Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

"Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? (3410 Views)

Sapa Go Kill Me Soon! See What Happened. / Share Your Worst Sapa Moment In The University. / Loosing My Mind [GRACE2GRASS]{sapa} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by codedgalaxy: 7:25pm On Jan 18
Have you ever survived on a single type of meal. Like, eating a particular type of food continuosly for a long period of time?
Mine was back in the days there was this period me and sapa where real good friends lol, that period i had only a bag of rice left in the house mehn!
Trust me brothers there was no type of rice i didnt cook. Day and night I was on rice diet for about a mounth lol it wasnt funny.
Another time was bread, but thats a story for another day.
Whats your own experience?
Kindly share....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by Starboytwo(m): 10:47pm On Jan 18
I bet you haven't seen this type of SAPA.

Sapa so severe you convert it to fasting.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by imagrg(m): 10:50pm On Jan 18
21 days fasting period is on...the poor already used to it. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by wash02: 10:56pm On Jan 18
This one time, I was so skint, I only always had enough money to afford a carton of noodles.

It was hell; my urine would always take on a very greenish colour after every meal. It scared the bejesus outta me.

2 Likes

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by Itooweak4una: 12:43am On Jan 19
wash02:
This one time, I was so skint, I only always had enough money to afford a carton of noodles.

It was hell; my urine would always take on a very greenish colour after every meal. It scared the bejesus outta me.

Damn man!!

That's so bad. I really hope you're doing better now.

The worse i had been was during my undergraduate days. I was extremely broke and i only had garri for foodstuff. I drank it for three days straight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by Peskid147: 1:58am On Jan 19
Eating on beans and macaroni for 2month bt I tank God

2 Likes

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by masterflowx(m): 4:05am On Jan 19
Have you ever been broked to the extent that your only means of survival is to lick thick red oil so that piles will at least, have something to bite instead of you?

It happens to me more than 20 times when I was in school.. 2001/2004.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by luminouz(m): 4:36am On Jan 19
I thank God for where I am today.

I suffered back in the days at school.

Sapa was so sapaing that I didn't eat any food for 3 straight days. I kept drinking water and sleeping like a pregnant cow to conserve energy. To make matters worse, All my neighbors were cooking good foods whose delicious smells tormented me for 3 days and invaded my dreams at night. I never asked them to give food based on the training my mum instilled into all her kids from a young age.

While delicious smells tormented me during the day, my dreams were worse. I was always eating delicious foods in my dreams, stealing food and even killing people for their food. I remembered killing my grandmother and eating her food. It got a point on the third day I stole so much food that everyone was now chasing me and calling me food. It was an experience I would never forget .

My friend came on the fourth day and found me lying on my bed unable to stand up and gaped when I told him the story. He bought orisirisi for me and literally saved me. I don't know what I would have done if he didn't show up. I was just too adamant to approach my neighbors for food. I hate begging anyone for anything.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by Olamilekxy(m): 5:47am On Jan 19
luminouz:

Sapa was so sapaing that I didn't eat any food for 3 straight days. I kept drinking water and sleeping like a pregnant cow to conserve energy. To make matters worse, All my neighbors were cooking good foods whose delicious smells tormented me for 3 days and invaded my dreams at night. I never asked them to give food based on the training my mum instilled into all her kids from a young age.

While delicious smells tormented me during the day, my dreams were worse. I was always eating delicious foods in my dreams, stealing food and even killing people for their food. I remembered killing my grandmother and eating her food. It got a point on the third day I stole so much food that everyone was now chasing me and calling me food. It was an experience I would never forget .

My friend came on the fourth day and found me lying on my bed unable to stand up and gaped when I told him the story. He bought orisirisi for me and literally saved me. I don't know what I would have done if he didn't show up. I was just too adamant to approach my neighbors for food. I hate begging anyone for anything.

Your mum instilled fear in you to the extent you couldn't eat your neighbor food while hunger dey wire you ?

Im not judging your mum but It would have been better if your mum provide enough foodstuff so that you won't experience something like this.

As a yoruba boy, we don't have problem giving our neighbor food or eating our neighbor food ,we only have problem with glutton, I wouldn't have survived university if not for my hostel mate, we helped each other , we cooked together, if I see you cooking and I'm hungry, I'll ask you if I can get some food from you , same with when I'm cooking, I even met someone that doesn't cook small food , hes reason is that someone might come and ask him for food ; but I later realized this is mostly yoruba thing cos other tribe hardly do it.

