Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? (2132 Views)

What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband / Kemi Olunloyo: I Have Never Been Married At 56 Because I Won't Submit To A Man / Video Of Woman Caught Trying To Have Sex With Her Best Friend's Husband In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 5:10pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
I am concerned about what you choose to think of a wife though. This conversation is geared towards understanding the facts, the particulars of submission, as practiced by some in marriage. undecided
I'm not in anyway trying to belittle a wife, I feel everyone has a role to play and they should act accordingly.
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
1. Marriage is a partnership.
2. You are allowed to question, assess risks etc but you do this with respect
3. A man is seen as the head of the family cause he's the protective one, he's the one that will ensure there is food on the table, he's the one that will ensure the kids go to school, he's the one that will ensure his wife needs are taken care of(talking about an ideal marriage)
A man isn't all and all but where there should be a head, it's the man. In a case where the man isn't "manning up" such man can't claim to be the head of the family.
1. So marriage is in fact a partnership, good. undecided

2. Now we have it that regardless of which partner comes up with the idea, the task is on the other partner to not only thoroughly investigate the proposed plan, ensuring that all risk assessment work is carried out and checks and balances are in place for whether the plan succeeds or fails. What this means is that none of the partners submits to the other or should do so in business then. Since the primary issue should be ensuring the success of the business above all things. Do, you see what I am saying? Submission does not apply as far as business partnerships as it almost ensures failure of the business and even the partnership. undecided

3. There are so many families out there where women occupy the roles you highlighted. So, again, what makes a man, and not the woman, the head of the family? undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
I'm not in anyway trying to belittle a wife,
■ I feel everyone has a role to play and they should act accordingly.
I meant I am not concerned at all about your personal opinions regarding the wife there since it does not matter as far as the subject here. undecided

2. Everyone has a role to play and my guess is you equally believe these roles you speak of are set in stone somewhere. undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
No it's not, it's like complimenting them, making them to do more .
Then you should equally accept the idea of a man being a true man as a compliment since it is equally meant to cause the same in men. undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 5:28pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
I meant I am not concerned at all about your personal opinions regarding the wife there since it does not matter as far as the subject here. undecided

2. Everyone has a role to play and my guess is you equally believe these roles you speak of are set in stone somewhere. undecided
The roles are not set in stone, the roles can be interchanged, the roles will surely be there.
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■ The roles are not set in stone, the roles can be interchanged, the roles will surely be there.
meaning men don't always need to be the heads? Mean equally can and should submit to their wives in those cases? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 5:29pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
Then you should equally accept the idea of a man being a true man as a compliment since it is equally meant to cause the same in men. undecided
Well it's your opinion, to me I don't buy the idea of calling or referring to someone as a real man.
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 5:30pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
meaning men don't always need to be the heads? Mean equally can and should submit to their wives in those cases? lipsrsealed
Finally. I've been saying this, that anyone can be the head cause there should be a head.
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■ Well it's your opinion, to me I don't buy the idea of calling or referring to someone as a real man.
You don't buy the idea of conditioning for men but you are open to that idea were women are concerned? undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■ Finally. I've been saying this, that anyone can be the head cause there should be a head.
Ok! So you've been saying that men should submit to and allow their wives to be the heads of the marriage? A man can equally be the pride of his family, and submit himself to the authority of his wife with respect. undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 5:34pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
Ok! So you've been saying that men should submit to and allow their wives to be the heads of the marriage? A man can equally be the pride of his family, and submit himself to the authority of his wife with respect. undecided
No. I said either the man is the head or his the wife or whosoever contributes more to the family upkeep

grin grin grin last part is funny ngl
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 5:35pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
You don't buy the idea of conditioning for men but you are open to that idea were women are concerned? undecided
Mine was from the standpoint of marriage, and yes am open to the idea of "conditioning" where marriage is involved.
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
No. I said either the man is the head or his the wife or whosoever contributes more to the family upkeep grin grin grin last part is funny ngl
So, the position of headship as far as the way you describe marriage should be based on who contributes most to the family upkeep and not necessarily what gender one came into this world as. Interesting! undecided

So, earlier, you had claimed in your part of the world, submission is an essential aspect of marriage. Care to tell us how this gender-neutral idea regarding submission in marriage has played out so far? Research after research shows that women are today major breadwinners in their homes in Nigeria. Are these women equally submitted to and accorded the respect they deserve in their marriages as heads? undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■ Mine was from the standpoint of marriage, and yes am open to the idea of "conditioning" where marriage is involved.
SO it is OK for a man to be conditioned and equally okay for a woman to be too only in marriage? undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 6:13pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
So, the position of headship as far as the way you describe marriage should be based on who contributes most to the family upkeep and not necessarily what gender one came into this world as. Interesting! undecided

