Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,218 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? (2133 Views)

What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband / Kemi Olunloyo: I Have Never Been Married At 56 Because I Won't Submit To A Man / Video Of Woman Caught Trying To Have Sex With Her Best Friend's Husband In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
You are giving me general points, I'm talking about marriage here. Okay lemme ask you a question, who's the head in a marriage? Is it the husband, wife or whoever contributes more financially?
So, by head you imply that rather than both being partners in the agreement, one partner has to sit as authority over the other who sits as a subordinate in the marriage? undecided

I thought you said subordination has nothing to do with it but here you indicate that it is required. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:22pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
So, you agree with the better representation of your point which asserts that it is not really RESPECT that makes a woman submit then? undecided
I still maintain that for a woman to submit to her husband she will have to respect him and the submission isn't subordination
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■ I want to ask you a question, do you feel there should be a head in a marriage?
For a head to exist, there needs to be a subordinate — a being of lesser authority/power/say in the relationship. A subordinate is the one that submits to the one considered of higher authority. lipsrsealed

Marriages can exist as partnerships where both partners have an equal say in the affairs of the marriage. However, when you introduce a head into marriage, it ceases as a partnership and exists more as a master-slave union. undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:24pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
So, by head you imply that rather than both being partners in the agreement, one partner has to sit as authority over the other who sits as a subordinate in the marriage? undecided

I thought you said subordination has nothing to do with it but here you indicate that it is required. lipsrsealed
So according to you, there's nothing like a head in a marriage?
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■ I still maintain that for a woman to submit to her husband[b] she will have to respect him[/b] and the submission isn't subordination
Finally, you admit that respect is not in fact what makes the woman submit but rather it is what the woman ought to do even as she submits. Now, we are opening up to the reality of things. grin
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:25pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
For a head to exist, there needs to be a subordinate — a being of lesser authority/power/say in the relationship. A subordinate is the one that submits to the one considered of higher authority. lipsrsealed

Marriages can exist as partnerships where both partners have an equal say in the affairs of the marriage. However, when you introduce a head into marriage, it ceases as a partnership and exists more as a master-slave union. undecided
You are giving me a western definition of marriage which I won't fault cause over there women contribute their quota, compared to this side of the world.
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■ You are giving me a western definition of marriage which I won't fault cause over there women contribute their quota, compared to this side of the world.
There is absolutely nothing Western about any of what I have said so far since marriage as an agreement/partnership between a man and woman predates Western civilization, and yours too. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:26pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
Finally, you admit that respect is not in fact what makes the woman submit but rather it is what the woman ought to do even as she submits. Now, we are opening up to the reality of things. grin
This is what I said from the beginning
Respect - submission
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:29pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
There is absolutely nothing Western about any of what I have said so far since marriage as an agreement/partnership between a man and woman predates Western civilization, and yours too. lipsrsealed
Marriage is a partnership yes, in this part of the world, the husband is the head of the "partnership " or whoever contributes more financially

It's expected of a wife to be submissive to her husband while he loves her, this has been my pov from the get go

If you are a Bible believer, you would see it's saying the same thing
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 4:30pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
This is what I said from the beginning Respect - submission
Rather, what you have been trying to get us to believe thus far is that Respect triggers the action called Submission— a causality. But now you seem to be saying instead that Respect has to come along with Submission — no causality exists between the two. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■ Marriage is a partnership yes, in this part of the world, the husband is the head of the "partnership " or whoever contributes more financially
■ It's expected of a wife to be submissive to her husband while he loves her, this has been my pov from the get go. If you are a Bible believer, you would see it's saying the same thing
There is no "this part of the world" as far as marriage is concerned. Why? Because Marriage existed long before your ancestors came up with the idea which you claim applies to your part of the world. So, let's get aware of trying to assert culture as the only rule for all, anywhere, as far as marriage is concerned. Marriage is a contract between a man and a woman, and each couple has always had the right to decide for themselves as they both see fit. undecided

2. Such expectations mean absolutely nothing as each couple decides for themselves how to model their partnership. undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:34pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
Rather, what you have been trying to get us to believe thus far is that Respect triggers the action called Submission— a causality. But now you seem to be saying instead that Respect has to come along with Submission — no causality exists between the two. lipsrsealed
You want me to be going in circles embarassed respect comes before submission, whether it's along with it or before it doesn't matter
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
You want me to be going in circles embarassed respect comes before submission, whether it's along with it or before it doesn't matter
I am afraid that is all you trying to drag yourself around in circles since earlier you had clarified that it only looks like respect. And submission, along with that which looks like respect, are instead both expectations — one does not cause the other. lipsrsealed

Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:39pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
There is no "this part of the world" as far as marriage is concerned. Why? Because Marriage existed long before your ancestors came up with the idea which you claim applies to your part of the world. So, let's get aware of trying to assert culture as the only rule for all, anywhere, as far as marriage is concerned. Marriage is a contract between a man and a woman, and each couple has always had the right to decide for themselves as they both see fit. undecided

2. Such expectations mean absolutely nothing as each couple decides for themselves how to model their partnership. undecided
We on the same page, but what I want you to agree on, is that submission is important in a marriage, either from the man or the woman.

For the most part, it's from the woman
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by drimzsmoke(m): 4:40pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
So according to you, there's nothing like a head in a marriage?

Let me help you with your points. This is Aisha Yesufu, the only social media feminist I know of!!!

All the men Aisha dated in her life, she asked them out. Even her husband, meaning she doesn't believe some roles are meant for men while some are meant for women, yet she believes her husband is the head of the family!!!

Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
We on the same page, but what I want you to agree on, is that submission is important in a marriage, either from the man or the woman.
■ For the most part, it's from the woman
1. I will answer you if you will answer me this. Marriage is a partnership, a business of sorts. Is this submission you speak of equally important in business partnerships? undecided

2. Why can't it be from the man? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:48pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
1. I will answer you if you will answer me this. Marriage is a partnership, a business of sorts. Is this submission you speak of equally important in business partnerships? undecided

2. Why can't it be from the man? lipsrsealed
1. Marriage is more than a partnership, it's a union that should last till death, you can't call it a business.

And in businesses, submissiveness is equally important cause there you know this guy knows better than you, or does this better than you.

2. A man is seen as the head of the family not the woman.
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:49pm On Jan 25
drimzsmoke:

Let me help you with your points. This is Aisha Yesufu, the only social media feminist I know of!!!

All the men Aisha dated in her life, she asked them out. Even her husband, meaning she doesn't believe some roles are meant for men while some are meant for women, yet she believes her husband is the head of the family!!!
Yes, a responsible woman knows the husband is the head of the family regardless of her own achievements and a responsible husband knows the wife is the pride of the family regardless of his achievements
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
1. Marriage is more than a partnership, it's a union that should last till death, you can't call it a business. And in businesses, submissiveness is equally important cause there you know this guy knows better than you, or does this better than you.
2. A man is seen as the head of the family not the woman.
1. Should last till death? So, because you wish for marriage to last till death, it is no longer to be seen as a partnership that it was always meant to be? lipsrsealed

So, because your business partner knows better than you in an area, you think it makes sense to go all in without asking questions, assessing the risks of the plan he comes to the table with, and doing all that is necessary to assure the business in case his the plan he brings to the table fails? lipsrsealed

2. Why is a man seen as a head and not a woman? Because a woman cannot equally take care of the family even better than the man can? Because the man is smarter than the woman by having a dick? Because a man is more vastly emotionally, socially, and adversity intelligent than a woman? Why? undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by drimzsmoke(m): 4:56pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:

Yes, a responsible woman knows the husband is the head of the family regardless of her own achievements and a responsible husband knows the wife is the pride of the family regardless of his achievements

When I go visit anybody who is married, my friends or brother, I don't always get them shishi. The wives and kid(s) on the other hand, I go bearing them gift because I know it's a woman that still owns and runs the house. A man just want to be called the head to massage his ego, in reality, a real man knows he is not the head. It's complicated jare!!!
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
Regardless of her achievements, intelligence, etc., a woman should always demote herself to a level below the man because he is a man and she is a woman? So, it is all about putting up with or massaging the male ego rather than correcting it? undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:58pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
Regardless of her achievements, intelligence, etc., a woman should always demote herself to a level below the man because he is a man and she is a woman? undecided
You were selective, so you could prove a point
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■ You were selective, so you could prove a point
Selective of? in what sense? undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 4:59pm On Jan 25
drimzsmoke:

When I go visit anybody who is married, my friends or brother, I don't always get them shishi. The wives and kid(s) on the other hand, I go bearing them gift because I know it's a woman that still owns and runs the house. A man just want to be called the head to massage his ego, in reality, a real man knows he is not the head. It's complicated jare!!!
There's nothing like real man, that's a conditioning statement to keep you in check, have you heard of real woman before?
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 5:00pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
Selective of? in what sense? undecided
Didn't you see where I said a wife is the pride of the family regardless of the husband's achievement?
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■ Didn't you see where I said a wife is the pride of the family regardless of the husband's achievement?
I am concerned about what you choose to think of a wife though. This conversation is geared towards understanding the facts, the particulars of submission, as practiced by some in marriage. undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
■ There's nothing like real man, that's a conditioning statement to keep you in check, have you heard of real woman before?
Wow. So you don't equally see how saying a woman is the pride of the family as a conditioning statement to keep women in check as well? undecided
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 5:05pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
1. Should last till death? So, because you wish for marriage to last till death, it is no longer to be seen as a partnership that it was always meant to be? lipsrsealed

So, because your business partner knows better than you in an area, you think it makes sense to go all in without asking questions, assessing the risks of the plan he comes to the table with, and doing all that is necessary to assure the business in case his the plan he brings to the table fails? lipsrsealed

2. Why is a man seen as a head and not a woman? Because a woman cannot equally take care of the family even better than the man can? Because the man is smarter than the woman by having a dick? Because a man is more vastly emotionally, socially, and adversity intelligent than a woman? Why? undecided
1. Marriage is a partnership.

2. You are allowed to question, assess risks etc but you do this with respect

3. A man is seen as the head of the family cause he's the protective one, he's the one that will ensure there is food on the table, he's the one that will ensure the kids go to school, he's the one that will ensure his wife needs are taken care of(talking about an ideal marriage)
A man isn't all and all but where there should be a head, it's the man. In a case where the man isn't "manning up" such man can't claim to be the head of the family.
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by drimzsmoke(m): 5:06pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:

There's nothing like real man, that's a conditioning statement to keep you in check, have you heard of real woman before?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You want to start with me, I like argument more than food. You won't win
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 5:07pm On Jan 25
Kobojunkie:
Wow. So you don't equally see how saying a woman is the pride of the family as a conditioning statement to keep women in check as well? undecided
No it's not, it's like complimenting them, making them to do more .
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by Kimcutie: 5:08pm On Jan 25
drimzsmoke:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You want to start with me, I like argument more than food. You won't win
grin

The thing is I hate that word real man, it's often used to make you do something
Re: Why Should A Woman Submit To Her Husband In This Era? by drimzsmoke(m): 5:09pm On Jan 25
Kimcutie:
grin

The thing is I hate that word real man, it's often used to make you do something

Okay, noted grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Any Girl That Crosses My Path Will Surfer Heart Break / Girls Watching / Ladies Be Smart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.