Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) (39941 Views)

Arise TV Presenter Shuts Down His Co-host During A Live Programme / Man Caught With Already Prepared Election Result Sheet In Umuahia (Video) / “The Candidates”: Buhari And Osinbajo To Be In A Live Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by ipobarecriminals: 5:28am On Jan 17
angry if he's a CRIMINAL,they should drag and bundle him like 🐐

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:30am On Jan 17
Rolings:

Sometimes criminals behave in a way that puts security agencies in a very difficult situation.
If a man decides to behave irrationally it's okay for police to be irrational with him too.
The police I know would have extended invitation to him and called him to come to their office and he has refused.
I'm sure he ran to that television studio believing falsely that he can't be arrested on set.

Whatever.

He could have been arrested afterwards.

Could he have escaped with police personnel covering all exits?

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by PDJT: 5:32am On Jan 17
-My God! This is really embarrassing to watch. What sort of Zoo animals are those police illiterates? These are the type that shoot and kill people who try to educate them on what the law actually states.

-Nigerian police? Avoid them; they are the lowest of the low.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Enemyofpeace: 5:33am On Jan 17
Nigeria just dey baje more and more every second of the day.

Mynd44 I hope you were not affected by the bomb blast in Ibadan?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by CJStarz: 5:35am On Jan 17
Was he granting an interview against the State Government?
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by favour32(m): 5:35am On Jan 17
SmartyPants:

Which law did they break?

You went further to link it to the possibility of arresting Oseni - is Oseni a wanted person or a suspect due for arrest? Why can't you situate events in their proper context?
Na wao!
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Enemyofpeace: 5:36am On Jan 17
What did the guy did to them now? I'm very sure the guy didn't did anything to them

Dpen11 I hope you were not affected by the bomb blast in Ibadan? Please stay safe!
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by 4tomandchi: 5:37am On Jan 17
Nigeria is truly a jungle
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Trophy12: 5:44am On Jan 17
This how bandit operate . grin before u no they demand for 100million

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by verybadmouth(m): 5:47am On Jan 17
Even if the guy is in a plane, in the bathroom, eating, banging his wife, in the office, farm, driving, the police officers have every single right to arrest him. He doesn't look like a top government official that has immunity, Soo why is he evading arrest and making stupid videos. He should follow them and answer any question he is asked.

But wait oo, una Nigerians funny ooo. What has the police officers done wrong for you to be insulting them in this manner?You don't even know what the guy has done wrong yet and you're blaming the officers. Imagine the guy was involved in the kidnap of your sister, will you be saying all these rubbish. Nigerians make una start to dey get sense oo. If you see how and where oyinbo dey arrest people ehhh, una go call Naija police holy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Manmusteat: 5:47am On Jan 17
Praxis758:
Only God know the kind of Stone Age curriculum the Nigerian Police is using in its training schools.

It is professionally, legally and morally wrong for any security agency to arrest a suspect during a live coverage of a program. They should have allowed the program to be concluded before effecting the arrest.

Our police will continue to be a disgrace and the leadership should e embarrassed for this.

That means they can burst into Arise studio and arrest Rufai Oseni for always tackling the leadership.
State the relevant sections of the law that forbids police from effecting an arrest during a live TV appearance. The police can even breakdown and barge into your house, break your car window, drag you off of an airplane to effect a lawful arrest if you are resisting like the guy here, and they are completely backed by law, you are here talking of live TV presence. Also what is morally or professionally wrong in arresting a criminal wherever he may be?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by alizma: 5:50am On Jan 17
Oga go and answer your call, in addition to whatever your offense was before, you can be charged for resisting arrest as evidence in your own video.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by rickyrex(m): 5:52am On Jan 17
Rolings:

Sometimes criminals behave in a way that puts security agencies in a very difficult situation.
If a man decides to behave irrationally it's okay for police to be irrational with him too.
The police I know would have extended invitation to him and called him to come to their office and he has refused.
I'm sure he ran to that television studio believing falsely that he can't be arrested on set.
bro he will not sleep in that radio station neither will that program he was invited for take the whole day. Why not allow the man to finish his program before arresting him. Moreoever he was tracked by the police man

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by verybadmouth(m): 5:54am On Jan 17
Jeezuzpick:

Whatever.

