Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,432 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account (40118 Views)

FG Pays ₦‎585 Million Fines, Begins Nationwide Prisoners' Release / Why I Approved Redesign Of Naira Notes - President Buhari / MMIA Airport Scandal: UK Returnees Refuse To Pay FG's Money Into Private Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:49am On Jan 06
flexyrule:
More than half of that money ended up in their pockets.

They are the vulnerable!

The other half is probably given to party leaders to distribute to their ward as a way of securing their votes for the next elections.

Bro. You expect people that hoarded palliatives during a pandemic to care about the vulnerable?

Nigerian leaders are EVIL!
If not for the multi diversity of the ethnic groups, these guys would have been stoned in a sane country. But you can't do that now, it would lead to civil war just like in 66.

Could you believe that as important as the endsars protest was, generally the North did not participate, they were so enraged that they believed that the protest was a calculated attempt to unseat their brother/son who was the then president.

The only way it can be a little better is if a leader from the minority ethic group is elected or selected.
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Lifeinlight: 10:53am On Jan 06
flexyrule:
If you audit that Npower program very well. You'd discover that there are thousand of ghost beneficiaries. The monthly stipends are recovered backend from the beneficiaries.

I remember a scandal involving dbanj with this same Npower. That one has been swept under the carpet.
hmmmm so why can't they pay the beneficiaries their outstanding stipend? Why hoarding the money till this very moment
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Adolfnigeria: 10:56am On Jan 06
maybe the executive is involved and these individuals are just help them launder the money ?
there is probably more to this story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Lifeinlight: 10:57am On Jan 06
Ikaeniyan0:
The Tinubu Government is on the right path
by increasing have hardship to ensure the poor masses has nothing to eat right? Or by stealing Npower beneficiaries outstanding money? Which one

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by ayo2008: 10:59am On Jan 06
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Udoboss(m): 11:03am On Jan 06
lexy2014:

am still trying to understand how they identify these "vulnerable groups"?

Lol...Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Leonel55(m): 11:24am On Jan 06
There is no hope. Nigeria is done: sold and disposed off. This is no longer a country but a contraption designed for thieves and fraudsters to siphon money and create ridiculous wealth for themselves and their families. Wealth that they never worked for and could never attain on the basis of their own skills.

They indebt the so called "country" by borrowing money with reckless abandon and then turn around to redirect the borrowed money into their personal accounts with impunity.

And it's all getting worse by the day. With every new government, the cost of living multiplies. The current administration broke every record in terms of raising the cost of living, tripling it overnight from where the previous administration raised it to, with bogus and empty policies, and there's no sign whatsoever that they have an idea of what they are doing or the capacity to bring anything good.

It's one thing to have good intentions, it's another thing to actually have the capacity and integrity to deliver.

The level of insensitivity they have towards the common masses is unbelievable. You see the President rolling into Lagos, with all the crazy traffic congestion that's facing it, with an entourage of close to 30 vehicles, if not more. What in the world is the explanation for that?

They're allocating tens of billions for renovating VP's residence, hundreds of billions for vehicles for National Assembly members, and list goes on.

How can there be hope in the midst of all this callouses and wickedness?

And they question the Japa trend.

As far as I am concerned, we don't have a country. We're simply a large collection of people held hostage by a small group of thieves and fraudsters who are collecting ransom on our heads.

May God have mercy on us!

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by blaise26abj(m): 11:25am On Jan 06
Thonyboy:

https://.ng/2024/01/06/why-i-approved-payment-of-n585m-into-private-account-tinubus-minister-betta-edu/

I have always said the only way to get ministers to sit up and be effective is make two high profile scapegoats . Deal with them in such a brutal way that the rest know that if they mess up they will be axed .

Unfortunately we don’t have such leaders . Only padi padi arrangements

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by benjaminlawson(m): 11:26am On Jan 06
God will deliver Nigeria with these sets of criminals we called leaders in this country, if not because the country has been turned to criminal syndicate, who would the whole accountant general of federation pay public money into a private account, this is what all of them are doing, they will tell us no money with government, because they have shared all the money among themselves. EFCC, should do the needful by inviting her for questioning, and the president should sack her immediately. Also the criminal act of using consultant to execute government project should be abolished, what is the use of all ministry staff? That every project will be executed through consultant, and 10% of our scares resources are paid to the so called consultant or better still, if staff of ministries are so incompetent that they cant execute government policies, then, let the be sacked. So that we cant waste money on staff salaries and at the same time engage consultant to implement government policies.
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Neoteny7: 11:29am On Jan 06
athaboi:
Thieves, that's what all this people are! Pathetic and shameless people....the earlier Nigerians know that there's no hope if Nigeria is continued to run in this type of structure the better for all us! Thank God I don't stay in that shit hole, I only have sympathy bcoz I am from there

But doing olosho in Dubai is worse.....those Arabs probably poke your own shit hole
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Khyrvxjzy: 11:36am On Jan 06
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

