Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,477 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening (46717 Views)

We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom / Go And Do A Paternity Test On You Children, Especially Your First Child / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Kellyboy82(m): 7:59am On Jan 12
So you mean, of the poor does not have up to 1 million , them nor go fit take care of pikin after birth
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Prettygirl200(f): 8:02am On Jan 12
Enemyofpeace:
na so love dey take start o
You and who dey do that one?
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by dandollaz: 8:13am On Jan 12
Rejouir:
if the mama can't stand to care for the baby, then she isn't ready yet to have a child. Parenting involves serious alot of sacrifice. Most people can't even afford an orthopedic bed, you want the baby to feel neck and body pain baa.
Forget God have a way to protect kids.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by gibiam(m): 8:30am On Jan 12
You guys should have first come up the list of things you need before going to the market, accompanying her too to this market since is your first child will be a good idea. By so doing you will see to working within your budget, because women get carried away when shopping for their first baby as they won't mind buying the whole world for the child if not placed on check. So create the time to be part of this wonderful experience and if you can't then your money will do it for you period. Note your wife is just being a woman and a lot of women are like that when shopping for their first child birth, my own wife did similar thing when we were expecting our first child in 2016, her first shopping cost me 300k with very little to show for it, man had to borrow sense and joined in the subsequent shopping and at end of the day 600k was spent in total, believe me some of the things we got were not even used on this child at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Taiwo20(m): 8:34am On Jan 12
Rejouir:
100k! As at when oga? What location?

Not up to that especially if it’s not CS.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by gibiam(m): 8:37am On Jan 12
You guys should have first come up the list of things you need before going to the market, accompanying her too to this market since is your first child will be a good idea. By so doing you will see to working within your budget, because women get carried away when shopping for their first baby as they won't mind buying the whole world for the child if not placed on check. So create the time to be part of this wonderful experience and if you can't then your money will do it for you period. Note your wife is just being a woman and a lot of women are like that when shopping for their first child birth, my own wife did similar thing when we were expecting our first child in 2016, her first shopping cost me 300k with very little to show for it, man had to borrow sense and joined in the subsequent shopping and at end of the day 600k was spent in total, believe me some of the things we got were not even used on this child at all.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Esthered: 9:16am On Jan 12
LegitDeals247:

Link to d pregnancy thread pls
https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/6933
This is the page where someone reposted newborn essentials
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by lovediehatelive(m): 9:17am On Jan 12
Esthered:

I think it's your first hence the spending.
Why invest in a baby bed that the baby may not sleep in?
I'm comfortable stretching to reach my baby whom I share the bed with while husband puts up in another room.
Standing up can be so painful as it seems that my uterus and below wants to fall off let alone engorgement of my boobs due to excess bwest milk production. When baby wakes up, I reach out to her without leaving the bed to attend to her and I delivered with no tear but the recovery pain no be here.
The breast pump of 50k, was it the best bargain for electric pump? I got for 35k or is it the brand?
Dear OP, please go to pregnancy thread and look up for a comprehensive list and go to the market yourself.
My husband assisted me to shop this time although mine is no 2.

Please how long did it take you to Overcome those pains after giving birth
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by kelmicheal: 9:19am On Jan 12
They are good women out there even with that your 400k they can buy the ubuyables without depending for more.
Your wife is not the first to give birth neither will she be the last
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Esthered: 9:20am On Jan 12
Rejouir:
if the mama can't stand to care for the baby, then she isn't ready yet to have a child. Parenting involves serious alot of sacrifice. Most people can't even afford an orthopedic bed, you want the baby to feel neck and body pain baa.
Please don't say so. I'm a second time mum. I don't stand all the time to care for my newborn. I do experience severe pain in my uterus to below when I want to turn to my sides on the bed let alone trying to sit up and then stand.
The sacrifice of not sleeping when baby cries to nurse whether standing, sitting.... is worthy of recommendation.
As regards comfort in the bed, I use orthopedic bed. But parents can use blanket.....to make baby comfortable on their bed if the mattress is no longer in good shape.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Esthered: 9:26am On Jan 12
lovediehatelive:

Please how long did it take you to Overcome those pains after giving birth
In my first, it took about 2 months because I was stitched.
I still experience discomfort currently but I read it'll linger since it's not my first.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by conscienceman4(m): 9:56am On Jan 12
Guy, I DEY DRAW MY EAR FOR YOU.
YOU KNOW WHAT IS ÑEEDED.
MAKE A LIST, TICK THE ONES THAT HAS BEEN BOUGHT.
GO AND BUY THE REST YOURSELF.
YOU CAN GET PART OF THE LIST FROM THE MATERNITY OR CLINIC.

