Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account (40121 Views)

FG Pays ₦‎585 Million Fines, Begins Nationwide Prisoners' Release / Why I Approved Redesign Of Naira Notes - President Buhari / MMIA Airport Scandal: UK Returnees Refuse To Pay FG's Money Into Private Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Ikaeniyan0: 9:24am On Jan 06
MILLERMannn:

Just imagine how this woman disgrace the South South again. In just two months. Haha, what is wrong with the southerners sef? I left Warri because of their atrocities. My colleagues here in Ibadan used to called the southerners thieves. Is it not glaring? In just two months. No one should quote me. I am from the South South.
Is the minister of humanitarian affair under Buhari from the south south? Almost every Nigerian politician and lots of Nigerians are corrupt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:25am On Jan 06
Ikaeniyan0:
Even if Edu ask the accountant general to pay money into a private account, the accountant general should have tell her such a thing is not possible. I think the two of them needs to go.

There's no sane explanation the minister or the attorney general can give for willingly breaking Nigerian laws.
Betta Edu shld go?
Under dis emilokan corruption-infested regime?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by onyxo76(m): 9:26am On Jan 06
Welrez:
A pattern seems to have been established: Steal as much as you can, be prosecuted, forfeit a tiny part of the loot, and go home with the chunk of it. See how this one will develop one phantom sickness the moment she is sacked and EFCC invites her for questioning.
the exact thing you said will happen.
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Ikaeniyan0: 9:26am On Jan 06
MichaelSokoto:

Betta Edu shld go?
Under dis emilokan corruption-infested regime?

My comment is for sensible people, not for irresponsible people who just love to wail because they hate the president.

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Forumobserver12(m): 9:28am On Jan 06
crossfm:
Hehehe.

This humanitarian ministry seems like the most corrupt ministry created by APC.

Their looting is alarming.

They are trying to prove to Nigerians that beautiful women are good in looting grin cheesy.

Why won't it be the most corrupt ministry? Check the structure in which they operate and tell me why people won't deep their hands into public funds..

That ministry is the only Legacy APC banqueted on Nigerians and it has been a total disaster,..

The ministry was created for the sole purpose of stealing our common wealth...
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:28am On Jan 06
Ikaeniyan0:
My comment is for sensible people, not for irresponsible people who just love to wail because they hate the president.
God bless ur stupidity!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by eneyoduke(m): 9:29am On Jan 06
Not even up to a year, see cash out Nigeria is gonegrin cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Ikaeniyan0: 9:30am On Jan 06
MichaelSokoto:

God bless ur stupidity!
I no get time for a nuisance like you.

No dey disturb my mentions with your useless wailings.

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by JJCLOVE: 9:32am On Jan 06
Preenxess:
Very soon the masses will revolt and these beautiful vultures will attempt running for their lives but it'll be too late then.
Endsars and the recent women protest in bokkoss is a warning sign.

Keep taking the masses for a ride.

Anointing de ya head dear. We'll soon get there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Forumobserver12(m): 9:35am On Jan 06
madridguy:
This is the reason you see them throwing parties upon parties, going to different religious places for thanksgiving when they're appointed in any office.

Bunch of rogues.

Of course what else would have made them organize a thanksgiving if indeed they are their to work for the masses?

The earlier Nigerians unit and fight these thieves the better for us..

The unfortunate thing is that they will continue taking us for a ride knowing that they have supporters who are ready to defend their actions and inactions...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:36am On Jan 06
Ikaeniyan0:
I no get time for a nuisance like you.

No dey disturb my mentions with your useless wailings.
I can never wail... u knw why?

I no use my hand vote 4 suffer
So tell me why I shld complain?

It's really biting deep into ur brain making u a very bitter soul dat ur emilokan saviour is screwing u 4rm behind while u are on all 4s!

tongue

Do have a more hateful week ahead!
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Omookunnimi(m): 9:41am On Jan 06
How will country make any progress with all this corrupt tendency. This woman is a youth for Christ sake. Can't she albe an example and represent the youths well in a transparent manner.

Please is there no limits a minister, DG, director can sign or approve. I think the president should give directive or executive order to the maximum amount of money any minister or personnel of government can sign for. Because it beat my imagination that we keep on hearing billion upon billion of money withdraw or approve by these individuals into personal or private individuals account.

