Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married (6509 Views)

I Never Knew Women Loves Big Gbola / Help! I Am In A Relationship With A Big Manipulative Woman / How Do I Save My Friend From The Claws Of A Manipulative Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by kcowen(m): 9:30pm On Jan 09
jogsman01:
That's the trophy you won. Enjoy your honourable wife grin
I will drink to that 😂😂😂😂
Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by fortunez1(m): 9:33pm On Jan 09
Nicepoker:
No matter how melodious a woman's tune is. I can never dance to it. First, always be the trouble maker in the house she will chill. The moment you give her that trouble making position. You are finished.
i'm troubled alot by her(wife)
truly wen there's less cash due to unforeseen circumstances a man will experience hell from his wife. My tale

1 Like

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by tochez24(m): 9:35pm On Jan 09
Lalami3232:
That's your cup of coffee sur!!!
I'm only here to preach the good news to the men.
Oga if you know say you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted

Baby know wetin she runz with married men🤣🤣🤣🤣

Na why she no won make another baby run her husband too⚠️

Oga op abeg carry your cross!!!!

For me, a virgin or nothing🙄

3 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by kcowen(m): 9:37pm On Jan 09
funkmrflexx:
I always heard that women were manipulative but I didn’t experience it until I got married.
My wife isn’t a bad person, in fact she’s a wonderful woman but I noticed that she develops this cold attitude towards me anytime I don’t dance to her tune most time

Recently she told me I’ve changed because I refused to go and pray with her and her mom and siblings. I told them I wasn’t interested in their prayers, it was new year eve. I told her I wasn’t going to cross over with her and her siblings , she was very angry.
She claims I’m too stubborn that I don’t listen to her , even when I try to tell her something new about my business , sometimes she will try to kill the idea and want me to do it her own way , so I stopped telling her about my business.

Another instance was when I told her that as a man I needed some time alone with my friends, because anytime I go out , she’s always calling me even when I’m in meetings. I got angry about and we quarreled about the issue . I work from home so I don’t go out a lot . I only go out maybe once throughout the week to either play football , hangout with friends but she’s always calling me , so after the quarrel she became very cold towards me .

There are other instances I can’t mention here where she has tried to label me bad because I didn’t agree to what she wants.

I now see that men who women label as good men are those that listen and act on their every whim but if you are a man who doesn’t like to listen to her and try do your own thing sometimes , you’ll become a bad person.

I Think this is how women are in general
Dude you married a wonderful woman some of us married over 10 years will tell you got nothing to worry about

1 Like

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by tochez24(m): 9:51pm On Jan 09
Pecoleee345:
Welcome to the club bro.

You better be prepared for more.

She will soon weaponise not cooking and denying you sex....lol

Easy nah abi you won give m HBP now😆

Let him get to that stage first so he can zoom here asking for advice in another thread😂😂😅

He don buy market♂️
Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by CaveAdullam: 10:11pm On Jan 09
She's simply testing your boundaries unconsciously.

It's an evolutionary instinct to check if their man is capable of leading them and the entire family.

Women are emotional. They reason from a place of fear and emotions. That's the essence of those constant checkups. They need to be assured that their man is safe to keep them safe.

That's why as a man, you must be fit enough to rule yourself before trying to lead a family. Because incapable men will lead the family astray, and most times when they allow themselves to be controlled by the dictates of their woman all in the name of love and romance.

This doesn't overrule the fact that a woman doesn't have anything to offer in the marriage and her family. That's where you as a man, and a capable leader fit in as a filter to weigh and understand her point of view - if to accept or discard it.

Women and children alike hastens to be in charge and control. You see them haranguing to be drivers intending to be on the steering wheel. Give them that opportunity and they'll crash against a wall. Because they see things from a myopic and emotional state.

Your wife will respect you more when you don't give in to her whims and caprices. She may resent you outwardly, however, within her, she's receiving signals that you are not a gullible man who can be oscillated at will.
So she will try to win your heart through many trials and failed attempts.

The best you can do is to build up to become a more competent leader who can hold the family and that she can trust. Let her understand what's at stake and why she must build herself to become capable and act accordingly.