In yoruba land , some certain food are shared when they're cook , especially if the person that cooked doesn't have family e.g moi moi , can a single person finish 10 wrap of moi moi?

Hunger wire me for school but not to the extent of drinking garri for 3 days straight or during 21 days fasting, when no be sey I no get neighbor or I'm a bad person cos I dey give when I have too.

My hostel is face me and face you by the way.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by codedgalaxy: 6:02am On Jan 19
Lol, some people turn food bandits at nights. Pls i will like to use this medium to to say,
pls, is not every home training you cling on to, some are better left behind or improvised on as you grow.

1 Like

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by Zanzibar1: 6:03am On Jan 19
If you have been fortunate never to have been in this shoes, you are super lucky.
One time at school, I was so hungry and broke. I started plucking mangoes in school and storing it.
I legit climbed the mango tree in the school and plucked. It was what I ate for 4 days straight and I started having dysentery.

On the fourth day, a man that I have never met or talked to before came to where I was seated and gave me 1 bacobag of rice and beans with palmoil and some money.
An hour earlier, I had had a strong thought in my mind that if I couldn't get food, I could die and I didn't want to die.
I believe someone heard my intense thoughts that day

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by codedgalaxy: 6:07am On Jan 19
Peskid147:
Eating on beans and macaroni for 2month bt I tank God
my g you been dey flex na.

1 Like

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by codedgalaxy: 6:17am On Jan 19
wash02:

green urine? thats fair man.
Ever been a bread diet for about two weeks?
Then you will find out, of all the food with foul smell, ( i mean as excreter) bread stands out. Even you cant even stand yourself after releasing a fart cause, it stinks to high heavens damn. So chill mehn.

2 Likes

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by Chineduagwu: 6:33am On Jan 19
Zanzibar1:
If you have been fortunate never to have been in this shoes, you are super lucky.
One time at school, I was so hungry and broke. I started plucking mangoes in school and storing it.
I legit climbed the mango tree in the school and plucked. It was what I ate for 4 days straight and I started having dysentery.

On the fourth day, a man that I have never met or talked to before came to where I was seated and gave me 1 bacobag of rice and beans with palmoil and some money.
An hour earlier, I had had a strong thought in my mind that if I couldn't get food, I could die and I didn't want to die.
I believe someone heard my intense thoughts that day

God heard your intense thought.
Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by codedgalaxy: 6:51am On Jan 19
Chineduagwu:

yes he does hear our thoughts.
Over the course of my lifetime, i haue been suprised time and time again by him.
Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by Zanzibar1: 6:52am On Jan 19
Chineduagwu:

I guess that's the simplest explanation
Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by Gggjhhj: 6:55am On Jan 19
luminouz:

That is how we were brought up, Omo school humbled it, I no go fit kill myself.
Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by kingar(m): 7:39am On Jan 19
One day inside this January I ate yam all day. Boiled yam in the morning with red oil. The remaining of the boiled yam in the afternoon with groundnut oil and later fried the remaining yam for diner. E go better with time

2 Likes

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by temmyejo: 7:40am On Jan 19
I [b][/b]NORMALLY eat cooked food only twice a week for about two months now since the construction firm I am with finished their project and we were thrown off. I survive mostly on free fruits (Papaya or PawPaw) and Garri and I have never asked for handouts from anyone, so what you experienced was just a tiny tip of an iceberg..... ...

1 Like

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by Obierika(m): 8:17am On Jan 19
In my entire life I have never been so broke that I could not afford to eat standard 3 square meals!

1 Like

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by codedgalaxy: 8:34am On Jan 19
kingar:
One day inside this January I ate yam all day. Boiled yam in the morning with red oil. The remaining of the boiled yam in the afternoon with groundnut oil and later fried the remaining yam for diner. E go better with time
boiled yam, oiled yam, fried yam lol bros you wan kee the yam.
Foqget you been dey on flex budget lol.

4 Likes

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by codedgalaxy: 8:37am On Jan 19
Well so far i guess is safe to say, after breakfast na sapa be the next national cake o.
Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by nigerianart: 8:40am On Jan 19
This is not the worst case. Normal school diet.

