Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN (10480 Views)

Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano / Our Cages For Your Poultry Farms@65,000 / Factors Contributing To The Success Of Livestock Farms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Sukakma(m): 8:13am On Jan 26
Curious345:

Can't you make your own feeds ?
it's not as simple as you think. We're complaining of cost of feeds alone talk more of producing our own feeds. Have you considered the amount it will cost. Layers feeds is quite complicated compared to broilers feeds
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Peakdesign23(m): 8:16am On Jan 26
sad
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by SirLakes: 8:16am On Jan 26
grin
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by EdiskyHarry: 8:17am On Jan 26
My only happiness is, we are all in this together irrespective of our tribe, religion or political party

2 Likes

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Curious345: 8:18am On Jan 26
Sukakma:
it's not as simple as you think. We're complaining of cost of feeds alone talk more of producing our own feeds. Have you considered the amount it will cost. Layers feeds is quite complicated compared to broilers feeds

🌲 Start farming corn
🌳rice bran is cheap and free
🌴start a pko mill so you can get PKC
🌵farm soyabean
🪴for calcium?get limestone ,it's cheap .
🍀the other supplements like lysine and methionine are cheap

☘️🌿🌱🌾
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by maasoap(m): 8:20am On Jan 26
ambale:
When will the country starts reaping the so called benefits of the tough decisions of the president?

This ain't funny any longer, money no dy even fit stay person hand again for this country sef 🤔

We won't reap anything as long as our presidents and presidential aspirants remain adamant about fuel subsidies being gone.
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by BABAawoo47: 8:20am On Jan 26
Curious345:

Can't you make your own feeds ?
cheesy grin Then your hens starts laying 1egg per week. Those feeds are optimized to provide the needed nutrients for consistent egg production

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by maasoap(m): 8:21am On Jan 26
Curious345:

🌲 Start farming corn
🌵farm soyabean

☘️🌿🌱🌾

Talk is cheap, easier said than done grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Curious345: 8:21am On Jan 26
BABAawoo47:
cheesy grin Then your hens starts laying 1egg per week. Those feeds are optimized to provide the needed nutrients for consistent egg production
not true

1 Like

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Eriokanmi: 8:21am On Jan 26
iwaeda:
APC have shutdown virtually EVERYTHING. Nothing is growing. $=#1450. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Calm down, dollar never reach that. I bought at 1,405 yesterday at alien. Though, apc is the worst thing that has ever happened to Nigeria
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Curious345: 8:21am On Jan 26
maasoap:

Talk is cheap, easier said than done grin grin grin

Actually easier done than said
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by SirLakes: 8:22am On Jan 26
mrvitalis:
I don't really think so I thing there has never been a better time to go into poultry farms

For the first time in a long time Nigerian produced poultry is not cheaper than imported poultry

Nigerian eggs cheaper than imported eggs

Government just needs to reduce the price of day old chicks and decongest the industry from the Ibadan cluster.... There is no reason day old would be 600 in Ibadan and 1000 in South East and south South

Even if you buy a bag of feed for 14,000 that's 450 per kg of feed... If you buy day old 650

You need about 5kg of feed to achieve 2kg to 2.5kg live weight in 7 weeks

That's 3650 cost of production ... This can give you 1.3kg to 1.5kg dressed weight

That's 2800 per kg... Foreign chickens are over 3500per kg

There has never been better time but u need to start with 5000 birds to see the results

You dey practice or na paper and statistics professor you be?

8 Likes

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by ClearFlair: 8:22am On Jan 26
APC is a huge scam.
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by sulaak(m): 8:23am On Jan 26
ambale:
When will the country starts reaping the so called benefits of the tough decisions of the president?

This ain't funny any longer, money no dy even fit stay person hand again for this country sef 🤔

The root cause is the insecurity in Northern and central Nigeria has reduced the production of poultry feed also the fall in Naira has increased the cost of importing poultry feed.

1 Like

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:24am On Jan 26
Nigeria keeps appearing as a country ran by unintelligent and useless/ineffective buffoons. undecided
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by risos(m): 8:25am On Jan 26
So if you can produce poultry feed that guarantees optimum poultry weight at 10% less that the average price of a bag of feeds, YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO BECOME A .......
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by ClearFlair: 8:25am On Jan 26
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by risos(m): 8:26am On Jan 26
So if you can produce poultry feed that guarantees optimum poultry weight at 10% less that the average price of a bag of feeds, YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO BECOME A .......

Opportunity for who get sense
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by PortHarcourtcit(m): 8:27am On Jan 26
Renewed HOPE
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by bionixs: 8:27am On Jan 26
ambale:

Are you reaping what you are not showing?
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by ClearFlair: 8:27am On Jan 26
Nice2023:
Tribalist,what do they know?

Tribalists don't have working brains. The tribalistic parts of their brain cancels out the small common sense they could have had

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Sukakma(m): 8:36am On Jan 26
Curious345:

🌲 Start farming corn
🌵farm soyabean

☘️🌿🌱🌾
ok thanks for this and you think farming corn is easy?? Do you know the cost of fertilizer and pesticides and cost of weeding??

1 Like

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by TOMMYS: 8:37am On Jan 26
Curious345:

You did broilers or layers
👍
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Evolutionism: 8:38am On Jan 26
iwaeda:

https://gazettengr.com/over-50-of-poultry-farms-in-nigeria-shut-down-in-2023-pan/

This is propagandagrin

Because i didn't noticed the effect.

