Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) (69788 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Reacts To Boko Haram Getting N1m Daily & Soldiers Getting N1000 / Throwback Photo Of Governor Ugwuanyi & Anayo Nwosu, His Classmate / Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by planetx: 2:44pm On Jan 04
This idiot is talking like this because Nigerians treat soldiers like some kind of demi gods, can you imagine a bloody recruit talking down to a whole governor that he can't arrest him.

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by Elibaba1: 2:47pm On Jan 04
ruggedtimi:
This guy no knw say DSS na Nigeria FBI...for u.s everybody dey fear FBI includng presidents.

OBJ and Yar’adua’s DSS YES! Not this politically compromised DSS we have all over the place now.
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by akyus(m): 2:51pm On Jan 04
Maxtipulation:
As a soldier you are saying the right thing only if the soldier who committed the offense is on uniform or has with him an ID proving his a soldier that's where he can stand his ground.
Even if he on uniform and with his ID the army will ensure he was at his duty post at the time of the incidence.
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by planetx: 2:53pm On Jan 04
Odidigboigbo:
Civilian arrest a Soldier, mention one country where that is done? The only thing you can do is to report him to his superior, they will take care of him.
Police arrest soldiers in the US all the time and put them in handcuffs, they are the ultimate authority in law and order in the US and will arrest any soldier if need be. They might later call the military to pick the soldier up but he is getting arrested first.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by jogojogo: 2:54pm On Jan 04
Hurbashola:
SOLDIER REACT TO VIRAL VIDEO OF GOV SANWO - OLU ARRESTING HIS COLLEAGUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHSIJhbvALA
We are not civil in trust Country.
I don't support the Soldier but why should a sitting Governor use that kind of language?
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by 1972xy: 2:55pm On Jan 04
Hurbashola:
SOLDIER REACT TO VIRAL VIDEO OF GOV SANWO - OLU ARRESTING HIS COLLEAGUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHSIJhbvALA
That is the situation we find ourselves in Nigeria.
No more respect for the Military. The Governor has lost it all if the Governor can be disrespecting the military in public like that it is too shameful.
When I was in the military , no barger can do that to me,we would end it all.
I support you my brother
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by Handsomebb: 2:56pm On Jan 04
See mentality abeg........so because he is a soldier he thinks he is above the law?

When dey recruit rubbish into the system, this is one of the most foolish guy this year already.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by sslcrypt: 2:58pm On Jan 04
olisaEze:
DSS bastards, Governor bastard?? Kikikiki .... before the end of today this guy will be in tears. This I have seen through the eyes of a Falseprophet! grin

They can't arrest him the worst case they communicate with the military police and the military police will take it from there. DSS have no concern neither does police in the affairs of the military. The military will handle their issue by themselves.
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:59pm On Jan 04
F22RAPTOR:
The NA brought this disrespect on themselves. More civilians will be empowered to disrespect them. Just look at the stooopid comments on this thread. These same commenters will shite their pants when a soldier handles them...nonsense
nonsense comment a soldier payed with tax money should be well behaved
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by Lanruze: 3:00pm On Jan 04
Femi Falana (SAN) has always argued on the use force and brutality to coerce fear by men in Uniform.

He argued that it was a Colonial (British) mentality to use force to compel unarmed civilians to create intimidation and fear during the colonial era by uniformed personnel. It was a purely Master-Slave relationship between armed uniformed men and civilians.

The Army officer drove against traffic, committing a recorded traffic offence on a major highway.

The Army HQ should summon this clear deviant "Rank & file" and punish him for going on social media to support Illegality and such should be seen as an affront on the Constitution. And his arrest will serve as a deterrent to others and encourage law abiding Military officers.

Can a military man drive "one-way" in the UK, US, Canada & Austraila ?

The Governor remains the most powerful individual in the state and also " The Chief Security Officer" of the geographical expression called state.

With the Presidential approval, the Governor can constitutionally crush any element seen as a "State Enemy", Sanwo Olu's action is clearly in order.
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by Calitoscassius(m): 3:01pm On Jan 04
VaselineCrew:
Forget the insults for a second.

Did this guy just justify using "one-way" to go buy something? No God no!

This dude said, "so if I want to buy somethinig, I should use the long way, who does that?". My soldier friend, I'll tell you who does that, LAW ABIDING PEOPLE DO THAT, sigh, smh.

