Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,961 members, 7,828,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) (39985 Views)

Arise TV Presenter Shuts Down His Co-host During A Live Programme / Man Caught With Already Prepared Election Result Sheet In Umuahia (Video) / “The Candidates”: Buhari And Osinbajo To Be In A Live Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by babajero(m): 8:06am On Jan 17
GOATandYAMtheory:
show us where it is stated in the constitution that a bricklayer cannot be arrested while doing his job.

Una go just dey speak nonsense English full space. So you mean if a junkalist says things capable of disturbing public peace and inciting violence, he should be allowed to finish because he is on the job?

Most Nigerians just want to be heard. They don't even listen to themselves cheesy
your last paragraph just described you and your life in general, it is a pity you have brain but find it difficult using it.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by BadBradley: 8:08am On Jan 17
Rolings:

Sometimes criminals behave in a way that puts security agencies in a very difficult situation.
If a man decides to behave irrationally it's okay for police to be irrational with him too.
The police I know would have extended invitation to him and called him to come to their office and he has refused.
I'm sure he ran to that television studio believing falsely that he can't be arrested on set.
I'm utterly embarrassed my your sub par line of logic. You're a perfect candidate for the ill trained Nigeria police. You're even making up your own assumptions just to justify your stupidity.

Did you watch the video? Police say a petition was written against him. Now how does a mere petition warrant arrest ? Even if we assume the man has been running, breaking and disrupting a live studio session has legal consequences. Again the police are mandated to tell a suspect his offence during arrest and you could hear the man asking repeatedly what his offence was and the police kept mom.

Shame on you.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Beuberry(f): 8:10am On Jan 17
Supremos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFB_yQ6M3ig

Caught On Tape
We need update on the matter. Nigeria is tilting towards an irredeemable disintegration.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Hezmatosky: 8:15am On Jan 17
Praxis758:
Only God know the kind of Stone Age curriculum the Nigerian Police is using in its training schools.

It is professionally, legally and morally wrong for any security agency to arrest a suspect during a live coverage of a program. They should have allowed the program to be concluded before effecting the arrest.

Our police will continue to be a disgrace and the leadership should e embarrassed for this.

That means they can burst into Arise studio and arrest Rufai Oseni for always tackling the leadership.
Nope!
What if the guy has wrong information to pass, he wouldn't be allowed to do so. Where they got it all wrong is that, because police has the right of arrest at any point. You can prove yourself innocent at the station or the law court, the should have allowed the management of the tv station to go off air and handed the guy to them. That's all kiss
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by BadBradley: 8:17am On Jan 17
GOATandYAMtheory:
show us where it is stated in the constitution that a bricklayer cannot be arrested while doing his job.

Una go just dey speak nonsense English full space. So you mean if a junkalist says things capable of disturbing public peace and inciting violence, he should be allowed to finish because he is on the job?

Most Nigerians just want to be heard. They don't even listen to themselves cheesy
the person being arrested isn't a journalist but a guest on the show.

Secondly, a journalist on live radio can't be compared to a bricklayer job. Your line of reasoning is as porous as those illiterate policemen.

Would a police man arrest a doctor performing surgery? Does the constitution or police act say so?

Police interrupted a live programme people are listening to over a mere petition causing panic to the public and making the radio station to cut off abruptly in a fit of commotion and that puts the public in a state of panic , confusion and uncertainty. They should have waited at the reception and arrested the suspect after the programme.

The way ignorant people like you dey take dey bold these days is shocking

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Noblechykk(m): 8:18am On Jan 17
SmartyPants:

The question is what is illegal about arresting someone while he or she is on air? Maybe it is not nice - maybe unprofessional, but I saw someone say it is illegal and I wondered. How?
Keep supporting illegality until it happens to you.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by SmartyPants(m): 8:21am On Jan 17
Noblechykk:

Keep supporting illegality until it happens to you.

I asked a simple question: what is the illegal act and which law was broken? If you can't answer, rest.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by pongwa(m): 8:27am On Jan 17
Supremos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFB_yQ6M3ig

Caught On Tape
restricting arrest and obstruction of police duty. You go hear am
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by lexy2014: 8:29am On Jan 17
Na here Dem de show power. Help free children wey Dem kidnap, they are nowhere to be found

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by GOATandYAMtheory: 8:29am On Jan 17
BadBradley:
the person being arrested isn't a journalist but a guest on the show.