Thanks.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by PawsitiveBro(m): 10:29pm On Jan 09
Wait oo, as a man I need to take permission from my wife before I can flex with my friends? Dem never born that woman.

3 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by Wearetheugliest: 12:11am On Jan 10
[hmmm.. that one sef dey even some kind red flags go dey occur lowkey... Wey baba go dey overlook till he sup like this.

1 Like

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by LikeAking: 1:48am On Jan 10
funkmrflexx:
I always heard that women were manipulative but I didn’t experience it until I got married.
My wife isn’t a bad person, in fact she’s a wonderful woman but I noticed that she develops this cold attitude towards me anytime I don’t dance to her tune most time

Recently she told me I’ve changed because I refused to go and pray with her and her mom and siblings. I told them I wasn’t interested in their prayers, it was new year eve. I told her I wasn’t going to cross over with her and her siblings , she was very angry.
She claims I’m too stubborn that I don’t listen to her , even when I try to tell her something new about my business , sometimes she will try to kill the idea and want me to do it her own way , so I stopped telling her about my business.

Another instance was when I told her that as a man I needed some time alone with my friends, because anytime I go out , she’s always calling me even when I’m in meetings. I got angry about and we quarreled about the issue . I work from home so I don’t go out a lot . I only go out maybe once throughout the week to either play football , hangout with friends but she’s always calling me , so after the quarrel she became very cold towards me .

There are other instances I can’t mention here where she has tried to label me bad because I didn’t agree to what she wants.

I now see that men who women label as good men are those that listen and act on their every whim but if you are a man who doesn’t like to listen to her and try do your own thing sometimes , you’ll become a bad person.

U are a real man.

That’s how to handle a woman..

Never follow any woman to her church..
Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by honour7: 1:57am On Jan 10
funkmrflexx:

. .
it's see finish, even if u can work from home, get an office space that you can go to and start working from there, Leave home normal work time 7:30am and return like 5:00pm or later and watch your respect gradually get back. As a Man U should not spend more than 1 day completely at home which is Sunday when you give your wife attention. Every other day be in your office and work from there.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by psalmistkakah(m): 3:18am On Jan 10
Your wife and my wife are the same, am passing Tru d same thing, two days ago, na so I promise her divorce she reports to mum, i told my mum marriage don end...I have my life to live....I no fit again ..Last last she calm down...I was damn serious, she mellow.....

3 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by Juliearth(f): 3:41am On Jan 10
I want to assume you and your wife dated and courted before marriage. During these phases, did you take her advise? If yes, you have no case.

You cannot stop an act abruptly and expect the actee not to react. Come to think of it, if you expect your wife to take you advise and orders, why can't you take some of hers?

I feel like you do not communicate effectively with her, as such, she has become paranoid. Please fix your home. Communicate explicitly also. For instance, saying I can't do crossover prayers with your family is quite debasing and am emotional woman might pick offense.
Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by Geovanni412(m): 4:30am On Jan 10
heffem:
Oga, from experience....as long as you provide for the family/house, do your thing your way....believe me, she'd let you be after sometime...

Snr man,

Op doesn't understand that women have an incessant need for drama

She loves the man but she needs drama once in a while

The moment op decides to do everything she wants, that relationship is dead.

3 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by LooneyLester: 4:58am On Jan 10
Leave the marriage and run for your life
Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by LeeSmart: 6:25am On Jan 10
funkmrflexx:

Recently she told me I’ve changed because I refused to go and pray with her and her mom and siblings. [/b]I told them I wasn’t interested in their prayers, it was new year eve. I told her I wasn’t going to cross over with [b]her and her siblings , she was very angry.
Op that house wey u de stay, na ur inlaws get am abi na ur house? Because i no understand dis one wey all of una de stay for desame house oo.
It seems like from ur story u're newly married.
Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by heffem(m): 6:26am On Jan 10
Geovanni412:

Snr man,

Op doesn't understand that women have an incessant need for drama

She loves the man but she needs drama once in a while

The moment op decides to do everything she wants, that relationship is dead.
... You just said it! Good morning to you

1 Like

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by Iamsane: 6:34am On Jan 10
funkmrflexx:

Don't listen to her most of the time. Only sometimes! Even when she is right, ignore her suggestion even though you will use it. Don't make her feel too important. I think you doing well in this aspect. You are already aware of the manipulative nature of women and their games. Pls don't lose. May you succeed.

