Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. (46106 Views)

The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam / Best Phone You Ever Bought?? / How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tochez24(m): 3:35pm On Jan 19
forgiveness:

How do one lock alert sim? What do you mean by alert sim?

How do you lock your atm card?

The sim you use for alert, ussd and mobile app transactions.

Your Atm already has a 4 digit lock in it the day you collected it from your bank!!!
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Lishafelly: 3:35pm On Jan 19
Capital yes
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tochez24(m): 3:36pm On Jan 19
Goodnewsforlife:
u don’t have to call him dumb to drive home your point bro

NOTED sir⚠️
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by porthouse7(f): 3:36pm On Jan 19
sihamey:

So you don’t do mobile banking ? The problem is not the SIM card you use for your bank account but mobile banking app you use for transactions can be manipulated when you loose your phone.

My formula
Always freeze your account with your mobile app unfreeze it when you wants to do transactions in this case if someone steal your phone and try to use your bank app he will not succeed
no need for all this if you have face id as biometrics
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by almarthins(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19
Kobicove:
I have partial solution to this...all my bank accounts are tied to just 1 SIM card and that SIM card is in a cheap torchlight phone which I keep at home permanently grin

An added security measure is that my SIM card is locked with a PIN code

You dey updated. Some people no know say them go lock their SIM with SIM code. Just incase of lost
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Icon4s(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19
tochez24:

You loose your money because you're actually DUMB, not because something is wrong with the Nigerian banking system⚠️

If you're not technically inclined, please avoid using ATM cards and nothing will happen to money if you loose your phone!!!!

But, if you're smart and technically exposed like me.... First thing you do is to lock your alert sim with a unique password, then proceed to lock with your atm cards, bank apps and ussd with passwords. To be on a safe side, you can use one long unique password for all of them, linking them to just one mobile network which you have already passworded too.

And please do not share this details with anyone, whether with a friend, family or scammers impersonating bank staffs.

That way when you loose your phone, nobody can even access your mobile line talkless of your bank account😆😆

I have lost my phone severely times and nothing happened to my bank account 💯

All these lock this, lock that, use long password. Wait till you need to do an urgent transaction and you forget any of those password
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by WhirlWindx(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19
How do you do this fella? pls walk me through this process.
sihamey:

So you don’t do mobile banking ? The problem is not the SIM card you use for your bank account but mobile banking app you use for transactions can be manipulated when you loose your phone.

My formula
Always freeze your account with your mobile app unfreeze it when you wants to do transactions in this case if someone steal your phone and try to use your bank app he will not succeed
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by stacyadams: 3:38pm On Jan 19
seborrhic:

Big,fat lie.
Stop spreading lies.
Not talking from say,so,but have lost my phone more than twice and not a single dime was lost before I retrieved the SIM.
One left for a week,the other happened on a Friday,went and did sim swap Tuesday the next week because the Monday was a holiday.
Both occasions didn't even block the lines.
So your post is not true at all.
It's ONLY if your pin is compromised that your money MAYBE gone.

I lost my line and am not the one that registered it any solution?
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tochez24(m): 3:39pm On Jan 19
Yktv:
If you actually believe this, for someone going around calling people dumb, you’re really the dumb one. You don’t know anything at all

Note that I'm not the cause of your frustrations in life.... Please take your anger somewhere else oga⚠️
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by chiboycue: 3:39pm On Jan 19
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. The Nigerian Banking System is very weak. Once you lose your phone, you lose all your money in your Bank a/c. This is very bad.

A solution to avoid loosing ur money is to always lock your sim card that is linked with your bvn using a strong PIN code. Be rest assured that your money is safe in the bank irrespective of loosing your phone once your sim is locked.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by porthouse7(f): 3:39pm On Jan 19
tochez24:

Exactly.... An atm card is the pathway for all Mobile and online transactions💯

If you don't want to stress yourself, just deactivate your atm card and rest. Then you have to be going to the bank anytime you want to withdraw money.

