Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account (40112 Views)

FG Pays ₦‎585 Million Fines, Begins Nationwide Prisoners' Release / Why I Approved Redesign Of Naira Notes - President Buhari / MMIA Airport Scandal: UK Returnees Refuse To Pay FG's Money Into Private Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by DARLINGTON869(m): 7:49am On Jan 06
Dialpad:
This is not right, how can a private account be used to disburse public funds ...

Does not make sense

The offense alone is bad in itself. But the crazily annoying thing is that she is still trying to defend it. What is a whole half a billion naira public fund doing in a private account

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by alpharoyalty: 7:52am On Jan 06
grin grin grin
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Scholace: 7:52am On Jan 06
77up:
I don't want to be too quick to say I'm disappointed in this beautiful woman .

Isn't this too early? I hope it's not what we think anyway.
The fact that she refused to pay those Npower beneficiaries their 9 months outstanding stipend up till this moment is enough to know that something is definitely wrong with her. Afterall she claimed they had recovered the money from the consultant, so what's stopped them from paying the money?

2 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by DaTruths: 7:52am On Jan 06
When i say that the masses should unite together and shun tribalism because the politicians are united against us, the likes of Seunmsg, legendhero, leodeking and other ethnic supremacists would think it's its just an opposition rant.

Now, how many Yoruba people that voted for Tinubu have seen this amount of money, not to talk of being theirs?

Here an igbo woman is living no limits in this government more than naira land supremacists.

Who is fooling who?

Well i don't expect black man to have sense, especially their masses.

I just hope God touches the heart of a leader, because if they don't decide to change by themselves, even in next 200 years ethnic supremacists would always choose servitude over common sense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by tubolancer(m): 7:53am On Jan 06
I have been monitoring the payment lately, and I discovered that people in Lagos are yet to receive the N25,000 from the Federal Government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Focusmind: 7:53am On Jan 06
See excuses......." it will be retired with all receipts and evidence." Is it difficult to procure fake receipts to retire advance in Nigeria? They can eat the money and get useless documents as evidence and receipts and submit them to retire the N585m. Fear Nigerian politicians.....at least she needs the millions to keep buying her expensive weavons and gold jewelries. Corruption in Nigeria is just too nauseating.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Blankstare(m): 7:55am On Jan 06
This was pure breach of public accountability

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by portplus: 7:56am On Jan 06
Who are the Vulnerable and what empirical data do you have to proof the number of vulnerable and where they are?

If you involve me in this sharing of Renewed Hope Money.....me sef go steal part of am.

2 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Lanre1st(m): 7:56am On Jan 06
Mumu Nigeria Bank will not freeze this account for receiving, #585million and call EFCC. If it is common Nigeria receiving 1M to his account they will quickly block the account and ask him to come for investigation

2 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Brushstrokes20: 7:56am On Jan 06
# stale, dumb as Fvck defence of a chronic kleptomaniacs!💯
# useless govt of self serving THIEVES,
By thieves,
For Brainless buffoons ✅

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:57am On Jan 06
Beautiful Criminal !
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Meteng: 7:57am On Jan 06
This small girl don start her own. Awon .’give the youths a chance’. Everybody dey find opportunity to enter, when you enter, you stop pontificating and start “eating”

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:57am On Jan 06
The very day APC created that ministry, I said it that the ministry is a ministry to siphon Nigeria treasury.
They can't be any accountability in that ministry.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by bigiyaro(m): 7:58am On Jan 06
Preenxess:
Very soon the masses will revolt and these beautiful vultures will attempt running for their lives but it'll be too late then.
Endsars and the recent women protest in bokkoss is a warning sign.

Keep taking the masses for a ride.
😁😁😁😁😁 never.
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Bodexinvest: 7:58am On Jan 06
You are a learner.
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Scholace: 7:58am On Jan 06
tubolancer:
I have been monitoring the payment lately, and I discovered that people in Lagos are yet to receive the N25,000 from the Federal Government.
The question is what are the criteria or requirements for chosing these people? How did they get them?
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Blankstare(m): 7:58am On Jan 06
Focusmind:
See excuses......." it will be retired with all receipts and evidence." Is it difficult to procure fake receipts to retire advance in Nigeria? They can eat the money and get useless documents as evidence and receipts and submit them to retire the N585m. Fear Nigerian politicians.....at least she needs the millions to keep buying her expensive weavons and gold jewelries. Corruption in Nigeria is just too nauseating.

Come to federal secreteriate and see how this girl carry her shoulder, you will think she's the president of Africa...
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by benqo01(m): 7:59am On Jan 06
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

My dear sorry to break your heart. A revolution willl never occur in Nigeria
Should I tell you a secrete about Nigeria
Nobody is angry about bad government in this country we all are pretending to be angry because it is not our tribesmen or religion person that is in government..
Don't be surprised when we call for a protest against this woman her tribes people will not participate. The end sars protest the north did not participate because it was seen as a fight against their own son Buhari. Even some major part of South west did not participate because it was seen as a disruption to the quest and ambition of tinubu's 2023 candidacy
We were all aware that Tinubu's administration is gonna be a repetition of Buhari's tenure because Tinubu was part of it and he was the one who brought upon us Buhari's administration
Instead they allowed tribalism and religion sentiments again
Oh so the suffering of tinubu is greater than that of Jonathan subsidy removal but yet the voices that led a protest and shut down Jonathan subsidy removal suddenly lost their voice.
Should I tell you another secret.
It will be difficult for the nation to unite against any president from the three major tribe due to tribalism

Light up my weed with anger while I stake some football games this morning

Protest cant work never thanks to tribalism

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by vikstandon(m): 7:59am On Jan 06
Thonyboy:

https://.ng/2024/01/06/why-i-approved-payment-of-n585m-into-private-account-tinubus-minister-betta-edu/

The reason why they won't agree approving gun use by citizens is "that ama gonna shoot a Politician with it.

