On Jan 03
Don't kill that innocent baby.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Jewessgratitud3: 12:07pm On Jan 03
faoogoke:

God bless you for this counsel

400k is a lot of money in this economy! Live within your means please.

Amen my brother. No mind am. He wants to start living the life according to him. This one wey him dey live com be wetin? Mtchew!
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by iswallker(m): 12:09pm On Jan 03
Tales by moonlight... cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees / How Much Did You Save Before Quitting Your Salary Job For Your Own Business? / 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.