Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,450 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account (40122 Views)

FG Pays ₦‎585 Million Fines, Begins Nationwide Prisoners' Release / Why I Approved Redesign Of Naira Notes - President Buhari / MMIA Airport Scandal: UK Returnees Refuse To Pay FG's Money Into Private Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by themainman600(m): 7:32am On Jan 06
Thiffffs

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by mycar: 7:32am On Jan 06
Why didn't they open a public account for it?

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by GanagiBitrus: 7:33am On Jan 06
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Letpray4BAT: 7:33am On Jan 06
Government money into a private account, if this was a civilized country she would be in jail by now.

5 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Tochi3(m): 7:33am On Jan 06
When you allowed a known bullion van to grab,steal & run away with Nigeria's mandate..what are gullible emilokans expecting...

..the era of Bullion vans is here already..& there is nothing any ebi n pa wa crew can do about it...live with it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Lumig: 7:34am On Jan 06
grin
Na so thievery dey start. E dey use style test the waters

2 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by kokoA(m): 7:35am On Jan 06
This lady don fall my hand

2 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by potent5(m): 7:36am On Jan 06
Funny people

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Nicepoker(m): 7:36am On Jan 06
Scrap that ministry. Ministry of disaster

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by tunwumi: 7:36am On Jan 06
Ikaeniyan0:
Even if Edu ask the accountant general to pay money into a private account, the accountant general should have tell her such a thing is not possible. I think the two of them needs to go.

There's no sane explanation the minister or the attorney general can give for willingly breaking Nigerian laws.

There is not the job of accountant general. There is an auditor in there that check and said it is ok. The auditor doesn't report to her but auditor general so how this it passed the auditor. Accountant General is just a bank.

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by abdulimussa: 7:36am On Jan 06
I know right from the start of this government that things will go south even when we are in the south. IGBOS are the problem they have started again Beta Edu now. Can't you people keep quiet for a minute?

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Jackiedemie(m): 7:36am On Jan 06
Then who will be retiring those receipts if not for the account department?
This wasn't a contract but something supervised by the ministry
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by badoh(m): 7:38am On Jan 06
The way public officials continue to defend illegal act is second to none. Who will believe the Minister does not have fraudulent intention by authorising payment of public funds into private account? Why do people always misuse any opportunities given to them to do things differently? The rot in the system is too enormous and Tinubu needs to take a hard stance on corruption if he wants to succeed at all. Almost every public officials are corrupt and stopping this rubbish will need outright dismissal and prosecution of any public official accused of corruption.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Charly68: 7:38am On Jan 06
Same trait ,same 419 style ,same greedy lifedtyle ,same wayo and magomago ,wuruwuru ,corny corny people ..may God keep exposing them one by one. Let the woman pay for her folly please ,her excuse is lame and dumb and very unfounded .. consultant must have company account ...this was the same way Buhari minister told us she was feeding school children with billions in covid era when those children were facing lock down at home ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by DARLINGTON869(m): 7:39am On Jan 06
A whole half a billion naira. And she is still trying to defend it. What if the owner of the personal account vanishes with the money to Canada or the Caribbeans. What explanation on earth will she give with respect to that.
....ONLY IN NIGERIA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Scholace: 7:41am On Jan 06
Preenxess:
Very soon the masses will revolt and these beautiful vultures will attempt running for their lives but it'll be too late then.
Endsars and the recent women protest in bokkoss is a warning sign.

Keep taking the masses for a ride.
honestly speaking

These guys are being paid in millions as salary and allowances. Yet, they keep stealing billions upon billions. They refused to pay those poor masses their meagre 30k 9 months outstanding stipend. Why is this country like this please? They want the masses to die. The beneficiaries should better enter the street and demand for their outstanding stipend to be paid once with immediate effect

4 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Dialpad: 7:41am On Jan 06
This is not right, how can a private account be used to disburse public funds ...

