Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,230 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening (47047 Views)

We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom / Go And Do A Paternity Test On You Children, Especially Your First Child / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by maasoap(m): 8:55pm On Jan 11
saphiere:
Wow! The economy is so friendly even 50 naira is enough
And people who don't have above 400k to spare on baby things should go and steal or borrow, Miss Sarcasm?
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by sheDD(m): 9:03pm On Jan 11
All these talks doesnt sink at all
What of those guys at the villages, single jobless mothers
Are they into this spending spree as some are truggling hard ti justify d excessess...
Even d 400k z more than enough

Pple raise and born children without churning put this much money....
Z it a must to buy baby bed, and other things una dey try justify

Women only indulge heavy spending wen its not from their pockets......

If she was a single mother, would she do all tgese spending??
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by EriMma1: 9:04pm On Jan 11
Aplaudez:

You seems to know a lot about Balogun market, I work in tradefair can we meet ?

Sorry I can't meet anyone from Nairaland. This place is too toxic and full of hateful people.

Sorry.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by davidadenrele: 9:08pm On Jan 11
Hello Oga,

You gave your wife 400K and she hasn't bought anything tangible and yet demanding for more, oga this year slogan naa no gree for anybody she is your wife no doubt but open your eyes, I don't expect you to be acting this naive in this hard economy 400K for a newly born baby stuffs and she is still asking for more, don't be stupid when government and even cooperate entities are cutting cost had it not been that you will soon be a proud dad of bouncing baby I for yab you well...well.

Take a stand no drop shishi haabah!! if she can't buy all that she needs from 400k including baby foos, feeding bottles, clothes you gave her my brother no send am and her mama they are obviously planning to use your money you gave them for their selfish, greedy reasons I wont say more that, 400K? you be man you try.

Congratulations in advance.

Valoromega:
We are currently expecting our first child , she should give birth within a this month.

She has requested money for baby things and I have given her over 400k but she hasn’t both the basic things she needs. She usually go with her mom to the market to get the things but they haven’t even both the things the baby will need in the hospital.
They went and bought baby wardrobe even though we already had baby wardrobe that was given to us on our wedding , she also both baby duvet without buying bed , the clothes she bought was for a month old baby , she didn’t even buy the first wear the baby would use , so far I haven’t even seen anything tangible she has bought with 400k plus I’ve given her, she hasn’t even bought the things she needs after delivery .

I don’t know if it’s her mom that’s telling her to buy those things, the mom doesn’t even care where the money comes from , she just demands that we buy this and that .

I was thinking the money I gave her would be enough to buy the most basic things she and the baby needs , now she’s demanding more
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by pikechukwu6(m): 9:10pm On Jan 11
How do you mean by giving your wife 400k for house rent to buy just unborn baby needs lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. No worries, I await update period
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by ViceGovernor: 9:11pm On Jan 11
Lol 😂😂
Oversense no go kee me.

Me if I was the husband I would be like, baby I want you on complete bed rest till the child is born...don't worry don't stress yourself I will take mama to the market and we will get everything.

The money sef will be in my pocket her own is to just point and I will pay....let's keep everybody honest cos i hate what I don't like 😒
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Switinthemiddle(m): 9:11pm On Jan 11
tommy589:

Poverty no do you my brother,your head dey there. When you are true to yourself you won't do more than yourself. Who go help you feed your pikin if no be you. If you get billions self dey manage yourself until you know you are solid,na your race you dey run

You no go die on saturday. 100 to all of us real hustlers out there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by advanceDNA: 9:12pm On Jan 11
Pecoleee345:

Baby wardrobe is 1million

Those of us that spent less than 200k to buy baby things are poor nah.

Celebrating total wastage and bragging about it.

Lol.....
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by ozo13(m): 9:14pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
Baba, I spent close to a million for my baby stuff.
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things . It seems a lot of people have not taken into account the effect of the naira losing value in the economy
I gave my wife 350K initially but she bought wasnt substantial.
She added her money and i gave her additional.
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by kernniejay(m): 9:17pm On Jan 11
Pecoleee345:

400k kwa. Most of them tell lies with ease and pleasure, as if no be same Nigeria we dey. Don't be surprised that the whole story by the op and the other guy that claims he spent almost 1m may be a fabrication to impress their unidentifiable and faceless audience.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by XOGBADO(m): 9:17pm On Jan 11
saphiere:
Wow! The economy is so friendly even 50 naira is enough

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by easzypeaszy(m): 9:25pm On Jan 11
Una mumu huge n he dey baffle me bc I had mine n issue lik dis didn't come up.
U shld hv list of tins to buy frst
If dey go to d market n didn't get dose tins den u can ask qstns.
No dey come here dumbie
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by LastProphet: 9:26pm On Jan 11
ObaOfYorubaLand:

Don't you know road to the market?

