Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? (2134 Views)

What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband / Kemi Olunloyo: I Have Never Been Married At 56 Because I Won't Submit To A Man / Video Of Woman Caught Trying To Have Sex With Her Best Friend's Husband In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Proserpina: 11:33pm On Jan 24
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by TruthsFM: 11:36pm On Jan 24
Seun:
The idea that every woman in every marriage should be submissive offends me. No one should be allowed to demand for that. Anyone who is truly submissive will surely be taken advantage of. When I love someone, the last thing I want to do is to try to subjugate/infantilize them. I feel so sad when women are talking about the "struggle" to achieve submissiveness in their marriage because of some ancient religious texts.

I want a strong partner. I don't want a subordinate. I don't want an unpaid domestic employee. Equality in diversity is the way to go, in my view.
you are wrong Oga Seun. America culture is different from Nigeria culture now. Is this how our forefathers lived?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by iLegendd(m): 11:56pm On Jan 24
AoifeNightfall:
I see hot takes on women being submissive especially after that mummy Zee's stuff on Twitter.

But I want to ask, in this modern era where women contribute financially too in the home, should a woman still submit?

I think we should be talking about reciprocal respect now, not submission because the world is changing. Concepts that worked in the past may not work anymore in the present era.

That's true.

In the olden days, men invented airplanes, so we want an equivalent that never existed by women since we're using a new concept in this present era.

Let's not forget the phone you're using, computer, the money you used yesterday, Blockchain, ChatGPT, your new friend, etc.

Men walk shirtless, but you people have refused to flaunt your bréasts at the gym. You're always covering them. Isn't this new era? Women couldn't even invent cryptócurrency until a man did. Why wait for a man? I thought it's the new era.

The money you're talking about, men invented the idea and the machine used in printing them.

I won't lie to you, despite how much I love the female gender, you people will always lie down for us to f*ck you and deposit our seed inside you like our slaves. It can never change.

In fact, if we control our urges, you people will beg for it cuz you need it more and you love having babies more than we do.

In summary, no matter what the West tries to do, a woman will forever remain a man's slave even if she's a judge, doctor, etc. All she knows, a man invented them. The man may be God or the ones you see physically.

All she's working to achieve, a man created it. Though, the word slave sounds degrading, but it is what it is.

So, even if you bring in billions per month, (money printed by a machine invented by men) your husband (a man) who doesn't bring anything will still be the head because his gender has done all the works for him.

There are lòts of dumb white men who aren't educated, but guess what? As long as his skin is white, we always feel he's smart and can invent something, but no, lots of black men are better than him.

Since his race has done lots of great inventions, we give him that respect. He's reaping from the labour of his great grand fathers and it's forever.

This is the same way men will reap from the labors of great men who have come before us to invent and set the standard.

For women, you can reap from the great work of Eve (eat forbidden fruits and look for men to bring closer to the Devil) or great women like Mary (get pregnant for a man—physically or spiritually).

As I said, I still like women anyday, anytime. Even as I'm typing, my pretty bestie is by my side using my hotspot to watch videos online.

Women give me joy, but I know they'll always be beneath us (real men) even if they're richer and smarter than us. Even SIMPs, a woman is still beneath him despite her age.

Las las, man go pour spérm inside you except you're forever a les. If you must be on the same level as a man, pour your liquid inside him so that he'll be pregnant for you. Can you? No!

Even if you say it can be achieved with technology, my question is: Who invented the technology? Or who are you waiting for to invent it? A man.

So, you, my fellow feminist, should chill. Any man who tries to be politically correct just to please women, knows the game he's playing. Such a man is a manipulative SIMP.