DON'T BE UNWISE.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Rejouir: 10:36am On Jan 12
Esthered:

Please don't say so. I'm a second time mum. I don't stand all the time to care for my newborn. I do experience severe pain in my uterus to below when I want to turn to my sides on the bed let alone trying to sit up and then stand.
The sacrifice of not sleeping when baby cries to nurse whether standing, sitting.... is worthy of recommendation.
As regards comfort in the bed, I use orthopedic bed. But parents can use blanket.....to make baby comfortable on their bed if the mattress is no longer in good shape.
sorry About the pain, you women are trying o! Especially when it comes to child delivery.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Esthered: 10:50am On Jan 12
Rejouir:
sorry About the pain, you women are trying o! Especially when it comes to child delivery.
Thank you so much for acknowledging.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by fxexperts: 11:07am On Jan 12
Gadafii:
400k is a lot to buy done reasonable mother and baby stuff mumu

Op complain her wife is yet to buy tangible items the baby and mother will need after birth…nobody talked about training the child to adulthood

I bet if you have 40k in your available but you are already broke shamming someone q
Baba i can never be as broke as you. and i am not broke shaming Op but the truth is op needs to learn that thing are very expensive in the market now. a baby jean now just one cost about 15k now. do you know how much children close cost ion the market now. you guys are just broke instead of you and the op to sit their wife down and talk he is here bragging like 400k is a big money. baba 400k will not be enough unless op want his wife to be using napkin for his baby, then he can cut down cost.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by hoyze24: 11:09am On Jan 12
400k should be enough to buy basic things needed for her delivery and some for the child. I spent 250k to buy similar stuff for my first child a year ago, I know prices have increased but that amount should buy reasonable stuff. You probably need to ask her to give account of what she bought.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by hoyze24: 11:15am On Jan 12
fxexperts:
Baba i can never be as broke as you. and i am not broke shaming Op but the truth is op needs to learn that thing are very expensive in the market now. a baby jean now just one cost about 15k now. do you know how much children close cost ion the market now. you guys are just broke instead of you and the op to sit their wife down and talk he is here bragging like 400k is a big money. baba 400k will not be enough unless op want his wife to be using napkin for his baby, then he can cut down cost.

400k will buy basic stuff needed for the baby and mum's delivery items.
I think the husband should have an idea of the list of items requested at the hospital as well as baby basic needs and clothings within the first month or two. I did mine with less than 300k about a year ago. Definitely didn't buy everything but that was enough to set up a whole room of items.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by rezzy: 11:30am On Jan 12
larryUG:
Baba, I spent close to a million for my baby stuff.
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things . It seems a lot of people have not taken into account the effect of the naira losing value in the economy
I gave my wife 350K initially but she bought wasnt substantial.
She added her money and i gave her additional.
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba

Baby things are expensive, no doubt

If the money is there, no problems,
People that don't have money, spend less than 150k.

There are cheap baby clothes to buy
Normal net bed for baby 4k in 2021 patapata 10k now
Baby cabinet, last time I bought was 17k in 2022. Patapata 30k now
Baby bath 7k in 2021 Patapata 20k

She knows her husband finance, that's why she is demanding for more money

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by fakati(m): 11:50am On Jan 12
What is your mother doing in your house at this time perhaps to monitor your finances etc 400k are kidding me
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Gbengageorge: 12:19pm On Jan 12
All this nonsense happening in lagos is just rubbish. Does that mean dey no dey born outside lagos.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by lovediehatelive(m): 12:33pm On Jan 12
Esthered:

In my first, it took about 2 months because I was stitched.
I still experience discomfort currently but I read it'll linger since it's not my first.