A soldier is supposed to be the epitome of discipline, yet see him promoting indiscipline and chaos in his society, with the audacity to say, "who does that", like who obeys road rules

Men Nigeria is really a shhh-hole, God I'm sorry, please help us, cause what is this?

I keep saying that if not for Hollywood movies, no one would know what it means to be pulled over properly in Nigeria and the society seems okay with that.

I opened a thread about no 911 in Nigeria and people started saying there is 112, like they have ever called and had a response car pull up, or seen a chase from a 112 car (except during Ambodes time)

One day I pray Nigeria becomes normal. A place were Law and Order matters.

See Soldier saying going the long and right way is abnormal, who does that.

Oh God!
Well... wellcome to the Zhoo, grin if a soldier thinks like this what do you think civilians would be like?

He is like saying he can park his vehicle across a round about obstructing traffic to go buy a pack of cigarettes urgently because he is a soldier. grin i mean, who does that? Naigerians dumbo soldiers. And oh! Because the cigarette shop is just close to the roundabout
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by Digiflex(m): 3:02pm On Jan 04
The guy doesn't even know his limitations as a soldier. The problem with Nigerian is lack of orientation to various agencies and institutions. We should be sensitizing people on there roles in the society and knowing when the have crossed there boundaries in anyway serving the country

1 Like

Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by HighTableVoice: 3:07pm On Jan 04
The soldiers comment was wrong but so was the Governor action. He the soldier spoke out of anger and the belief in his core that a soldier deserves respect because they go through a lot to safe guard a nation even though it is civilians tax payers money that equips them. The only sensible comment I read so far was the guy above who mentioned they could have asked for his batch number his details and all that and the military police will do the rest. Like it or not Nigeria soldiers disregard being disrespected even though some may act disrespectful a lot of the time. A metropolitan governor shouldn’t be shouting on a soldier like that. There are other ways he could have been made example of but not disrespecting that uniform of his.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by koboko69: 3:07pm On Jan 04
federal9:

All needed was to ask for his name, area or batch number, and stuff like that. Then military police will do the rest.

Instead, the soldier man was put inside the car like he was being kidnapped.

The same government officials disobey traffic rules.

Soldier man na federal work oooo, 24/7

States don arrest federal government property.

The federal government should be the one to handle the soldier man and not the state.

Also, I detest the words these new recruits use on civilians. That's a bad orientation.

They should work on it.

That is not how it works. Soldiers are bound by both cuvillian and military laws. He can be arrested and handed over to the military authorities who will then take action and hand him over to the civilian authorities for b prosecution if need be. This happens mostly after dismissal.
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by tegrianonigltd(m): 3:09pm On Jan 04
LeeSmart:

E be like this soldier no sabi say the gov. Na chief security officer of a state oo.. No surprise say nothing go happen to am or his colleague wey dem arrest.

Military no Dey under state but under the presidency.
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by planetx: 3:10pm On Jan 04
1972xy:
That is the situation we find ourselves in Nigeria.
No more respect for the Military. The Governor has lost it all if the Governor can be disrespecting the military in public like that it is too shameful.
When I was in the military , no barger can do that to me,we would end it all.
I support you my brother
Keep deceiving yourself, those Mopol and DSS would have beaten you black and blue if you refuse to enter that van or was disrespectful to the governor.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by Funflipper: 3:13pm On Jan 04
federal9:

All needed was to ask for his name, area or batch number, and stuff like that. Then military police will do the rest.

Instead, the soldier man was put inside the car like he was being kidnapped.

The same government officials disobey traffic rules.

Soldier man na federal work oooo, 24/7

States don arrest federal government property.

The federal government should be the one to handle the soldier man and not the state.

Also, I detest the words these new recruits use on civilians. That's a bad orientation.

They should work on it.

You are very ignorant. Even a civilian can arrest a soldier in the U.S. so why would these uncivilized boyscouts (who parade themselves as soldiers) in Nigeria think they are above the law?
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by Blitzking: 3:13pm On Jan 04
aribisala0:
Social Class FOUR individuals from deprived and impoverished backgrounds are easy to detect

You need education to elevate your thinking
. .. I can't help but laugh at your comments. well let me help ur hustle more so evidence go dey so ur paymaster can increase the stipends ur get for defending ppl who steal from your unborn children.
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by Lovelyn451(f): 3:15pm On Jan 04
dreamxhaser:
Good one Governor.

Soldiers killed my dad because they were driving through one way and hit him.

