Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,350 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account (40089 Views)

FG Pays ₦‎585 Million Fines, Begins Nationwide Prisoners' Release / Why I Approved Redesign Of Naira Notes - President Buhari / MMIA Airport Scandal: UK Returnees Refuse To Pay FG's Money Into Private Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Sirianese: 8:28am On Jan 06

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by rafcrown(m): 8:28am On Jan 06
Let all of us start to wage war against Fraudulent practices and embezzlement of public funds

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Ishilove: 8:30am On Jan 06
Lifeinlight:
I swear grin

I gave up on Nigeria a long time ago

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by DaTruths: 8:31am On Jan 06
Vinnie2000:

Is Betta Edu, Igbo? 🤔😒

Betta Chinedu
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:32am On Jan 06
Ikaeniyan0:
Even if Edu ask the accountant general to pay money into a private account, the accountant general should have tell her such a thing is not possible. I think the two of them needs to go.

There's no sane explanation the minister or the attorney general can give for willingly breaking Nigerian laws.

Your responses are becoming sensible and devoid of tribal protectionism these days.

I think you need to extend this newfound wisdom to some of your brothers.

Nigeria cannot progress when people decide to defend evil/corruption, etc, just to protect a corrupt government being led by their kinsman/men

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by jattopeter(m): 8:33am On Jan 06
Don't be Delusional, the names you mentioned pls what do they have to do regarding the subject of discussion?
Wake up pls
Vinnie2000:

Is it NOT This same woman that said it was Adeboye or Oyedepo that prayed for her and became Minister? undecided

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Kasdat5(m): 8:34am On Jan 06
Ole , everybody.
This year ending , she go still come give testimony for shiloh .

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by ufotunang: 8:35am On Jan 06
Nawaoooo..fear women 🙄
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by ufotunang: 8:36am On Jan 06
So women cannot be trusted with money... nawaoooo 🙄
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by jojothaiv(m): 8:37am On Jan 06
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

My dear sorry to break your heart. A revolution willl never occur in Nigeria
Should I tell you a secrete about Nigeria
Nobody is angry about bad government in this country we all are pretending to be angry because it is not our tribesmen or religion person that is in government..
Don't be surprised when we call for a protest against this woman her tribes people will not participate. The end sars protest the north did not participate because it was seen as a fight against their own son Buhari. Even some major part of South west did not participate because it was seen as a disruption to the quest and ambition of tinubu's 2023 candidacy
We were all aware that Tinubu's administration is gonna be a repetition of Buhari's tenure because Tinubu was part of it and he was the one who brought upon us Buhari's administration
Instead they allowed tribalism and religion sentiments again
Oh so the suffering of tinubu is greater than that of Jonathan subsidy removal but yet the voices that led a protest and shut down Jonathan subsidy removal suddenly lost their voice.
Should I tell you another secret.
It will be difficult for the nation to unite against any president from the three major tribe due to tribalism

Light up my weed with anger while I stake some football games this morning
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Bluntemperor: 8:37am On Jan 06
kayusely70:
Let's wait and watch as events unfold!

While due Process was followed up to a certain extent,but the Minister - Betta Edu- cannot tell me that payment of this Humongous-Multi-Millions into a Private Account of a Single -Person did not violate the Public Accountabilities laws?
1- How can one person be a signatory to this Multi-Millions,yet would not raise eyes browl?
2- How can a Minister,allowed this kind of transactions - without further asking them to correct the Abnormalities of the Past?
3- How can a Person ( even,if na Accountant) be able to give Accurate Accounts) of disbursement on a States,not to talk about 3 or 4 - States?
4- Is this not same methods that we saw in Buhari's Govt - Officials and accusations that they can't accounts for the Homongous NBILLIONS converted, that Nigeria is bleeding
before now and we ca not continue same methods today?
So what has changed?

To Ms Betta Edu-Minister:
• Madam,you should be smarter than this o,as those guys you met on that Ministry can do anything- as what they called normal are abnormalities but they are not sincere to Nigerians!
i• So Money has been granted your dept, but why is it difficult - for Nigerian Retirees and Nigerian Workers,to get their Own Palliatives,since June,2023 but as we can all see now, NBILLIONS are being moved here and there?
- Some Governos have sat on this Palliatives Money that the Federal Govt have released to them since!
Is this Fair to the Nigeria People?
Governors are having:
- Palliatives NBillions
-the Quarterly NBILLIONS and
- even the Budget Allocated Funds/ Billions with them and the Youths are not having Jobs nor means of survival?
ii•So the impression that there is No Money to pay the Palliatives Or Money have not be Received by your Dept Or Any State in Nigeria- from the Federal Govt is False and Fallacies!
iii•Why are our MIDAS-(Min and Depts) like this?
Therefore, kindly pay the Money and Accounts for its distribution, Please!
We want you to succeed and it's too early to be distracted!
Our God will fight for us!