Thanks for your swift response.

Please don't be offended o.

For you personally, after giving birth, how long did it take to start performing bedroom activities with your husband.

And how long do you feel is ideal generally for women after giving birth to start performing bedroom activities.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Opus85(m): 1:06pm On Jan 12
fxexperts:

You are a gunny person. Talking as if we too are not buying from same nigerian market. How much are they sellijg baby jean at PEP store?
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Opus85(m): 1:08pm On Jan 12
rezzy:

Baby things are expensive, no doubt

If the money is there, no problems,
People that don't have money, spend less than 150k.

There are cheap baby clothes to buy
Normal net bed for baby 4k in 2021 patapata 10k now
Baby cabinet, last time I bought was 17k in 2022. Patapata 30k now
Baby bath 7k in 2021 Patapata 20k

She knows her husband finance, that's why she is demanding for more money

Net bed is still around 5k-6k

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Esthered: 2:18pm On Jan 12
lovediehatelive:

Thanks for your swift response.

Please don't be offended o.

For you personally, after giving birth, how long did it take to start performing bedroom activities with your husband.

And how long do you feel is ideal generally for women after giving birth to start performing bedroom activities.

I went to be with my mom for 3 months.
We started after I hit 3 months.
The thing is we bleed Lochia for as much as 6 weeks.
Beyond bleeding, you need to be sure that she's ready to resume copulation. Above all, she needs to be sure she has healed especially vaginal birth.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Lontorlooka(m): 2:44pm On Jan 12
You should budget about 2m for pre-birth purchases and about 300k monthly for food and necessities for the next six months.

Instead of doubting , rather Goto the market to get them yourself
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Jackipapa: 3:06pm On Jan 12
Are you sure she's pregnant. Or are you sure the pregnant is yours? Don't mind my curiosity my brother.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by jessylaurel(f): 4:40pm On Jan 12
Valoromega:
We are currently expecting our first child , she should give birth within a this month.

She has requested money for baby things and I have given her over 400k but she hasn’t both the basic things she needs. She usually go with her mom to the market to get the things but they haven’t even both the things the baby will need in the hospital.
They went and bought baby wardrobe even though we already had baby wardrobe that was given to us on our wedding , she also both baby duvet without buying bed , the clothes she bought was for a month old baby , she didn’t even buy the first wear the baby would use , so far I haven’t even seen anything tangible she has bought with 400k plus I’ve given her, she hasn’t even bought the things she needs after delivery .

I don’t know if it’s her mom that’s telling her to buy those things, the mom doesn’t even care where the money comes from , she just demands that we buy this and that .

I was thinking the money I gave her would be enough to buy the most basic things she and the baby needs , now she’s demanding more

However the baby doesn’t need a bed because they baby prefers sleeping with the mother people that bought it that I know of r regretting it. Ask your wife about baby feeders, pamper, socks, mittens, sucker, caps, clothes and baby bath if all these necessities r not there then she used the money for something else.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Enemyofpeace: 6:18pm On Jan 12
Prettygirl200:
You and who dey do that one?
me and you now. God don answer your prayers for Shiloh where you carry my photos go grin grin kiss
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Prettygirl200(f): 8:42pm On Jan 12
Enemyofpeace:
me and you now. God don answer your prayers for Shiloh where you carry my photos go grin grin kiss
mutewww u are not serious. undecided
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Enemyofpeace: 10:22pm On Jan 12
Prettygirl200:
mutewww u are not serious. undecided
come, let me prove it to you kiss kiss kiss
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Prettygirl200(f): 11:03pm On Jan 12
Enemyofpeace:
come, let me prove it to you kiss kiss kiss
I no want, no prove anything
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Enemyofpeace: 11:05pm On Jan 12
Prettygirl200:
I no want, no prove anything
ok. Come and collect the waste beads that I boughted for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car / Man Buys His Mother A Car As Valentine Gift (Photos) / Help!!!! My Husband Absconded With Our Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.