He could have been arrested afterwards.

Could he have escaped with police personnel covering all exits?
Baba, no matter the amount of crime, whether small or big, he's lucky to be in Nigeria. If it were a developed country, they will shut down that radio station immediately and bundle him like chicken. That guy has something hidden in his cupboard, hence the outburst. Why is he hiding? 🤔 Think

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Millimann: 5:55am On Jan 17
Rolings:

Which village do you come from?
You think you can just run into a radio station and be on a live program without prior scheduling.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by DeepSight(m): 5:56am On Jan 17
PlayerMeji:
Freedom of speech: guaranteed
Freedom after speech : not guaranteed
Freedom during speech: ?

Classic! Touche!

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by verybadmouth(m): 5:58am On Jan 17
rickyrex:
bro he will not sleep in that radio station neither will that program he was invited for take the whole day. Why not allow the man to finish his program before arresting him. Moreoever he was tracked by the police man
Finish wetin? Security agencies don't act like that ooo. Are you playing? So they should be waiting for a criminal to finish his thing because of what. Don't worry, when armed robber kills one of your loved one, on the day of his arrest, police will wait for him to finish whatever he is doing until he finds an escape route or disguises. Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Focusmind: 6:01am On Jan 17
Could this be part of "No gree for anybody this year " mantra this year?. To even think that the police is against the mantra and, now the chief implementer of the theme is funny. undecided
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by alizma: 6:04am On Jan 17
PDJT:
-My God! This is really embarrassing to watch. What sort of Zoo animals are those police illiterates? These are the type that shoot and kill people who try to educate them on what the law actually states.

-Nigerian police? Avoid them; they are the lowest of the low.
The illiterate here is you. Have you asked to know his offense, is it illegal to arrest someone at a radio station. This is why many of you keep getting killed in foreign land when you carry your madness there.
A team of law enforcement agency came to arrest him, he asked for the ID card which was shown to him yet he had the gots to say on live show that he was not going anywhere and you guys are clapping for him. Is this how the country will get better?

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by DeepSight(m): 6:04am On Jan 17
SmartyPants:

Which law did they break?

You went further to link it to the possibility of arresting Oseni - is Oseni a wanted person or a suspect due for arrest? Why can't you situate events in their proper context?

If you listen, the policeman simply kept saying someone had written a petition against him. Is that sufficient for this unnecessary drama?

Please note something: THE FIRST THING in arresting ANYONE ANYWHERE is to INFORM him of the REASON for his arrest - e.g: "You are hereby under arrest for the offense of murder of Mr. X."

Rather what did you see here - "You are a criminal." What is that?

The next thing is to read him his rights.

Besides there is a general place for civility and ethics in executing such things. I doubt that man was about to announce a coup on air please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by alizma: 6:08am On Jan 17
verybadmouth:

Finish wetin? Security agencies don't act like that ooo. Are you playing? So they should be waiting for a criminal to finish his thing because of what. Don't worry, when armed robber kills one of your loved one, on the day of his arrest, police will wait for him to finish whatever he is doing until he finds an escape route or disguises. Rubbish
I wonder what is going on in the Nigerian youths head o, imagine them expecting the policemen to be waiting for the guy to finished presenting before arrest, even when they can hear the police man saying you think you can keep hiding or so, an evidence that they may have been looking for him for sometime.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by DeepSight(m): 6:08am On Jan 17
alizma:

The illiterate here is you. Have you asked to know his offense, is it illegal to arrest someone at a radio station. This is why many of you keep getting killed in foreign land when you carry your madness there.
A team of law enforcement agency came to arrest him, he asked for the ID card which was shown to him yet he had the gots to say on live show that he was not going anywhere and you guys are clapping for him. Is this how the country will get better?

How can you write the bold and still fail to note that that is the very first thing the officers ought to have stated?
Rather they were saying - "there is a petition against you" and "you are a criminal". . . . . what nonsense is that?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by alizma: 6:10am On Jan 17
DeepSight:

If you listen, the policeman simply kept saying someone had written a petition against him. Is that sufficient for this unnecessary drama?