By the time they finish with you, you'll get sense by force.

What's her mother doing in your house by this time when she never deliver?

Leave him, is all these childish boys displaying yeye luv for their wives online and co, the lady is sure he will still pay based on mumurism, leave him let him suffer. When you over toast a lady with heaven and earth just to marry her that is what you get. How I wish I met silly inlaws like this

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by adicious(m): 9:26pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things . It seems a lot of people have not taken into account the effect of the naira losing value in the economy
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba

You guys are misleading people... Kai! 1 million for what? If you are rich, you can go for luxury but don't advise a basic earner to have the same budget as you. A good woman will use 400k judiciously and have extra for savings. Baby stuffs are not as expensive as you are projecting. Make out time to go to big markets where resellers buy from.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by fitinwell: 9:27pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:
We are currently expecting our first child , she should give birth within a this month.

She has requested money for baby things and I have given her over 400k but she hasn’t both the basic things she needs. She usually go with her mom to the market to get the things but they haven’t even both the things the baby will need in the hospital.
They went and bought baby wardrobe even though we already had baby wardrobe that was given to us on our wedding , she also both baby duvet without buying bed , the clothes she bought was for a month old baby , she didn’t even buy the first wear the baby would use , so far I haven’t even seen anything tangible she has bought with 400k plus I’ve given her, she hasn’t even bought the things she needs after delivery .

I don’t know if it’s her mom that’s telling her to buy those things, the mom doesn’t even care where the money comes from , she just demands that we buy this and that .

I was thinking the money I gave her would be enough to buy the most basic things she and the baby needs , now she’s demanding more

Baby Items ,Mother care Pack, Doctor pack , delivery bill and Naming ceremony put together not sure i spent up to ₦200,000

And everything looks very rich..

So ask your Wife... Where did you offend her?

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by fitinwell: 9:30pm On Jan 11
ViceGovernor:
Lol 😂😂
Oversense no go kee me.

Me if I was the husband I would be like, baby I want you on complete bed rest till the child is born...don't worry don't stress yourself I will take mama to the market and we will get everything.

The money sef will be in my pocket her own is to just point and I will pay....let's keep everybody honest cos i hate what I don't like 😒

He can just request for the List.. and do the shopping himself...

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by ukandi1(m): 9:31pm On Jan 11
advanceDNA:

One of the things I hate most is when my supposed partner that should be my number one supporter is the one being inconsiderate about spendings as if them dey pluck money for tree.

Baba .the money u gave her is more than enough ......But as u cannot talk on top ur own money and in ur own house ...give them another 700k......

HahahahahahahahHHH

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by justmondris: 9:34pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

100K is more than enough to buy the basic things that are needed for the baby. They have turned you to format. Hospitals usually give them a list of the basic things they need to buy and bring to the hospital. Please get the list from her or the hospital and go to the market yourself to buy them. When you get home, tell her they are gifts from a friend or your boss.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by deewhydoski(m): 9:36pm On Jan 11
bigtt76:
Oga goan buy the things yourself o ...that 400k na push money you don give am so cheesy

No be push money abeg, if you don born piking before u no go talk like this. That 400k is enough to buy everything they need. Last year November me and my wife spent #380k to buy all what we need for our baby. Na because say his wife know say her husband get money that is why she spent the money lavishly. How person go go market to shop for baby things without having a list of what she needs. Those market women will just be telling her that your baby will need this will need that.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Zahdijosh: 9:39pm On Jan 11
Bro ur azar long thats why.
Me wey 50k na long thing, manage give u like 100k for baby things and u still come complain join aah i pity u cos na rapper we go use do bed for the baby put am for our center.
Simple.. As for other things na God go provide.

But na lie u lie give us only say we jst wan cruise with the lie. Hapi new yr.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by ViceGovernor: 9:40pm On Jan 11
fitinwell:

He can just request for the List.. and do the shopping himself...
This even makes more sense 👌🏾
They're obviously playing roulette with Op.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Offpoint1: 9:40pm On Jan 11
Pecoleee345:

Total wastage my brother, most of those things he bought the baby might not even use them after 3 months or max 8 months
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by fxexperts: 9:45pm On Jan 11
honour7:
Don't make trouble. Just advice your wife when you 2 are alone. Let her understand that she has left her family which is the meaning of marriage and formed her own family, that if she wants the family that she has formed to collapse. Let her know that as a family her first priority now is you and her unborn child and vice versa. Tell her for the family to survive wastage has to be stopped and taking advice from outsiders about her marriage too....... continue in that line.

Most times is not the fault of the husband or wife they are used to their family and have this attachment already.