So, earlier, you had claimed in your part of the world, submission is an essential aspect of marriage. Care to tell us how this gender-neutral idea regarding submission in marriage has played out so far? Research after research shows that women are today major breadwinners in their homes in Nigeria. Are these women equally submitted to and accorded the respect they deserve in their marriages as heads? undecided
Only 20% of marriages in Nigeria have women as the breadwinner and in those marriages people still don't regard them as the head per say.

But in my own sentiment, they are.
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 6:13pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
SO it is OK for a man to be conditioned and equally okay for a woman to be too only in marriage? undecided
Yes. They have always been conditioned in that aspect
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■ Only 20% of marriages in Nigeria have women as the breadwinner and in those marriages people still don't regard them as the head per say. But in my own sentiment, they are.
Here goes. And this should matter, why? undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
Yes. They have always been conditioned in that aspect
Men and women are conditioned by whom in marriage? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Samfloxin(m): 7:58pm On Jan 25
FRANCISTOWN:
I totally agree with your immeasurable depth of wisdom. Cultures that worked in the past may not work now. Therefore, things that worked in the past may not work now.

A'ight so,
•Men should start carrying pregnancies.
•Women should start training their future husbands thru schools.
•Women should also bring fruits, food stuffs, money and pay groom price. As I'm paying your family, you are paying my family too. No cheating
•Women should fix their husbands' car tyres.
•Should a snake find it's way into the house, the husband and the kids should hide . The woman should kill it.
•Once the woman loses her ability to contribute her quota. She should be seen as irresponsible and worse than an infidel.
•Women should also do the heavy liftings around the house.
•Are we goin on vacation? The husband should hold the kids hands. Women should drag the luggage and throw them in the car trunk.
•Women should also make their will and make their husbands beneficiaries too. Anybody can die first.
•On the wedding day. It shouldn't be the bride's day. It should be the couple's day.
A woman should put on nice blazers. There are nice suits for women too .
•A woman should grow beards too, so the kids can know there are two men in the house.
•In case there is an arson or inferno, any fire outbreak in short . The woman should firstly rescue her husband and her kids to safety even if it's at the detriment of her life. After all, a real man sacrifices his life for his family.
•The wife should defend the family in the case of uninvited visitors about the house in the middle of the night. The husband and the kids should hide in the basement.

Abeg if una remember anything, help me add.

At least, I'm paying a bride price for a reason
Oil dey your head

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 8:09pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
Men and women are conditioned by whom in marriage? lipsrsealed
Society
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 8:10pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
Here goes. And this should matter, why? undecided
It's just my opinion. It doesn't have to matter, cause that's what I feel and you might feel differently about it
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
It's just my opinion. It doesn't have to matter, cause that's what I feel and you might feel differently about it
OK! undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 9:11pm On Jan 25
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 9:16pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
lipsrsealed cry
Well, it is an opinion, isn't it. undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by GreatAchiever1: 9:25pm On Jan 25
drimzsmoke:

When I go visit anybody who is married, my friends or brother, I don't always get them shishi. The wives and kid(s) on the other hand, I go bearing them gift because I know it's a woman that still owns and runs the house. A man just want to be called the head to massage his ego, in reality, a real man knows he is not the head. It's complicated jare!!!

What did I just read?
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 10:32pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
Well, it is an opinion, isn't it. undecided
It is.
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by drnoel: 7:23pm On Jan 30
Seun:
The idea that every woman in every marriage should be submissive offends me. No one should be allowed to demand for that. Anyone who is truly submissive will surely be taken advantage of. When I love someone, the last thing I want to do is to try to subjugate/infantilize them. I feel so sad when women are talking about the "struggle" to achieve submissiveness in their marriage because of some ancient religious texts.

I want a strong partner. I don't want a subordinate. I don't want an unpaid domestic employee. Equality in diversity is the way to go, in my view.

Yes, that is where we all confuse the meaning of marriage. Our African mentality really can't exist in Morden times. The idea of submission in marriage does not have to apply to only the woman. Marriage itself is submission. You submit yourself to the other person for the progress and success of you both.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do Light-skined Girlz Think They Are? Egg!? Sighs. / Pastor Rapes Pastor’s Wife Inside Church. / Would You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.