I ate 8 indomie a day for 3 months. There were times my stomach is making hungry noice, so I cook indomie, then just sit there looking at the food.

Similarly (although NOT ME, and their food has at least 3 variant); that would be PRISON. "As e dey hot".
Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by Therock5555(m): 8:46am On Jan 19
luminouz:

This is funny but sad as fuvk...

1 Like

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by kingar(m): 9:08am On Jan 19
codedgalaxy:
boiled yam, oiled yam, fried yam lol bros you wan kee the yam.
Foqget you been dey on flex budget lol.
very tight budget. But I go still eat better soon in the future.

1 Like

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by codedgalaxy: 9:12am On Jan 19
kingar:
very tight budget. But I go still eat better soon in the future.
ye mehn no guts no glory (story).

1 Like

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by codedgalaxy: 9:16am On Jan 19
nigerianart:
This is not the worst case. Normal school diet.

I ate 8 indomie a day for 3 months. There were times my stomach is making hungry noice, so I cook indomie, then just sit there looking at the food.

Similarly (although NOT ME, and their food has at least 3 variant); that would be PRISON. "As e dey hot".
Lol if i were you i wouldnt touch noodles forever lol.
Cant imagine beign on noodles diet for months damn. I might as well just die.

1 Like

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by ravensckar(m): 9:28am On Jan 19
The kind of SAPA that I passed through in my University days is still giving me PTSD. I drank Garri to the extent that I almost went blind.

Before any meal, I'll drink Garri. After eating, I'll augment it with Garri. It got to a point where my urine contained Garri. angry angry

There was a time I couldn't find anything to eat for 2 days straight other than Garri, I became so weak that I almost died. I started having nightmares even in the afternoon. My saving grace was that I had my neighbour's number on speed dial, she's the one that came to my rescue. She carried a grown up like me to her room and took care of me (with food and medicine). Up until this moment, I still remember that day. After graduation, I swore never to go hungry again talk less of drinking Garri. And to the glory of God, I have never being hungry again. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by NSNO(m): 10:03am On Jan 19
I have eaten enough garri to the extent that even if I don't eat garri again in my life, I have still eaten more than the average person.
I have also eaten so much golden penny jollof noodles that the smell of that noodles now irritates me.
That time, my friends will ask me why I don't put fish or meat in my meals, I will say I am going for "quantity not quality for now".
Well, I have gone beyond that now.
Truly "hard times be like sugar, without am the story no go sweet".

8 Likes

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by PinkNature: 10:09am On Jan 19
Yes, just last semester.

I ate cooked potatoes for 3 straight days as breakfast and dinner. Was such a terribly experience.

1 Like

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by codedgalaxy: 10:10am On Jan 19
ravensckar:
The kind of SAPA that I passed through in my University days is still giving me PTSD. I drank Garri to the extent that I almost went blind.

Before any meal, I'll drink Garri. After eating, I'll augment it with Garri. It got to a point where my urine contained Garri. angry angry

There was a time I couldn't find anything to eat for 2 days straight other than Garri, I became so weak that I almost died. I started having nightmares even in the afternoon. My saving grace was that I had my neighbour's number on speed dial, she's the one that came to my rescue. She carried a grown up like me to her room and took care of me (with food and medicine). Up until this moment, I still remember that day. After graduation, I swore never to go hungry again talk less of drinking Garri. And to the glory of God, I have never being hungry again. cheesy cheesy
urinating garri? lol haba bros try dey calm down na.
Lol again.

1 Like

Re: "Have You Ever Been On This Sapa Level" ? by codedgalaxy: 10:19am On Jan 19
NSNO:
I have eaten enough garri to the extent that even if I don't eat garri again in my life, I have still eaten more than the average person.
I have also eaten so much golden penny jollof noodles that the smell of that noodles now irritates me.
That time, my friends will ask me why I don't put fish or meat in my meals, I will say I am going for "quantity not quality for now".
Well, I have gone beyond that now.
Truly "hard times be like sugar, without am the story no go sweet".
this your story sweet die...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Many People Do Not Understand The Word Love / Ladies: Can You Foot The Bill On A First Date? / Do Ladies Get Excited/enthused To Date Or Marry Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.