Does not make sense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Nwaokunkpara: 7:41am On Jan 06
Am not surprised as this is nothing new with APC led government

2 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by lexy2014: 7:43am On Jan 06
flexyrule:
Lame excuse.

What if she vanishes with the money?

Just imagine the type of people that are handling the affairs of our country.

She can't even put up a convincing response..

“For the avoidance, the said N585m was approved, and it is meant to implement grants to vulnerable groups in Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Ogun, and Lagos states.

am still trying to understand how they identify these "vulnerable groups"?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Prigidypogodo(f): 7:43am On Jan 06
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

My dear sorry to break your heart. A revolution willl never occur in Nigeria
Should I tell you a secrete about Nigeria
Nobody is angry about bad government in this country we all are pretending to be angry because it is not our tribesmen or religion person that is in government..
Don't be surprised when we call for a protest against this woman her tribes people will not participate.
We were all aware that Tinubu's administration is gonna be a repetition of Buhari's tenure because Tinubu was part of it and he was the one who brought upon us Buhari's administration
Instead they allowed tribalism and religion sentiments again
Oh so the suffering of tinubu is greater than that of Jonathan subsidy removal but yet the voices that led a protest and shut down Jonathan subsidy removal suddenly lost their voice.
Should I tell you another secret.
It will be difficult for the nation to unite against any president from the three major tribe due to tribalism

Light up my weed with anger while I stake some football games this morning
Damm bloody nigga I love you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by treatise: 7:45am On Jan 06

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Prigidypogodo(f): 7:45am On Jan 06
Letpray4BAT:
Government money into a private account, if this was a civilized country she would be in jail by now.
na Tinubu side chic naa

4 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Osax0: 7:46am On Jan 06

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by 77up(m): 7:46am On Jan 06
I don't want to be too quick to say I'm disappointed in this beautiful woman .

Isn't this too early? I hope it's not what we think anyway.

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by philipobiz: 7:47am On Jan 06
Thonyboy:

https://.ng/2024/01/06/why-i-approved-payment-of-n585m-into-private-account-tinubus-minister-betta-edu/
This is fraud upfront. The money was paid there and will be held there for a period to earn float.
The banks conivance too in helping facilitate fraud. Sometime back a huge amount was paid into an agency's account. Almost half was transfered to a private account. The transaction was hidden, the new balance was hidden to show nothing moved. Tech guys will tell you how it is done

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by ClearFlair: 7:47am On Jan 06
These APC people
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by starstaz(m): 7:47am On Jan 06
Betta Edu, why nau. This is too early in the day to soak your hand in dirty water. More importantly, you are a professional and a role model for the youth. Even though, no matter the quality of education a Nigerian had, the gene of corruption will never let him breathe.

4 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Scholace: 7:47am On Jan 06
Ikaeniyan0:
Even if Edu ask the accountant general to pay money into a private account, the accountant general should have tell her such a thing is not possible. I think the two of them needs to go.

There's no sane explanation the minister or the attorney general can give for willingly breaking Nigerian laws.
Beta Edu should be suspended immediately, then EFCC Should invite her for questioning
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:47am On Jan 06
tunwumi:
It sounds crazy that an accountant of director level (means the person has served for 18 years) doesn't know payment of huge money into private, worse is personal, account is a terrible infraction.

And these same people will be quoting IFRS on petty cash! Hummm
It is not only in the said ministry this arrant rubbish is happening! It is happening across the entire public and civil service. Very mad crazy country. Constitutionally empowered corruption

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by starstaz(m): 7:49am On Jan 06
Prigidypogodo:
na Tinubu side chic naa

U wanna say, baba hijacked her from former cross river guv. I dey Laugh o
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Scholace: 7:49am On Jan 06
lexy2014:

am still trying to understand how they identify these "vulnerable groups"?
They're all thieves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prince Uche Secondus Succeed Adamu Muazu As PDP Chairman / No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order / "If Anything Happens To Dino Melaye" – Dogara Warns Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.