The present and past ones we have experienced are all thieves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Dbestbrest: 8:00am On Jan 06
This country is irredeemable! How can people entrusted with state funds will have such a mind to damn the damnedest to transfer state funds meant for vulnerable people to private account? Well we are watching the way the president will handle this matter. By now, EFCC supposed to have arrested her for questioning. This is frustrating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Scholace: 8:00am On Jan 06
Blankstare:

This was pure breach of public accountability
Absolutely!

Tinubu has no other choice than to dismiss her ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by franchasofficia: 8:01am On Jan 06
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

My dear sorry to break your heart. A revolution willl never occur in Nigeria
Should I tell you a secrete about Nigeria
Nobody is angry about bad government in this country we all are pretending to be angry because it is not our tribesmen or religion person that is in government..
Don't be surprised when we call for a protest against this woman her tribes people will not participate. The end sars protest the north did not participate because it was seen as a fight against their own son Buhari. Even some major part of South west did not participate because it was seen as a disruption to the quest and ambition of tinubu's 2023 candidacy
We were all aware that Tinubu's administration is gonna be a repetition of Buhari's tenure because Tinubu was part of it and he was the one who brought upon us Buhari's administration
Instead they allowed tribalism and religion sentiments again
Oh so the suffering of tinubu is greater than that of Jonathan subsidy removal but yet the voices that led a protest and shut down Jonathan subsidy removal suddenly lost their voice.
Should I tell you another secret.
It will be difficult for the nation to unite against any president from the three major tribe due to tribalism

Light up my weed with anger while I stake some football games this morning
Seems weed smokers are the greatest truth sayers on earth shocked cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by olisaEze(m): 8:02am On Jan 06
Without the civil servants no politician can loot successfully! grin

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by jattopeter(m): 8:02am On Jan 06
Ikaeniyan0:
Even if Edu ask the accountant general to pay money into a private account, the accountant general should have tell her such a thing is not possible. I think the two of them needs to go.

There's no sane explanation the minister or the attorney general can give for willingly breaking Nigerian laws.
God Bless you sir for this your Summation.
Let's be Honest with one another the Explanation she gave doesn't make any sense to me neither does it holds water. The only reason for such act is strictly diversion of fund , Fraudulent act. No 2 ways to it sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by pacespot(m): 8:02am On Jan 06
Preenxess:
Very soon the masses will revolt and these beautiful vultures will attempt running for their lives but it'll be too late then.
Endsars and the recent women protest in bokkoss is a warning sign.

Keep taking the masses for a ride.

They are confiding in the Islamic military to have their backs in events like that, reason why they are no longer accountable to the people.
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Scholace: 8:03am On Jan 06
Blankstare:

Come to federal secreteriate and see how this girl carry her shoulder, you will think she's the president of Africa...
I know she's that kind of a person. Painting her face everytime with makeup. This was pure breach of public accountability, Tinubu should dismiss her right away.

EFCC should also pick her up for.questioning

2 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by benqo01(m): 8:03am On Jan 06
Protest doesn't work in nigeria and can never work thanks to Tribalism

Like someone said people complain about bad government when it not thier person in power

Well that is the situation we have found ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Babangidapikin: 8:03am On Jan 06
The only reason I am not saying anything is because I know one person that told me he received Mr President Renewed Hope grant ... Told him about Fed grant too. .
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by FireUpNow(m): 8:04am On Jan 06
Hmm na so different things go dey happen.

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by lexy2014: 8:04am On Jan 06
tunwumi:

There is not the job of accountant general. There is an auditor in there that check and said it is ok. The auditor doesn't report to her but auditor general so how this it passed the auditor. Accountant General is just a bank.

that is very untrue. there are laws or policies (in the private sector) guiding accounting practice and an accountant ought not pay just anything just because he is not an auditor. the law in civil service regarding payment reads thus:

"Section 713 of the law states, “Personal money shall in no circumstances be paid into a government bank account, nor shall any public money be paid into a private bank account. An officer who pays public money into a private account is deemed to have done so with fraudulent intention.”

the accountant general is bound by that law and is bound to uphold by questioning any request brought to his desk and refusing to honour that request if it does not conform to the law. if the accountant general honours that request despite it contravening the law, the he is guilty of fraud

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling / Kanu To Buhari: Release ‘Mama Biafra’ From Detention, She’s Mother To Me / Rerun: We’ve Done Our Calculation Well, Tinubu Won’t Be On Ballot, LP Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.