Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? (30948 Views)

At What Age Did You Stop Bathing Outside?? / At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? / A Nigerian Man Bathing His Newborn Baby (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by chiboycue: 1:09pm On Jan 05
Dilijingsly:
Am a family man and taking care of my children is not a big issue, my daughter is a year and a old . The big question is at what age should i stop bathing her?

I think your daughter is in the best position to decide when she becomes of age. You also need to seek the opinion of your wife on the subject matter as well.
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by biggy00000(m): 1:11pm On Jan 05
I no get time to day quote all of Una.

@ OP, this question is not called for. As some great guys already stated - you can stop when she start doing these things herself.

As for the fellow talking abt cleaning her private without your hands touching there- mam, you need help o cus your thought process is v. Dark. Be informed that fora reasonable father, nothing like in your head goes on when cleaning their female child.

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Bluffly: 1:23pm On Jan 05
Kobojunkie:
A mother could equally ask at what age should mothers stop bathing their boys, and you get an idea of what the issue really should be. When doing things for your kids, you do it to teach then them how to do it for themselves eventually. The child should be able to let you know when he/she can do it for herself when that time comes, or at least that she would like to try it for herself then. lipsrsealed
Odogwu. You are sensible
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by femagj(m): 1:25pm On Jan 05
At 30
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by scoobyblogspot(m): 1:25pm On Jan 05
Me i cant even bathe my 9months old daughter. Where i have to wash her private part. Not confortable
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by olisaEze(m): 1:29pm On Jan 05
You're neither a father nor a family man if you have to ask this question in public.

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by robosky02(m): 1:29pm On Jan 05
Kobojunkie:
A mother could equally ask at what age should mothers stop bathing their boys, and you get an idea of what the issue really should be. When doing things for your kids, you do it to teach then them how to do it for themselves eventually. The child should be able to let you know when he/she can do it for herself when that time comes, or at least that she would like to try it for herself then. lipsrsealed

Best advice
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Hoelujohn: 1:31pm On Jan 05
Beremx:
Bathing your daughter isn't the problem. How do you wash her private part without your hand touching there especially when she can't wash it herself?
But mother can bath the male child while touching there?

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Beremx(f): 1:32pm On Jan 05
Hoelujohn:

But mother can bath the male child while touching there?
yes, why not?

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Jewessgratitud3: 1:33pm On Jan 05
niyisky:

This is the dumbest thing I have read this year

Yes let it be! At least it will prevent " its the work of the devil" in future. The girls molested by their fathers are regular people living among us yet it happened.
Prevention is better than cure.

I said what I said.

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by FireUpNow(m): 1:36pm On Jan 05
Once shae starts developing breasts. My daughter who is in SS1 always ask me to bath her but I told her to stop that and she should tell her mother ever since then she stopped asking me to bathe her

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Kevineleven(m): 1:36pm On Jan 05
Until she learns how to bath properly, you should continue, wash her vagina very well and if for any reason she complains of pain in her vagina and her mum is not around, you should open it and check if she has been abused by somebody,she is your daughter and a kid, there is nothing wrong with it unless you are a sick.

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by itsene: 1:39pm On Jan 05
Wahala!
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Enemyofpeace: 1:40pm On Jan 05
Under the Nigerian constitution, once she is 18 years old, you should stop bathing her
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Enemyofpeace: 1:41pm On Jan 05
FireUpNow:
Once shae starts developing breasts. My daughter who is in SS1 always ask me to bath her but I told her to stop that and she should tell her mother ever since then she stopped asking me to bathe her
please I'm available to help her
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Enemyofpeace: 1:42pm On Jan 05
scoobyblogspot:
Me i cant even bathe my 9months old daughter. Where i have to wash her private part. Not confortable
please I'm available
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by patomberekpe(m): 1:47pm On Jan 05
Please you have no reason to bath a baby girl no matter the age, If the mother isn't around employ a maid or let your sister or any female come around to bath her if she must stay with you
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:54pm On Jan 05
At age 0

The mama no dey ni?
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by oracle009(m): 2:06pm On Jan 05
Jewessgratitud3:

I said what I said.

Your family is the abnormality sis, not the standard. The situation you cited also are the abnormalities not the standard. If that's all you got sis, you probably damaged grin

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by scoobyblogspot(m): 2:07pm On Jan 05
Enemyofpeace:
please I'm available

for what?
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by oracle009(m): 2:08pm On Jan 05
AlabiKILLER2023:

Swear sey you no dey touch her

tinini tanana
Were re o
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Jewessgratitud3: 2:09pm On Jan 05
oracle009:

Your family is the abnormality sis, not the standard. The situation you cited also are the abnormalities not the standard. If that's all you got sis, you probably damaged grin

Your family that lives carelessly with any principles guiding them is the highest dysfunctional family.

By the way, my father was not jobless like you that sits at home looking for a girl child to bathe.
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by saintruky(m): 2:11pm On Jan 05
Capernum:
I want to know too... I so much love bathing my girl. She's such an amazing jewel. It's always fun and amazing throwing her up after birth and hearing her laugh out loud.

How do you wash her private parts?
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Atarakpa: 2:13pm On Jan 05
You shouldn't for the first place. Where is the mother.
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Mrfeel: 2:13pm On Jan 05
Beremx:
Bathing your daughter isn't the problem. How do you wash her private part without your hand touching there especially when she can't wash it herself?

And what is bad if the hand touches there? Is the mother's hand different from the father's hand ?

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by oracle009(m): 2:15pm On Jan 05
Jewessgratitud3:

Your family that lives carelessly with any principles guiding them is the highest dysfunctional family.

By the way, my father was not jobless like you that sits at home looking for a girl child to bathe.

I said it... Damaged products. So quick to abuse grin cheesy
I hope you get well sis undecided

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Jewessgratitud3: 2:18pm On Jan 05
oracle009:

I said it... Damaged products. So quick to abuse grin cheesy
I hope you get well sis undecided

You clearly can't take what you dish out to others.
Pathetic!
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Dontcuminside(m): 2:20pm On Jan 05
I stopped bathing mine around 6 or 7 years. She's very fond of me and would cry if the mum wants to bath her instead of me. She's 12 now and her younger sister is 7. Their bathing and other personal hygiene is now strictly their mother's.
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by khattab02: 2:21pm On Jan 05
Chai.. I remembered one time at 6 or 7 when we(me and my brother) bathed and came back to the room.

The moment mumsy saw us she could see dirt all over us. grin grin grin grin grin

It was then I knew we didn't wash properly and didn't even wash some certain places

I think 6 or 7. Then the parents should also look at where they are not washing properly. With time they learn further and take things themselves 100%
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Lovelyn451(f): 2:21pm On Jan 05
Beremx:
there's nothing to wash there, absolutely nothing....my father bathed me too, he never washed there, he go just bathe you straight shikena, and I grew up never washing there,whether I get vagina or not, I don't know sef....lol

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by khattab02: 2:26pm On Jan 05
FireUpNow:
Correct advice!

Also encourage her to it herself. She no small again oo
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Beremx(f): 2:32pm On Jan 05
Lovelyn451:
there's nothing to wash there, absolutely nothing....my father bathed me too, he never washed there, he go just bathe you straight shikena, and I grew up never washing there,whether I get vagina or not, I don't know sef....lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Don't Want To Help My Brothers / Husband Cries Out As His Wife Welcomes A Quintuplet (photo) / Wife Surprisingly Paid Her Husband’s Long-term Loan (video)