Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) (39997 Views)

Arise TV Presenter Shuts Down His Co-host During A Live Programme / Man Caught With Already Prepared Election Result Sheet In Umuahia (Video) / “The Candidates”: Buhari And Osinbajo To Be In A Live Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Mansunny: 6:49am On Jan 17
I swear
Praxis758:
Only God know the kind of Stone Age curriculum the Nigerian Police is using in its training schools.

It is professionally, legally and morally wrong for any security agency to arrest a suspect during a live coverage of a program. They should have allowed the program to be concluded before effecting the arrest.

Our police will continue to be a disgrace and the leadership should e embarrassed for this.

That means they can burst into Arise studio and arrest Rufai Oseni for always tackling the leadership.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by sinero: 6:49am On Jan 17
drehdinho:
Oloriburuku police officers ; bandits are there killing the innocent you can’t do anything. The matter leading to this guys arrest could be civil if you check very well. E no go better for these set of police officer that went to harass that guy.

Don't be in a hurry to castigate the police force. Banditry and civil unrest starts with hate speech. He was on the show for a youth program, what was he saying, what message was he passing and how was he passing it to start with.
The assistant commissioner that gave them d go ahead is too big and knowledgeable to put his integrity on the line if the guy is actually clean. That was how portable made noise and harassed police men at his bar before for it turned out that he actually bullied his label signee. Let's be sensible before jumping into conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Rolings: 6:53am On Jan 17
tollyboy5:

Imagine wetin this police officer dey talk! Because you're not in country where you can be sued for slight mistake

Okay Mr Civilian I be policeman
What will you do about that

See this year 2024 no time to shalaye
You call me whatever I gree ...

Oddly you are correct.... NPF get away with most of these things because Nigerians are not suing them and getting compensation from them.....I totally agree with you on that.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by mycar: 6:55am On Jan 17
verybadmouth:
Even if the guy is in a plane, in the bathroom, eating, banging his wife, in the office, farm, driving, the police officers have every single right to arrest him. He doesn't look like a top government official that has immunity, Soo why is he evading arrest and making stupid videos. He should follow them and answer any question he is asked.

But wait oo, una Nigerians funny ooo. What has the police officers done wrong for you to be insulting them in this manner?You don't even know what the guy has done wrong yet and you're blaming the officers. Imagine the guy was involved in the kidnap of your sister, will you be saying all these rubbish. Nigerians make una start to dey get sense oo. If you see how and where oyinbo dey arrest people ehhh, una go call Naija police holy.
I am super sure that you did not watch that video. please go back and watch the video and edit your comment and if it happens that you indeed watched the video then your IQ level is questionable because I see no reason police will arrest someone without atleast arrest warrant or atleast disclosing his crime to him. if he had any question to answer, an invitation should have been the best and if he ignores it then you can get arrest warrant and come and arrest but the police in that videos did not comply with any of those.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Nato008(m): 6:55am On Jan 17
Manmusteat:

State the relevant sections of the law that forbids police from effecting an arrest during a live TV appearance. The police can even breakdown and barge into your house, break your car window, drag you off of an airplane to effect a lawful arrest if you are resisting like the guy here, and they are completely backed by law, you are here talking of live TV presence. Also what is morally or professionally wrong in arresting a criminal wherever he may be?
Please stop legalizing illegality.....this is not a zoo or animal kingdom please, there are standard practices in effecting arrests based on nature of crimes committed.....if is not a criminal or violent case, the police invites the person to the station for talks or questioning....Why u see this guy behaving like this is because nobody trusts tye police anymore....U can be taken and for the next one month nobody hears anything about u....

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Nato008(m): 6:57am On Jan 17
mycar:

I am super sure that you did not watch that video. please go back and watch the video and edit your comment and if it happens that you indeed watched the video then your IQ level is questionable because I see no reason police will arrest someone without atleast arrest warrant or atleast disclosing his crime to him. if he had any question to answer, an invitation should have been the best and if he ignores it then you can get arrest warrant and come and arrest but the police in that videos did not comply with any of those.
God bless u, we become used to rubbish in this country.....if we had working courts where people can sue the police back to back for there unprofessional conduct.... paying damages, the would change......but nah

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by SmartPolician: 6:58am On Jan 17
Rolings:

Sometimes criminals behave in a way that puts security agencies in a very difficult situation.
If a man decides to behave irrationally it's okay for police to be irrational with him too.
The police I know would have extended invitation to him and called him to come to their office and he has refused.
I'm sure he ran to that television studio believing falsely that he can't be arrested on set.