My dear sorry to break your heart. A revolution willl never occur in Nigeria
Should I tell you a secrete about Nigeria
Nobody is angry about bad government in this country we all are pretending to be angry because it is not our tribesmen or religion person that is in government..
Don't be surprised when we call for a protest against this woman her tribes people will not participate. The end sars protest the north did not participate because it was seen as a fight against their own son Buhari. Even some major part of South west did not participate because it was seen as a disruption to the quest and ambition of tinubu's 2023 candidacy
We were all aware that Tinubu's administration is gonna be a repetition of Buhari's tenure because Tinubu was part of it and he was the one who brought upon us Buhari's administration
Instead they allowed tribalism and religion sentiments again
Oh so the suffering of tinubu is greater than that of Jonathan subsidy removal but yet the voices that led a protest and shut down Jonathan subsidy removal suddenly lost their voice.
Should I tell you another secret.
It will be difficult for the nation to unite against any president from the three major tribe due to tribalism

Light up my weed with anger while I stake some football games this morning

no ibo man will be president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by johnog4sure: 11:56am On Jan 06
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Nobody is angry about bad government in this country we all are pretending to be angry because it is not our tribesmen or religion person that is in government..
Don't be surprised when we call for a protest against this woman her tribes people will not participate. The end sars protest the north did not participate because it was seen as a fight against their own son Buhari. Even some major part of South west did not participate because it was seen as a disruption to the quest and ambition of tinubu's 2023 candidacy
We were all aware that Tinubu's administration is gonna be a repetition of Buhari's tenure because Tinubu was part of it and he was the one who brought upon us Buhari's administration
Oh so the suffering of tinubu is greater than that of Jonathan subsidy removal but yet the voices that led a protest and shut down Jonathan subsidy removal suddenly lost their voice.
It will be difficult for the nation to unite against any president from the three major tribe due to tribalism

100% correct! in addition to above: Most Nigerians lacks the moral character to even confront their corrupt leaders, people wey they by-pass nepa light, steal in their offices, corner rice meant less privilege etc.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by sageb: 12:03pm On Jan 06
jmoore:
Fantastically corrupt.

If one minister loots 30 billion, thatt means all ministers, heads of agencies, etc will be looting trillions.

The devil must be a Nigerian.

These idiots will tell us to do BVN, etc. But when they want to share money to Nigerians, they will avoid paying directly to beneficaries account because it will ruin their corruption plan.

The sad reality 😔
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by koning: 12:10pm On Jan 06
"Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs " by it's very nature cannot be transparent. THE MINISTRY SHOULD BE SCRAPPED.

Poverty alleviation to which "vulnerable"Nigerians?.

The ministry of Women affairs, though unneccessary, can handle all forms of poverty alleviation for vulnerable Nigerians.

SCRAP THAT MINISTRY NOW!.

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Gentlesoul2021(m): 12:18pm On Jan 06
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by iamkim7: 12:23pm On Jan 06
They are quoting civil service rules which takes back sit to any guideline or act from the Nigerian constitution.
Nigeria sha,there is always something to cover all the thieving that goes on in this country.
President Tinubu is at a watershed moment to show if he wants to set a new legacy or Nigeria should just continue as a free for all buffet of thievery.
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by IbeOkehie: 12:38pm On Jan 06
Preenxess:
Very soon the masses will revolt and these beautiful vultures will attempt running for their lives but it'll be too late then.
Endsars and the recent women protest in bokkoss is a warning sign.

Keep taking the masses for a ride.

Nothing will happen. At most one riot and everything goes back to normal.

NIGERIANS WILL DO NOTHING.

Good Luck to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Fcwilly: 12:41pm On Jan 06
There is nothing wrong with that naaaa, as long as APC is concerned. TINUBU and APC are one.
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by rumaabk(m): 12:42pm On Jan 06
Betta is jumping the learning curve!

This is a classical case of kindergarten corruption. You can’t be inexperienced & impatient at the same time. I’m not legalising illegality, I’m just saying I love sense, and this is not even close.

The Honourable Minister didn’t explain that memo, coz approval doesn’t mean you have any right to violate Financial Regulations, NFIU Act, EFCC Act & Public Procurement Act. 500million is not 500k. Like NSIPA’s Halima, Betta should step aside for investigation.

Moreover, who’s Oniyelu Bridget Mojisola, the supposed beneficiary of the 500million Naira? This simply implies that Nigerian banks allow monies of this threshold into individual accounts from public accounts against the provisions of our Money Laundering (prohibition) Laws. Where’s the CBN’s supervision? Where’s NFIU’s searchlight? So many unanswered questions.

Truth is, NSIP is a cancer, we must disband it immediately. The corruption embedded in that programme is bigger than what we’ve seen in the subsidy regime.

