Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? (24186 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay In Nigeria? / I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / Nigerian Caregiver Jailed In UAE For Staying 30-minutes In The Bathroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by ibinaboonline: 12:11pm On Jan 03
I have nothing, zero against a man who wants more out of life. In fact, I can relate. But don't forget that you're okay. Be smart. If you must japa, be smart about it. Contentedness is a virtue. 400k a month isn't bad. I'm not saying you should be satisfied. A million a month - 2 million a week; it's possible. A real thing. So, a man who wants more out of life is highly welcome to pursue it. However, be content. You don't have to be satisfied, but you should be content.

As for the girlfriend, marry her. That's my advice. Don't let her drag you down with her personal ambition, but if she's willing to be your wife, then marry her.
Shalom.
Elsucre24:
I will be 31 this year. Omo the age is scaring me and I keep feeling like I’m not doing enough. I have a stable job in the private sector with a 400k monthly salary. But I still feel the impact of the economy badly. I keep asking myself, at what point will I start living the good live?
I feel stock sometimes because my job is very demanding and I almost do not have time to do other things, mind you I’m in the medical field and I work Mondays to Sundays most times but occasionally I have some Sundays to myself and sometimes a day off during the week. I can’t seem to be able to start a business as a side hustle cause most of the side hustles I can think will demand my presence at least for the first few months and I don’t really have that.
My girlfriend is pregnant, I really wanna keep it but she’s not ready, I’m not even sure I’m ready. The only way she can keep it is if I’m going to get married to her before the pregnancy starts showing and I’m as confused as hell cos I don’t know if I’m ready. She has always been vocal of her plans to japa.
Now that brings me to the idea of Japa too. I mean, I cannot deny that fact that I’m scared of the whole japa stuff cos I don’t know what to expect. Economy doesn’t even allow you save as much as you should. Everything’s just seems very scattered.

Pls I need adult minds to advise me on what I can do.
1. Do I start a business, what kinda business can I start with at least 2M that will not require my full presence?
2. Do I start to plan my japa through the study route and just face my fears
3. Should I insist on keeping the pregnancy and hope that things start making sense? This means I have to get married tho.

Thank y’all.

2 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by coputa(m): 12:13pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:
I will be 31 this year. Omo the age is scaring me and I keep feeling like I’m not doing enough. I have a stable job in the private sector with a 400k monthly salary. But I still feel the impact of the economy badly. I keep asking myself, at what point will I start living the good live?
I feel stock sometimes because my job is very demanding and I almost do not have time to do other things, mind you I’m in the medical field and I work Mondays to Sundays most times but occasionally I have some Sundays to myself and sometimes a day off during the week. I can’t seem to be able to start a business as a side hustle cause most of the side hustles I can think will demand my presence at least for the first few months and I don’t really have that.
My girlfriend is pregnant, I really wanna keep it but she’s not ready, I’m not even sure I’m ready. The only way she can keep it is if I’m going to get married to her before the pregnancy starts showing and I’m as confused as hell cos I don’t know if I’m ready. She has always been vocal of her plans to japa.
Now that brings me to the idea of Japa too. I mean, I cannot deny that fact that I’m scared of the whole japa stuff cos I don’t know what to expect. Economy doesn’t even allow you save as much as you should. Everything’s just seems very scattered.

1. Do I start a business, what kinda business can I start with at least 2M that will not require my full presence?
3. Should I insist on keeping the pregnancy and hope that things start making sense? This means I have to get married tho.

Thank y’all.
You have a good paying job, please forget about Japa,leave the child and marry your girlfriend.

After the marriage, open a business for her

On your part, put 50%of your salary monthly into foreign stocks and stable coin,do this for the first one year and watch your finances quadruple.

Before two years time,I assure you that you will be rolling in millions by then you will be considering opening your own health center

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by jumokeadele(m): 12:13pm On Jan 03
convert 400k to dollars @ 1210 per dollar , then check how much your are earning. If you earn 1m then dont japa
Elsucre24:

Thank y’all.

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Hasp089(m): 12:14pm On Jan 03
Right business is the only option
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by symbianDON(m): 12:14pm On Jan 03
LordIsaac:
Please learn barbing first. Then buy clipper and rent a shop. Survive first!
medical doctor should learn to be a barber?? Laff wan finish me here grin grin nairaland na cruise aswear grin
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by wilsonchekwas: 12:15pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:

Thank y’all.

My advice is, if you can japa, do it with your entire chest. 400k looks like huge money, but given the inflation rate and the incessant bad governance in Naija, That 400k will feel like 50k in the next few years. You can survive abroad with your partner and 1 child. It's a small family and will no have too much constraint on you. Please note that Japa is not easy and involves months of struggle if not years, but the result is what matters. Trust me, if you japa, you will be able to make savings of 500k to 1m or even more monthly when you settle in. I reiterate that it doesn't come easy. A lot of 9gerians come into the UK and think the magic happens immediately. Next thing, they jump on TikTok and start making stupid videos.