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Indispensable85(m): 9:51am On Jan 06
I pity the poor masses of Nigeria. Democracy will not work in Nigeria. We need a bloody revolution that will eliminate this current political class. That's the only way out now.

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by FutureFocus: 9:54am On Jan 06
That fund was released long ago, why is it sitting in a private account? So we can forget it there in your private account while the beneficiaries suffers? This is stealing by tricks

It’s high time government adopts international standard in disbursement of social security benefits to the vulnerables , there is no point for funds to be dancing around in private accounts , design a system the remit monetary benefits directly to the beneficiaries ,
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Focusmind: 9:56am On Jan 06
Blankstare:

Come to federal secreteriate and see how this girl carry her shoulder, you will think she's the president of Africa...

Looking at her alone, you will know. Yet, some ignorant people will be here salivating about how beautiful women dominated this regime. The so called pretty women are mostly the least qualified to hold public office. They will loot to continue to maintain their lifestyles and "prettiness ". Sadly, especially here on nairaland, people "worship " pretty women. Some will excuse this action by Betty because she fits into their awkward narrative.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Ttipsy(f): 10:00am On Jan 06
Black African especially Nigerians shaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by MyMouth(m): 10:02am On Jan 06
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

My dear sorry to break your heart. A revolution willl never occur in Nigeria
Should I tell you a secrete about Nigeria
Nobody is angry about bad government in this country we all are pretending to be angry because it is not our tribesmen or religion person that is in government..
Don't be surprised when we call for a protest against this woman her tribes people will not participate. The end sars protest the north did not participate because it was seen as a fight against their own son Buhari. Even some major part of South west did not participate because it was seen as a disruption to the quest and ambition of tinubu's 2023 candidacy
We were all aware that Tinubu's administration is gonna be a repetition of Buhari's tenure because Tinubu was part of it and he was the one who brought upon us Buhari's administration
Instead they allowed tribalism and religion sentiments again
Oh so the suffering of tinubu is greater than that of Jonathan subsidy removal but yet the voices that led a protest and shut down Jonathan subsidy removal suddenly lost their voice.
Should I tell you another secret.
It will be difficult for the nation to unite against any president from the three major tribe due to tribalism

Light up my weed with anger while I stake some football games this morning
You don talk am finish!
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Lifeinlight: 10:02am On Jan 06
Ikaeniyan0:
You still believe in this your emilokan hardship corrupt government? Dey play
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by flexyrule(m): 10:03am On Jan 06
Lifeinlight:
This is the reason why those Npower beneficiaries should enter the street right away and demand for their outstanding stipend to be paid once with immediate effect without any delay or waiting for any rubbish investigation. Those politicians do not care for any of them. They don't care if they exist. This is the right time to protest and demand for it. It's long overdue. The money has been recovered so it should be release ASAP without delay. These politicians earn in millions and even steal billions of naira if not dollars. Yet, they refused to pay those Npower beneficiaries ordinary 30k stipend for supposed graduates

I weep for my country
If you audit that Npower program very well. You'd discover that there are thousand of ghost beneficiaries. The monthly stipends are recovered backend from the beneficiaries.

I remember a scandal involving dbanj with this same Npower. That one has been swept under the carpet.
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Madeu(m): 10:04am On Jan 06
tunwumi:
It sounds crazy that an accountant of director level (means the person has served for 18 years) doesn't know payment of huge money into private, worse is personal, account is a terrible infraction.

And these same people will be quoting IFRS on petty cash! Hummm
If you know how the senior Civil service level and Political area in Nigeria, it's a dog-eat-dog terrain. The minister might be headstrong and the director decided to do her will, to put Edu in trouble.
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by chatinent: 10:04am On Jan 06
Some people will still defend them inasmuch as it's their party. I mean nairaland party members without portfolios.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Ikaeniyan0: 10:04am On Jan 06
Lifeinlight:
You still believe in this your emilokan hardship corrupt government? Dey play
The Tinubu Government is on the right path
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by FLYFIRE(m): 10:06am On Jan 06
They do this because there are no consequences for anyone caught

cool cool cool

BUT VERY VERY SOON, I MEAN VERY SOONER THAN VERY, THEY WONT FIND ANY PLACE TO HIDE....ALL OF THEM...FROM TOP TO BOTTOM

cool cool cool

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Inspirer1: 10:08am On Jan 06
jmoore:
Fantastically corrupt.

