Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,674 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening (47261 Views)

We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom / Go And Do A Paternity Test On You Children, Especially Your First Child / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by badBADbichh(f): 6:21pm On Jan 11
Take your side chic and go and buy the things yourself. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Anatolia: 6:21pm On Jan 11
Before giving your wife money, you should have asked her for a list of items and cancel out unnecessary items.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Whatisurproblem(m): 6:22pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:
We are currently expecting our first child , she should give birth within a this month.

She has requested money for baby things and I have given her over 400k but she hasn’t both the basic things she needs. She usually go with her mom to the market to get the things but they haven’t even both the things the baby will need in the hospital.
They went and bought baby wardrobe even though we already had baby wardrobe that was given to us on our wedding , she also both baby duvet without buying bed , the clothes she bought was for a month old baby , she didn’t even buy the first wear the baby would use , so far I haven’t even seen anything tangible she has bought with 400k plus I’ve given her, she hasn’t even bought the things she needs after delivery .

I don’t know if it’s her mom that’s telling her to buy those things, the mom doesn’t even care where the money comes from , she just demands that we buy this and that .

I was thinking the money I gave her would be enough to buy the most basic things she and the baby needs , now she’s demanding more
that's a strong RED FLAG!!! don't ever give any other money, just pretend to be broke and see their reactions, if you see any signs of Negative reaction! Oga start looking for another wife or stay alone, they're Financial vampire 🦇, they will Ruin you. Don't start the game you no go finish.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:22pm On Jan 11
She is obviously a spendthrift
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Whatisurproblem(m): 6:24pm On Jan 11
oglalasioux:

The better lesson is to stay away from marriage. Marriage and religion will never work on planet earth no matter how we want to sentimentalise them. You can have children without getting into that fraud called marriage.
Seconded.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by IkeAbuja: 6:24pm On Jan 11
With all due respect sir what advice exactly do you want to get from us with this little family issue you brought here. I really can't phantom the kind of men we have in this our generation. Small issue you can talk with your wife but vum you're already online seeking for advice that can destroy your home. Please sir use your head if you want your marriage to last. Thank you
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by ultimateprof: 6:25pm On Jan 11
They no dey satisfy women. Any day you think you can do that, from such day your burial poster will be out soon.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Ahnii(f): 6:26pm On Jan 11
Dem full onitsha at a cheaper cost.
Seylad2009:
Quality differs. They might be imported. I bought my baby bath sets (imported ) 65k last year.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by overseasnbeyond: 6:26pm On Jan 11
Stand up to your responsibility to make decision in your home, is your baby and not your mother in law baby.

when I got married 12 years ago, my wife family wanted to dictate the kind of wedding ring to buy as a matter of fact they bought it and wanted me to pay for it. N25,000.
When my wife told me , I sent her back to them that, if they insisted, I used that ring of N25,000, am not interested in the wedding again since they wanted to dictate what to do.
She started crying and begged me to please listened to them, but I insisted NO then, it was like a week to the wedding.
I went to the roadside people and bought me N200 ring and said that was what I wanted, or the wedding be cancelled just to show am in charge of my life.
She agreed and on the wedding day, they try to play me by switching the ring before the pastor blessed it but I quietly whisper to her ear," if i see any ring different from the one I bought, am going to disgrace you in the church and walk out "
She immediately told her friend to put back my roadside ring.
Today we are blessed with 3 children, running business and travelled anywhere in the world
Lesson , you have to stand up to make decision in your home once you got married, let no person dictate what to do in your home.

Valoromega:
We are currently expecting our first child , she should give birth within a this month.

She has requested money for baby things and I have given her over 400k but she hasn’t both the basic things she needs. She usually go with her mom to the market to get the things but they haven’t even both the things the baby will need in the hospital.
They went and bought baby wardrobe even though we already had baby wardrobe that was given to us on our wedding , she also both baby duvet without buying bed , the clothes she bought was for a month old baby , she didn’t even buy the first wear the baby would use , so far I haven’t even seen anything tangible she has bought with 400k plus I’ve given her, she hasn’t even bought the things she needs after delivery .

I don’t know if it’s her mom that’s telling her to buy those things, the mom doesn’t even care where the money comes from , she just demands that we buy this and that .

I was thinking the money I gave her would be enough to buy the most basic things she and the baby needs , now she’s demanding more

4 Likes

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:26pm On Jan 11
She is obviously a spendthrift. Man you have to be a man and put your foot on the ground. Her mum is a bad influx on her
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Kavod: 6:27pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
Baba, I spent close to a million for my baby stuff.
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things . It seems a lot of people have not taken into account the effect of the naira losing value in the economy
I gave my wife 350K initially but she bought wasnt substantial.
She added her money and i gave her additional.
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba
1 million?... Its obvious you were played. Your case even worse pass the OP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Dpharisee: 6:27pm On Jan 11
If I give my wife N400k we no see space to pack the items she will bring home,
She will use N100k to buy most of the basic things for delivery.

