Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,328 members, 7,811,966 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening (46688 Views)

We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom / Go And Do A Paternity Test On You Children, Especially Your First Child / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Valoromega: 11:42am On Jan 11
We are currently expecting our first child , she should give birth within a this month.

She has requested money for baby things and I have given her over 400k but she hasn’t both the basic things she needs. She usually go with her mom to the market to get the things but they haven’t even both the things the baby will need in the hospital.
They went and bought baby wardrobe even though we already had baby wardrobe that was given to us on our wedding , she also both baby duvet without buying bed , the clothes she bought was for a month old baby , she didn’t even buy the first wear the baby would use , so far I haven’t even seen anything tangible she has bought with 400k plus I’ve given her, she hasn’t even bought the things she needs after delivery .

I don’t know if it’s her mom that’s telling her to buy those things, the mom doesn’t even care where the money comes from , she just demands that we buy this and that .

I was thinking the money I gave her would be enough to buy the most basic things she and the baby needs , now she’s demanding more

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by XOGBADO(m): 11:45am On Jan 11
Your wife and her mother are definitely playing a fast one on you. 400k in this economy should be enough to buy basic things, the rest can come later.

455 Likes 29 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Aleem26(m): 11:46am On Jan 11
Don’t give her ooo…tell her to stay back and follow her mom to the market FINALE

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by MisterBanny(m): 12:18pm On Jan 11
Her mom is such a wicked woman. I can tell u boldly that they are stuffing the money in their accounts . I pray God touches ur wife's heart.

Pls can anyone help me with something to buy food pls? Nothing is too small. Nigeria is scary right now 🙏🙏🙏🙏. God bless you as u do so

141 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by LordIsaac(m): 12:20pm On Jan 11
A lesson to the unmarried: look before you leap!

337 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by ObaOfYorubaLand: 1:03pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:
We are currently expecting our first child , she should give birth within a this month.

She has requested money for baby things and I have given her over 400k but she hasn’t both the basic things she needs. She usually go with her mom to the market to get the things but they haven’t even both the things the baby will need in the hospital.
They went and bought baby wardrobe even though we already had baby wardrobe that was given to us on our wedding , she also both baby duvet without buying bed , the clothes she bought was for a month old baby , she didn’t even buy the first wear the baby would use , so far I haven’t even seen anything tangible she has bought with 400k plus I’ve given her, she hasn’t even bought the things she needs after delivery .

I don’t know if it’s her mom that’s telling her to buy those things, the mom doesn’t even care where the money comes from , she just demands that we buy this and that .

I was thinking the money I gave her would be enough to buy the most basic things she and the baby needs , now she’s demanding more

Don't you know road to the market?

By the time they finish with you, you'll get sense by force.

What's her mother doing in your house by this time when she never deliver?

325 Likes 21 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Rokiat(f): 1:06pm On Jan 11
Go and buy the basic yourself case closed thread closed.

140 Likes 18 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by advanceDNA: 1:10pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

One of the things I hate most is when my supposed partner that should be my number one supporter is the one being inconsiderate and insensitive about spendings as if them dey pluck money for tree.

Baba .the money u gave her is more than enough ......But as u cannot talk on top ur own money and in ur own house ...give them another 700k......

287 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by larryUG(m): 1:26pm On Jan 11
Baba, I spent close to a million for my baby stuff.
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things . It seems a lot of people have not taken into account the effect of the naira losing value in the economy
I gave my wife 350K initially but she bought wasnt substantial.
She added her money and i gave her additional.
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba

70 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Esthered: 1:33pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things generally.
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba
I think it's your first hence the spending.
Why invest in a baby bed that the baby may not sleep in?
I'm comfortable stretching to reach my baby whom I share the bed with while husband puts up in another room.
Standing up can be so painful as it seems that my uterus and below wants to fall off let alone engorgement of my boobs due to excess bwest milk production. When baby wakes up, I reach out to her without leaving the bed to attend to her and I delivered with no tear but the recovery pain no be here.
The breast pump of 50k, was it the best bargain for electric pump? I got for 35k or is it the brand?
Dear OP, please go to pregnancy thread and look up for a comprehensive list and go to the market yourself.
My husband assisted me to shop this time although mine is no 2.