However, some banks won't allow you to withdraw any amount less than 150k inside the bank shaaa
20k is the max u can withdraw from any bank
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by JDhotral4: 3:40pm On Jan 19
What is a SIM card lock?
However, a thief could remove your SIM card from your phone and put it into another phone to use it for nefarious purposes. To prevent this, Android phones have a feature called SIM card lock that adds an extra layer of security to protect your SIM card
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tochez24(m): 3:41pm On Jan 19
porthouse7:
20k is the max u can withdraw from any bank

Lies... You can increase your daily limit withdrawal inside the bank to any amount, just visit your bank customer care⚠️
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by DWJOBScom(m): 3:41pm On Jan 19
post=128020705:
BeCareful out there guys.........

Most definitely.
She does has access 💯

And can make withdrawal claiming she was scammed
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Yktv: 3:41pm On Jan 19
You’re the frustrated one because you’re clearly calling people dumb up and down instead of educating them without insult. I am simply addressing your ignorance and hypocrisy.

tochez24:

Note that I'm not the cause of your frustrations in life.... Please take your anger somewhere else oga⚠️
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by JDhotral4: 3:43pm On Jan 19
How do I lock my MTN SIM card?
If you have an Android device, MTN recommends that you can activate a SIM card lock through these easy steps: On your Android device homepage, navigate and click on Settings. Scroll to select Security, and then click on Set up SIM Card LOCK. Next, click on the lock SIM Card and insert MTN default SIM Card PIN, 0000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by fkj950ax(m): 3:43pm On Jan 19
tochez24:
You loose your money because you're actually DUMB, not because something is wrong with the Nigerian banking system
It seems you are the dumb one. It shows the kind of person you are, if you find it okay by your standards to insult people you don't even know. You could have explained your BS process to him without insulting him, but some mothers do have them.
The post is about the banking apps too susceptible, and not a call for papers on how CUSTOMERS should protect their accounts because the bank apps are weak in terms of security.
Instead of people doing all the things you wrote, why can't the banks invest or develop safer apps?
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tochez24(m): 3:45pm On Jan 19
Yktv:
You’re the frustrated one because you’re clearly calling people dumb up and down instead of educating them without insult. I am simply addressing your ignorance and hypocrisy.

Address your broke life first⚠️

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by JDhotral4: 3:46pm On Jan 19
If you have an Android device, MTN recommends that you can activate a SIM card lock through these easy steps:

On your Android device homepage, navigate and click on Settings. Scroll to select Security, and then click on Set up SIM Card LOCK. Next, click on the lock SIM Card and insert MTN default SIM Card PIN, 00000. Tap on Change SIM Card PIN to change the default pin to your unique 4-digit pin and confirm your 4-digit unique pin. You should then power off and on to check if SIM PIN is activated.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by BadBradley: 3:46pm On Jan 19
sihamey:

My formula
mobile bank app are not the issue and can't be manipulated. It's your SIM which carries your bank details that's the weak point. The person you quoted has more foolproof solution than you.

Besides you don't need your primary SIM to do mobile banking.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Knoble22: 3:48pm On Jan 19
99thEnemy:
says who?😁

Any SIM linked to any of my financial accounts and other important things of high priority has simlock activated. Anytime the phone powers off and is back on you must input the SIM’s pin after unlocking the phone with passcode.

Stealing my phone, you are left with a brick because it can never be used except you know my activation lock details which leaves you with only one option to profit from it, which is to salvage it for spare parts.

My sim without knowing its PINCODE is just a useless chip.
...And do you think, the thief would bothered to off the phone before operating the phone?
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Bennycollins: 3:51pm On Jan 19
seborrhic:

Oga,there is no day people don't lose their phones.
Many of them are not tech savvy and don't do all these sim or phone lock of a thing.
The same story has been spreading that once your ATM card is stolen,your money is gone.
I am telling you that is not true on both instances.
You must have compromised your bank pin or ATM pin deliberately or accidentally to someone you know or had access to it one way or the other.
I am not saying people should be carefree and don't immediately block their lines or ATM when it gets missing,but the point I am making is that phone being stolen does not automatically guarantee your money is gone,even if you didn't lock your phone.
You just want to argue. Pray a bad thing doesn't happen to you. There are people that have been held at gun point to surrender their Sim, the unlocking pin and someone other vital info. By the time the rally round to block , a good part of their money had gone.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tochez24(m): 3:51pm On Jan 19
fkj950ax:

It seems you are the dumb one. It shows the kind of person you are, if you find it okay by your standards to insult people you don't even know. You could have explained your BS process to him without insulting him, but some mothers do have them.
The post is about the banking apps too susceptible, and not a call for papers on how CUSTOMERS should protect their accounts because the bank apps are weak in terms of security.
Instead of people doing all the things you wrote, why can't the banks invest or develop safer apps?