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Minime10(f): 8:37am On Jan 06
crossfm:
Hehehe.

This humanitarian ministry seems like the most corrupt ministry created by APC.

Their looting is alarming.

They are trying to prove to Nigerians that beautiful women are good in looting grin cheesy.

That is because they need the looted funds to buy their bleeching creams, pancake powders, breast resetting etcs😎

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by ufotunang: 8:39am On Jan 06
That is why I hate all this social intervention funds, conditional cash transfer, N - power, school feeding program...all this programs are just opportunities for politcians to loot money and enrich themselves and the poor nigerians do not benefit from this programs

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by femi4: 8:40am On Jan 06
Ikaeniyan0:
Even if Edu ask the accountant general to pay money into a private account, the accountant general should have tell her such a thing is not possible. I think the two of them needs to go.

There's no sane explanation the minister or the attorney general can give for willingly breaking Nigerian laws.
When you watch her testimony in winners for being a minister of the federal Republic, you will know that she's on a mission to steal public funds

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Lifeinlight: 8:42am On Jan 06
Bluntemperor:

While due Process was followed up to a certain extent,but the Minister - Betta Edu- cannot tell me that payment of this Humongous-Multi-Millions into a Private Account of a Single -Person did not violate the Public Accountabilities laws?
1- How can one person be a signatory to this Multi-Millions,yet would not raise eyes browl?
2- How can a Minister,allowed this kind of transactions - without further asking them to correct the Abnormalities of the Past?
3- How can a Person ( even,if na Accountant) be able to give Accurate Accounts) of disbursement on a States,not to talk about 3 or 4 - States?
4- Is this not same methods that we saw in Buhari's Govt - Officials and accusations that they can't accounts for the Homongous NBILLIONS converted, that Nigeria is bleeding
before now and we ca not continue same methods today?
So what has changed?

To Ms Betta Edu-Minister:
• Madam,you should be smarter than this o,as those guys you met on that Ministry can do anything- as what they called normal are abnormalities but they are not sincere to Nigerians!
i• So Money has been granted your dept, but why is it difficult - for Nigerian Retirees and Nigerian Workers,to get their Own Palliatives,since June,2023 but as we can all see now, NBILLIONS are being moved here and there?
ii•So the impression that there is No Money to pay the Palliatives Or Money have not be Received by your Dept Or Any State in Nigeria- from the Federal Govt is False and Fallacies!
iii•Why are our MIDAS-(Min and Depts) like this?
Therefore, kindly pay the Money and Accounts for its distribution, Please!
We want you to succeed and it's too early to be distracted!
This was nothing but pure breach of public accountability. She must be dismiss
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by epainos: 8:42am On Jan 06
So called youth. Lol. Stealing ...stealing...stealing...
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by ikpumbe(m): 8:42am On Jan 06
Preenxess:
Very soon the masses will revolt and these beautiful vultures will attempt running for their lives but it'll be too late then.
Endsars and the recent women protest in bokkoss is a warning sign.

Keep taking the masses for a ride.

This generation cannot do any meaningful protest again.
Maybe the next generation..
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by KingLennon(m): 8:42am On Jan 06
Preenxess:
Very soon the masses will revolt and these beautiful vultures will attempt running for their lives but it'll be too late then.
Endsars and the recent women protest in bokkoss is a warning sign.

Keep taking the masses for a ride.
God bless you. One day e go cast sad

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Sheggy13(m): 8:42am On Jan 06
It's a shame. People were clamouring for youth in power. Tinubu listened and made youths ministers. Unfortunately Betta the youngest among them at just 37 is already committing an infraction in just barely 6 months in office. Nigeria makes one sick. No sense of patriotism anywhere. People just want to get into positions with the sole aim of stealing public funds brazenly.

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by ufotunang: 8:44am On Jan 06
Minime10:

That is because they need the looted funds to buy their bleeching creams, pancake powders, breast resetting etcs😎
.....and for her to do boobs enlargement and butt enlargement 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Palmstudy: 8:45am On Jan 06
Not to defend corruption, but there are certain things in public service you may not understand. To avoid bottleneck in distribution of the said fund, that channel of paying to personal account could be the way to go.