Women can never be men, vice versa or equal, period.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On Jan 24
AoifeNightfall:
■ I see hot takes on women being submissive especially after that mummy Zee's stuff on Twitter.
But I want to ask, in this modern era where women contribute financially too in the home, should a woman still submit? I think we should be talking about reciprocal respect now, not submission because the world is changing. Concepts that worked in the past may not work anymore in the present era.
No matter the era one is born in, the woman should only submit if and only if the man equally submits to her. Simple! undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On Jan 24
nstore:
Love Conquers All!..
When did love tell you that? undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On Jan 24
Amotolongbo:
Every institution has its own rules, just like every game. It is not necessary to play a game if one can’t play by the rules. Marriage is not mandatory. The British who believe and wants equality do not go into marriage, what they do is partnership.
But marriage has always been regarded as a Partnership between 2 individuals. undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On Jan 24
Tallesty1:
It is funny how you people reason. If you want to abolish submission because you contribute then you must change whole thing. For a start, women should start going to the man's side to ask for his hand in marriage and collect list.
There is no "abolishing" necessary since marriage has never been defined as a submission for the woman to the man. It is only when you get to the cultural level that you can say some people in some cultures choose to see marriage that way. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 12:03am On Jan 25
Vikinatty:
■ where is it written in the Bible that a should not submit.
■it is stated clear that " men love ur wife and women submit to ur husband" no matter what the man is the head and the woman is below him, u can't compromise the Bible. A woman was created to serve, submit, respect and honor her husband not the other way round. "so called feminist"
Let's leave the Bible out of this because
▦ The book does not hold for everyone nor does it pretend to define for all societies what the Law as far as marriage should be. If anything, it is a tale of two Nations and one God(God of Israel) and Nigeria is not one of those Nations.
▦ Also, when you drag the mention of the Bible in, people blindly begin to spew ludicrous ideas from the book forgetting it is filled with opinions as well. Case and point, Paul's opinion regarding men and women has nothing to do with that recorded in the same book of the God of Israel, nor Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 12:05am On Jan 25
muller101:
You don't bend the rules in the middle of the game madam.
She bent absolutely nothing in what she stated. undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by drimzsmoke(m): 12:18am On Jan 25
iLegendd:

That's true.

In the olden days, men invented airplanes, so we want an equivalent that never existed by women.

Let's not forget the phone you're using, computer, the money you used yesterday, Blockchain, ChatGPT, your new friend, etc.

Men walk shirtless, but you people have refused to flaunt your bréasts at the gym. You're always covering them.

The money you're talking about, men invented the idea and the machine used in printing them.

I won't lie to you, despite how much I love the female gender, you people will always lie down for us to f*ck you and deposit our seed inside you like our slaves. It can never change.

In fact, if we control our urges, you people will beg for it cuz you need it more and you love having babies more than we do.

In summary, no matter what the West tries to do, a woman will forever remain a man's slave even if she's a judge, doctor, etc. All she knows, a man invented them. The man may be God or the ones you see physically.

All she's working to achieve, a man created it. Though, the word slave sounds degrading, but it is what it is.

So, even if you bring in billions per month, (money printed by a machine invented by men) your husband (a man) who doesn't bring anything will still be the head because his gender has done all the works for him.

There are lòts of dumb white men who aren't educated, but guess what? As long as his skin is white, we always feel his is smart and can invent something, but no, lots of black men are better than him. Since his race has done lots of great inventions, we give him that respect. He's reaping from the labour of his great grand father and it's forever.

This is the same way men will reap from the labor of great men who have come before us.

For women, you can reap from the great work of Eve (eat forbidden fruit) or great women like Mary (get pregnant for a man—physically or spiritually).

As I said, I still like women anyday, anytime. Women give me joy, but I know they'll always be beneath us (real men) even if they're richer and smarter than us. Even SIMPs, a woman is steal beneath him despite her age.

Las las, man go pour spérm inside you except you're forever a les. If you must be on the same level as a man, pour your liquid inside him so that he'll be pregnant for you. Can you? No! Even if you say it can be achieved with technology, my question is: Who invented the technology?

So, you, my fellow feminists, should chill.