Please note something: THE FIRST THING in arresting ANYONE ANYWHERE is to INFORM him of the REASON for his arrest - e.g: "You are hereby under arrest for the offense of murder of Mr. X."

Besides there is a general place for civility and ethics in executing such things. I doubt that man was about to announce a coup on air please.
So they should have come with the petition and read it for him. Disclosing to him that a petition has been written against him is enough disclosure already.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by DeepSight(m): 6:10am On Jan 17
verybadmouth:

The first step in an arrest is to state the offence the person is being arrested for.
E.g: "You are under arrest for armed robbery"

No such thing was done here.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by SmartyPants(m): 6:11am On Jan 17
DeepSight:

The question is what is illegal about arresting someone while he or she is on air? Maybe it is not nice - maybe unprofessional, but I saw someone say it is illegal and I wondered. How?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Supremos: 6:12am On Jan 17
Rolings:

But you heard the guy saying he was never invited by the police?. If the police had extended to him a prior invitation, they would have countered him.

Police invasion of newsroom is terrible. They simply could have mounted guards and wait for him to finish
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by verybadmouth(m): 6:12am On Jan 17
alizma:

I wonder what is going on in the Nigerian youths head o, imagine them expecting the policemen to be waiting for the guy to finished presenting before arrest, even when they can hear the police man saying you think you can keep hiding or so, an evidence that they may have been looking for him for sometime.
And they all want to japa. Something is not right with Nigerians anymore sincerely

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by verybadmouth(m): 6:13am On Jan 17
Supremos:
But you heard the guy saying he was never invited by the police?. If the police had extended to him a prior invitation, they would have countered him.

Police invasion of newsroom is terrible. They simply could have mounted guards and wait for him to finish
Nawa ooo. Finish, that's how they'll wait for the criminal that will kill your family member to finish before they arrest him
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by DeepSight(m): 6:13am On Jan 17
alizma:

So they should have come with the petition and read it for him. Disclosing to him that a petition has been written against him is enough disclosure already.

My dear it is absolutely not enough. Anyone can write anything meaningless against anyone else as happens in this country all the time. The proper thing, not just under local laws, but also under global standard practice, is to state the offence, and read him his rights. E.g: You have the right to remain silent, etc.

If what you are advocating flies, you should simply go and live in a totalitarian state, not a constitutional democracy.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Rolings: 6:14am On Jan 17
verybadmouth:
Even if the guy is in a plane, in the bathroom, eating, banging his wife, in the office, farm, driving, the police officers have every single right to arrest him. He doesn't look like a top government official that has immunity, Soo why is he evading arrest and making stupid videos. He should follow them and answer any question he is asked.

But wait oo, una Nigerians funny ooo. What has the police officers done wrong for you to be insulting them in this manner?You don't even know what the guy has done wrong yet and you're blaming the officers. Imagine the guy was involved in the kidnap of your sister, will you be saying all these rubbish. Nigerians make una start to dey get sense oo. If you see how and where oyinbo dey arrest people ehhh, una go call Naija police holy.

Leave Nigerians to their foolishness most of the time .

Know this and live peacefully this 2024

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by ntyce(m): 6:15am On Jan 17
Rolings:

Listen to yourself, why will a criminal go and live programme, to announce his present location to the world?

Even if he believed he can't be arrested on set, he knows they could wait at the entrance and wait till he finishes the programme.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by DeepSight(m): 6:16am On Jan 17
SmartyPants:

The question is what is illegal about arresting someone while he or she is on air? Maybe it is not nice - maybe unprofessional, but I saw someone say it is illegal and I wondered. How?

Per the law - that strictly is not illegal in itself. But what would be illegal is not informing him of his specific offence (and that is not simply saying "there is a petition against you" ) and not reading him his rights.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aregbesola New Road Construction In Osogbo (pictures) / Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) / Efcc’s Lagos Found Billions: Amaechi, Fayose’s Aides Fight Over Ownership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.