Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN (10483 Views)

Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano / Our Cages For Your Poultry Farms@65,000 / Factors Contributing To The Success Of Livestock Farms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Sukakma(m): 6:56pm On Jan 26
Love800:
There is a way u can make the feed. It will even be cheeper than buying.

The thing is dat, u have not invested in knowledge about making it.
boss it's easier said than done when it comes to layer feeds. Remember we're talking about layer feeds (egg laying birds) and not broilers or noilers or kushim (for meat production). I personally produce the feeds for my own broilers but for layers it's different. Any mistake will cause a drop in their egg production. Currently I get nothing less than five crates a day (over 150 eggs); now by mere changing of feeds from say chikun to vital or jargarba or any other company, I notice a drop in the egg production. You can imagine if I am to produce my own feeds without the necessary implements, it's going to be disastrous. It's not easy
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Love800(m): 6:56pm On Jan 26
That statement about selling of eggs, what are u actually saying there?
olisefom:

Very laudable points you have there. I think our mindset is just tailored towards consumption. Look critically into every sector and you will realise how deep this problem is.

Once an average Nigerian sees 3m, he thinks of either land, car or house...very rare for you to see them think of putting that money in a profitable venture to multiply the money. We need reorientation walahi.

I met an engineer months ago who was lamenting about tools to manufacture some saleable stuffs. When I asked him about the amount for the tools, he was mentioning around 8m or so...but to shock you, this man lives in his house (of over 10 in value)...comfortably seating on what can employ him, his community and his children.

Go check the spending pattern of the poultry farmers and you will discover that most of them lost their business as a result of them spending their money in a course not related to the farms...you buy feed and sell eggs - it's that simple! Or is it that people aren't buying eggs? Here in my community, you see egg to buy by chance. @150 per egg.

Our idea of acquisition is the root cause of this whole mess of debt, unemployment, lack of productivity and the rest.
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Love800(m): 6:59pm On Jan 26
U are producing local feeds?
obinna58:

Na em be the only option bro, I’m doing same while my farm is put on hold
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Love800(m): 7:08pm On Jan 26
What type of vegetable?
BABAawoo47:
Baba, Na work wey dem born me into... Sometimes when feedmill isn't working or money no dey to buy feed. We give dem veggies, they like it oo. But egg output will drop drastically for atleast 3days
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Sunday2021: 7:14pm On Jan 26
sulaak:

When do we hold Northern leaders to account? Northern elites are against restructuring and state police, that can provide security to the North.
see how you behave, you talk like a kid. So is it northern leaders that are in the office?
The president is Yoruba
The chief of staff is a Yoruba
The chief of police is a Yoruba man
So what else do you want to fight the insecurities?
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by DFPS: 7:39pm On Jan 26
Luckysbab:

If you need crates of eggs at 3,400, let me know.
I have at 3200 incase he give u bulk order
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Luckysbab: 9:38pm On Jan 26
DFPS:
I have at 3200 incase he give u bulk order

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Elobest(m): 7:05am On Jan 27
1 bag of feed is 12000,what do you expect,we suffer here.
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Love800(m): 8:13am On Jan 27
Okay.

What do u actually do with the broilers. U sell dem as meat?

Rearing for meat and rearing for eggs, which is more profitable?
I think in ur own case, u are engaging in both. Abi?
Sukakma:
boss it's easier said than done when it comes to layer feeds. Remember we're talking about layer feeds (egg laying birds) and not broilers or noilers or kushim (for meat production). I personally produce the feeds for my own broilers but for layers it's different. Any mistake will cause a drop in their egg production. Currently I get nothing less than five crates a day (over 150 eggs); now by mere changing of feeds from say chikun to vital or jargarba or any other company, I notice a drop in the egg production. You can imagine if I am to produce my own feeds without the necessary implements, it's going to be disastrous. It's not easy
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by superjaks(m): 8:32am On Jan 27
Love800:
Cant u make ur own feeds?

LOL

You have no idea what you saying

You're just ignorant sha
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Love800(m): 8:35am On Jan 27
Lol

Why u con attack me like dis?

Cant u make a constructive talk?

Una sef!
superjaks:

LOL

You have no idea what you saying

You're just ignorant sha
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by superjaks(m): 8:38am On Jan 27
Love800:
Lol

Why u con attack me like dis?

Cant u make a constructive talk?

Una sef!

A pained farmer obviously cry
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Love800(m): 8:41am On Jan 27
No.

I am not.

I just want to know ur "why" in the sense of making ur own feed.

Sorry if i sounded rude before.
superjaks:

A pained farmer obviously cry
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by sulaak(m): 10:33am On Jan 27
Sunday2021:
see how you behave, you talk like a kid. So is it northern leaders that are in the office?
The president is Yoruba
The chief of staff is a Yoruba
The chief of police is a Yoruba man
So what else do you want to fight the insecurities?

Nigeria has had Ijaw , Fulani, and now Yoruba. Has there been any security in the North and Nigeria as a whole? It is time for state police and regional security
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Sukakma(m): 10:42am On Jan 27
Love800:
Okay.

