Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland (58095 Views)

Fulanis Have Declared War Against Indigenous Nigerians - Rt. Gen. TY Danjuma / Aiye Cult Declares National War Against Eiye Cult In Lagos And Ogun State!!! / War Against Satanic Manipulation! Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Goalnaldo(m): 1:20pm On Jan 07
So no more NCAN? cry grin

1 Like

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by jimcaddy(m): 1:20pm On Jan 07
It's good because some people are just too quick to mention tribe in anything that happens. Which for me makes no sense. They should be banned

2 Likes

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Morphinne: 1:20pm On Jan 07
Why should I be angry because someone calls me a Yoruba man? grin What’s shameful about identifying with your tribe?
Can someone make me understand why our blooder always get mad when we check their names? E no suppose deep like that na grin
But no more name-checking sha, new year, new personality

2 Likes

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by ajani1978(m): 1:21pm On Jan 07
Even introduce finger prints on registration so that anyone you ban will not be able to open another account

1 Like

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Originalsly: 1:21pm On Jan 07
Biglittlelois:
Well I don't see anything wrong with stating the tribe of a person who did wrong, the only issue is insulting and demeaning a whole tribe because of an individual's offence, so pls be specific.

Also, we are yet to see your stance on Anti female, insultive, degrading comments and threads, because if you notice, most male tend to term women generally for the offence of one, and as a result of that, most of us rarely comment like before, pls look into it.

Good move Seun .... but you need to monitor your moderators closely ... you need to get rid of the tribalist ones.

Why do you think the person's tribe should be mentioned? ... I guess you also see nothing wrong in stating the person's religion ... or church he belongs to . This is the mentality Seun is trying to change .... it will be sooo hard for some to look at any issue without their tribal glasses. I hope the same goes for religion.
I agree with you 100% that something needs to be done about the women bashers .... it surely is a discouragement for women commenting on the forum.

1 Like

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Sleekfingers: 1:21pm On Jan 07
😑😑😑😑Na now this one dey get sense.

After I have written about it years ago....
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 1:21pm On Jan 07
Awalokun regime cheesy
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by BouquiLake: 1:22pm On Jan 07
Let members also report any such posts... I didbt know how important nairaland is on providing information until that last saga.

It must not hapen again.

Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I hereby declare a total war against name checkers on Nairaland.

Anyone who draws attention to the tribe of a criminal on a thread about a crime will be banned. This applies regardless of whether they do it overtly or covertly. Every offender will collect a ban because this is regarded as a tribal insult.

The minimum ban period is 14 days. If you have offended multiple times, it's 30 days. If you keep offending, you may be permanently banned.

- Seun Osewa.

PS: I've just made a communication breakthrough with the moderators on this issue. I expect results.
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Gajagojo: 1:22pm On Jan 07
Biglittlelois:
Well I don't see anything wrong with stating the tribe of a person who did wrong, the only issue is insulting and demeaning a whole tribe because of an individual's offence, so pls be specific.

Also, we are yet to see your stance on Anti female, insultive, degrading comments and threads, because if you notice, most male tend to term women generally for the offence of one, and as a result of that, most of us rarely comment like before, pls look into it.

There Is absolutely nothing wrong in doing
That
We have case law in the US when they tried to suppress terms like Italian Mafia in the media.
It is a breach of Freedom of speech

I urge US residents to complain to the Federal Communications Commission
You can download a complaint from on their website

1 Like

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by bdon12: 1:22pm On Jan 07
Its not by force to be on nairaland.
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by notttty(m): 1:22pm On Jan 07
I think I will have to leave your nairaland for you if I can't have freedom to express my opinion. Name checking has nothing to do with tribal bigotry. I guess you should ban people that call out names of people that did good aswell because it automatically point to their tribes. So much you don't know about the business that earns you money.
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by MasterTeeUSA: 1:23pm On Jan 07
Some people can't argue without insults...you need to have moderators check those that periodically insult for no reason as well...we need to do better in 2024. Let's not limit this just to tribes.

Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Anyone who draws attention to the tribe of a criminal on a thread about a crime will be banned. This applies regardless of whether they do it overtly or covertly. Every offender will collect a ban because this is regarded as a tribal insult.

The minimum ban period is 14 days. If you have offended multiple times, it's 30 days. If you keep offending, you may be permanently banned.

- Seun Osewa.

PS: I've just made a communication breakthrough with the moderators on this issue. I expect results.

1 Like

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by francotunsco: 1:24pm On Jan 07
Nice move! But please note that we co-developed this forum together, you only happen to be at the helms, dont drive us away. We own Nairaland together.
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by nstore: 1:25pm On Jan 07
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by LoveJesus87(m): 1:25pm On Jan 07
Biglittlelois:

good point

1 Like

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Teejay13(m): 1:26pm On Jan 07
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

- Seun Osewa.

Yes is high time we stop this issue of tribalism and face the real problem facing us.i support the idea of ban on anyone who engages in such act

1 Like

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by stagger: 1:27pm On Jan 07
Biglittlelois:

What does a tribe of a person have to do with a person's actions? Did you not do social studies in school? Did you not study the agents of socialization as part of your social studies?

Where did tribe come into the picture after the primary agents (family) and secondary agents (schools, religious houses, mass media), or the tertiary agents of socialization (prisons, drug/alcohol/gambling counselling groups)?

2 Likes

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by DabuIIIT: 1:27pm On Jan 07
This particular set of people seem like only tribal bashing and ethnicity can bail them out of their hopeless and frustrated situations.. I mean,after the nairaland recent glitch,y'all needed to see how they rushed into the forum like hungry pa KS so eager to vomit their tribalism! Some even went to the extent of bringing back old news just to bash this,bash that!
God bless Seun. God bless nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by tunde1200(m): 1:28pm On Jan 07
Them no go hear a word that stupid tribalist.
The hate in their heart towards another tribe no go gree them.
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Easylife1234: 1:28pm On Jan 07
That good πŸ‘
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by DabuIIIT: 1:28pm On Jan 07
ikeno:
Those tribal bigot with 100 accounts will still continue it,but nice development.
And they will continue to get banned

2 Likes

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Youngsage: 1:29pm On Jan 07
Seun:
I have banned many people for saying Na dem. 14 day bans.

Ok. Now respond to the comments about the state of the religious section and the inscription you installed only in the Islam section, before comments can be posted, I dare you.
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by DenreleDave(m): 1:29pm On Jan 07
grin grin grin grin grin
ednut1:
Only Solution is to remove names from the article πŸ˜†
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by MrBroke(m): 1:29pm On Jan 07
All tribalist are dumb
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by DabuIIIT: 1:30pm On Jan 07
Pepperdemisback:
What of head checkers and region checkers?
Our brothers down there dey feel the heat they give.
Any human being that does anyhow will see anyhow,chikenan,gaskiya
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Banter1(m): 1:30pm On Jan 07
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

- Seun Osewa.

please not just name checkers alone. There's this guy in Npower forum named himself pastor fire, he has been insulting and coursing out people for long and you did nothing to ban him not even when we tagged you. Do the right thing seun
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by DenreleDave(m): 1:30pm On Jan 07
Seun:
I have banned many people for saying Na dem. 14 day bans.

Sorry seun

But how does the bolded translate to an insult??
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by chubinwa(m): 1:30pm On Jan 07
The battle line have been dron.. drorn.. drawn
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by UptownVibes(m): 1:30pm On Jan 07
Maybe you should also consider removing the affidavit signing before commenting on topics relating to Islam. You should be neutral not considering you being a Christian or muslim.Because you have also been part of this whole thing,even though its your forum..

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos / "Why I Slit My Boyfriend's Neck" – Mother Of 2 Confesses (Disturbing Photos) / Lt Col AH ALI: Pictures Of One Of The Soldiers Before The Ambush In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.