Tuehhh, I hate this shithole
chai....may his soul rest in peace
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 3:16pm On Jan 04
Soldiers should declare Sanwo Olu enemy of the Nigerian Army. Because of politics people are seeing the arrongance of Sanwo Olu as normal even to a soldier. Shame on whoever supported him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by Odidigboigbo(m): 3:16pm On Jan 04
planetx:
Police arrest soldiers in the US all the time and put them in handcuffs, they are the ultimate authority in law and order in the US and will arrest any soldier if need be. They might later call the military to pick the soldier up but he is getting arrested first.
That is half truth. They can only arrest a soldier who is on leave (off duty) not the one on duty, and in doing so, they immediately notify his base.
This can only happen when there is a GRAVE OFFENSE such as
Murder
Culpable Homicide
Rape
Kidnapping
Robbery
Theft
Criminal breach
Piracy
And any other offense punishable with imprisonment for a term of not less than TWO YEARS
Read military Act 1950 Section 70
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by DeepSight(m): 3:17pm On Jan 04
olisaEze:

Kikikiki ....talk true, you dey find N10k for fuel abi?? I go send am. grin

Verily! And Lo and behold! Prepareth thyself for the horrors to convene in thy bed chamber tonight!
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by ashawopikin(m): 3:17pm On Jan 04
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Lol. Nothing will happen to him. Even that Lance Corporal Sanwo Olu arrested might have been released.
see ba, no need to dey reply all these guys, dem no know anything
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by ChiefRocker(m): 3:17pm On Jan 04
He's playing with his job
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by sonofsteven: 3:17pm On Jan 04
[quote author=Lastmessenger2 post=127769992]I'm seriously disappointed in the governor for acting like a thug. Just imagine how he was shouting and exchanging words with the soldier. He belittled himself by engaging in a banter with that soldier.[/quote

The governor dey pass one way too

Besides it's bad chasing the riders,what if in the bid to escape, them hit a moving vehicle....

In this country, police no get your time to dey pursue you as your dey on bike or car, na jeje things,you won't know you are being tracked.... see how governor dey behave ...it is well
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by rafcrown(m): 3:18pm On Jan 04
Gone are the days when we have real soldiers.
Tell him to go and fight the terrorists he will be shaking but he can come online to talk rubbish.
No wonder we are spending a decade fighting bandits and terrorists.
atiku4President:
He should be arrested too
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by koboko69: 3:18pm On Jan 04
tyup:

Military dismiss based on constitutional law.. Now tell me what constitutional law he's broken.

Y'all need to stop typing like illiterates
Na u gan gan be illiterate. Soldiers are bound by both civilian and military laws. People get fired for posting nonsense on social media about their job, and u think a useless soldier disgracing the the military on social media cannot be dismissed. There is something called shock absorbers in military, I will not use the right word, what it simply means is if your offence warrants deranking, u better have shock absorbers not to be dismissed. For instance if you are a sergent, and you are to be deranked 2 steps down, u become a lance coperal, lets assume u are just a lance coperal, and you are find guilty by the military hearing, and judgment is served that you be deranked 2 steps, as a lance coperal, you do not have 2 steps cos but just 1. You will be dismissed. Even his GOC will salute the governor if he sees him not to talk of a bloody soldier. Did you not see Ambod stop a whole colonel in Lagos the other day?

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by Funflipper: 3:18pm On Jan 04
tegrianonigltd:

Military no Dey under state but under the presidency.

Does that put them above the law? Any soldier with such warped thoughts ought to be dismissed for lack of common sense.
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by femi4: 3:18pm On Jan 04
SmartyPants:
This one is not educated. No need to broadcast his views.
Honestly, he's a stack illiterate. His opinion matters not
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by ashawopikin(m): 3:19pm On Jan 04
mamaafrik:
So DSS can't arrest soldier??,mumu
dss cant arrest a soldier, the best way is to hand him over to MP, dss dnt have the right
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:19pm On Jan 04
Lastmessenger2:
I'm seriously disappointed in the governor for acting like a thug. Just imagine how he was shouting and exchanging words with the soldier. He belittled himself by engaging in a banter with that soldier.
There was no banter
Re: Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) by izubext007: 3:21pm On Jan 04
He spoke his mind with courage, two wrongs can't make a right

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

"Ignore Father Mbaka's 2020 Prophesies"- Governor Ihedioha Tells Imolites / Profile Of DIG Egbetokun Olukayode Adeolu, Acting Inspector General Of Police / Drama As Emefiele Dodges Camera In Court (pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.