4 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by funkmrflexx(m): 7:17am On Jan 10
LeeSmart:

Op that house wey u de stay, na ur inlaws get am abi na ur house? Because i no understand dis one wey all of una de stay for desame house oo.
It seems like from ur story u're newly married.

No, we went to her mum’s side that night. She wanted me to go to crossover service with them and I already told her in the morning that I wasn’t going , she became angry and told me I’ve changed .

I believe it’s how it’s how I started the relationship that’s why this is happening

1 Like

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by Moneyyman: 8:32am On Jan 10
That stupid talk of "happy wife, happy life" is what brought men to this stage. Men are expected to keep their wives smiling even when it goes against their nature. Men are expected to do EVERYTHING their wives ask and suggest, but many of these women won't even move an inch when you make suggestions.

To you, my guy, I'll advise:.

1. Find time to sit her down and explain all you have mentioned here. Do it calmly and don't raise your voice at any point. You'd be surprised to know that she often does them without realizing it. Women are just wired to be manipulative but that's not an excuse.

2. Tell her that you want to see an improvement. Demand it.

3. Be patient but be firm with her. Don't rescind your decisions simply because she's cold and angry. If she acts cold, you act normal. And make sure she apologizes for each time she gives you a cold shoulder! She must apologize before you move on!

Women hate apology and shl gradually start calling herself to order just to avoid apology.

4. Next, start distancing yourself from her people. Not in a bad way, but stop relying on them for advice or prayers or whatever makes you so close to them. Instead, try to move your family close to your own side. Let your wife too start going to pray with your mother and siblings and let's see how she likes it.

5. If she ever tries to manipulate you with sex, don't ask more than three times! And ensure you keep evidence of asking her. If she withholds sex, don't eat her food but play your other roles in the family.

Women think they're master manipulators but they just haven't met a man that wants to call their bullshit. Be that guy.

N.B: If the marriage later spoil, my hand no dey ooo. na just advise I give.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by galadima77(m): 8:54am On Jan 10
Moneyyman:
That stupid talk of "happy wife, happy life" is what brought men to this stage. Men are expected to keep their wives smiling even when it goes against their nature. Men are expected to do EVERYTHING their wives ask and suggest, but many of these women won't even move an inch when you make suggestions.

To you, my guy, I'll advise:.

1. Find time to sit her down and explain all you have mentioned here. Do it calmly and don't raise your voice at any point. You'd be surprised to know that she often does them without realizing it. Women are just wired to be manipulative but that's not an excuse.

2. Tell her that you want to see an improvement. Demand it.

3. Be patient but be firm with her. Don't rescind your decisions simply because she's cold and angry. If she acts cold, you act normal. And make sure she apologizes for each time she gives you a cold shoulder! She must apologize before you move on!

Women hate apology and shl gradually start calling herself to order just to avoid apology.

4. Next, start distancing yourself from her people. Not in a bad way, but stop relying on them for advice or prayers or whatever makes you so close to them. Instead, try to move your family close to your own side. Let your wife too start going to pray with your mother and siblings and let's see how she likes it.

5. If she ever tries to manipulate you with sex, don't ask more than three times! And ensure you keep evidence of asking her. If she withholds sex, don't eat her food but play your other roles in the family.

Women think they're master manipulators but they just haven't met a man that wants to call their bullshit. Be that guy.

N.B: If the marriage later spoil, my hand no dey ooo. na just advise I give.

The marriage no go spoil... women don't respect simps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by Gboom: 9:20am On Jan 10
@OP
If you listen to the advice of unmarried ones here, you are not doing yourself any good at all. The nature of women from time immemorial is to manipulate men in the act of influencing. The ball is in your court to know how to say no to her manipulative tendencies either subtly or with boldface.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by Greystone: 11:11am On Jan 10
WantsandMore:
There are only two freedom for a married man,
Freedom of Sex & freedom to enjoy a smoke/green bottle for those who endulge other than that, a married man is nothing short of a robot.

grin
Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by jattopeter(m): 11:24am On Jan 10
You they they game ni. My brother , this your respond is makin me to laugh . How can it be possible?
Pecoleee345:
Welcome to the club bro.