Politicians & cronies are exploiting the poor to enrich themselves. I insist, NSIP remains a political tool to only institutionalise voter inducement. It doesn’t create any social safety net.

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by 417mokolade: 12:49pm On Jan 06
HmmmHmmm...
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:55pm On Jan 06
koning:
"Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs " by it's very nature cannot be transparent. THE MINISTRY SHOULD BE SCRAPPED.

Poverty alleviation to which "vulnerable"Nigerians?.

The ministry of Women affairs, though unneccessary, can handle all forms of poverty alleviation for vulnerable Nigerians.

SCRAP THAT MINISTRY NOW!.
Although it is not about the ministry

This bad habits widespread throughout the entire MDAs from bottom to top

To add fuel to fire 🔥 up complicate the problem all public and civil servants at the moment are grossly poorly renumerated. Most civil servants certain grade level (master degree) spend 80% of salary on just food & house hold consumables alone. This is to tell you how poor it is.

Imagine min wage is less than $23.
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Odidigboigbo(m): 1:00pm On Jan 06
garfield1:

How is okowa
He is doing great
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Ayosman1: 1:06pm On Jan 06
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Honest truth...but your last part is very deep with a lot of meanings
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by flokii: 1:10pm On Jan 06
When was the Betta Edu appointed that she is already making headlines for theft?..

Politicians have turned Nigeria to cash cow they feel they can milk anyhow they like.. When one thief leaves, another one comes on board.

That is the sad state we find ourselves today.
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by IbeOkehie: 1:36pm On Jan 06
Leonel55:
There is no hope. Nigeria is done: sold and disposed off. This is no longer a country but a contraption designed for thieves and fraudsters to siphon money and create ridiculous wealth for themselves and their families. Wealth that they never worked for and could never attain on the basis of their own skills.

They indebt the so called "country" by borrowing money with reckless abandon and then turn around to redirect the borrowed money into their personal accounts with impunity.

And it's all getting worse by the day. With every new government, the cost of living multiplies. The current administration broke every record in terms of raising the cost of living, tripling it overnight from where the previous administration raised it to, with bogus and empty policies, and there's no sign whatsoever that they have an idea of what they are doing or the capacity to bring anything good.

It's one thing to have good intentions, it's another thing to actually have the capacity and integrity to deliver.

The level of insensitivity they have towards the common masses is unbelievable. You see the President rolling into Lagos, with all the crazy traffic congestion that's facing it, with an entourage of close to 30 vehicles, if not more. What in the world is the explanation for that?

They're allocating tens of billions for renovating VP's residence, hundreds of billions for vehicles for National Assembly members, and list goes on.

How can there be hope in the midst of all this callouses and wickedness?

And they question the Japa trend.

As far as I am concerned, we don't have a country. We're simply a large collection of people held hostage by a small group of thieves and fraudsters who are collecting ransom on our heads.

May God have mercy on us!

But the APC was re-elected after 8 years of governance. Which surely means one thing - Nigerians like their policies. And please don't mention Jakpa again before they come for your head.

If the elections are done again today, the outcome will be exactly the same. Such is life.

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by athaboi(f): 1:38pm On Jan 06
Neoteny7:

But doing olosho in Dubai is worse.....those Arabs probably poke your own shit hole
guess your Mom most have told you this, bcoz of your Mom aren't a prostitute.. I wonder where you got this knowledge
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by ejimatic: 1:55pm On Jan 06
Thonyboy:

https://.ng/2024/01/06/why-i-approved-payment-of-n585m-into-private-account-tinubus-minister-betta-edu/
Nigerians are the enemies of Nigeria.Just imagine the images of thieves in Nigeria!
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by frog12: 2:05pm On Jan 06
did she even really perform in cross rivers
either she is dull to have done this or she is too greedy!

time for her to go!
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by waveman2: 2:08pm On Jan 06
It is this ministry they use to keep their structure for future elections.How do you think APC keeps winning elections even when there is hunger?

crossfm:
Hehehe.

This humanitarian ministry seems like the most corrupt ministry created by APC.

Their looting is alarming.

They are trying to prove to Nigerians that beautiful women are good in looting grin cheesy.
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by frog12: 2:10pm On Jan 06
they break the money into smaller millions to prevent detection. the woman should go!
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by garfield1: 2:37pm On Jan 06
Odidigboigbo:
He is doing great

What next for him politically? He for go back senate.i heard ibori is back with sheriff
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by NGArmyTerrorist: 2:49pm On Jan 06
Preenxess:
Very soon the masses will revolt and these beautiful vultures will attempt running for their lives but it'll be too late then.
Endsars and the recent women protest in bokkoss is a warning sign.

Keep taking the masses for a ride.
You meant the toothless social media bull dogs grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

New Year Celebration By Nigerian Christians Unjust To Muslims --MURIC / Top 5 Most Expensive Schools In Portharcourt / Lagos At 50: Ambode Gives Soyinka Appointment (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.