264 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by honour7: 1:38pm On Jan 11
Don't make trouble. Just advice your wife when you 2 are alone. Let her understand that she has left her family which is the meaning of marriage and formed her own family, that if she wants the family that she has formed to collapse. Let her know that as a family her first priority now is you and her unborn child and vice versa. Tell her for the family to survive wastage has to be stopped and taking advice from outsiders about her marriage too....... continue in that line.

Most times is not the fault of the husband or wife they are used to their family and have this attachment already.

Lastly treat your mother in law as a plague she is a very wicked person

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Acidosis(m): 1:50pm On Jan 11
Maybe she spent the money on this baby rocker👇👇😄😄

Advise her to cut her coat according to her size. That money is enough for the essentials.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by obinna58(m): 2:00pm On Jan 11
Acidosis:

Advise her to cut her coat according to her size. That money is enough for the essentials.
grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Gadafii: 2:15pm On Jan 11
They will come back for more after she gives birth, claiming these and that are needed as the 400k was not enough to buy everything

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Pecoleee345: 2:29pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things . It seems a lot of people have not taken into account the effect of the naira losing value in the economy

Baby wardrobe is 1million

Those of us that spent less than 200k to buy baby things are poor nah.

Celebrating total wastage and bragging about it.

287 Likes 26 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by larryUG(m): 2:30pm On Jan 11
Esthered:

I think it's your first hence the spending.
Why invest in a baby bed that the baby may not sleep in?
I'm comfortable stretching to reach my baby whom I share the bed with while husband puts up in another room.
Standing up can be so painful as it seems that my uterus and below wants to fall off let alone engorgement of my boobs due to excess bwest milk production. When baby wakes up, I reach out to her without leaving the bed to attend to her and I delivered with no tear but the recovery pain no be here.
The breast pump of 50k, was it the best bargain for electric pump? I got for 35k or is it the brand?
Dear OP, please go to pregnancy thread and look up for a comprehensive list and go to the market yourself.
My husband assisted me to shop this time although mine is no 2.

You are right, It is my first. The baby is yet to arrive so I may not know all the things needed like the bed. Yes people advised against getting the court that he may not likely sleep in it but then, lets just get it. My wife went to the market to buy all these with her friend and she is a very prudent person. Like she bargains more than me. As for the pump, she ordered it so it was a fixed price, could have been the brand

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Pecoleee345: 2:31pm On Jan 11
larryUG:

You are right, It is my first. The baby is yet to arrive so I may not know all the things needed like the bed. Yes people advised against getting the court that he may not likely sleep in it but then, lets just get it. My wife went to the market to buy all these with her friend and she is a very prudent person. Like she bargains more than me. As for the pump, she ordered it so it was a fixed price, could have been the brand

Guy don't waste money on buying babies things.....at the end you will dash it out.

Open an account for your baby and start saving up for him/her.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by larryUG(m): 2:35pm On Jan 11
Pecoleee345:

Baby wardrobe is 1million

Those of us that spent less than 200k to buy baby things are poor nah.

Celebrating total wastage and bragging about it.

I dont remember ever saying that Baby Wardrobe is 1m.

if your read correctly, you would have seen where i noted that i gave out 350k initially because I thought it is enough, but the rate of escalation of things now is just 3x what it used to be.
Anyways, you already have your opinion formed. Run with it

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Demigod22: 2:36pm On Jan 11
She should understand that the economy is not smiling. Her mother is not even helping matter.