Keep the baby. You have to start life either way. don't wait until you're 40 before you settle down. You shouldn't be training your kids when you're 60 or 65 years old. You'll age faster if you still hustle heavily at that age.

3 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Mtmike(m): 12:16pm On Jan 03
What is 400k, people collecting 850k self Dey run….. dust your shoe and run for ur dear life and it’s best you go with ur wife. Might be rough in the beginning but if you guys plan yourself well, you won’t regret it

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by sukkot: 12:16pm On Jan 03
tensazangetsu20:
Wait for dangote refinery first.
grin
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by UgoFly: 12:18pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:

Thank y’all.

My best advice for you is to first ascertain if you really love the girl before you decide marriage with her. Don't jump into marriage cos of pregnancy, you will regret it. Secondly, start your japa process. You will make more sense for your life if you move abroad as a medical personnel. Give your self at least 3 years and japa. Don't rush into marriage. It will slow you down. make money first.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Gerrard59(m): 12:18pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:
My girlfriend is pregnant, I really wanna keep it but she’s not ready, I’m not even sure I’m ready. The only way she can keep it is if I’m going to get married to her before the pregnancy starts showing and I’m as confused as hell cos I don’t know if I’m ready. She has always been vocal of her p

Thank y’all.

Remain in Nigeria. If you wanted to japa especially at your age and being in the medical field, you should have used protection.

BTW, was she the same person here?: https://www.nairaland.com/7625734/please-im-emotional-attached-she

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by pacespot(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03
Imagine a bachelor earning 400k per month and still want to Japa, this is to tell you that nothing compares to living under environment where your human rights are protected. But some never-do-well àgbàdo people here on Nairaland who cannot even boast of 100k job are defending their drug lord slave master as the president.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by RedeemLife(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03
It baffles me went people inside naija go they ask people inside naija questions...we all are in it together,so you should know what is right for u. I think it's ur choice to make,and besides u are in nigeria as well as those u are asking(except those that might have japa) so stop asking questions and do the needful...u know the needful as well as every other nigerian here
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by PrinceGallant: 12:22pm On Jan 03
LordIsaac:
Please learn barbing first. Then buy clipper and rent a shop. Survive first!

I love your funny comment.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by bomsilaga(m): 12:24pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:

Thank y’all.

Hi,
I am genuinely concerned about your case here.
If your medical profession is in MLT or Radiology kindly PM me as I may be able to connect you to who might help you move for FREE.
As for business you will do without your presence, forget about it as I was run down by family and friends and wouldn't even take a gamble with strangers.
Your girl is not the kind of woman that will make it easy for you, whether you japa or stay back. Sorry, it might sound harsh but in the current situation of things in Nigeria, a materialistic woman is the last thing you want by your side.
Also know that with kids, the dynamics change really quickly. The savings I managed to have would have multiplied x10 if I japa as a single person, so think about it wisely. Just 6 months or 1yr hustling outside Nigeria can give you enough money to take care of a family for so long.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Advision: 12:26pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:

Thank y’all.

Hard to advise, 2 -3 years ago, I would have advised you leave because it was less expensive and countries were more open to immigration. Story has changed over the past year,
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by nedekid: 12:27pm On Jan 03
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

The financial satiety gland of humans can never be satisfied

Bros op just try and leave a happy life with your 400k

Nor do pass yourself most times

The jakpa you planning on doing is good but it is not that sweet over there
Don't be deceived with what you are seeing in pictures and social media

Like I said the financial satiety gland of humans can never be satisfied
There was a day I parked my lexus Es 350 somewhere so I decided to take a walk to a nearest pharmacy store. I spent two hours out there so when I was coming back I saw my lexus from a distance where I parked it and I started feeling like haba na person get this fine lexus car so. Could you imagine I did not remember that I was the one that drove it down there. It was when my mind na said to me "idiot " na you get the lexus na. I started laughing

That was the day I actually realised that he be like Sometimes them dangote and otedola nor dey know say them be dangote and otedola
Es 350? What year model, at most 2010 making it an outdated car by Nigeria economy from 9 years ago or current levels abroad. Note, I am not referring to you in perticular, just saying our standards, purchasing power have been soo reduced. Buying a 13, 14 even 20 year old vehicle is admired.
Bros, if the guy can cut out or japa, let him go jare. 400k is money, but even you with your lexus, how much do you use to fuel that your car weekly? I bet minimum of 60k, is that not 240k monthly? , just on petrol for car, not for maintainance, rent, feeding, flexing (as a big boy cool), buying your weed, cigar, running Gen etc

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by chidiakwari: 12:27pm On Jan 03
Even if they offer you N500k leave Nigeria. Save and find a legitimate means out of Nigeria
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by hahn(m): 12:29pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:

Thank y’all.

1. I would say since you are in the medical field, you can start by creating a blog and write on health topics. You can also start a YouTube channel, Twitter/Instagram account and do videos sharing knowledge about your field. Use apropos doctor as a reference point.