Secondly, a journalist on live radio can't be compared to a bricklayer job. Your line of reasoning is as porous as those illiterate policemen.

Would a police man arrest a doctor performing surgery? Does the constitution or police act say so?

Police interrupted a live programme people are listening to over a mere petition causing panic to the public and making the radio station to cut off abruptly in a fit of commotion and that puts the public in a state of panic , confusion and uncertainty. They should have waited at the reception and arrested the suspect after the programme.

The way ignorant people like you dey take dey bold these days is shocking
You are a complete mor0n if you don't still get the message. What makes the journalist/a guest at a radio station different from a bricklayer doing his job? You are just an empty ediot
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by lexy2014: 8:31am On Jan 17
pongwa:

Which one is "restricting" arrest?

How did he restrict arrest and obstruct police duty?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by BadBradley: 8:32am On Jan 17
GOATandYAMtheory:
You are a complete mor0n if you don't still get the message. What makes the journalist/a guest at a radio station different from a bricklayer doing his job? You are just an empty ediot
spoken like a true yam-eatimg goat.

Answer the question ' as a policeman will you arrest a doctor on live operation or wait for his operation to be over? You're comparing interrupting a live radio broadcast to a bricklayer moulding blocks.

Go school una no go gree. Read book , no. Unexposed Nairaland addicts like you go just dey embarrass una family shamelessly here.

Dehydrated olodo, I know say the harmattan done shrink your brain . Wait till raining season before commenting again.

Bemused idiot.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by pongwa(m): 8:34am On Jan 17
lexy2014:

Which one is "restricting" arrest?

How did he restrict arrest and obstruct police duty?
he should have asked if the police officer had a warrant for his arrest. After which, he has to comply if not, it could be used against him as evidence (I mean the video he recorded). I hope he has a good lawyer
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by gaskiyamagana: 8:34am On Jan 17
Supremos:
More photos.

Cc OAM4J Nlfpmod Dominique Mynd44 Puskin FOD Mukina2 Fergie001

Our police men has lots of agberos among them.

Why invade a newsroom because you want to arrest someone?.

Whatever happens waiting for the guy after he's done you pick him up?

That is Nigeria Police for the world!
They known that they are not trained enough for the guy not to escape them if the program is finished.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Supremos: 8:35am On Jan 17
pongwa:
if he has good lawyers, he won't hear anything. Police isn't law unto themselves. He has fundamental human rights as well as the right of the police to do their job.
He was asking relevant questions. In western world people Walk police out of their homes for not possessing arrest warrant. With folks like you, Nigeria is far from being good

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Supremos: 8:36am On Jan 17
joseph1832:
first of, how did they gain entrance into the compound?

Whoever that security guard is, if it was the boss in the station, the guy should start looking for another job.
exactly.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by pongwa(m): 8:37am On Jan 17
Supremos:
if he has good lawyers, he won't hear anything. Police isn't law unto themselves. He has fundamental human rights as well as the right of the police to do their job.
He was asking relevant questions. In western world people Walk police out of their homes for not possessing arrest warrant. With folks like you, Nigeria is far from being good
don't always jump to hasty conclusions because you fit enter gutter o
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Fiscus105(m): 8:38am On Jan 17
Hezmatosky:

Nope!
What if the guy has wrong information to pass, he wouldn't be allowed to do so. Where they got it all wrong is that, because police has the right of arrest at any point. You can prove yourself innocent at the station or the law court, the should have allowed the management of the tv station to go off air and handed the guy to them. That's all kiss

You think police would go directly to the Studio and arrest without having talking to people in that organisation? Common sense would have told you that, police would first meet gate man, meet several people before going to studio, most important room of the the organisation. They might have talked to authority in which they refused/reluctantly yield to police request.

You guys should stop act "totally & ignorantly" base on posts you read on social media.