How is bank apps too susceptible When they have already provided you with all the security in this world⚠️

I usually ignore pained fools like you on my comment section but just know that you cannot taunt me!!!
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by huptin(m): 3:54pm On Jan 19
tochez24:

You loose your money because you're actually DUMB, not because something is wrong with the Nigerian banking system⚠️

If you're not technically inclined, please avoid using ATM cards and nothing will happen to money if you loose your phone!!!!

But, if you're smart and technically exposed like me.... First thing you do is to lock your alert sim with a unique password, then proceed to lock with your atm cards, bank apps and ussd with passwords. To be on a safe side, you can use one long unique password for all of them, linking them to just one mobile network which you have already passworded too.

And please do not share this details with anyone, whether with a friend, family or scammers impersonating bank staffs.

That way when you loose your phone, nobody can even access your mobile line talkless of your bank account😆😆

I have lost my phone severely times and nothing happened to my bank account 💯

People who start conversations with insults tend to suffer from low self confidence.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tochez24(m): 3:57pm On Jan 19
huptin:

People who start conversations with insults tend to suffer from low self confidence.

Yet I'm still doing well for myself⚠️

Isn't god wonderful?😆😆😅
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by ExudeLoveToAll: 3:59pm On Jan 19
Kobicove:
I have partial solution to this...all my bank accounts are tied to just 1 SIM card and that SIM card is in a cheap torchlight phone which I keep at home permanently grin

An added security measure is that my SIM card is locked with a PIN code

This is a smart move I must say.

In addition, my heavy account has nothing to do with internet banking, apps, ussd, ATM etc. Every transactions is over the counter. My transactionary accounts are internet banking enabled.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by chiboycue: 4:00pm On Jan 19
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. The Nigerian Banking System is very weak. Once you lose your phone, you lose all your money in your Bank a/c. This is very bad.

A solution to avoid loosing ur money is to always lock your sim card that is linked with your bvn using a strong PIN code using your phone. Be rest assured that your money is safe in the bank irrespective of loosing your phone once your sim is locked.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by JDhotral4: 4:01pm On Jan 19
Forget ur Sim Lock pin Dial this*123*7*3# answer the question and ur Sim Lock will be sent to you by msgs. Or call customer care frm another line
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by JDhotral4: 4:03pm On Jan 19
Forget ur Sim Lock pin Dial this *123*7*3# answer the question and ur Sim Lock will be sent to you by msgs. Or call customer care frm another line

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Niyi4321: 4:05pm On Jan 19
This jobless generation always find fun in troubling a peaceful flowing stream.
Maybe someone can explain to me
How's loosing one's phone equals losing one's money in any banks?
No one can unlock your phone without your password likewise your bank apps.
And even to transfer money out is another ATM pin.
NairaLanders, they like to stick their noses in non relevant topics
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Tonididdyx: 4:06pm On Jan 19
ATM card
Unlocked phone
Unlocked sim

... Kiss your money adieos unless you act immediately.

I misplaced my ATM card but wasn't sure when and where, my instincts told me it's somewhere in the house. So I relaxed.
I only use that account for online payment, it only gets cash when I need to pay something using my ATM information online. I put in 10k one day... All my transactions dey say unsuccessful.
Went yo the bank next day to check my balance and register bank app, CS say the money was withdrawn at a POS.

I shook....... Lol

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by JDhotral4: 4:11pm On Jan 19
Clean ur ccv code at the Back of ur ATM card and memories it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This / How To Cancel Etisalat Internet Daily Deduction / Mtn Zone: Know How Much You Pay For Calls Before Dialing A Number!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.