If they want to embezzle the fund, what do you think it will take them to get contractors from different states and pay in the money and afterward get those monies.

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by gloryman91: 8:46am On Jan 06
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu won't be respected again if he didn't sack both the Minister and Accountant General of the Federation.

We are watching.

Why not put people like BTO in such ministries.

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by kay29000(m): 8:47am On Jan 06
SmartyPants:

What is the difference between what this lady did and the 250 million naira cash Peter Obi's aide was caught with when he was governor?

A nation filled with hypocrites.

Super hypocritical fellow... Pandering for likes on Nairaland.

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by MILLERMannn: 8:49am On Jan 06
Ikaeniyan0:

Just imagine how this woman disgrace the South South again. In just two months. Haha, what is wrong with the southerners sef? I left Warri because of their atrocities. My colleagues here in Ibadan used to called the southerners thieves. Is it not glaring? In just two months. No one should quote me. I am from the South South.

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by kay29000(m): 8:49am On Jan 06
Sheggy13:
It's a shame. People were clamouring for youth in power. Tinubu listened and made youths ministers. Unfortunately Betta the youngest among them at just 37 is already committing an infraction in just barely 6 months in office. Nigeria makes one sick. No sense of patriotism anywhere. People just want to get into positions with the sole aim of stealing public funds brazenly.

I swear...Such a shame. Good things she was caught early though. She needs to be removed ASAP.

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Lifeinlight: 8:53am On Jan 06
Sheggy13:
It's so sad honestly. This was pure breach of public accountability. Tinubu should dismiss her and the accountant

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by flexyrule(m): 8:58am On Jan 06
lexy2014:

am still trying to understand how they identify these "vulnerable groups"?
More than half of that money ended up in their pockets.

They are the vulnerable!

The other half is probably given to party leaders to distribute to their ward as a way of securing their votes for the next elections.

Bro. You expect people that hoarded palliatives during a pandemic to care about the vulnerable?

Nigerian leaders are EVIL!

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by garfield1: 9:02am On Jan 06
Odidigboigbo:
The very day APC created that ministry, I said it that the ministry is a ministry to siphon Nigeria treasury.
They can't be any accountability in that ministry.

How is okowa
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Iamzik: 9:03am On Jan 06
arcahmad:
I think looking at the way transanction was carriedout, l can conclude that she was not aware of the law or doesnt have the intention of diverting the fund for personal use. I have confidence she will do her best with time. Even if she was removed, walahi she will be replaced with big thief.

You know nothing John Snow grin grin
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Forumobserver12(m): 9:18am On Jan 06
SharingIsLife:

But, they are all doing this from the President to the last person in the government. If not, the money Nigeria has can easily be utilized to make life very beautiful for everyone. Check this out and see just how easy it can be for the government to transform Nigeria for good even without spending much.
NIGERIA TO THE WORLD #SHARPSHARP: How To Speedily Turn Japa And Yahuu Syndromes Into Big Economic Advantages For Nigerians.

Instead, they are wasting the future of our youths by stashing away the money.

The most annoying thing is that these criminals in power keep telling Nigerians that the country has no money, yet the little money available for the development of the country have been going into their private pockets...

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Lifeinlight: 9:20am On Jan 06
flexyrule:
More than half of that money ended up in their pockets.

They are the vulnerable!

The other half is probably given to party leaders to distribute to their ward as a way of securing their votes for the next elections.

Bro. You expect people that hoarded palliatives during a pandemic to care about the vulnerable?

Nigerian leaders are EVIL!
This is the reason why those Npower beneficiaries should enter the street right away and demand for their outstanding stipend to be paid once with immediate effect without any delay or waiting for any rubbish investigation. Those politicians do not care for any of them. They don't care if they exist. This is the right time to protest and demand for it. It's long overdue. The money has been recovered so it should be release ASAP without delay. These politicians earn in millions and even steal billions of naira if not dollars. Yet, they refused to pay those Npower beneficiaries ordinary 30k stipend for supposed graduates

I weep for my country
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by lendahand(m): 9:22am On Jan 06
flexyrule:
Lame excuse.

What if she vanishes with the money?

Just imagine the type of people that are handling the affairs of our country.

She can't even put up a convincing response..
it's her friend that owns the account, it's plain to see...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts To Photos Of Rice With His 2019 Campaign Poster Printed On It / Jerusalem As Capital: IPOB Turkey 'Diplomat' Ally Withdraws Support For Biafra / 96-yr-old Woman Who Donated N1M To Buhari Receives First Lady Of Kebbi..photo

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54