I'm 100% sure, that the video is giving half information, and the issue might be of politics.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Supremos: 8:39am On Jan 17
gaskiyamagana:

That is Nigeria Police for the world!
They known that they are not trained enough for the guy not to escape them if the program is finished.
not enough excuse to commit illegality
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Supremos: 8:40am On Jan 17
pongwa:
I would advise you so to. Police is not Law unto themselves

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Supremos: 8:42am On Jan 17
pongwa:
people of your kind of mentality bequeaths irredeemable society to their kids because of lack of foresight
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Originalsly: 8:54am On Jan 17
Rolings:

Sometimes criminals behave in a way that puts security agencies in a very difficult situation.
If a man decides to behave irrationally it's okay for police to be irrational with him too.
The police I know would have extended invitation to him and called him to come to their office and he has refused.
I'm sure he ran to that television studio believing falsely that he can't be arrested on set.

Why must he be arrestedive on set? ... couldn't they wait for a break? ... shouldn't they say why he was arrested? ... it's kidnapping if they didn't. I can only guess the guy had info they feared he would reveal.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Bluntemperor: 9:12am On Jan 17
Fiscus105:

You think police would go directly to the Studio and arrest without having talking to people in that organisation? Common sense would have told you that, police would first meet gate man, meet several people before going to studio, most important room of the the organisation. They might have talked to authority in which they refused/reluctantly yield to police request.
You guys should stop act "totally & ignorantly" base on posts you read on social media.
I'm 100% sure, that the video is giving half information, and the issue might be of politics.

You may be right,bro!
The man in the Studio is yet to tell us , even his name, what he does for a living,his address because the Police says ' he has been dodging arrest!
So, those defending him, should tell us more!
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:15am On Jan 17
verybadmouth:

Baba, no matter the amount of crime, whether small or big, he's lucky to be in Nigeria. If it were a developed country, they will shut down that radio station immediately and bundle him like chicken. That guy has something hidden in his cupboard, hence the outburst. Why is he hiding? 🤔 Think

That being the case, give examples of people being arrested on air.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by delishpot: 9:25am On Jan 17
eldoradoxx:
When we select the worst of us and make them police officers, what do we expect. Less than 5 % of the entire officers of Nigeria Police behave like normal human beings with functional brains, the rest are abnormal. A normal well reasoning person who comes to radio studio to arrest a person will just have his seat and wait for the live program to finish and then effect his arrrst without any drama or incidence, nobody is saying you should not arrest, but the usual average Nigerian police officer wants drama, that is why he wants to bring the listening public to the arrest.

And if you put the best hands in there Nigerians will complain too. Because now their bs will not be ignored and they can't bribe the police to look the other way again.
Nigerians are all corrupt like the police they have now. I can boldly say the only honest Nigerian alive today is ME! Delishpot'.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by pongwa(m): 9:27am On Jan 17
Supremos:
people of your kind of mentality bequeaths irredeemable society to their kids because of lack of foresight
what have I said wrongly now? You just want to type grammar this early morning
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by owunabastard: 9:28am On Jan 17
alizma:

The illiterate here is you. Have you asked to know his offense, is it illegal to arrest someone at a radio station. This is why many of you keep getting killed in foreign land when you carry your madness there.
A team of law enforcement agency came to arrest him, he asked for the ID card which was shown to him yet he had the gots to say on live show that he was not going anywhere and you guys are clapping for him. Is this how the country will get better?
But the guy repeatedly asking what is his offence, I expect Nigeria Police since they are on camera to state his offence or the person that petitioned him

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by pacespot(m): 9:48am On Jan 17
Abuse of state power is just too much in this country, I'm tired of hearing news such as this.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by pongwa(m): 9:51am On Jan 17
Supremos:
I would advise you so to. Police is not Law unto themselves
ok

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by lexy2014: 9:56am On Jan 17
pongwa:
he should have asked if the police officer had a warrant for his arrest. After which, he has to comply if not, it could be used against him as evidence (I mean the video he recorded). I hope he has a good lawyer

1. Which one is "restricting" arrest?

2. How did he restrict arrest and obstruct police duty?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Intelligence Reports Foiled Saraki’s Near Escape From CCT Trial – Ripples / Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues / Top APC Politicians, Thousands of Supporters Join PDP (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.