You better be prepared for more.

She will soon weaponise not cooking and denying you sex....lol

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by Pecoleee345: 11:28am On Jan 10
jattopeter:
You they they game ni. My brother , this your respond is makin me to laugh . How can it be possible?

Nah wetin 90% of we married men pass through
Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by jattopeter(m): 11:39am On Jan 10
Are you a virgin?
tochez24:

Baby know wetin she runz with married men🤣🤣🤣🤣

Na why she no won make another baby run her husband too⚠️

Oga op abeg carry your cross!!!!

For me, a virgin or nothing🙄
Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by jattopeter(m): 11:40am On Jan 10
Hmmmmmmm, no be small things.
Pecoleee345:

Nah wetin 90% of we married men pass through
Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by Dizzyyish: 12:02pm On Jan 10
fortunez1:
i'm troubled alot by her(wife)
truly wen there's less cash due to unforeseen circumstances a man will experience hell from his wife. My tale

https://www.nairaland.com/7263645/wild-worrisome-ways-women#115381804
Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by md17: 12:06pm On Jan 10
Best advice for this post. Also, OP about that going to spend cross over, she's still somewhat attached to her family. You'll need to wisely let her know that both of you are now a new family unit and you decide what goes on. Hopefully she'll adjust overtime. Also, if she [b]always [/b]take advice from her parents and not fully independent yet, you've got bigger issues. But since she's a nice and good person, all she needs is knowledge - that opinions and differences make both of you unique and suitable for each other.
missjekyll:
So much terrible advice here. Sounds like your wife has yet to learn to accept differences in opinion while still letting love reign.

Talk to her about it. "I love you but we do not have to agree about everything "

Use safe words " shall we agree to disagree on this " .
Don't let these marriage endurers spoil your enjoyment marriage.

Well done
Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by Martinez39s(m): 12:08pm On Jan 10
When redpillers tell nonredpillers something about women, many think they already know about it. They don't realise that the information is hovering in their minds without a deep realisations and grasp of the information. Experience will teach you.

You case isn't that bad. As long as you are the breadwinner and you socially and financially above your wife, make your stand and stick to it. She will come around.

1 Like

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by Martinez39s(m): 12:22pm On Jan 10
psalmistkakah:
Your wife and my wife are the same, am passing Tru d same thing, two days ago, na so I promise her divorce she reports to mum, i told my mum marriage don end...I have my life to live....I no fit again ..Last last she calm down...I was damn serious, she mellow.....
Nice one. The root of her attitude is the fact that she feels comfortable that you wouldn't leave and you would succumb for peace to reign. I am sure she wasn't expecting the divorce, and she didn't even take your divorce attempt seriously. Good you stood your ground and used your leverage. Keep standing your ground, it will yield positive result.

It is good for men to have leverage and wield. Imagine if you didn't have leverage, she for no send you.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by Appletek: 12:48pm On Jan 10
Colson:
honestly, I don't see any thing wrong with what he stated about his wife. She's just an overtly cautious and protective person. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that tbh.

Just look to this one. Smh.
Re: I Never Knew Women Are So Manipulative Until I Got Married by Appletek: 12:53pm On Jan 10
Juliearth:
I want to assume you and your wife dated and courted before marriage. During these phases, did you take her advise? If yes, you have no case.

You cannot stop an act abruptly and expect the actee not to react. Come to think of it, if you expect your wife to take you advise and orders, why can't you take some of hers?

I feel like you do not communicate effectively with her, as such, she has become paranoid. Please fix your home. Communicate explicitly also. For instance, saying I can't do crossover prayers with your family is quite debasing and am emotional woman might pick offense.

Why can't she do it with his own family or what nonsense are you saying?

Is that how your own father used to go to his wife's family to do crossover prayers?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wonders Wont End! She Came Begging After Breaking Up With Me For Almost 2 Months / I Need Sex So Badly / Cute Guys, Upload Your Pictures Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.