Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) (18467 Views)

I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice / Does Your Hand Sanitizer Have NAFDAC NUMBER / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by maureensylvia(f): 2:09pm On Jan 08
The first time that I went to NAFDAC Headquarters here in Kano to ask for the requirements for product registration of my product, they welcomed me with a long list.

I had to go through the list of documentation required of me.

I was like, 'Maureen, are you ready for this' But I kept reading and at the end of the day, I told them I would get back to them.

I went away to process everything I heard.

I went back to NAFDAC the next day. They said, 'Oh, Indiana, you're back!'

And I asked, 'Why are they calling me Indiana?' They said it was because of my height lol.

When I asked them how long the process would take, they said three months.

But they told me that if there were any delays due to the election, it might take longer. And that's exactly what happened.
I started my application February 2023.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by maureensylvia(f): 2:12pm On Jan 08
After two weeks, I had gathered all the required documents. My application letter was ready

I made the necessary payments.
Working on my standard operating procedures was really stressful. It would have been easier to just hire someone to do it for me, but I wanted to do it myself so that I could learn more about the process.

I learnt a lot through the process, and I'm glad I did it. I feel like I can take on other challenges now that I've gone through this one.

The NAFDAC team created a profile for me after I submitted my documents so that I could check the status of my application online.

The profile is a helpful tool that allows me to track the progress of my registration process.

Below was the documents required

Company Registration Documents(CAC)

Application letter directed to the Director General with company letterhead

TIN

Product Label

Fumigation Certificate

Production manager’s school certificate & Medicals (stool test, Urinary test, Hepatitis B test)

Batch Formulation

Vetting Sample and three labels of my products

Copy of Receipt of Payment for production registration

SOPs for production

SOPs for distribution

SOP for Recall

SOP for Quality assurance

SOP Cleaning of equipment, receiving of packaging materials, Personal Hygiene

SOP is called standard operating procedure

List of raw material for my production and their source(Address)
The materials must be food grade, stainless steel

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by maureensylvia(f): 2:15pm On Jan 08
The next step in the process was for the NAFDAC team to schedule an inspection of my facility. I had to wait for them to get back to me, and then I checked my dashboard and saw that it was time for the inspection.

They were supposed to come to my facility and inspect the area where I would be processing and packaging my products.

One morning, I received a call from one of the NAFDAC officials. They informed me that it was time for the inspection of my facility. They asked me to select a preferred date for the inspection, which I did.

On the day of the inspection, I was feeling nervous, but also excited. It was my first time going through this process, and I wanted to make sure everything went smoothly.

I got my quality control team involved, as well as my production manager.

On the day of the inspection, I and my production manager went to pick up the NAFDAC officials at their headquarters. Once we arrived, we introduced ourselves and met the two officials who would be inspecting our facility.

We then drove them to our facility, where they would be conducting the inspection. When we arrived, the officials were eager to begin the inspection process. They were looking around the facility to ensure it was up to standard.

Pics: Inspection Day

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by maureensylvia(f): 2:19pm On Jan 08
Although I wasn't afraid, I was nervous about the inspection. The officials were focused and thorough in their inspection.

All questions were directed to my production manager, lol! I was thinking they’ll ask me questions😀😀😀

As the questions continued, I began to worry that my production manager might not answer them correctly. I had faith in their knowledge and experience, but I couldn't help but feel anxious.

I wanted the inspection to go smoothly and didn't want anything to go wrong. Thankfully, my production manager handled the questions with confidence and expertise.
He answered each question thoroughly and professionally, putting my mind at ease.
By the end of the inspection, I was impressed by his performance and proud of how he represented our company.

After the inspection, I offered them kola which they politely declined.
We dropped them off at the NAFDAC headquarters and I went back to work. Two weeks later, I checked my dashboard and saw that they had approved my inspection!
I was so relieved and happy to see i have smashed that!

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by maureensylvia(f): 2:23pm On Jan 08
Laboratory Test:
The next step was lab test. I was really nervous about the laboratory test, because if I failed, I would have to start the whole process over again and lose money.

I brought in samples, they emphasized on zero chemicals and made sure my label was perfect.
I was determined to do everything right so I wouldn't have to start over.
I sent them about five samples of my product and then I had to wait for about a month to get a feedback.

During that time, I was feeling frustrated and so low. I questioned myself whether I really knew what I was doing. 🥹🥹🥹

I was so nervous, and I just wanted to hear back from them. I kept refreshing my dashboard, waiting for the lab inspection results.
Finally, I saw that the lab inspection was complete, and I had passed! I couldn't contain my joy. I was so relieved to have reached this milestone. I felt like I had conquered a huge obstacle. Now I was 80% done with the registration process.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by maureensylvia(f): 2:29pm On Jan 08
I’m sure the NAFDAC officials will be like this lady sabi worry because of my frequent calls and questions.