If one minister loots 30 billion, thatt means all ministers, heads of agencies, etc will be looting trillions.

The devil must be a Nigerian.

These idiots will tell us to do BVN, etc. But when they want to share money to Nigerians, they will avoid paying directly to beneficaries account because it will ruin their corruption plan.
So surprising

They'd rather prefer to share cash as that definitely can never be genuinely accounted for, just give few people that will be saying they were given but the remaining goes to where we don't know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by bitbillionaire: 10:21am On Jan 06
Public fund paid into a private account of an individual who is neither a legal beneficiary nor a legal representative of the beneficiaries of the fund.

You don't have to be a lawyer to know this is illegal. All those involved must be jailed.

That ministry of humanitarian whatever is a disaster itself and a cesspool of mind-boggling corruption. It should be scrapped. Nigerians are better off without it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Preenxess(f): 10:23am On Jan 06
ikpumbe:

This generation cannot do any meaningful protest again.
Maybe the next generation..

Dey there dey whine yourself.
Nigerians are now at the edge na just small thing remain e go cast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by DaddyJapan(m): 10:23am On Jan 06
Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation - the gift that keeps on giving cool

"Praise the Lord, Praise the lord! My name is Dr. Betta Edu, I came to thank God last year at Shiloh 2022. I prayed and told God that by the next time I come to next year Shiloh, I want to be a minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“On the last day of Shiloh, just as I was walking out I saw Papa, Bishop David Oyedepo, and I went to greet him as usual, and I whispered to him, Papa I need you to pray for me. I just have one prayer request. And he said what is it? I said I want to come back to Shiloh in 2023 as a minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, he put his hands on my head and said it is done.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/649976-oyedepo-prayed-for-me-to-become-minister-betta-edu.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Preenxess(f): 10:24am On Jan 06
pacespot:

They are confiding in the Islamic military to have their backs in events like that, reason why they are no longer accountable to the people.

When e set even the army go run leave them

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by ayo2008: 10:31am On Jan 06
Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by Preenxess(f): 10:32am On Jan 06
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Nobody is angry about bad government in this country we all are pretending to be angry because it is not our tribesmen or religion person that is in government..
Don't be surprised when we call for a protest against this woman her tribes people will not participate. The end sars protest the north did not participate because it was seen as a fight against their own son Buhari. Even some major part of South west did not participate because it was seen as a disruption to the quest and ambition of tinubu's 2023 candidacy
We were all aware that Tinubu's administration is gonna be a repetition of Buhari's tenure because Tinubu was part of it and he was the one who brought upon us Buhari's administration
Oh so the suffering of tinubu is greater than that of Jonathan subsidy removal but yet the voices that led a protest and shut down Jonathan subsidy removal suddenly lost their voice.
It will be difficult for the nation to unite against any president from the three major tribe due to tribalism

You are right to some extent. The reason why there is no meaningful protest yet is because the protesters are the ones in power now.

Concerning tribe, the north which appears to be our major problem due to tribalism, is gradually coming to light. An average Hausa man is serious angry with their leaders.
My dear this nonsense they're doing can not last up to ten years again. I tell you for fact if our leaders don't retrace their steps believe it or not endsars na joke. Remember no one see endsars coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account by reddingtonblack: 10:43am On Jan 06
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

i am glad you stared up the Jonathan subsidy saga, i think that gibberish talk its like a dead horse over flogged

Its not a secret that the protest subsidy removal under GEJ and endsars under Buhari were ignited by SW and highly dominated by SW,
If Tinubu is doing so bad and making life unbearable what stops SE or N igniting an emancipation afterall 2011 SW didnt wait or beg anyone for support before we kicked off, same during Endsars

Since i was born over 3 decades, i have not read or seen SE or N lead any emancipation about national interest, if they don't try how can they conclude yorubas won't support

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 5 Most Expensive Schools In Portharcourt / Joe Igbokwe Others Make Sanwo-olu's Carbinet List / Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.