At first when I stumbled on that your flirting topic, after reading it, I concluded that this guy is very smart. But on seeing this, I take it back, you're not that bright!!!
I'll advise you watch movies like hidden figures, queen of katwe and the likes
In those days, a woman was not supposed to go to school, her husband could beat or sell her if he wanted, women couldn't work. They never had a say anywhere. Hence what birthed the true feminism and not the nonsense nairaland slowpokes are doing today
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by iLegendd(m): 12:21am On Jan 25
drimzsmoke:
At first when I stumbled on that your flirting topic, after reading it, I concluded that this guy is very smart. But on seeing this, I take it back, you're not that bright!!!
I'll advise you watch movies like hidden figures, queen of katwe and the likes
In those days, a woman was not supposed to go to school, her husband could beat or sell her if he wanted, women couldn't work. They never had a say anywhere. Hence what birthed the true feminism and not the nonsense nairaland slowpokes are doing.
In my world, you don't exist. Your opinion is right to you, so run with it and I wish you the best. No love lost, no love found. I don't do things to please living things.

Don't forget, you won, so no argument. Have a nice day.

5 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 10:00am On Jan 25
Seun:
The idea that every woman in every marriage should be submissive offends me. No one should be allowed to demand for that. Anyone who is truly submissive will surely be taken advantage of. When I love someone, the last thing I want to do is to try to subjugate/infantilize them. I feel so sad when women are talking about the "struggle" to achieve submissiveness in their marriage because of some ancient religious texts.

I want a strong partner. I don't want a subordinate. I don't want an unpaid domestic employee. Equality in diversity is the way to go, in my view.
Submission is different from subordinate.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Maisiba(m): 11:13am On Jan 25
Because it is strange for a hen to chase a cock.
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by stanliwise(m): 11:20am On Jan 25
Vikinatty:
where is it written in the Bible that a should not submit. it is stated clear that " men love ur wife and women submit to ur husband" no matter what the man is the head and the woman is below him, u can't compromise the Bible. A woman was created to serve, submit, respect and honor her husband not the other way round. "so called feminist"
not everyone is a believer
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Seun(m): 12:34pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:

Submission is different from subordinate.
What is submission in this context?
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 1:22pm On Jan 25
Seun:

What is submission in this context?
Submission in this context is respect, not thinking you're lower in rank to your husband.

And submission is something that can be easily achieved by any wife as long as she respects her husband, and for the man as long as he loves his wife .

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■ Submission is different from subordinate.
How so? undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by cijiy: 1:58pm On Jan 25
Insulting is not allowed, damn
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 2:03pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
Submission in this context is respect, not thinking you're lower in rank to your husband.
■ And submission is something that can be easily achieved by any wife as long as she respects her husband, and for the man as long as he loves his wife .
Respect in and of itself does not cause a person to lower his or herself to another. That I respect a colleague at work, for instance, does not cause me to lower myself towards that colleague in any way or form. So, it seems you don't clearly understand what you claim here. undecided

For a woman to use her respect/love/age/gender, etc., for her husband as a reason to reduce herself to a position of submission to him meaning she subordinates means her reason is her particular excuse for the action.. undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 3:19pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
Respect in and of itself does not cause a person to lower his or herself to another. That I respect a colleague at work, for instance, does not cause me to lower myself towards that colleague in any way or form. So, it seems you don't clearly understand what you claim here. undecided

For a woman to use her respect/love/age/gender, etc., for her husband as a reason to reduce herself to a position of submission to him meaning she subordinates means her reason is her particular excuse for the action.. undecided
You are coming from a place of disregard, while I talked on respect. Respect will make you do the right thing towards a person, same way respect will make a wife do the right thing in the marriage.