You can do these things during your break and you will enjoy doing them because it is related to your field and hopefully something you are already knowledgeable and passionate about.

With a blog/youtube channel etc, you can easily decide to reduce your workload when you start earning funds that manage your current income.

I can offer you personal consultation at a fee or you can search for free resources on YouTube and Google.

2. I think japa should be part of every reasonable Nigeria's plan. This country is not getting any better anytime soon. Face your fears.

3. You do not need the pregnancy. Have a wife and child complicates things and greatly affects income especially for people who work 9 - 5 not to mention people in your field.

You are not ready and neither is she. Let her abort it and you really need to be careful and not repeat such a mistake. Either abstain from sex altogether or always use protection.

Wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by davit: 12:30pm On Jan 03
Rant of someone who can't live within his means.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by bbode1(m): 12:32pm On Jan 03
Seems u are a waster. When do u have time to spend your money since u are at work till Sundays.
See ehn. Set a monthly budget of 200k a month. Start side hustle by been a medical personnel for all this big pharmacies.
Invest in properties.
And go back to school. U can start with an open online university.
Japa no too good for now. The laws as been tightened.

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by jamesversion: 12:33pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:

Thank y’all.

If you will take my advice, then you have to be drastic.

Terminate the pregnancy. Break up with her and let her go. She's an unnecessary financial and emotional burden on you. Let her plan herself and Japa whenever it is conducive for her.

Work and use your money on youself. Save atleast 200k from your salary for the next 2years and then apply for a visa.

Your medical field is in demand in the Western world, and you will get a job there. Start your life there and if you're family oriented, marry a citizen abroad and start your family.

3 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by isan(m): 12:34pm On Jan 03
Lol , there are people out there earning 400k for the whole year
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by mikemiyaki: 12:34pm On Jan 03
Contact me let me assist you. Buy palm oil when it's cheap and store. Resell it when the price triples or at least doubles and make your money quietly. This takes place in few months. Thank me later.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Gidigrav(m): 12:34pm On Jan 03
Japa if you can you can message me on WhatsApp,08137314393 on how to move but if you not tired of naija stay put japa is by choice not by force you thank me later ...is not even because of you it because of your unborn baby and wife arrest my case what did i even know
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Angy55(f): 12:35pm On Jan 03
This Japa thing will make some people miss their destiny.

Earning 400k monthly in Lagos when not married is a good one.

With your two months salary you can comfortably rent a good apartment on the mainland 2 bedroom, save up and plan your life carefully above all, please keep that baby.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Angy55(f): 12:37pm On Jan 03
zebszebs:
Nigeria has no future, if you are really in the medical field like you claim, why are you still in Nigeria?

Na every body when Japa, na e fulfill their future?
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by abdabass: 12:39pm On Jan 03
Good day my bro.,
There are 3 things you loop together here and we have to iron it 1 by 1.
- Japa issue/job security while you are away.
- Business issue
- Marriage issue
My own advise is to 1st of all go ahead with the marriage as:
1. age is no longer on your side, already she is pregnant, you are halfway married.
2. your marriage certificate will be of assistance to your japaing with your family.
3. early marriage will allow you to finish training your children in school before your retirement age.
4. your wife, if industrious can handle your business (any business at all) while you are at work, even if she is a novice in the business, she can monitor any employee you employ.

I hope I have spoken well, think about these.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by ajol1990(m): 12:39pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:

Thank y’all.

You start a business if u don't have time I reside in Lafia I can help you look after your business you won't regret it
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by PawsitiveBro(m): 12:39pm On Jan 03
Connect me to the job
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by ajol1990(m): 12:40pm On Jan 03
You can start a business I reside in Lafia since you don't have time I can help u take care of your business
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Alore: 12:42pm On Jan 03
sleek214:
Ok. I find it a little funny and annoying when I hear people say they earn over 400k as monthly salary and still see Japa as an option to earn more. My dear, first things first, 400k is enough to live a comfortable life here in Nigeria. I earn below 400k but I've been to two European countries on vacation. Most Nigerians that earned above 400k here in Nigeria and left their jobs for the Japa syndrome are regretting it over there, they wish they could turn back the hands of time. If you travel out on vacation to see them, what they do and how they live, you'd appreciate God for giving you a good job here in Nigeria. Forget what people abroad post or show on social media, it's a hoax. Most people that will come on your thread to advise you to Japa don't even earn up to 60k monthly.

I beg to disagree. If you have skills, leaving a 400k job in Nigeria to get even a minimum wage job that will give you legal residence in 1st world nation is always a wise decision and far better than earning even 1.5m in today's Naija economy. I earned more than 700k working in a multinational before I left Nigeria in 2019. It was the best decision I made for myself and my family. Please do the same if you have the opportunity. Your fiancee is a visionary and wise. Try and listen to her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees / How Much Did You Save Before Quitting Your Salary Job For Your Own Business? / 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.