Next time tell your wife to make a list of the items she needs and excort her to the market, when you get to the market look for a matured woman and ask her to guide your wife on things you need to buy, she will help you to get good prices and settle her thereafter with N5k, you will also realise that the N5k you are paying the woman is from savings made from her bargaining efforts.
Tactfully keep your mother inlaw out of the process

3 Likes

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Sheffieldconsul: 6:27pm On Jan 11
Nonsense!! I'm not a broke man yet I didn't even spend up to 500k to buy baby things for my boy. Stop encouraging people to be wasteful.

larryUG:
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things . It seems a lot of people have not taken into account the effect of the naira losing value in the economy
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by walex2(m): 6:27pm On Jan 11
What kind of man are you? Is it the faceless Nairaland forum that will help you solve your family problem, you are the head of the family, you work for your money, you give orders to your wife and sit her down to list what and what is needed. You give her instructions that she must follow not you coming to Nairaland to listen to baseless advice. What kind of man do we have these days for goodness sake?

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by jumpmasta(m): 6:28pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
Breast pump ke … you just want to throw money away
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by BarrElChapo(m): 6:28pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

The money hasn’t been spent. She’s probably saving some part of it.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:29pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

By the time you spent 1 million on baby things your head go correct now. Ride on man I dey ur back
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by dododawa1: 6:29pm On Jan 11
OP, No GREE for anybody this year

Either your WIFE or your in - law.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Unbreakable007: 6:30pm On Jan 11
So you can't take charge of your family as a man?
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Joy2dworldxyz: 6:31pm On Jan 11
larryUG:

So those babies that are born without any of these expensive stuffs no dey survive?
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Taiwo20(m): 6:31pm On Jan 11
Basic baby things(Bucket,feeding bottle,sponge and soap case etc, cloth) =100k
Delivery fee in a government hospital=100k
Rhogam injection if mother blood group is negative=50k
Transport, PR and etc= 50k
Budget for fuel and sundry expenses for first 2 weeks =50k

Your wife should learn to adjust

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Azazyel: 6:33pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

Bros you made a mistake. Why didn't you just go get the baby things yourself? It's either they pocketed the funds or went for very expensive stuff.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by dandollaz: 6:34pm On Jan 11
Don't waste money on Bed.finallythe baby will take ur position on bed for 1 year.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Rejouir: 6:36pm On Jan 11
This life ehn, troublesome people are plenty, a whole 400k, you haven't paid for the child delivery o!, Then sma milk and cereal the baby would take for the next 1 year. And she is already squandering 400k like this. Lord have mercy.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Fatbam005: 6:36pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
the fact that you spent 1m does not imply that others should not be wise in spending .
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by LOVEGINO(m): 6:36pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

u don enter grin
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:36pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
The BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. A breast pump (for when your baby may not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, and wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba
Maybe the thing you bought were made of gold

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Rejouir: 6:36pm On Jan 11
Taiwo20:
Basic baby things(Bucket,feeding bottle,sponge and soap case etc, cloth) =100k
Delivery fee in a government hospital=100k
Rhogam injection if mother blood group is negative=50k
Transport, PR and etc= 50k
Budget for fuel and sundry expenses for first 2 weeks =50k

Your wife should learn to adjust
100k! As at when oga? What location?
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by 007Marvel(m): 6:36pm On Jan 11
larryUG:

Na people like you dey push your fellow man put for fire!
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Rejouir: 6:37pm On Jan 11
dandollaz:
Don't waste money on Bed.finallythe baby will take ur position on bed for 1 year.
don't say this, babies bed are specially made for babies for a reason.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Onyenku3(m): 6:38pm On Jan 11
The fact that you were lavish doesn't mean it's the way for everyone to go.
You spent that much because you prolly has an abundance. Don't make it the norm m with good planning, 200k will buy everything the baby will need from birth to the first two moths. I have three lovely sons, the youngest being just three months old. we didn't spend more than 200k on each of them, excluding hospital bills. I'm not rich, neither am I the poorest around. My son's were born in reputable private hospitals. Allow people to cut their coat according to their cloth.
post=127889854]Baba, I spent close to a million for my baby stuff.
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Husband Has Gone To See His Side Chick's Mother / Muiz Adebiyi, Nigerian Who Married Old Oyinbo: She's Better Than Nigerian Ladies / Man Storms His Ex-wife’s House To Retrieve The Car He Bought Her(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.