Are you a policeman?

If you aren't, don't come here to defend those guys because those guys are indefensible!

The same police officers that tells us that bail is free?

The same police that tells us that nobody should search our phones?

The same police that says that the officers don't have the right to block roads?

In all this, we see the opposite.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Fiscus105(m): 6:58am On Jan 17
GOATandYAMtheory:
show us where it is stated in the constitution that a bricklayer cannot be arrested while doing his job.

Una go just dey speak nonsense English full space. So you mean if a junkalist says things capable of disturbing public peace and inciting violence, he should be allowed to finish because he is on the job?

Most Nigerians just want to be heard. They don't even listen to themselves cheesy

Infact, I'm tire of people here oo, and these guys would be complaining that , girls can't contributing to variety of issues. Is that not better than guys that are saying nonsense.

For some people, if they don't attack/critical of govt or OP, they are not comfortable in their argument, even when the point they are proving is nonsensical to the common sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by mecustika: 7:04am On Jan 17
It's this animalistic behavior of our policemen that is creating this dysfunctional society we now have . For every profession there are rules of engagement. You don't break into private institutions to effect an arrest without following due process. One illiterate was asking whether there a part of our constitution that stops the police from arresting a bricklayer while at work or a doctor at an operation table. This the the type that make up our police.
Until Nigerian police is reformed and made attractive for educated and intelligent people and leave out these dregs and worthless members of the society they recruit and call policemen ,there can never be progress in that sector.
There are places you invade in that manner,the is way the country is now, and you will walk into a mess. What of if the private guards in the premises had mistaken them as kidnappers and shot at them . Gun battle would have ensued and the story would have been different.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by sketcherJ(m): 7:06am On Jan 17
verybadmouth:

Nawa ooo. Finish, that's how they'll wait for the criminal that will kill your family member to finish before they arrest him
if you are a police man in real life and you talk like this online, you must indeed be one of the bad eggs we are talking about. Don’t worry, your evil acts will catch up with you one day.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Obiedun(m): 7:09am On Jan 17
Supremos:
More photos.
Cc OAM4J Nlfpmod Dominique Mynd44 Puskin FOD Mukina2 Fergie001
Our police men has lots of agberos among them.

Why invade a newsroom because you want to arrest someone?.
Whatever happens waiting for the guy after he's done you pick him up?
A criminal can be arrested anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Supremos: 7:12am On Jan 17
verybadmouth:

That's not a newsroom, it's a studio. And who told you a newsroom is immuned from police invasion?
you sound ill informed

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Nato008(m): 7:13am On Jan 17
Rolings:

Did the American read Osama Bin Ladin his rights?
The point is when it comes to terrorism even the most civil state becomes draconian.
(I'm not saying he's a terrorist I just used it as an example)
Common how can u use bin laden as a case study when u know the were going to seve him justice hot
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by drehdinho(m): 7:14am On Jan 17
sinero:

Don't be in a hurry to castigate the police force. Banditry and civil unrest starts with hate speech. He was on the show for a youth program, what was he saying, what message was he passing and how was he passing it to start with.
The assistant commissioner that gave them d go ahead is too big and knowledgeable to put his integrity on the line if the guy is actually clean. That was how portable made noise and harassed police men at his bar before for it turned out that he actually bullied his label signee. Let's be sensible before jumping into conclusion.

I’m seriously worried how they could be quick to push to arrest a common civilian who has no gun in hands and didn’t kill nobody but when it comes to bandits they don’t swing into actions this way.

That’s a lot of sense in my point right there. I’m not worried about inviting that guy if he’s suspected to have broken the law.

One of the police officers was heard in the background saying he’s a criminal. Is that how they were trained?

Very foolish officers.
What’s stopping them from letting him done with the program. There’s no two ways of describing it; the police officers who carried out that order acted foolishly.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Supremos: 7:14am On Jan 17
verybadmouth:

I'm not a criminal and will never be. I don't think like a criminal, you're the one supporting a potential criminal, hence you're the evil, wicked and unreasonable one.
So anyone person arrested is a criminal?. Quit quoting me Agbaya
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by lilytender: 7:18am On Jan 17
Anguldi:
Zoo, Animal kingdom undecided

You are right, animals live in Zoos, but now you too live here.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Kinzo0917(m): 7:25am On Jan 17
Rolings:

Sometimes criminals behave in a way that puts security agencies in a very difficult situation.
If a man decides to behave irrationally it's okay for police to be irrational with him too.
The police I know would have extended invitation to him and called him to come to their office and he has refused.
I'm sure he ran to that television studio believing falsely that he can't be arrested on set.