They joked that I put a lot of pressure on them, but they appreciated my determination and desire to get everything done quickly. I really wanted to get my application approved as soon as possible.

The NAFDAC approval process involved three separate meetings. And at the third meeting, I was officially cleared and issued a NAFDAC NUMBER to move forward with my business.

I was ecstatic when I saw that I had finally received my NAFDAC number after a five-month process.

I felt like I had reached a significant milestone in my business journey, and I was eager to take the next steps. It was a huge relief to know that I had successfully completed the registration process. It was a moment I will never forget!

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by maureensylvia(f): 2:34pm On Jan 08
There are a few key details to keep in mind when applying for a NAFDAC License

First, it's important to have professional-looking packaging and labels.

Second, it's essential to respond to emails from NAFDAC in a timely manner…if you miss their mails thrice, you’ll start afresh.

Third, your application will be rejected if you don't include a list of ingredients, wrong English, no batch number or if the lab analysis is not up to standard.

These are important factors to keep in mind throughout the registration process.

My experience with the NAFDAC registration process was lengthy and involved a lot of paperwork, but I was ultimately able to obtain my NAFDAC number by ensuring my application was complete and accurate.

It was an exciting moment when I saw that my number had been approved

I hope this article will guide someone intending to apply out there!

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by fidelmarshal199: 2:37pm On Jan 08
Please, What's the importance of the production Manager Medical test?

I've read the whole page twice and I noticed you didn't mention your products in any of the posts.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by maureensylvia(f): 3:02pm On Jan 08
fidelmarshal199:
Please, What's the importance of the production Manager Medical test?

I've read the whole page twice and I noticed you didn't mention your products in any of the posts.

I think it’s to ensure they are fit and healthy enough to handle products that’s meant for human consumption.

Oh it’s true lol
It’s processed beans

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by talk2hb1(m): 5:07pm On Jan 08
maureensylvia:

The first time that I went to NAFDAC Headquarters here in Kano to ask for the requirements for product registration of my product, they welcomed me with a long list.
….
But they told me that if there were any delays due to the election, it might take longer. And that's exactly what happened.
I started my application February 2023.
Congratulations!
Please What is SOP?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by Vifx: 5:19pm On Jan 08
Lol
Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by Risingblue008(m): 5:20pm On Jan 08
Djd
Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by gbaskiboy: 5:20pm On Jan 08
Congratulations dear, another milestone achieved in your business. The sky is just your starting point

6 Likes

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by Salubata(m): 5:20pm On Jan 08
Okay
Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by adesegun121(m): 5:21pm On Jan 08
Noted
Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by YoungLionken(m): 5:23pm On Jan 08
Congratulations and thank you for sharing this important message; the process cool..

In addition, there's a lot of money here in Nigeria but so many people don't see it, why??

1) The pressure from the mass exodus of Nigerians leaving the country, which is affecting our psychology in this regard..

2) The many negative news/many complains here and there (which is usually exaggerated)...

13 Likes

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by Omoluabi16(m): 5:24pm On Jan 08
Nice thread! I enjoyed the o.p's vivid description of the whole process. Goodluck to her!👏

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by pointblankeirie: 5:24pm On Jan 08
angry
Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by UrPapa: 5:24pm On Jan 08
Why you go offer person Kola
grin

8 Likes

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by pointblankeirie: 5:25pm On Jan 08
😏
Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by Greenback: 5:25pm On Jan 08
maureensylvia:

I think it’s to ensure they are fit and healthy enough to handle products that’s meant for human consumption.

Oh it’s true lol
It’s processed beans
Hajia please what do you mean by processed beans,are you talking about packaged beans or beans flour?
Modified: ok I see it now.
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by Iamnotfearyou: 5:26pm On Jan 08
It would have taken just a day if you had roja,

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by DONFRANSKID(m): 5:27pm On Jan 08
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by pembisco(m): 5:27pm On Jan 08
You are very beautiful

10 Likes

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by fineboynl(m): 5:27pm On Jan 08
Your product is Picked beans. Hand picked selected beans

You don’t sound like hausa girl

1 Like

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by Greenback: 5:28pm On Jan 08
Raskimonojendor please come here and learn something useful.

1 Like

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by id4sho(m): 5:28pm On Jan 08
Sannu da kokari grin

1 Like

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by gbaskiboy: 5:28pm On Jan 08
Congratulations dear, another milestone achieved in your business. The sky is just your starting point

2 Likes

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by samsegs(m): 5:29pm On Jan 08
All these wahala for processed and packaged beans??

5 Likes

Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by Kaido: 5:29pm On Jan 08
Congratulations!
Re: How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) by Sonfethopia: 5:30pm On Jan 08
First of all you're a fine girl. Can I get ur number,lol

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How You Can Start A Profitable Yam Frying Business With 20k / Filling Station Sealed Over Non-compliance Of New Petrol Price / How To Create Jamb Cbt Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.