Lastly treat your mother in law as a plague she is a very wicked person
With most of the comment on the front page. including the ones i am quoting. it shows you should never bring your family matter to Nairaland, because there so any kids and so many broke people over here who do not know anything about running a home. a lot are still in their father's house that is why they are talking rubbish. my friend in 2017 i spent over that amount you are quoting for baby essentials and i did not even buy baby bed. talk more of now when thing are over 3 times their normal value. if you want to buy essentials for first time baby with the current value of the naira you should be looking at over 1 million naira. naira is currently a worthless currency. if you are doubting your wife, why don't you go to the market yourself. For your info Nan 1 that use to be like 2K in 2019 is now 6K in 2024. SMA Gold baby food that use to be just 3k is now about 9K. so you know.

Gadafii:
They will come back for more after she gives birth, claiming these and that are needed as the 400k was not enough to buy everything

So for your mind 400k is enough to train a child till he becomes an adult abi. most Nairalanders are just broke fellow. sha.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Cutehector(m): 9:57pm On Jan 11
Na because money dey na....if money no dey, dem for no get mind to dey demand plenty.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by lekonso: 9:58pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
My brother, i was just laughing reading those earlier comments. People who have not bought baby things recently, how can you be making comments. Prices of everything has gone to the roof.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Lovelydaisies: 10:00pm On Jan 11
Guy, if your wife attends antenatal sessions, let her ask for the list now she still has some time. It will cover for what the baby, hospital and mother need for delivery and post delivery. Mine cost about 28k based on location sha.

Then you can add baby bed (which the baby may start disliking from one month sef and you end up dashing), baby drawer,baby sponge or just towel, baby clothes, whether okrika or designers from 0-6 months and you keep updating like that, baby care products like lotions, creams, oils, combs, socks, blankets, mosquito net, baby milk (just in case), manual breast pump (not sure of the current price but as from 10k), baby bathtub, bucket (they come in a set), feeding bottles and stick sponge. Let me stop here.

Act fast and now.

After two months, you'll assess yourself and see how much waste you made and how far you have gone. Experience will teach you better. cheesy grin

Addendum

Her mother being there is a plus for both of you. She'll help with everything from chores to labour through delivery and post-delivery. Just make sure to be judicious with your spending, make e no be like say in-law dey chop your money.

My mom was around for a week before my second baby last month. She was a great help!
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by bonnyhope: 10:00pm On Jan 11
ObaOfYorubaLand:

Don't you know road to the market?

By the time they finish with you, you'll get sense by force.

What's her mother doing in your house by this time when she never deliver?

[b][/b]
Is like the op is rich, he has enough to throw around even in this economic mess
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by bayooz(m): 10:01pm On Jan 11
So pe otilo... Owo wogbo. Money don vamose. shocked Naming nkoo?
When my wife was pregnant with our first baby, I personally went to the market to buy baby things worth 30k in 2001. Flask, feeding bottles, diapers, powder, soaps, cottin wool, cream, dresses, etc. Some materials were for new baby, Some dresses were for 1,2,3,4 months. And we really have rest of mind.
You and your wife ought to go and scout for these things. Kontri hard ooo to waste 400k plus like that.

Valoromega:

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by bonnyhope: 10:04pm On Jan 11
larryUG:

Just talk say you have enough to buy unnecessary things. Many homes are giving birth without even a 100k in their account to buy baby things and their babies are getting mature

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Lamanii22(f): 10:04pm On Jan 11
larryUG:

Close to 1million ke… if she now gives birth through cs nko…. It’s too much, I had my baby this year, I don’t think I spent up to 100k for baby stuff…. Maybe you bought unnecessary things sha… I know buying baby stuff is continuous but at the initial just buy what you need, the most basic need
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Hightowa: 10:07pm On Jan 11
I always believe in this mantra "if you want anything done well do it yourself ".

God forbid I marry a woman that doesn't know how to manage money prudently, but even if I do, I'll give her money to buy things needed. if she doesn't, I'll go and buy the basic essential items any other stuff she ask no concern me
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by enzojaylini: 10:09pm On Jan 11
Well you've to be patience and also be observabtm patience in sense to know if you trust your wife or maybe the influence and presence of her mum has made her change and conversant in the sense of the high cost of things in the country. Don't over react inside take charge as a man. Firstly work wnr communicate with your wife everything they need by writing it out in a list of sheet then select what you should buy first and if there's change she can go for others. Also find out things for yourself maybe a weekend go out with her to get the stuff that way you'll know if the first money was enough or not enough but either way, respect,love and support your wife bcus she's going thru a lot and all she needs is your support so give it to her and do it smartly. Thanks you

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Sets Herself On Fire Over Husband's Infidelity (Pics, Video) / Guys Can You Do This? (photos) / My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.