Since they knew he was in the tv 📺 station, they could have waited in the reception , then after d program must have ended, then they pick him up instead of this show of shame

If the man was avoiding arrest, he won't come to abia state tv 📺 as a guest on the show na

My thought 💭 though
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by joseph1832(m): 7:28am On Jan 17
Supremos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFB_yQ6M3ig

Caught On Tape
first of, how did they gain entrance into the compound?

Whoever that security guard is, if I was the boss in the station, the guy should start looking for another job.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by sidonlook: 7:29am On Jan 17
Rolings:

Watch to the end . You will hear him say you suppose to invite me for questioning : that means the police did not invite him.
The police is suppose to wait and ambush him outside the station.
Things like this bring disgrace to the Nigerian police and the country as a whole.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by seunayantokun(m): 7:33am On Jan 17
Why can't the police do that to fulani herdsmen terrorists?
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by jaxxy(m): 7:41am On Jan 17
Our police cannot carry out a basic lawful arrest with a proper warrant despite their claim to be tracking him?

All this drama and explanation could have been avoided if they showed a warrant of arrest.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by victorazy(m): 7:43am On Jan 17
Praxis758:
Only God know the kind of Stone Age curriculum the Nigerian Police is using in its training schools.

It is professionally, legally and morally wrong for any security agency to arrest a suspect during a live coverage of a program. They should have allowed the program to be concluded before effecting the arrest.

Our police will continue to be a disgrace and the leadership should e embarrassed for this.

That means they can burst into Arise studio and arrest Rufai Oseni for always tackling the leadership.

Is the station not supposed have armed security men standby?
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Bluntemperor: 7:51am On Jan 17
EverythingPhone:
If theirs is. No skeleton in your cupboard
Pls follow them and know wetin Dey sup

It's good to yan - on Radios and Televisions and even On- Line - Social-Media but don't take laws into your hands!
1. What is ABN- Meaning, please?
Indomie Generation- We used to know the Association Of Better Nigeria- in the days of Senator- Author Nzeribe ( now deceased)- who obtained a night Judgement,by the IBB Military govt - to Scuttle the Abiola's Mandate in 1993!
-So what is ABN- Radio now and who owns it?
2. What Messages- are they transmitting,to the People?
Some of the Social Media Agents up - are just abusing- without, telling Nigerians anything- just abuse,abuse and abuse- Nigeria Police!
What Messages is the guy at the Station transmitting ?
3.We need to know the above clearly- for every right,also have responsibilities!

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by Ubanz: 7:53am On Jan 17
This is purely unethical.
Are we in a war era?
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by ITbomb(m): 7:54am On Jan 17
Manmusteat:

State the relevant sections of the law that forbids police from effecting an arrest during a live TV appearance. The police can even breakdown and barge into your house, break your car window, drag you off of an airplane to effect a lawful arrest if you are resisting like the guy here, and they are completely backed by law, you are here talking of live TV presence. Also what is morally or professionally wrong in arresting a criminal wherever he may be?
With a signed warrant of arrest
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by chikeze(m): 7:54am On Jan 17
Indices of a failed state. Why not invite him to d station instead of all dis drama on live tv. If he does not honour it u have every right to go after him.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:55am On Jan 17
What crime did he commit
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by InvertedHammer: 7:57am On Jan 17
Praxis758:

/
Go to the nearest Police college or better, go to your nearest Police station. It will be a gateway to the psychology of the police officers you meet on a daily basis.

/
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by uniquetechng: 7:59am On Jan 17
Rolings:

Nigeria police only send out invitation to big men and politicians, they invade your house with guns and live ammunition if you're a nobody in the society.
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by babajero(m): 7:59am On Jan 17
Praxis758:

That man may have something that will incriminate someone in the police or in the government that was why they didn't allow him to conclude first..
Re: Police Arrest ABN TV Guest During Live Programme In Umuahia (Video) by babajero(m): 8:02am On Jan 17
Rolings:

What you wrote just showed your mental capacity, shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Resignation: Buhari Told Kemi Adeosun To Go ‘Few Weeks Ago’ - Sahara Reporters / Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders / Fayose Responds To Second Impeachment Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.