All business are booming under the Algae Teeth economic policiesgrin

3 Likes

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by uuzba(m): 8:42am On Jan 26
happney65:
Exactly

He doesn't lie. High cost of poultry feed has affected the sector. A crate of Egg sells for over 3600 as of yesterday .

The few poultry farms that are still existing are just getting by

That is one of the effects of voting a non visionary leader

You'll Learn!

Nigeria's source of income is petroleum crude.
1. first, fhe government displaces the people that the crude is in their land.
2. Gives chance to foreign nationals to extract the crude.
3. Collects all the money that the foregn nationals use to buy the crude.
4. Buys back the refined crude for whatever the foreign nationals say the international price is.
5. The Nigerian government then looks at the Nigerian people and tells all of us: F**k You!
6. ... and spends the money anyhow they like.
7. We the people can go and die.

and that is the vision of the Nigerian govenment.

1 Like

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by nedekid: 8:43am On Jan 26
Very few businesses can operate successfully under the current economic atmosphere.
One thing I practically sing about here is the cost of power, running generators.
If your run an average business in this country, you will understand what I mean. It is as if you are doing business just to pay the diesel supplier!
As I said earlier, we burn 600liters every 2 days running 2 80kva gens in 2 locations. What business can survive that? Imagine large companies running eg 1000kva gens, some they cannot turn them off due to sensitive equipment or production processes.
Over time, the only recourse is to shutdown. That is one of the major reasons companies are closing shop or leaving the country.
Pic: Diesel we bought yesterday @1050 per liter. 450liters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by buJu234: 8:45am On Jan 26
Hope you added mine sha..

because I decided to sell everything and buy dollar in late 2022 and put it into my dorm account..

Do you knw that have made a lot of profit from this Forex since than the whole of my 5-6yrs of poultry farming.

Although am making money from forex but am not happy, because via the closure of the poultry, I made 10 staffs jobless. But not my fault.

The government needs to look into small businesses survive oo
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by AkpaMgbor(m): 8:47am On Jan 26
Curious345:

Actually easier done than said
lol are you this naive or just being mischievous? Someone who can’t break even on already produced feed should go into production of feed?
1. He will need a feed mill, a grinder and housing for the mill and product.
2. He will need a power source, since discos aren’t reliable he will need to get a diesel powered generator…diesel is going for about 800 naira per litre.
3. He will need to source the raw material for the feed in a large enough quantity depending on his poultry capacity.
4. He will need to hire and pay extra staff for the production.

I helped set up a feed production facility for a company in a very remote area in delta during my Nysc (as an agric engineer) and I know what it cost….but they were only able to achieve it because the then government of Jonathan gave many small farms youwin grants. And things were much cheaper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Osiris12: 8:48am On Jan 26
SirLakes:

You dey practice or na paper and statistics professor you be?
ask am if na statistics we go chop.

One was even talking about starting corn farming.
Corn farm wey herdsmen go cut throway
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by BennyDGreat: 8:52am On Jan 26
buJu234:
Hope you added mine sha..

because I decided to sell everything and buy dollar in late 2022 and put it into my dorm account..

Do you knw that have made a lot of profit from this Forex since than the whole of my 5-6yrs of poultry farming.

Although am making money from forex but am not happy, because via the closure of the poultry, I made 10 staffs jobless. But not my fault.

The government needs to look into small businesses survive oo

Oh my God... honestly there's a serious knowledge gap within the industry....

If the government had serious research institutes, they would have developed solutions suitable for the country putting into consideration every available factor....

We don't value research in this country.
Honestly it's painful reading this but like you said, small businesses need a lot of help...

The remaining ones that are still existing, how are they doing it?
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by BennyDGreat: 8:58am On Jan 26
olisefom:
I was complaining about this with a retailer in my neighbourhood yesterday.

The man was explaining to me that they always have to "book" (a week earlier - with money) before they can get specified supply (rationed offcourse).

Why are we having shortages of farm products in a country (south) of vast land and resources like Nigeria.
If insecurity is ravaging the North, what's happening in the south?

Nigerians are heading south because of our neglect of agricultural activities (majorly in the south) ...everything nobe government. But let's blame government so we can be fine.

There's insecurity as well in the South.
Many of them are unreported. If it wasn't for Sunday Igboho who made noise back then, many people won't know what was happening in the South West.

Beyond that, there's need for serious research institutes to proffer real time solutions to issues in the agricultural sector. This costs a lot. If government cannot fund it, let them woo private individuals and give them guarantee that their final results won't be stolen and ensure they make profit from their work.

Another thing is knowledge gap. How many young people today know about farming?
There has to be a lot of incentives put in place to make young people want to venture into farming.

Another thing is funding. It cost good money to run a farm that can feed even a local government.
When many consider the cost, they just japa.

Agricultural activities were majorly neglected because government, the major driver left the driving wheels
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Tochi360: 8:59am On Jan 26
iwaeda:

We have abandoned our farms due to insecurity and high cost of feeding birds. grin grin

I wonder how this is a funny issue to You undecided

Yes We have some zombies, but be guided to understand what is obtainable in the reality You live in. All this Apc zombies no plenty for reality, them few die. How many Apc zombie you don encounter for real life dis Month??

Na Sm them full.
Stop making a mockery of people's plight bcus of politics, eyes dey cry,nose dey cry join is the situation We have at hand.

E no go better for Apc and their zombie supporters.

Can You just imagine how this sick drug addict certificate forger don scatter everywhere angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Different Between Deep Litter System And Battery Cage System / Grapes Now Grow In Nigeria(tropics) / IJEOMA'S SEAFOOD - Dried Bonga Fish Available From Oron For 200 Pieces Per Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.