We that are single are learning everyday.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by 1Sharon(f): 2:40pm On Jan 11
You can buy the baby things yourself since you know better. She doesn't have to buy them.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Pecoleee345: 2:41pm On Jan 11
larryUG:

I dont remember ever saying that Baby Wardrobe is 1m.

if your read correctly, you would have seen where i noted that i gave out 350k initially because I thought it is enough, but the rate of escalation of things now is just 3x what it used to be.
Anyways, you already have your opinion formed. Run with it

Guy baby wardrobe is 60k..

They are just extorting you cos you don't no about those things and you have enough money to spend.

I spent less than 200k to get everything I needed for my 2nd child last year October.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Esthered: 2:49pm On Jan 11
larryUG:

Well done. I can understand the excitement and anticipation of a baby. It always gets better with subsequent children. See it as an investment for others to come as I didn't spend up to 100k for my 2nd but knowing that diapers and formula will be my cost driver.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Esthered: 2:51pm On Jan 11
Acidosis:

You ehn. Investigator extraordinaire. You dey dere?
The thing is when women go baby shopping and they're not the ones responsible for the funds, it becomes a shopping spree.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by EriMma1: 3:05pm On Jan 11
400k for baby things shocked. Even if she's buying designer wears and bottles 🍼 she won't spend more than 20k.

If I take her to mother care at balogun market she'll buy enough quality baby stuff and even some for herself and still bring back enough change. My brother forget Dem don use you cash out. Wetin?

Now, why buy baby drawer when you already have. Tell her to return it and use the to buy the remaining things. Abi you dey fear her?

How can somebody be wasting money in this kind of economy you come home here dey talk small small.

Too bad if her Mom is actually aiding her in such dubious venture.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by missjekyll: 3:07pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

Go buy for yourself. Finish
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by KillingJoke: 3:13pm On Jan 11
You made mistake giving her money when you could have used your hand to buy those things

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by danzaki63: 3:21pm On Jan 11
Ask them to give you all the list of what is needed, get the list give it to your sister aunty or an office colleague who has passed through that stage to mark the most important ones for you. take the list to the market and haggle over the prices yourself. you will save a lot of money.even if you unborn baby is a twins 400k is more than enough.

if they have however bought the items, ask them to bring them out, video them and go out and ask for the prices, dont ever trust and inlaw with her daughter, Never!!!!!!!!

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by joinnow: 3:48pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

Tell the hospital to email or Whatsapp you the list for baby delivery. Do online market research. Then her the estimated amount along side the list.
They want to exploit you bro.
Like mother like daughter.
Beside after this you go get experience.

12 Likes

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by narite: 4:15pm On Jan 11
You should have been the one that went to market with her at this period and not her mother. This is the birth of your first child, you guys should be sharing this experience together, every bit of it. This won’t only save you from getting fleeced but strengthens the relationship.

Women have uncontrollable buying impulses, she might be seeing good products but decide to go for better, which would definitely cost more money; all because she is seeing this moment as something that must be perfect because it extremely unique, which it really not.

She won’t be the first to birth a child and definitely won’t be last. By the time she is having her 3rd, 4th child she probably won’t spend Half of what she has spent right now.

If you had being with her, you probably would have controlled those buying impulses, Which would have saved you from your wife’s naive extravagance.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Switinthemiddle(m): 4:23pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
Bros be like ur senior brother na ib d dende. this ur baby things money don reach settle some people for life

14 Likes

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Switinthemiddle(m): 4:28pm On Jan 11
This life no balance o. My mother never used breast pump for any of her 3 children. God that gave the child already made measures for the milk to come out. Maybe na poverty dey do me but i didnt spend more than 150k for my new born baby things but later on i still spent more

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Anguldi(m): 4:54pm On Jan 11
Rokiat:
Go and buy the basic yourself case closed thread closed.
He will get everything in mother care shop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Deaf Husband In Court Over Anal Sex With Wife / Daughter And Mother Die While Travelling To Prepare For Her Wedding. Photo / My Husband Thinks I Lied 2 Him About My Virginity Bcz I Didnt Bleed The 1st Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.