What do u actually do with the broilers. U sell dem as meat?

Rearing for meat and rearing for eggs, which is more profitable?
I think in ur own case, u are engaging in both. Abi?
yes I sell the broilers for meat. Rearing for eggs is far far more profitable than meat, it's incomparable. Eggs are on a high demand. Over here, you have book eggs one week before I deliver them to you because of constant demand and orders. I engage in eggs, meat (broilers, noilers, guinea fowl, turkey), fish, livestock. It's a small farm tho but it's moving
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by BABAawoo47: 11:19am On Jan 27
Love800:
What type of vegetable?
water leaf cheesy grin
If u get productive layer no try am oo..They will punish you with low egg production for 3days
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Love800(m): 11:47am On Jan 27
Okay.

One last question please.

How do u get ur customers. U go out for dem or dem come to you? In essence, how do u market?

Sukakma:
yes I sell the broilers for meat. Rearing for eggs is far far more profitable than meat, it's incomparable. Eggs are on a high demand. Over here, you have book eggs one week before I deliver them to you because of constant demand and orders. I engage in eggs, meat (broilers, noilers, guinea fowl, turkey), fish, livestock. It's a small farm tho but it's moving
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Love800(m): 11:47am On Jan 27
Hmm

Damn!

Nawa.
BABAawoo47:
water leaf cheesy grin
If u get productive layer no try am oo..They will punish you with low egg production for 3days
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Sukakma(m): 12:27pm On Jan 27
Love800:
Okay.

One last question please.

How do u get ur customers. U go out for dem or dem come to you? In essence, how do u market?

for the eggs, they come to me. As it is now, I'm overwhelmed with demands. I don't even go out to advertise anymore, mostly my customers will link me up with their friends who are also into buying eggs. Then those provision shops in the area also do come to buy.
For the meat, I have three suya joint that I supply to every two weeks. I also supply to some hotels
While for the livestocks, mostly I take them to livestock markets once in three months like that
Sometimes the buyers will come and meet me
Base on the occasion
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by determination26(m): 3:32pm On Jan 27
Sukakma:
Hello sir, I wonder if I can chat with you on WhatsApp or phonecall. I started a poultry farm last September, at first I had problems with keeping the birds alive but, from my present flock, I can say I've successfully solved that problem. I have some questions from people who've been in the game for quite a while. Between September and now, there's been a drastic increase in the price of feed but I have no intention of stopping the business anytime soon. Please if you can spare me a few minutes of your time, I would be very grateful. Thanks
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Sukakma(m): 3:49pm On Jan 27
determination26:
Hello sir, I wonder if I can chat with you on WhatsApp or phonecall. I started a poultry farm last September, at first I had problems with keeping the birds alive but, from my present flock, I can say I've successfully solved that problem. I have some questions from people who've been in the game for quite a while. Between September and now, there's been a drastic increase in the price of feed but I have no intention of stopping the business anytime soon. Please if you can spare me a few minutes of your time, I would be very grateful. Thanks
okayy..
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by determination26(m): 4:33pm On Jan 27
Sukakma:
okayy..I'll be glad to help..this is my number 080 8558 5132
Thank you so much, I've saved your number so please delete it to avoid receiving spam calls and messages. I'll call you later as I'm at a family function now.

1 Like

Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Love800(m): 4:40pm On Jan 27
U supply chickens for suya?

I thought abokis usually use only cow meats!
Sukakma:
for the eggs, they come to me. As it is now, I'm overwhelmed with demands. I don't even go out to advertise anymore, mostly my customers will link me up with their friends who are also into buying eggs. Then those provision shops in the area also do come to buy.
For the meat, I have three suya joint that I supply to every two weeks. I also supply to some hotels
While for the livestocks, mostly I take them to livestock markets once in three months like that
Sometimes the buyers will come and meet me
Base on the occasion
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Sunday2021: 6:31pm On Jan 27
sulaak:

Nigeria has had Ijaw , Fulani, and now Yoruba. Has there been any security in the North and Nigeria as a whole? It is time for state police and regional security
you are just talking myopically. Open your eyes and the wider implications of state police.
Imagine if wike had state police, what do you think would have happened?
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Sukakma(m): 6:50pm On Jan 27
Love800:
U supply chickens for suya?

I thought abokis usually use only cow meats!
they also roast chickens on steaks..like grilled chickens
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Love800(m): 6:51pm On Jan 27
Nice.

I appreciate. Had a really good conversation with u.
Sukakma:
they also roast chickens on steaks..like grilled chickens
Re: Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN by Sukakma(m): 6:52pm On Jan 27
Love800:
Nice.

I appreciate. Had a really good conversation with u.
you're welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Different Between Deep Litter System And Battery Cage System / Grapes Now Grow In Nigeria(tropics) / IJEOMA'S SEAFOOD - Dried Bonga Fish Available From Oron For 200 Pieces Per Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.