Submission doesn't equate belittling yourself cause of marriage
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
You are coming from a place of disregard, while I talked on respect.
∆ Respect will make you do the right thing towards a person, same way respect will make a wife do the right thing in the marriage.
A place of disregard? Of what exactly? lipsrsealed

2. Right thing according to what standard? Same way? You seem to have Respect doing a lot of things respect is not known to. How come? undecided

. Does having respect for a person cause me to give up all chances and hopes of winning against that very person in life or something? lipsrsealed

. Does this respect you speak of render me incapable of standing up against the one I respect at all? lipsrsealed

I feel I need to ask because it seems even your idea of what respect is does not gel with that which I am aware of, as you seem to think Respect is at the root of particular choices made. undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
∆ Submission doesn't equate belittling yourself cause of marriage
Well, it depends, doesn't it? undecided
sub·mis·sion
1. the action or fact of accepting or yielding to a superior force or to the will or authority of another person.

2. the action of presenting a proposal, application, or other document for consideration or judgment.
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:06pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
A place of disregard? Of what exactly? lipsrsealed

2. Right thing according to what standard? Same way? You seem to have Respect doing a lot of things respect is not known to. How come? undecided

. Does having respect for a person cause me to give up all chances and hopes of winning against that very person in life or something? lipsrsealed

. Does this respect you speak of render me incapable of standing up against the one I respect at all? lipsrsealed

I feel I need to ask because it seems even your idea of what respect is does not gel with that which I am aware of, as you seem to think Respect is at the root of particular choices made. undecided
You are giving me general points, I'm talking about marriage here.

Okay lemme ask you a question, who's the head in a marriage? Is it the husband, wife or whoever contributes more financially?
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:09pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
Well, it depends, doesn't it? undecided
This is what submission in marriage means to me, if it means being a subordinate to you I can't help it

Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■ This is what submission in marriage means to me, if it means being a subordinate to you I can't help it
You are offering up an opinion which you believe aligns with your view in place of what the dictionary states of the same? undecided

By the way, notice that the one you quoted said that submission LOOKS LIKE you are respecting your husband, meaning it is not necessarily respect that is portrayed by the act of submission. So? undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:15pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
You are offering up an opinion that aligns with your view in place of what the dictionary states of the same? undecided
What the dictionary said it's correct but not from a marriage standpoint.

For a marriage to be successful, someone has to be submissive whether the man or the woman, someone has to agree the other person is the head
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■What the dictionary said it's correct but not from a marriage standpoint.
For a marriage to be successful, someone has to be submissive whether the man or the woman, someone has to agree the other person is the head
The dictionary meaning fails where marriage is concerned meaning there also needs be a different dictionary made for marriage according to you? undecided

Also, notice that the one you quoted said that submission LOOKS LIKE you are respecting your husband, meaning it is not necessarily respect that is portrayed by the act of submission. So, does this also mean that marriage — at least your idea of marriage — also has its own custom-made definition for respect separate from that contained in the dictionary as well? undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:17pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
You are offering up an opinion which you believe aligns with your view in place of what the dictionary states of the same? undecided

By the way, notice that the one you quoted said that submission LOOKS LIKE you are respecting your husband, meaning it is not necessarily respect that is portrayed by the act of submission. So? undecided
Yes that's why I said it's the better representation of my point.
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by drimzsmoke(m): 4:17pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:

You are giving me general points, I'm talking about marriage here.

Okay lemme ask you a question, who's the head in a marriage? Is it the husband, wife or whoever contributes more financially?

Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■ Yes that's why I said it's the better representation of my point.
So, you agree with the better representation of your point which asserts that it is not really RESPECT that makes a woman submit then? undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:20pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
The dictionary meaning fails where marriage is concerned meaning there also needs be a different dictionary made for marriage according to you? undecided

Also, notice that the one you quoted said that submission LOOKS LIKE you are respecting your husband, meaning it is not necessarily respect that is portrayed by the act of submission. So, does this also mean that marriage — at least your idea of marriage — also has its own custom-made definition for respect separate from that contained in the dictionary as well? undecided
I want to ask you a question, do you feel there should be a head in a marriage?
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by drimzsmoke(m): 4:21pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:

Yes that's why I said it's the better representation of my point.

Please take her back to that your other question. Who is the head of the family

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife And Mother-in-law Bitter Relationship. Why? / Chicks Where Are U All At / Why Guys Cheat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.